Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Removing the zero's next month

cdb

removing the 3 zero's will not devalue the $

That's right. The intent is for the process to be value neutral. The buying power of the Dinar after removal of zero's will be the same as now. Only the denominations have changed (smaller). The part that we need to keep hoping for is still the RV subsequent to an RD if they actually go that route. I still feel like I have better odds in Vegas than trying to predict plans or timetables for these guys.

Peace

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the error, I ment $1,000 dinar exchanged for $1 dinar note. As far as Kuwait is concerned They are a extremely small nation with nowhere near the natural resources Iraq has. Also I do not believe they have 60 trillion in circulation. I have yet to see any proof of that. What you are stating I believe will not happen. Mainly because, Most investors are not going to cash in their investment even if they had to exchange it down $1000 for $1 If this were to occur. The 27 to 60 billion dinars would still mostly be in investors hands after exchange. So how can they still operate if most investors are holding on to the currency. Are they just going to keep printing even more currency to keep things going and then in 7 or so more years they RD again when their currency once again is stagnated by the volume of dinar in circulation. No No No, They will increase the value of the dinar before it's time to exchange.

Your right, they don't have 60 trillion in circulation....there is maybe only 25-30 trillionn.....and the majority of that is in country....we as speculators don't hold a large percentage of that so they can easily go about doing what they have for years.....

The 60 trillion is the total money supply but not all of that is currency in circulation.....if they RD it will put them right back to where they were when the value was over 3 bucks, meaning a much more manageable and less diluted and inflated money supply....you understand that the more you have of something, the less its worth....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Your right, they don't have 60 trillion in circulation....there is maybe only 25-30 trillionn.....and the majority of that is in country....we as speculators don't hold a large percentage of that so they can easily go about doing what they have for years.....

The 60 trillion is the total money supply but not all of that is currency in circulation.....if they RD it will put them right back to where they were when the value was over 3 bucks, meaning a much more manageable and less diluted and inflated money supply....you understand that the more you have of something, the less its worth....

VIDEO GAME EXPERT!!!!!! JP

Sorry for the error, I ment $1,000 dinar exchanged for $1 dinar note. As far as Kuwait is concerned They are a extremely small nation with nowhere near the natural resources Iraq has. Also I do not believe they have 60 trillion in circulation. I have yet to see any proof of that. What you are stating I believe will not happen. Mainly because, Most investors are not going to cash in their investment even if they had to exchange it down $1000 for $1 If this were to occur. The 27 to 60 billion dinars would still mostly be in investors hands after exchange. So how can they still operate if most investors are holding on to the currency. Are they just going to keep printing even more currency to keep things going and then in 7 or so more years they RD again when their currency once again is stagnated by the volume of dinar in circulation. No No No, They will increase the value of the dinar before it's time to exchange.

Considering that the IQD has always been pegged to either the GBP or USD since it was first introduced in the early 1930s, I doubt that you will see huge amounts of speculators holding onto the currency. Most currency traders that I have spoken to prefer to invest in the currencies that are market driven, not that are pegged by the central bank.

IF a redenomination does end up happening, people won't have the luxury of holding onto the currency for as long as they wish. There has always been a set time frame when the older currency would no longer be viewed as legal tender and would be demonetized.

You're right, Kuwait does have a much lower oil reserve than Iraq, by about half. But they also have about 1/20th the population, so Kuwait is in very good shape with oil vs. population.

In regards to the currency in circulation, it can be seen either HERE, or if you prefer a PDF format, the CBI has just released the 2010 annual bulletin, which is available HERE. In the XLS, look for the current M2 value, which is 60 trillion, and in the PDF you can find this information on page 44.

Also, with the 2010 Annual Report link, you can also see that if people were correct that the 000 notes had been removed from circulation in Iraq, there would be no way that they could conduct business. Check out page 19 in the PDF document HERE for a graphical representation of currency in circulation by denomination.

Edited by HopefulTxn

Also, with the 2010 Annual Report link, you can also see that if people were correct that the 000 notes had been removed from circulation in Iraq, there would be no way that they could conduct business. Check out page 19 in the PDF document HERE for a graphical representation of currency in circulation by denomination.

Awesome resource; thanks for posting that link.

That is a lot easier than working form the CBI Key Financials file.

FWIW, the confusion on the removal of the large notes was probably due to the articles from the CBI showing the level of completion for the plan to remove the zeros.

All of those progress reports ended when the plan was complete, but it seems that it was interpretted by many as the progress of removing the bills from circulation.

I shared that belief until I started directly addressing it to folks in Iraq, and paying more attention to the news and less to the rumors and chats.

Thanks again for the great link!

Keep, it has been stated many times that both curancies will exist side by side till all of the 000 have cleared thru the central bank. I believe that when a rate is established, let's say @ $3.00 our exchenge will be $3.00 x 25,000 NOT $3.00 x 25. I have seen nothing in print to make me believe otherwise!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Awesome resource; thanks for posting that link.

That is a lot easier than working form the CBI Key Financials file.

FWIW, the confusion on the removal of the large notes was probably due to the articles from the CBI showing the level of completion for the plan to remove the zeros.

All of those progress reports ended when the plan was complete, but it seems that it was interpretted by many as the progress of removing the bills from circulation.

I shared that belief until I started directly addressing it to folks in Iraq, and paying more attention to the news and less to the rumors and chats.

Thanks again for the great link!

That and the misrepresentation of the article that they put out many months ago about the removal of 70% reduction in excess liquidity from the monetary system that the 'gurus' spun into meaning that they had reduced the amount of currency in the monetary system by that much.

The problem is that they completely skipped over the part that reduction was immediately re-injected into the system in the form of loans and such to promote investment and such in the country. People were basically told only have the story, and now people take it like it is some sort of proven fact that the 000's were being removed.

WOW... Keep, t's obvious that you have not been following the Iraqi news these past few months!!

Shabibi (Gov. of CBI) in many past articles has revealed that "removing the 000's" is referring to the process of taking the 10k, 25k out of the public's hand. Shabibi has also made it clear that this will be a "slow process" and will take a couple years to accomplish. During this time, Shabibi states the "two currencies" (new lower denom's and existing large notes) will coexist. Shabibi has also stated that during this time "the dinar will once again have VALUE and will be powerful".

Folks, this IS a RV NOT a LOP as Keepmwlknfny keeps pushing out there as fact. I have been only been following REAL Iraqi news these past few months and NOT rumors or opinions. For those of you who know me, I keep it REAL and follow only REAL facts coming out of Iraq.

I digress...

GR

'Ghost Rider',

Good afternoon!

Excellent rendition and insight as to what will happen in the coming weeks! :D

Thank you,

GG

• Upvote 1

You have misconstrued what they have been talking about....removing the zeros has been talked about for years, they are replacing the currency....that is a RD....they have stated that and the fact that 1000 old dinar will equal 1 new.....that is a RD....they have stated they were using turkey as a template for this plan....that is a RD....where have you been? You sure you aren't reading okies news??

Yes they have stated raising the value of the dinar in these delete the zeros articles, and that's what happens when the RD process is complete and the old currency is deemed worthless....

I'm sorry that you are getting confused about this plan to delete the zeros but its not a straight up RV.....they have NEVER stated that they are just removing the 000 notes from circulation and nothing else, or that you will be able to trade your 25k note in for the equivilant in lower denoms....that also does not reduce the cash block like they have mentioned over and over....

I'm worried to even hear where you are getting your forum facts from.....

Whatever Keep why don't you just leave??? you obviously don't even have a purpose to be in this investment and don't even try to say your hoping for 3x the $1500 you put in and have been waiting 7 years for that measly return.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

WOW... Keep, t's obvious that you have not been following the Iraqi news these past few months!!

Shabibi (Gov. of CBI) in many past articles has revealed that "removing the 000's" is referring to the process of taking the 10k, 25k out of the public's hand. Shabibi has also made it clear that this will be a "slow process" and will take a couple years to accomplish. During this time, Shabibi states the "two currencies" (new lower denom's and existing large notes) will coexist. Shabibi has also stated that during this time "the dinar will once again have VALUE and will be powerful".

Folks, this IS a RV NOT a LOP as Keepmwlknfny keeps pushing out there as fact. I have been only been following REAL Iraqi news these past few months and NOT rumors or opinions. For those of you who know me, I keep it REAL and follow only REAL facts coming out of Iraq.

I digress...

GR

:twothumbs:

Whatever Keep why don't you just leave??? you obviously don't even have a purpose to be in this investment and don't even try to say your hoping for 3x the $1500 you put in and have been waiting 7 years for that measly return.

Why do you cry and whine so much over someones comments?? LOL Im here to make money just like you are......who doesnt like money?? That should be a no brainer for you to answer.....oh and by the way, I have only been here a bit over a year.......but thanks for asking!! LOL

• Downvote 3

http://www.iraq-busi...redenomination/

http://www.unc.edu/~...APSA%202005.pdf

Please read and educate yourself so that you dont confuse and misinform any other people....we have enough of that going on here in dinarland......this removing the zeros or redenominating is pretty straight forward on what it is.....its NOT good for us.....

Keep, I don't care if you are right or wrong, But given as young as i think you, are you have a very bright furture ahead of you........ Good luck buddy.............

It wont devalue it, its just considered a monetary illusion because it seems like you are losing money but the value and purchasing power is gained with the new bills....

Its actually a neutral event.....what your 25k note used to be able to buy, a new 25 note will be able to buy.....you will be able to use both in the marketplace for sometime until they deem the bills we hold now worthless...

Removing the zeros is NOT what we want!!! Removing, deleting, raising the zeros is a redenomination or lop as many peope like to call it.....no bueno for us....

keepmwlknfny, please do us a favor, take some time out and do not get out of it until it RVs, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Keep, it has been stated many times that both curancies will exist side by side till all of the 000 have cleared thru the central bank. I believe that when a rate is established, let's say @ $3.00 our exchenge will be $3.00 x 25,000 NOT $3.00 x 25. I have seen nothing in print to make me believe otherwise!!!!!

You are correct, it has been stated numerous times over about both co-existing till all the old currency is collected.......which is what usually happens in a RD.....if they truely are planning on a RD, we probly wont hear all the juicy details until the plan is actually voted on and passed in the parliment which has yet to be done, but after that is probly when we would hear alot more on the subject on what exactly they plan on doing and you can bet if we hear about two different currency codes then we are in trouble!!

Could they be lying to us about their intentions? Of course....I sure hope they are.....All Im doing is repeating what the CBI is saying they will do.....Im not here telling everyone this is exactly whats going to happen and we are all screwed lol....I dont know what they plan on doing, but I can pretty much figure out what will happen IF they do decide to RD....history repeats itself over and over and there are plently of examples to learn from.....

I just pray that Maliki and his pals do put their foot down against changing the currency and removing the zeros.....

keepmwlknfny, please do us a favor, take some time out and do not get out of it until it RVs, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Im not getting out until this ride is over lol....too much to still be decided and Im hoping to see some magic!! LOL.....but now why would I take some time out?? I might miss something informative....

• Downvote 2

I spoke with one of the Locals that works here on base today, as he was counting his Dinar. I jokingly said "What you got there about 3 dollars?" He laughed and said next month it will be more. I asked what he meant and he said that on the news it is being said that sometime next month the CBI will be removing the 3 zeroes. He wasn't sure what the new value of a Dinar would be, just that they are planning on removing the 000's next month.

This may all be over soon..........

horse doodle. what kind of dumb rumor is that. it's like my friend who works for us treasury telling my the national debt will be pay off next month. what farce.

Edited by rv_hunting
  • Upvote 1

This is a speculative event.... Nobody is right at the moment, "Nobody...." Anyone that claims they are 100% correct, is lying.

KeepM is pretty much right.. If we see articles stating 2 separate exchange rates or a new currency symbol, it would seem we are in trouble. Luckily, we have "yet" to see that, so speculation continues.

We can formulate opinions and theories, based upon information we find, read, or analyze.

Here are some questions we may want to ask ourselves...

Why are these (R/D) articles so abundant?

Why have the (R/D) articles become exposed more frequently over time?

When they say "soon" why does it seem forever?

Why is the message rather cryptic, even for those that speak the language fluently?

Why do so many articles, contradict each other?

Nothing seems to be written in stone as of yet. This can play out in many different ways. Anything from losing out entirely, to making huge profits, and anything in between.

Some of IQD-researchers, that I respect, (I would call them GURUs but that seems to be a negative connotation) analyze a lot of information. A lof of official documentation, high-respected published articles, and government files. The information they process is very lengthy, and some of them read that information over and over a few times, looking for key information. They take the most complex information, display it to us, and let us interpret our own conclusion. They offer no dates, no rates, and so forth. They want us to draw our own conclusion to see if what we derive is similar to their thoughts & opinions.

I could sit here & spew my opinions all day... But they are just that, opinions, which may or may not be on the right track for what is really happening. We may find out in time, or we may never know. Unless we continue to study this... I try to take all media articles with a grain of salt, regardless of the media they may tend to be a little biased.

History has shown R/D (revenue-neutral) events, have happened many times. In some regions or countries, they've happened a couple times. Even countries with two-zeros have gone through a R/D (revenue-neutral) event. They've happened with high inflation and hyper-inflation. They've happen during high inflation, after inflation was brought down, and after an extended duration of low inflation. I would provide a lengthy document discussing this, but, the link is on a different PC.

We all know and or likely may agree that Iraq is unique. They're full of potential through crude, natural gas, and other natural resources. They have a decent size population of people & may wish to enter a free-market society. Crude won't exist or be a necessity forever. They're population is likely to increase at a fast pace. They look to the west, and want things that we have (Big-screens, smart phones, etc.)...

We may not know their future, but it does appear bright for them. Will we all personally benefit? Maybe..... Maybe not...

There are many factor(s) to consider. Do they have an affect, or no affect?

Examples include:

Monitoring the amount of crude pumped (Remember, Kuwait gets 5% off the top... And an accurate reading may provide benefits to the foreign investors)

A census.... Who lives where, and who do they represent? How does it factor into regions, politics, and religions?

Mining Expo in london... 7-year study, I bet they have a lot of intriguing information. Looksl ike they're going to offer bidding on contracts. (Takes place in Sept. 2011)

Tariffs - are they fully implemented yet?

Domestic projects.... I think they've allocated a tremendous amount of funds to re-build the housing sector.

Electricity - May be necessary to properly provide energy to houses & businesses. How will an ATM work w/o current?

Security - When will people feel safe?

Stability - Is the political fiascos just basically a cover, or do they really get along?

Foreign influences.... - How does that factor in?

That region is a honey pot.. And many people want to put their hand in the pot..

Things can change in a hurry... But, all we can do is keep reading and hopefully make some sense of their decisions.

• Upvote 1

I wonderif a color blind person's perception of reality differs from one who is not color blind. If that color blind person sees blue as green, is that a true reality of that color? Or if a person who is not color blind sees blue as blue, does that make that more of a reality than that of the person who is color blind and sees blue as green? Both above realities are correct, since neither one could not possibly see anything other than what they have seen.

If one perceives 1 = 1000 and a person interprets that reality to mean 1= 1000 = 1000, how could this possibly be? (“Some people form and cling to false beliefs about beliefs despite overwhelming evidence thanks to a mental phenomenon called motivated reasoning”, says sociologist Steve Hoffman). Or should a person use alittle math to see if what one perceives has any bearing on reality that is seen? “…one new dinar equal to 1,000 current dinars”. What does the sentence mean? 1=1000, how can 1 equal 1000; they both express the value 1 is a 1 and 1000 now equals a 1.

Why people believe big lies:

Yes there is an art to lying, would you believe a drunkard, a person with a trenchcoat selling Rolex watches hidden on the inside of the coat, a 13 year old kid…probably not. But some might believe Wall Street, The Federal Reserve and our government;they all dress well, highly educated, neatly dressed and very articulate in selling a truth only the insipid would not believe. Like selling a debt instrument as an asset rated AAA by an agency by their own admission just gives opinions on their ratings of that debt instrument.

“…in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.”

- Adolf Hitler , Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch. X.

So what does this have to do with the Dinar? If I can think of this or read Mein Kampf, so have others and once you understand this, that others know what you know or have read what you have read. The branches of thought like on a tree can become confusing at best; if it is an RD or RV or RD with RV or if alop is a real word or if a pumper is a dumper or if 1=1000 turns into 1000 or will the Illuminati get us in the middle of the night or did the U.S. really land on the moon. Confusion misdirection and lies are a very good way to hide the truth from all of us. So at best we will all wait…for me, I think I will go for walk and see what I can see.

• Upvote 1