Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq's Sadr warns of 'war' if US presence extended

k98nights

I like this point of view.

Muqtada Al Sadr’s Latest Ploy Gives U.S. an Opening in Iraq

Thanks, Mookie!

Once again, Muqtada al Sadr may help the United States ****** success from the jaws of defeat in Iraq.

Iraqi prime minister Nouri al Maliki’s announcement that he will “meet with Iraqi political leaders by the end of the month to get their opinions on whether some U.S troops should remain in the country after December” shows, by Iraqi standards, remarkable foresight and advanced planning. Normally, major Iraqi political negotiations begin at the eleventh hour and last well beyond any deadline.

While it’s a fool’s game to try to predict an outcome, there is one fact which binds Maliki’s “mainstream” Shiites, Iyad Alawi’s Sunni bloc, and the Kurdish factions together: fear and loathing of the rabble-rousing Sadr. Upon returning from several years of “self-imposed” exile in Iran – which the “firebrand” cleric chose after two uprisings by his Mahdi Army militia were badly defeated – Sadr declared, “We are still fighters,” and has threatened attacks if U.S. forces remain in Iraq past 2011. In April, Sadrists took to the streets in Baghdad and Najaf. Sadr also improved his standing by ostentatiously devoting himself to acquiring greater religious authority by studying, during his exile, at Qom. And Sadr seems to have bettered his relations with Iraq’s leading cleric Grand Ayatollah Ali al Sistani, though by how much is difficult to measur

While other Iraqi factions would, in the abstract, also be happy minimizing American military presence, they have no interest in sharing power with Sadr or adopting any of his populist measures for distributing oil revenues. Indeed, the ability of Iraq to attract investment to rebuild its energy economy is inversely proportional to Sadr’s political power. Additionally, Sadr’s ties with Iran don’t make him more attractive to Maliki, Alawi, or the Kurds. These parties have plenty to squabble over without Sadr’s help.

Thus it’s pretty useful to have the United States around to do the dirty work, such as a recent raid Sadrist headquarters in Diyala Province. It will be interesting to see whether the records seized provide evidence of activity in the region by operatives of Iranian Republican Guard Corps.

Sadr’s ambitions also provide an opportunity to the Obama administration, though it’s not clear that they’re in the mood to exploit it, even after pulling off the successful bin Laden raid. But Sadr could put them back in business.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/muqtada-al-sadr-s-latest-ploy-gives-us-opening-iraq_560944.html

• Upvote 1

So glad to hear from you Doc

Wonder how much is propaganda? Where would we be without a good war to make money? I don't like to use the word hate but I hate war......

Doc do you think we are any closer? My friend tells me as long as Iraq uses the dollar there is no need for an RV.....

Dame

Yeah that freak that keeps threatening to leave if he don't get his position. He will surely start some s#!t. It is definitely a different culture. He wants the power and he is probably behind some of the crap now.

Oh my :huh: don't get me started. I just couldn't help it.

The few followers he does have would try to avenge his death. Looks like they don't want to stir a tiny bees nest, at least not yet... Too much instability as it is. The focus now is restructure and keep new businesses investing.

To make it clean, I recommend using one of the lab created viruses that is unable to spread so it looks like a natural death.

I'm just wondering where are the SpecOps and or BlackOps CIA assests to render this individual useless???

GG

One way to catch a Marlin is to slow troll a football size tuna. Normally, that tuna would be perfect for sashimi but the goal is to catch a larger dinner. Sadr believes what he is saying but he has not the political bank or bullets to kick his thoughts and passions into play. His followers spring up in the night under the watchful eyes of our Intel communities who are playing him for the ‘bites’. Doesn’t matter that the ‘big fish’ is never landed, the goal is to tag, identify and redirect. Kinda like simmering the sauce or feathering the clutch; it’s a balancing act with subtle movement toward stabilization.

There won’t be a War; the War in the Middle East is over. This is not to say danger does not exist or that our soldiers can walk the streets without a care in the world. Diligence is still required, however, the spoils are already being divided; the Russians are in Wasit Province building a 1,000 man labor camp for the Badrah oil fields four clicks from the Iran border.

The Chinese are also inking deals and the GOI is structuring a special cabinet to manage the developing petroleum industry:

“The Iraqi government has decided on 2 September / her consent to conclude a contract development and production of humpback oil field between the North Oil Company and a Chinese company is the first service contracts for a period of twenty years it is hoped that the financial proceeds of up to $ 63 billion annually."

And,

"The text of the Iraqi constitution, the formation of the Federal Oil, headed by Prime Minister or his deputy, under his chairmanship and membership includes both of the Ministers of Oil, Finance, Planning and Development Cooperation in the federal government and the Iraqi Central Bank Governor and a representative from each province, a minister and a representative from each province produced is regularly in the province and the chief executives of major oil corporations with the relationship and by including the national oil company of Iraq and the oil marketing company specialized experts affairs of the oil and gas, finance and economy, not more than three are appointed for a maximum of five years by the Council of Ministers.” http://www.aknews.com/ar/aknews/2/253194/

France and Kuwait have entered (2010) into a 20-year agreement as the first step to developing nuclear energy in Kuwait for peaceful purposes such as providing electricity and water desalination. http://www.arabianbusiness.com/kuwait-set-sign-nuclear-cooperation-with-france-9704.html

A South Korean consortium won a $40bn deal to build and operate four nuclear reactors for the UAE, beating US and French rivals to one of the Middle East's biggest ever energy contracts: "Under the deal announced on Sunday, (Dec 27, 2009) the first nuclear plant in the Gulf Arab region is scheduled to start supplying power to the UAE grid in 2017."

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/south-korean-group-wins-40bn-uae-nuclear-deal-27581.html

Stabilization and education is the name of the game and the international community is illustrating to Iraq (&Iran) that cooperation and cultural compromise leads to stability, peace and wealth. There may be flare-ups but there won’t be a war by pure definition of the word and concept.

Considering ALL of the geopolitcal events in the ME and that the region is, for all intents and purposes, a land bridge between continents it stands to reason that the Dinar must appreciate considerably. The mechanism of how that is to be accomplished can best be described by those who understand the nuances of fractional banking and the redomination/revaluation hybred. I'll leave that bone for the experts.

All of the opining above is, of course, of my own making. No apology for the analogies. B)

Iraq's Sadr warns of 'war' if US presence extended

PUKmedia 19-08-2011 10:12:30

Asked whether or not he would negotiate directly or indirectly with US forces over a security training mission to last beyond the end of this year, the cleric replied simply: "No, there will be war."

Asked? As if He would have An option with the USA !!!! laughable :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We don't talk to his type B)

And if they do start crap over there and go to War you can Wipe your back side with your Dinar, it will then become toilet paper. But then again it makes ya think , is this in the plan. Make it to the finish line get all the US money they can , promise wealth, keep us buying and then at the last second pull the plug on us and the world. Far fetched but something to ponder. :blink: