Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

raising purchasing power-rv

sonny1

LOL he can only hope he has my good looks! Hahahaha

It appears from the exchange rate tables that the Lira actually went up in value in 2005 when they RD.....but of course we wouldnt see Iraq devalue if they are on a locked program rate!!

Keep,

Congratulations on your new soon-to-be-arrival! That is so sweet. You will be the best dad, and rich too.

My best to your new son and mom.

all good ill just sneak up and knife in his back.laugh.gif

Are you sure you want to do that?

Why would a country have one of the most sophisticated currencies in THE WORLD with NO value? Why would ALL the major players go to Iraq to INVEST? Why would a country that has been held down for a decade come out with a currency that is worthless when the countries around them - with LESS TO OFFER have a more valuable currency??? Why with ALL their assets would they not have a internationally recognized and trade-able currency? Answer: THEY FREAKIN WOULDN'T!!!! Do yourselves a favor and FOLLOW THE F***ING MONEY!!! How many of you on here have a net worth of over a million? What... what was that??? Huh... just what I thought... Not many - if any at all! FOLLOW THE MONEY, people.... you WON'T regret it B)

Like I said: RV to RD to DE-DOLLARIZE. They win. We win.

If anything they are using Turkey as a reference of what NOT TO DO!!

Peace and hugs to all invested! ;)

Thank you. I just printed your comments out and pasted them on the refrigerator, bathroom mirror, computer screen, hung it on the key to the booze cabinet, and rear view mirror of the car. Oh, and I took a pen and wrote it on the palm of my hand.

Edited by Carrello

Contradictions.. We read the same thing with seating of ministers, passing of HCL, agreements of Erbil, and we've seen it with the budget for 2011. The media likes to confuse us, or so it seems.

We can say it is bad translation, but, some of the past articles really seem to confuse us as well.

Comparing Turkey & Iraq is Apples & Oranges

Their type of economy, how much crude they pump & export, their population, and how many zeros they removed.

But, for the sake of the matter, lets compare them.

Going off of memory, they did their LOP in 2004... They broke below the 10% inflation barrier and did a LOP.

Iraq brought their inflation down, had a spike in the 2006 period, and brought it down again, to extreme low #s (I.e. 5%)...

They're nearly going 5 years on a low inflation proving stability.

Now, they introduced the current Dinar back in 2004. Which likely helped them keep their accounting books "accurate."

What they're liable against, what is in circulation, what has been printed, etc. etc.

Now, according to the National Coalition Authority report - they initially printed & dispersed 6.38 Trillion into circulation, w/ the allocation of 2 Trillion into banks.

They exchanged the new dinars to old regime dinars at 1:1. They later allowed Swiss Francs to be exchanged along with USD

Why did they go that route? They likely wanted to ensure they had enough to cover all old regime notes.

Now, since than, they've successfully printed & issued new currencies with the ability to fully back each note 100% with liquid assets.

Interesting concept, right? The money supply they've expanded to, has been done with full 100% liquid asset backing from the initial phase of exchange.

I think, Shabibi is trying to improve productivity within the nation by building a private sector so the local economy can fully self-sustain itself (or depend on the private sector to produce the goods & services needed for daily lifestyle..)

But, he is reaching a point, where it may be necessary to poop or get off the pot.... Make a monetary policy adjustment to help give the economy a boost to go into the right direction.

Now, dollarization is an issue... How do you add incentive to use the IQD? I think raising the rate would definitely add incentive.. But, by how much? And what is sustainable, stable, and not going to damage them.

Why so many articles regarding a LOP, or what appears to be the discussion of a LOP? They're saying... Have faith in the IQD - the future change will not have the dinar lose value. They're basically trying to hint, that it is not going to have an increase in value, but remain the same. Why? To get their people to use the IQD over the USD.

There may be an abundance of IQD in Iraq, but we all have read that many prefer the use of USD, use it frequently, and even request to be paid in it (likely). Maybe they're hoarding IQD, have no trust in the IQD, or worry of counterfeits. Who knows exactly, but, I stand by my theory that the articles have an ulterior motive. Which also does not confirm or deny a LOP, but are abundant to encourage the locals to use the IQD. To accept it as a form of payment, to not store it under the mattress, maybe even get them to put it in banks, etc. etc.

A lot of this is reasonable theories, but they are hard to argue. It appears that even those that speak Arabic are still left confused a little bit. I am sure speculation is amongst the people, and they're hoping for an increase. Who knows how this will play out, but we can hope for the best.

I like the angle of shabs building the private sector. Ive often thought that would be a good idea. I also wonder if Iraq economy has the substance to sustain a dollar =dinar rv scenario. My guess is they cannot if they are serious about rding. Or are they serious about the rd....

So you dont think that Saddam blowing all of their reserves on the Iraq/Iran war wasent him failing??

And then on top of that he just started printing excessive amounts of currency with the reserves gone.....I do agree that the sanctions did restrict what they could import, but if Saddam would have complied with the US and UN, (which is what we wanted from him, to be able to have some control over what he does) things wouldnt have gotten as bad as they did for their country....

I agree, he created massive debts during his hostility period with Iraq...but the hostilities ended in 1988, oil exports gradually increased with the construction of new pipelines and restoration of damaged facilities. Then there was Kuwait. But we have since removed Saddam and installed some common sense back into that country and hopefully peace in the near future.

So now, Iraq without Saddam is wealth, and that is what i'm talking about. Their economy can only go one way ==> NORTH (as in growth) They have the foundations and they have the products. .No doubts. And this is where Iraq is so different from Turkey. Turkey had so much uncertainties about their economy..even when they were removing their zeros.

Keep,

Congratulations on your new soon-to-be-arrival! That is so sweet. You will be the best dad, and rich too.

My best to your new son and mom.

Are you sure you want to do that?

Thank you. I just printed your comments out and pasted them on the refrigerator, bathroom mirror, computer screen, hung it on the key to the booze cabinet, and rear view mirror of the car. Oh, and I took a pen and wrote it on the palm of my hand.

So did I after I wrote it! Hahahahaah :D

Sonny,

If you think that Shabibi would allow the world to read deliberate lies about their plan to guide the Iraqi economy, totally trashing the credibility and causing potential investors to no longer see Iraq as a good investment, then there isn't much need for any discussion.

Do you even realize what would be the ramifications of the Central Bank of Iraq telegraphing to the whole world that may be considering investing there that everything they publish is a lie?

You seem to have an aversion to historical fact and proven examples, and a love for fairy dust.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not buying what you are selling.

I am waiting for you to help me understand, as you said you could.

I am as tired of the BS as anyone here, but I don't think it is coming from the same place that you do.

Who said Shabbi is a totally honest man? Do you think he would come out and state they were going to RV? What did the lying criminals in the Chinese government do? They stated they were not going to re-value their currency, and even run adds stating that, but the very next week they RV'd it. Shabbi could be a little dis-honest also about his intentions, and I personally believe he is. He's not God, nor is he a totally righteous man.

Keep! Hey man! How did I know you would be here after your long day fixin cars! LMAO

Your biggest tool on this sight! I was watchin soony1 call you out today and again tonight but you dont dare argue with him for your obvious fear of being booted off the sight again! Always stickin that big nose of yours in someone elses business. Always tryin to sooo hard to make me out to be a whiner cause I say. what so many others on here think! You all say tbe same crap everyday.

"educate yourself" "look at the M2" "look at inflation" "look what Turkey did" blah blah blah weve heard ut all 1000x times!

I understand exactly what Dalite and you and all your lopper bf's say. "shabs said it" "not me" Turkey and Iraq are not even close in comparison. You guys are soooo stinkin smart you cant get nothing past you! LMAO dude ive told your baby boy a$$ before....they will NEVER come out and tell you what their going to do!

Listen up youngster....no one has any factual knowlwdge of how this thing unfolds. BUT if I werw you or one of your bf's I wouldnt be waisting my time hear if I thought for one second it was guna LOP! Time is money youngster and this is tip for you since your guna be a daddy soon....dont waiste your time on something if your not gona profit from it...TIME IS $$$

And im not talking about peanuts liitle man!

What do you take so personally from Keep claiming there could be a lop of the 3 zeroes before any RV? You can tell how intelligent the person is on the other side of the computer. Look at your wall of text that does nothing but cheap shot. Keep has more respect than most on this website.

Please learn how to speak proper English.

After all, Keep realize (I think) that even after a possible RD/RV scenario, we could still make up to 3x our initial investment. That is a factor that could keep me interested in the Dinar for sure.

Go back to the nasty whole you came from. Your negativity is not wanted here.

find me one article of importance that was truthful coming out of iraq, will you at least agree that iraq lies more than okie, can you atleast do that?

yes i do think iraq would mislead on there intentions, there articles on this whole thing are so vague, translations are very poor at best, what are they going to say go out and buy our money its going to be worth a fortune...... answer....probably not. 

what happened to there debt, did david copperfield come in and make it disappear, you really have no clue what is standing there in front of us. this is so much bigger than you think, turkey had no one else involved, iraq has every major country involved, with debt freeing them, or saving them and freeing them. shabbs would never tip his hand, i knew it was a lie the first time saleh said rd.

RE:Debt

The Paris Club is an informal group of official creditors whose role is to find coordinated and sustainable solutions to the payment difficulties experienced by debtor countries. As debtor countries undertake reforms to stabilize and restore their macroeconomic and financial situation, Paris Club creditors provide an appropriate debt treatment. Paris Club creditors provide debt treatments to debtor countries in the form of rescheduling, which is debt relief by postponement or, in the case of concessional rescheduling, reduction in debt service obligations during a defined period (flow treatment) or as of a set date (stock treatment).

The origin of the Paris Club dates back to 1956 when Argentina agreed to meet its public creditors in Paris. Since then,  the Paris Club has reached 422 agreements with 88 different debtor countries. Since 1956, the debt treated in the framework of Paris Club agreements amounts to $ 553 billion.  Paris Club Website

Iraq is not the first nor will it be the last to enjoy large-scale international debt forgiveness.  This issue is a rather flimsy peg to base your beliefs.  It is right up there with "They have more Oil than Jed Clampett".

As far as truth in the Iraqi press goes, there are three main tribal factions within Iraq, (Sunni, Shite, Kurdish) as well as 2 news editions (morning and evening).  This leads to up to six versions of the same thing, from up to three perspectives.  The journalists are mostly aligned with their own agenda iand beliefs, and are very unskilled or uninterested in concealing Bias.

This is not a new phenomena. 

Nearly everything we read from the Iraqi media has been translated; most often by an online translator application.  There are many common tense issues that are hard to translate.  This leads to a lot of  issues where it does tale somewhat of a Leap  of faith, reinforced by multiple articles saying the same thing to harvest information.

There are folks on DV that read a number of languages, and have taken the time to translate to different languages and capture the true meaning.  It has been shared.

Others, like myself, can see the same incident reported a number of times, and harvest the root meaning to the point of eliminating much of the Bias, as well as many of the translational  differences.

That is one of the main reasons you seldom find me talking in Superlatives.  There is always room for missed translation, or meaning that is obscured by Bias.

If you chose to refer to this as lying, that is your option.  If you are fluent in Arabic languages, and able to read the original text, you are more qualified than I am to make that final determination.

Again, this is another very flimsy peg in which to base your future on, much less do any financial planning as a result of.

As far as warning of a Revaluation, there was never a problem created by the Iraqi media in revealing the details of the previous Revaluations that changed the exchange rate from near 4000;1, to the current 1170:1.

The CBI has been clear that the new denominations, if RD is approved, will show an increase by a factor of 1000' to 1.17:1.

That will be the largest RV to date, if the CBI prevails in that measure.

So far, there doesn't seem to be any rush by the rest of the world to buy up the remaining currency.

That is your option to base your entire beliefs on debt forgiveness and translation.

That, again, is why you seldom find me using absolutes, unless within a factual reference, and being very careful to try and preface the use of facts to qualify or quantify a future occurrence, with phrases like "If they RD", of "if approved", etc..

I have been dealing in abstract meaning too long to fall prey to most generalizations.  It is one of the most basic premises of Semantics.

Here is a possible solution to some of the issues faced on DV between our individual beliefs.:

If you will refrain from ridicule of those posting factual content to correct misconceptions, I will be less critical of you using wild generalizations, rather than fact, to make your points.

If it is easier to just say that Iraq is lying about everything that goes on there, than to try to analyze the issues, you are certainly not restricted by me from having that belief.

No matter what you offer as  criteria to arrive at a belief, you will never convince me that person, place or thing is less factual than Okie...

• Upvote 2

I agree, he created massive debts during his hostility period with Iraq...but the hostilities ended in 1988, oil exports gradually increased with the construction of new pipelines and restoration of damaged facilities. Then there was Kuwait. But we have since removed Saddam and installed some common sense back into that country and hopefully peace in the near future.

So now, Iraq without Saddam is wealth, and that is what i'm talking about. Their economy can only go one way ==> NORTH (as in growth) They have the foundations and they have the products. .No doubts. And this is where Iraq is so different from Turkey. Turkey had so much uncertainties about their economy..even when they were removing their zeros.

I agree. I've said this before but worth saying again. I think Iraq has the potential of becoming the Hong Kong of the Desert. And I think there are others which see it this way, too. But getting the ball rolling in the needed direction (which ever way that is) is a major challenge. . . because. . . there's no apparent handle to get a hold of.

it initially devalued when the rd'd, iraq cant take that hit at this time, shabbs has said they have a lot to learn from turkey, not that they were going to do a rd, i am talking shabbs not saleh. they said raise purchasing power, turkey's was devalued at first.....little things you have to look at ya know. lol

congrats on your soon to be new addition, hopefully the child doesnt look like you. lol.

Rahim notes that the Central Bank has fixed the exchange rate for the US dollar and that it is the only party that controls any increase or decrease in this rate, and he asks Al-Shibibi to confirm this.

Al-Shibibi confirms that this is true, “because managing the exchange rate mainly helps in curbing inflation. The system by which we determine the exchange rate is called ‘managed float system,’ which means that the price of the dinar is kept floating but is closely monitored so that it can be managed whenever a tangible change occurs.” He adds that this floating system is linked to the supply and demand for the US dollar, explaining that the Central Bank is obliged to guarantee 100 per cent of the demands by Iraqi banks for the US dollar; otherwise, they might buy it from other local sources at a cheaper price, resulting in the presence of more than one price, which is against the bank’s current policy. Asked whether the Central Bank has sufficient amounts of foreign currency to meet the market’s demand, Al-Shibibi says that the bank is obliged to meet the demand in full, adding: “We believe that our reserves are sufficient to meet such demand.” He explains that any request for foreign currencies that takes place in the currency auction is reviewed carefully before it is approved, requiring the Central Bank to always make foreign currencies available. He notes that the Central Bank receives requests for foreign currency in amounts ranging from 150 to 200 millions daily, [currency not specified], which means that it should be able to meet this demand. He explains that exchange rate fluctuation is more dangerous than any drop in the exchange rate.

So you dont think that Saddam blowing all of their reserves on the Iraq/Iran war wasent him failing??

And then on top of that he just started printing excessive amounts of currency with the reserves gone.....I do agree that the sanctions did restrict what they could import, but if Saddam would have complied with the US and UN, (which is what we wanted from him, to be able to have some control over what he does) things wouldnt have gotten as bad as they did for their country....

Correct, the economy was trashed prior to the UN slapping sanctions on Iraq. The sanctions were put in place to prevent Saddam from rebuilding any reserves.

What do you take so personally from Keep claiming there could be a lop of the 3 zeroes before any RV? You can tell how intelligent the person is on the other side of the computer. Look at your wall of text that does nothing but cheap shot. Keep has more respect than most on this website.

Please learn how to speak proper English.

After all, Keep realize (I think) that even after a possible RD/RV scenario, we could still make up to 3x our initial investment. That is a factor that could keep me interested in the Dinar for sure.

Go back to the nasty whole you came from. Your negativity is not wanted here.

Read the whole thread before you post young whipper snapper!

Now go back to your girlfriends family and ask them if you should stay invested.

• Downvote 1

I agree that their economy can go only up from here....that is certain....but they must still deal with all the after effects of suffering through those hyperinflation years that led to a devalued currency and a heavily inflated money supply....

The only talk I have seen of them dealing with that is by deleting the zeros (RD)....which we all don't want.....

If you look at the numbers and compare turkey and iraq, they are actually pulling in more revenue through exports then iraq is with oil....which is why they moved forward with removing the zeros....a lot of planning is involved when redenominating because if not done correctly it can damage the economy even worse....turkey understood this and changed their monetary policy to address the hyperinflation and they were quite stable right before they deleted the zeros and is why they are doing quite well today as a result of it....

• Downvote 1

Sonny,

If you think that Shabibi would allow the world to read deliberate lies about their plan to guide the Iraqi economy, totally trashing the credibility and causing potential investors to no longer see Iraq as a good investment, then there isn't much need for any discussion.

Do you even realize what would be the ramifications of the Central Bank of Iraq telegraphing to the whole world that may be considering investing there that everything they publish is a lie?

You seem to have an aversion to historical fact and proven examples, and a love for fairy dust.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not buying what you are selling.

I am waiting for you to help me understand, as you said you could.

I am as tired of the BS as anyone here, but I don't think it is coming from the same place that you do.

Dalite,

I just mentioned several examples of inconsistency from these articles that you put so much faith into. You say Shabs wouldn't do that, but don't you have even a little bit of suspicion when this "education campaign" is only confusing people? So the CBI is doing an "education campaign" and they are not even educated enough themselves to make sure that the articles they use are all undoubtedly understood? Someone earlier mentioned typos and translation again, but thats just simply not the case when you look at all the contradicting articles or statements that have been published.To assume Shabs wouldn't use "propaganda" to help the CBI is just that, an assumption. You don't know shabbs personally and now you are just putting faith into a man that works in the most corrupt system out there. That was actually an odd statement from you about shabbs wouldn't lie about anything. You don't seem like the type to put blind trust into another mans word that you don't know. Especially when he holds the key to the big money. All I am saying is this is the WORST put together education campaign by a supposedly professional institution. Makes me wonder just a little.

Edited by YourIntelSux
  • Upvote 2

Who said Shabbi is a totally honest man? Do you think he would come out and state they were going to RV? What did the lying criminals in the Chinese government do? They stated they were not going to re-value their currency, and even run adds stating that, but the very next week they RV'd it. Shabbi could be a little dis-honest also about his intentions, and I personally believe he is. He's not God, nor is he a totally righteous man.

Just to add to your post-what gov is totally honest in anything they say or do? I guess those that voted for hope and change can enlighten us.

• Upvote 1

Right! It's like he should stand up like a man so he can be knocked like a bowling pin.

CRASH!

Much of that situation has to do with our computer translations. Like with raising of three zeros. When you raise a house you tear it down.

Ahhh but when you raise a barn, the community gathers together and builds it up.

Oh my! GO AWAY!

Dude you are so pathetic with the constant reposting of the same old crap everyday! Seriously dont you have something better to do with your time! Stop waisting space on the site with the same nonsense.

Facts???? Seriously??? you thnk comparing Iraq to Turkey is facts??? Comon man! Turkey was NOT and is NOT occupied by the United States Military! This whole thng is ALOT bigger than the currency you argue about everyday proving your "facts"!!!

You know there are alot of men and women out their fighting and dying for their country everyday so that you have the right to st their behind your keyboard on your lazya$$ everyday cuttin paisting the same crap comparing Iraq to Turkey! Man get a freaking life! Start thinking outside the box a little and stop waisting everyones time with your same ridiculous tired old posts everyday! Show a little more respect to people and ther intelligence. We all can read we know what you think by now!

For goodness sake find a woman or maybe get a dog and name him clue......I dont know but just bring something different! Howabout you head over to the LOP section where you belong! :P

Oh, for Pete's sakes!! Don't tell him to find a woman!! No woman deserves that!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

One theory is the M0, M2 can be reduced because they are still part of the electro magnetic field. Simply construct a device to alter it. Montauk, philadelphia experiment type stuff. Im sure the lopsters have all the answers for that scenario too.

Dalite looks like he probably attempted to build a device to alter the emf back in the 70's, Mr. fn could get all the extra parts from acme, keepm looks like he would try to put it on a car, jmw would stand around and explain how it couldnt be done, blue orchid would criticize keepm for doing everything wrong and wink and smile, dinarck was put in time out for stirring the pot....would be entertaining to see.

Edited by Realdinar
  • Upvote 4

:D

One theory is the M0, M2 can be reduced because they are still part of the electro magnetic field. Simply construct a device to alter it. Montauk, philadelphia experiment type stuff. Im sure the lopsters have all the answers for that scenario too.

Dalite looks like he probably attempted to build a device to alter the emf back in the 70's, Mr. fn could get all the extra parts from acme, keepm looks like he would try to put it on a car, jmw would stand around and explain how it couldnt be done, blue orchid would criticize keepm for doing everything wrong and wink and smile, dinarck was put in time out for stirring the pot....would be entertaining to see.