Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Waren Buffet buying BOA could it be related to IQD RV

Eagle007

I am not a big poster here but as I watched the new last night and saw that Warren Buffet bought a big share of BOA I immediately wondered if he did this because BOA was heavely invested in the IQD and this would send BOA thru the roof if the IQD ever RV's . Anybody else have an opinion or am I just reading into my own hopes?

Eagle007

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Warren Buffet has the $$$$$$$$$$$$ and BOA needs it. They are on their way down the drain unless a superbig rescue happens. Same for some of the other banks who are corrupt. It is my hope and expectation that Warren Buffet clean house and prosecute any and all banksters.

I would be cautious about putting any amount of your RV'd $$$ into any one of the banks that participated in the bailouts. They didn't use the money for what they said they would and they haven't paid it back. Yet all their bankster friends are benefiting.

Namaste!

• Upvote 2

Warren Buffet has the $$$$$$$$$$$$ and BOA needs it. They are on their way down the drain unless a superbig rescue happens. Same for some of the other banks who are corrupt. It is my hope and expectation that Warren Buffet clean house and prosecute any and all banksters.

I would be cautious about putting any amount of your RV'd $$$ into any one of the banks that participated in the bailouts. They didn't use the money for what they said they would and they haven't paid it back. Yet all their bankster friends are benefiting.

Namaste!

Hell will freeze over before WB cleans house and prosecutes his banker friends. Despite his casual image and hamburger diet he is an insider thru and thru.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Warren Buffet's purchase of preferred stock in BOA had nothing to do with a possible revaluation of the IQD. It had everything to do with the facts that Berkshire Hathaway is going to receive a 6% annual dividend from the shares and there is no way the U.S. government will allow Bank of America to fail. On top of this, there is long term capital appreciation potential with the BAC shares. Buffet probably viewed the investment as a win-win, he is good at those.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am not a big poster here but as I watched the new last night and saw that Warren Buffet bought a big share of BOA I immediately wondered if he did this because BOA was heavely invested in the IQD and this would send BOA thru the roof if the IQD ever RV's . Anybody else have an opinion or am I just reading into my own hopes?

Eagle007

OhHe knows a good investment alright considering the last time I looked the boa shares were at 6.00 and chang. Buy low sell high.

Eagle007

Yep, that makes perfect sense. In the same way that the hurricane heading for the East Coast was conjured up by Shabs himself as a way to run interference and then hit the RV button while nobody is watching. And the 3 grand slams the Yankees hit last night were part of a grand plan concocted by Obama to temporarily offset the economice woes this country is facing before the Federal Reserve can go ahead and approve the IQD because the Steinbrenner brothers have now given their approval. Also, the NFL season is about to kick off thus granting the UN the means to release Iraq from Chapter 7 restrictions which can pave the way towards an RV on the opening kickoff of the 2011 NFL season.

All of these things are directly related to the upcoming RV.

• Upvote 2

Warren Buffett's $5Billion is a drop in the bucket to what BOA is on the hook for in derivatives. And frankly, even the US Treasury doesn't have enough money to keep BOA afloat if the economy goes to he!! in a handbasket. And personally, though the RV will give all the national banks a big capital boost, it won't mean squat compared to their potential liabilities. This is one case where I think Warren should have had a V8! He's obviously making a small pile right now, and a much bigger one with the RV, but in the long run, I wouldn't be in this position at all. JMO. He's got a lot better record than I ever will, but....... :blink:

Warren Buffet buying BOA had nothing to do with the IQD. It had everything to do with bailing out BOA, which is involved in some MAJOR litigation for fraud within its mortgage and loan department by the insurance industry. This litigation has caused their stock to tank, and with Buffet buying it, it caused the stocks to increase.

Warren Buffet lent his name to BofA. i bought BofA when it was @ 6.55 and then it went even lower and i was sweating. Then Buffet made his announcement and just like that, i was sitting pretty. To those of us that invest, we know that Buffet did the same thing to Goldman Sachs during the first downturn and the shares did a bump and then slide another 30% before rebounding. What he did probably had nothing to do with the RV. He lent the Buffet brand to BofA in a time when it really needed it. He bought in when it was dirt cheap and unless the whole world implodes, BofA isn't going anywhere. He will make money on the sell on the back side, but he also has an exercise option to purchase BofA stock for the next 10 years at his present strike price, plus any dividends that are paid out. He really couldn't lose. P.S. BofA is currently trading at around a 80% to 90% discount, it's a long position no brainer. i'm just happy cause i actually directly benefited from it! :D

Edited by phazedoubt
  • Upvote 2

Namaste!

I would not agree with you more! I wouldn't give BoA, or any of the others, a dime of my money.

Namaste'

Despite what people think they know, the banks did pay back tarp money. And It isn't the big banks that own most of these loans. They simply service fannie and freddies ****. So what does that mean? You, the tax payers own them since 2008. However b of a bought countrywide and a few of the smaller scam shops. Which portfolied a majority of their loans. Buffet will gut it like a pig, any friendly wagers?