Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Pic of NID Coins

thatoneguy

I was browsing Ebay, and found this:

My link

The link directly to pic won't work. The denoms are 25, 50, and 100.

And the seller info... 100% feedback. Seller is advertising as NEW IRAQI DINAR.

I can't get the links to work, so have a go at searching ebay for these

By the way, I'm not pumping. Just questioning what i found. Chao.

Those are the 25, 50 and 100 dinar coins that were originally put out in 2004. They were removed from circulation after a short time.

There was also an article last June (2010) that the CBI sold the entire lot of coins for scrap metal.

Anyone interested in purchasing the dinar coins, for anything other than a novelty item, should probably check with a bank in Iraq and verify that they are still legal tender.

Those are the 25, 50 and 100 dinar coins that were originally put out in 2004. They were removed from circulation after a short time.

There was also an article last June (2010) that the CBI sold the entire lot of coins for scrap metal.

Anyone interested in purchasing the dinar coins, for anything other than a novelty item, should probably check with a bank in Iraq and verify that they are still legal tender.

Apparently not the ENTIRE lot of coins, since there are denoms being sold on ebay. I guess just wishful thinking. But where there is smoke, there is fire... And mirrors.

Soon after they released the coins on 03,thieves broke into the CBI an stole a lot of the 50 denom coins,so the CBI declared them "null and void",thereby prohibiting them from being spent. Later,the Iraqi people almost refused to use the coins and some idiot had then melted down for the minerals in them.So,they are in circulation-I own 6 of the 100's.

I just sent an email to the CBI questioning if these had value or not. IF I am fortunate enough to get a reply, i'll share it accordingly. I asked if these coins were able to purchase items, and if not now, will they be in the future. I was hoping to get some "intel" in hopes that maybe Shabs would personally respond. HA! Fat chance.

• Upvote 1

Apparently not the ENTIRE lot of coins, since there are denoms being sold on ebay. I guess just wishful thinking. But where there is smoke, there is fire... And mirrors.

I guess I should have worded it easier understanding for some - the entire amount of coins that the CBI collected from their withdrawal from circulation was sold in June 2010 for scrap metal.

Pardon me but where is the english. Is this only on the paper currency? BTW, those coins are plain, not one I would collect. :(

I have looked at the images from both paper notes and coins of Iraq from when they first started with their own currency in the early 1930's. I have yet to see a coin with any english inscribed on it. There may be one, I just haven't seen it. I do believe there were some that were issued through Kurdistan that had a limited amount of english on them, but have simply not seen any from the National Bank of Iraq/Central Bank of Iraq.