Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Wisconsin State warning about Iraqi dinars

humveee

Yes we understand the difference between Exotic and Internationally traded currency, though they are not telling that if it does rv it will at the same time have currency restrictions lifted and become internationally traded again. They are trying to confiscate the dinar from the people and the dealers so they can take them for investigation and keep them for themselves as confiscated evidence...So a state that is lying and stealing from it's own people, high treason!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yes we understand the difference between Exotic and Internationally traded currency, though they are not telling that if it does rv it will at the same time have currency restrictions lifted and become internationally traded again. They are trying to confiscate the dinar from the people and the dealers so they can take them for investigation and keep them for themselves as confiscated evidence...So a state that is lying and stealing from it's own people, high treason!!

Hey Surfing,

You bring up a good point here. I wonder if the recent raid had anything to do with trying to get some of the dinar out of the dealers' hands so they don't become richer than Donald Trump. Maybe after all the dealers get raided and their dinar confiscated, we will see our RV. :P:P:P Just a thought...... :lol::lol::lol:

Happy Wednesday,

Kimberlye B)

Umm, where exactly in that article does it say anything about dinar being confiscated? Please enlighten the rest of us with your "intel" with a link. I would like to read that story as well.

Humveee, thanks for the info. Sounds to me like someone informed some sort of media person about getting scammed or that they were dissatisfied with the way their dinar "dealer" treated them, hence the negative nancy stance of that article.

It really does not matter if they confiscate dinar from the dealers that are charging a ridiculous amount, anyone can go on e-bay and purchase it, of course you are taking an even bigger risk in doing it that way. Personally I would just take the article as someone venting about a bad experience with a dealer.

Edited by GhostDawg
  • Upvote 1

I believe that someone should contact her and tell her about:

Presidential Order 13303,

Instituted by George Bush,

and

Extended by Barack Obama

READ BELOW:

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release

May 17, 2011

Notice from the President regarding the continuation of the national emergency with respect to the stabilization of Iraq

On May 22, 2003, by Executive Order 13303, the President declared a national emergency protecting the Development Fund for Iraq and certain other property in which Iraq has an interest, pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701‑1706). The President took this action to deal with the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by obstacles to the orderly reconstruction of Iraq, the restoration and maintenance of peace and security in the country, and the development of political, administrative, and economic institutions in Iraq.

In Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, Executive Order 13350 of July 29, 2004, Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004, and Executive Order 13438 of July 17, 2007, the President modified the scope of the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303 and took additional steps in response to this national emergency.

Because the obstacles to the orderly reconstruction of Iraq, the restoration and maintenance of peace and security in the country, and the development of political, administrative, and economic institutions in Iraq continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303, as modified in scope and relied upon for additional steps taken in Executive Orders 13315, 13350, 13364, and 13438, must continue in effect beyond May 22, 2011. Therefore, in accordance with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency with respect to the stabilization of Iraq.

This notice shall be published in the Federal Register and transmitted to the Congress.

BARACK OBAMA

THE WHITE HOUSE,

May 17, 2011.

And Maybe about the Official Press Release:

Secretary of State Hillarious Clinton,

Presented herself in a PRESS CONFERENCE,

Promoting all Americans to INVEST in the country of IRAQ.

IMHO,

(Maybe the Wisconsin Officials had too much cheese that day!)

BEST WISHES,

Proteus

• Upvote 3

Sorry Wisconsin...or any other US State per-se...

I am sticking to this news article posed yesterday by quietlearner.....

Investors Look for Opportunities in Iraqi Recovery CNBC today

The thought of investing in Iraq may make some investors cringe, but others argue the situation is changing on the ground. Given the euro zone debt jitters, a weaker outlook for the US economy and fears of some emerging markets overheating, it may be worth a consideration.

As the debate rages on as to whether some US troops should remain after a planned withdrawal at the end of the year, the security situation is still volatile. A top US official earlier said that Iraq “is less safe than a year ago”. Figures released by the health ministry showed that the number of civilians killed by violence in the country rose to 159 in July, marking one of the worst months of the year.

But Shwan Taha, Owner of Rabee Securities, believes it is now “much better” in comparison to 2005-2007.

“There are much more dangerous places on earth that investors are flocking to and where the rewards are less than those in Iraq,” he told CNBC.

Here are some numbers to ruminate on. The 10-year sovereign bond yields for Iraq, at 6.65 percent, are roughly on par with Italy and Spain, and lower than Ireland and Portugal. Similar patterns can be found in Iraq’s credit default swaps (CDS), or the cost of insuring the country’s debt against default for five years.

And the violence “does not seem to be having any effect on foreign direct investment (FDI), which is increasing, substantially,” Hussain Qaragholi, Vice President of the US Iraq Business Council and Managing Partner of Phoenix Capital, told CNBC in an interview.

FDI into Iraq increased by 175 percent in 2010, data from fDiIntelligence showed. The country took 7 percent of FDI flows into the Middle East region in 2010, up from 2 percent in 2009, becoming the fourth leading destination in the region.

Dunia Frontier Consultants, a financial services company, estimates some $45.6 billion in investments flowed into Iraq in the first half of 2011, already surpassing the total for 2010.

You can see the impact everywhere. The Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) is up more than 40 percent so far this year, making it one of the best performing markets in the world - compared to the Egyptian Stock Exchange, down 35 percent year-to-date. Trading is often thin, but greater prospects may be around the corner.

Qaragholi looks forward to the listing of Iraq’s telecom initial public offerings, possibly doubling or tripling the market value of the stock exchange, currently just above $4 billion. It is a modest number, even by regional standards.

A substantial amount of investment goes into the oil and gas sector. Iraq is a member of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, not bound by quotas, and currently exports 2.7 million barrels per day (bpd). The plan is to expand output to 3 million bpd by the end of the year, and 12 million bpd by 2017.

A final draft agreement was signed earlier in July by the government with Royal Dutch Shell cnbc_comboQuoteMove('popup_RDSA-GB_ID0EWKAC15839609');[RDSA-GB 2005.50 ] cnbc_quoteComponent_init_getData("RDSA-GB","WSODQ_COMPONENT_RDSA-GB_ID0EWKAC15839609","WSODQ","true","ID0EWKAC15839609","off","false","inLineQuote"); and Mitsubishi, paving the way for a $12 billion deal to capture flared gas in the south.

Aside from oil and gas, what else is out there? Taha said he is very interested in the services sectors. “Personally I try to stay away from the flavor of the month and look a bit more long term,” he said.

http://www.cnbc.com//id/44156103

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1VFVFiCLR

Quote, "“There are much more dangerous places on earth that investors are flocking to and where the rewards are less than those in Iraq,” he told CNBC."

And Quote, "And the violence “does not seem to be having any effect on foreign direct investment (FDI), which is increasing, substantially,” Hussain Qaragholi, Vice President of the US Iraq Business Council and Managing Partner of Phoenix Capital, told CNBC in an interview."

It's true, many articles are coming out telling us of all of the BIG investments being made in Irag....Fast Trains...5-Star Hotels....Oil Contracts...etc. In my opinion...all is good, but I do pray over the recent devastating deaths in their country....

Go...RI

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/user/33440-nothing-ventured/#ixzz1VLbb9qwj

Edited by Nothing-Ventured
  • Upvote 1

I went to the WI DFI website and anyone can file a complaint regarding these areas...

Mortgage Banking

Broker/Dealer

Investment Advisers

INVESTMENT FRAUD

General Complaint

I would guess somebody filed an investment fraud complaint.

I sent an email to this address, asking if they understood how pres order 13303 is related to their recent article about the Iraqi Dinar. Will post if I get a reply.

askthesecretary@dfi.state.wi.us

too bad the DFI isn't an actual organization or branch of government, so how can they "say" anything

DFI is a fund that hold monies for iraq(actually held money and no more does)

wow, i really hope people are dense enough to fall for that poor moronic insane reason of a news article

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

too bad the DFI isn't an actual organization or branch of government, so how can they "say" anything

DFI is a fund that hold monies for iraq(actually held money and no more does)

wow, i really hope people are dense enough to fall for that poor moronic insane reason of a news article

you are mis reading the thread, here is the website the article originated from.

My link

Wisconsin Dept of Financial Institutions

Edited by Up North