Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

there still is hope the US holds Dinar

tim5400

I don't think that the NID was printed & released at that moment.

The release of the USD was to help prop up the economy, and keep it running...

It was all old regime $ anyways, that was previously in a frozen fund..

It could have been printed in 2003 for release in 2004 , And the money we sent them was WAY more then the old regime $ s as the story goes

It could have been printed in 2003 for release in 2004 , And the money we sent them was WAY more then the old regime $ s as the story goes

I think they had intentions to fly in the USD prior to the invasion.

The invasion happened in about.. March 2003

Discussions with De La Rue happened or started in August or Oct. (Like 6 months or so after the invasion)

The money was introduced a few months after that.

You can read about it from the De La Rue website & cross-reference dates w/ Wikipedia...

The exchange started 1:1 Old Notes for New Notes

Than they allowed Swiss dinars along w/ USD after a few weeks or so.

• Upvote 1

Would it really matter?....if they US holds trillions of IQD....who is going to pay them?...Iraq can't cover even a small RV if we hold a significant amount of IQD....they can't use oil as they only bring in about 90 billion US per year of oil revenue and need this money to run their country...it can't just appear out of thin air...they can't keep their electricity on...they aren't going to save us.

One theory, the dinar is used to purchase oil. Instead of dollars, it would have a dollar amount. I don't see a US official strolling into a bank with trillions of dinar asking for USD. It has world wide value, and unlike us consumers, they have multi-currncy markets to purchase goods in.

notice on the second chart down on your link .. how thay stopped entering info on the first of july .. right after they inherited 250 billion dollars from dfi fund .. thats over ..250 trillion dinars worth of dollars

you would think they would be proud to list that foriegn currency deposit of 250 billion dollars.. but they are like 7 weeks and no info .. somethings up .. they be selling dollars and collecting dinars to dump

I have searched and searched but I can't find anything to verify that there is $250 billion in the DFI fund...can you or anyone else help me locate what the balance is?

I have searched and searched but I can't find anything to verify that there is $250 billion in the DFI fund...can you or anyone else help me locate what the balance is?

There were articles out there that have stated it to be equal to $250 billion.

But, I don't really trust any of the articles, really.

One would have to imagine that there was $ in the funds, but how much?

Where did they go?

I don't think anyone has really found that information yet. Unless that information hasn't updated on any of the financial spreadsheets we generally view.

• Upvote 1

like i said its not updated .. i see other catagorys are updated through the month of july .. but foriegn currency deposits are not .. .. june 30 they got their dfi funds .. no update since .. the cbi is who handles all the govts financial transactions .. si im wondering .. someone else said this is typical of cbi .. ..but like i said you would think they would be proud to list this .. im hoping they use this money to increase the value of the dinar through the digital banking process .. and increase the value by about 3 trillion

like i said its not updated .. i see other catagorys are updated through the month of july .. but foriegn currency deposits are not .. .. june 30 they got their dfi funds .. no update since .. the cbi is who handles all the govts financial transactions .. si im wondering .. someone else said this is typical of cbi .. ..but like i said you would think they would be proud to list this .. im hoping they use this money to increase the value of the dinar through the digital banking process .. and increase the value by about 3 trillion

I get that it isn't updated...just curious where the 250 billion comes from...from what I can find it is more of a dinar site myth...can't find any articles that even mention that amount in conjunction with the DFI fund...was hoping someone could provide one.

I get that it isn't updated...just curious where the 250 billion comes from...from what I can find it is more of a dinar site myth...can't find any articles that even mention that amount in conjunction with the DFI fund...was hoping someone could provide one.

Well, some people have made quite the claim that the DFI was more like a checking account. Oil revenues that were only dispersed through transparency.

So, the likelihood of the DFI to have an abundance of funds is unlikely. However, a lot of the old regime funds were frozen, and other assets were frozen. I think those tied into it as well.

And I am sure that all got transferred to the US Treasury account that was created. Which may not reflect on the CBI.

Maybe they're using it as like a stabilization fund, so to speak.

Who knows, but, I know most are still digging.

• Upvote 1

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.ipairaq.com/index.php%3Fname%3Dinner%26t%3Deconomy%26id%3D40435

Well, some people have made quite the claim that the DFI was more like a checking account. Oil revenues that were only dispersed through transparency.

So, the likelihood of the DFI to have an abundance of funds is unlikely. However, a lot of the old regime funds were frozen, and other assets were frozen. I think those tied into it as well.

And I am sure that all got transferred to the US Treasury account that was created. Which may not reflect on the CBI.

Maybe they're using it as like a stabilization fund, so to speak.

Who knows, but, I know most are still digging.

I would agree...I would think that they would have returned the funds by now...but who knows....but it would have to be a really really big number to have a big impact on their exchange value.

Thanks ashtray...it will be interesting to see how they account for it or who it goes to...sounds like it goes to the GOI and not the CBI.

if you go to cbi web site this is posted

The Central Bank of Iraq (Arabic: البنك المركزي العراقي) was established as Iraq's independent central bank by the Central Bank of Iraq Law of March 6, 2004

The bank is in charge of:

■Maintaining price stability

■Implementing monetary policy (including exchange rate policies)

■Managing foreign reserves

■Issuing and managing the currency

■Regulating the banking sector for promoting a competitive and stable financial system

notice managing foriegn reserves .. they are the ones who issue currency

Found this about the amount of funds in the DFI....only shows through December of 2010 but at that time they only had about 10 billion....so there is no way that it was up to 250 billion when it was transferred to Iraq.

http://www.cofe-iq.net/pages/e_about.htm

http://www.cofe-iq.net/DFI/dfi_cashflow2010.pdf

ty i was definatly under the assumption that 250 billion dollars was released on june 30 2011 . these funds was why many felt there would be a rv at end of june .. the articles im reading now about this is .. that 250 billion was acumulated over 8 years .. but i see that most of it has already been spent for on going govt affairs .. that is a major set back i my head ..

Edited by ashtray