Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

***Jackson Hole Economic policy sypnosis**

easyrider

The Facts: 2011 Jackson Hole Economic Policy Symposium

The key event in central banking, and certainly the mind of the markets, for this week will be Ben Bernanke’s “Jackson Hole speech” scheduled to take place Friday the 26th of August at 10am ET.

The regular event is where US Federal Reserve Chairman, Ben Bernanke, in 2010 introduced the idea of a second round of quantitative easing (aka QE2). Naturally this has driven a lot of speculation about what he may say this time; certainly if nothing else, it will provide an insight into what the FOMC (Federal Open Market Committee) is thinking about the US economy, and how it is factoring that into its policy making.

Listed below are some of the key facts that have been released on the 2011 symposium so far LINK:

• What: Economic Policy Symposium
  • Where: Jackson Lake Lodge, Jackson Hole, Wyoming, USA
  • When: Ben Bernanke will speak at 10am ET on Friday the 26th of August (the Symposium runs from 25th-27th of August)
  • Who is attending: Central Bankers, Finance Ministers, Academics, Financial Market Participants (see 2010 attendance list)
  • What is the theme: The theme has not been released yet, there will likely be due emphasis on sovereign debt and alternative policy tools
  • When is the next FOMC meeting: 20 September 2011 (the 9th of August FOMC meeting minutes are scheduled for release on the 30th of August)

The History of Jackson Hole:

“Each year since 1978, the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City has sponsored a symposium on an important economic issue facing the U.S. and world economies. Symposium participants include prominent central bankers, finance ministers, academics, and financial market participants from around the world. The participants convene to discuss the economic issues, implications, and policy options pertaining to the symposium topic. The symposium proceedings include papers, commentary, and discussion.”

http://www.kansascityfed.org/publications/research/escp/jackson-hole-info.cfm

• Upvote 2

I see that ths Central Bank is there!

Sinan Alshabibi

Governor and Chairman

Central Bank of Iraq

O yes, he will be attending his interview aired last year when i watched it. i'll try to find the video.

never mind i found it lol.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4321880/iraq-central-bank-gov-hopeful-on-economy/

Edited by easyrider

just curious as to how these meetings ever help the worlds people from a real economic stand point...the participants are all from the same clone pattern for the most part ...the real agenda is how to keep the self-serving agenda going in the right direction for the elites...if real concern was indeed the world's economy with working people, starving people and sick people the important concern then... IMHO...the money those people control could eliminate the majority of the world's problems in a heartbeat...just my worthless opinion :angry:

• Upvote 3

just curious as to how these meetings ever help the worlds people from a real economic stand point...the participants are all from the same clone pattern for the most part ...the real agenda is how to keep the self-serving agenda going in the right direction for the elites...if real concern was indeed the world's economy with working people, starving people and sick people the important concern then... IMHO...the money those people control could eliminate the majority of the world's problems in a heartbeat...just my worthless opinion :angry:

While they are there it gives the non-corrupt an opportunity to make the important announcements needed to get nesara launched! Lets hope they capitalize this time.

• Upvote 1

I see that ths Central Bank is there!

Sinan Alshabibi

Governor and Chairman

Central Bank of Iraq

This was the 2010 attendance list.

Will he attend this year I wonder?

I looked around the fed website didnt see the 2011 list

Edited by estephan

Don't sell your oppinion so short. You know it's the truth. They're no more concerned about the poor, the sick or the working mass than the man in the moon! OOhh was that cynical? It was meant to be. Reality bit..... <_<

• Upvote 1

The world's central bankers in all in one place... Hmmm...

What would really help is if Jim Jones showed up and they all drank some kool aid together...

No Kidding! And Jackson' Hole of all places???? The world financiers meeting at wild west cow town Jackson Hole??? Somethin's afoot.

Perhaps we should make a quickie visit!!!

Namaste!

No Kidding! And Jackson' Hole of all places???? The world financiers meeting at wild west cow town Jackson Hole??? Somethin's afoot.

Perhaps we should make a quickie visit!!!

Namaste!

Jackson Hole is more than a cow town, it is one of the most prestigious areas for skiing, fishing hunting, mountain climbing, biking, river rafting and not to mention the breathtaking beauty of the Tetons. If you want to kick up your heels and party cowboy style, downtown Jackson Hole at the cowboy bar is the ticket. You don't even have to drive, everything is in walking distance.

The population is not large but the billionaires that reside there is quite large. It is one of the most expensive area's in Wyoming to live. It is said, the millionaires could not afford living there once the billionaires moved in.

And of course we all know who lives there......I am not talking about Harrison Ford either.

Jackson Hole is more than a cow town, it is one of the most prestigious areas for skiing, fishing hunting, mountain climbing, biking, river rafting and not to mention the breathtaking beauty of the Tetons. If you want to kick up your heels and party cowboy style, downtown Jackson Hole at the cowboy bar is the ticket. You don't even have to drive, everything is in walking distance.

The population is not large but the billionaires that reside there is quite large. It is one of the most expensive area's in Wyoming to live. It is said, the millionaires could not afford living there once the billionaires moved in.

And of course we all know who lives there......I am not talking about Harrison Ford either.

Don't get me wrong Zigmeister - I'm a cow town Coloradoan and I will kick it up with you in Jackson Hole anytime! (and from what you tell me sounds like I need to venture over there! :) I'm just wondering WHY Jackson Hole as opposed to Brussels, or Paris or Amsterdam?

I heard Warren Buffet lives in Nebraska.............

Namaste!

Don't get me wrong Zigmeister - I'm a cow town Coloradoan and I will kick it up with you in Jackson Hole anytime! (and from what you tell me sounds like I need to venture over there! :) I'm just wondering WHY Jackson Hole as opposed to Brussels, or Paris or Amsterdam?

Namaste!

I really do not know why Jackson Hole, it is prestigious, and just a hip hop you are in Yellowstone National park. It is also very low key, a place to relax and enjoy.

Namaste!

I Knew it! I am willing to bet you work for Core Power too.

I Knew it! I am willing to bet you work for Core Power too.

Spud are you pickin on me again??? :blush: Am I gonna have to put my cowboy boots on an come over there and set you straight??? :o When you say Core Power do you mean Core Power Yoga??? :P

The Jackson Hole symposium has been hosted annually since 1978 by the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/289342-jackson-hole-you-can-t-always-get-what-you-want

Personally, I'm hoping Shabs has a nice PowerPoint presentation on Wednesday - "Ok - here is how we are going to RV - Oh and this is going to be on Thursday - yeah - ."

The Jackson Hole symposium has been hosted annually since 1978 by the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/289342-jackson-hole-you-can-t-always-get-what-you-want

Personally, I'm hoping Shabs has a nice PowerPoint presentation on Wednesday - "Ok - here is how we are going to RV - Oh and this is going to be on Thursday - yeah - ."

Is he going to be there?