Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DINAR WILL RV @ MID $3 RANGE

Good evening!

Great thread and I appreciate your bold attitude for coming out with your opinion; now I will also provide you my opinion below:

I am going way out on a very extended, dry, weak, and shaky limb here, but IMHO I believe the RV rate of the IQD may possibly be in the mid three dollar range ($3.68 - $3.75), why, you ask? There are many number of reasons economically, but it is my understanding that Iraq desires to have the highest valued currency in the region (even by Shabibi's own words), so Kuwait currently sits at .27009 (1USD /.27009 = $3.70) and Iraq surely wants to come out higher, that is why I predict the number above.

Now, the Kuwaiti Dinar just went up in value within the last couple of days and weeks from $3.66USD to $3.70USD.

http://www.exchange-rates.org/currentRates/M/USD

Thank you,

GG

p.s.- please review my earlier opinion during another thread below:

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=15&t=78637&qpid=610111

• Upvote 1

I have been saying the same thing right along---just a gut feeling--- the fierce pride of the Moslem's , what ever country will prevail----the sugar in the tea is the fact without even factoring in Iraq's other resources which can't be valued till after chap 7 is released the oil Carry it with no problem----The icing on the cake is Kuwait has approved the revalue number on a par!---they can't afford to have a major difference in the two currencies between a bordering country ---everthing else that Iraq has in it's favor is just gravy and thanksgiving--- when 7 is gone the game changes again---military, security, politically---and who has the most ability to buy toys---a caveat there it further opens up the real change that will happen ---democracy---these riots, these questioning their government isn't coincidental--- the populations of the surrounding countries are seeing the potential benefits and they want in ,they have been held down for so long that it won't fly anymore---just look at it like this, I read here in Dv the average age of the Iraqis is in their 30s----do you think it isn't the same in the rest of the ME----these citizens WANT more than they are getting !

This will continue this will spread like wildfire or a good pair of jeans or mp player

We always get caught up in the trees and can't see forest!

Just my opinion

Capt Cliff

VERY WELL PUT CAPTAIN :)

Good evening!

Great thread and I appreciate your bold attitude for coming out with your opinion; now I will also provide you my opinion below:

I am going way out on a very extended, dry, weak, and shaky limb here, but IMHO I believe the RV rate of the IQD may possibly be in the mid three dollar range ($3.68 - $3.75), why, you ask? There are many number of reasons economically, but it is my understanding that Iraq desires to have the highest valued currency in the region (even by Shabibi's own words), so Kuwait currently sits at .27009 (1USD /.27009 = $3.70) and Iraq surely wants to come out higher, that is why I predict the number above.

Now, the Kuwaiti Dinar just went up in value within the last couple of days and weeks from $3.66USD to $3.70USD.

Thank you,

GG

VERY NICE GG AND YOU ARE VERY RIGHT!!! :)

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=15&t=78637&qpid=610111

THANKS AND I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT THE "TROLLS", I WAS JUST STATING A FACT :)

NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING A "PUMPER". JUST STATING A FACT....... TOO MANY PEOPLE ON HERE ARE VERY ILL INFORMED.

You are stating it as FACT you keep repeating.......Hmm.....So I'm supposed to accept it as fact myself just because you say so.....A tad bit arrogant .....

• Upvote 3

The Dinar will RV at current competitive mid-east currency values. When it RV's it will be held on a "Regulated Float", which means whatever it RV's at, it can only fluctuate by 2.5%, up or down, every 90 days for 2 years. It will not RV low, then rise quickly because of this fact!!! The Kuwaiti Dinar stands at $3.65 USD. The ONLY conclusion you can come to, and as Shabibi has said, it will RV at around what it was worth before the war. It will RV around the mid 3 dollar range. If you have alot, hold onto some because if it consistently rises by 2.5% every 90 days after the RV, then it will gain a little in a matter of months, but if the mid 3 dollar range is good for you, as it is for me, cash out and become debt free!!! Take the rest and invest in lots of gold & silver!!! GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS!!! SLASH~

WHO KNOWS WHAT THE MID RANGE WAS?? THE 3 PLUS RANGE WAS SADDAM RATE WHICH WASN'T WORTH ANY MORE THEN IT IS NOW NOTHING... :lol:

• Upvote 1

The Dinar will RV at current competitive mid-east currency values. When it RV's it will be held on a "Regulated Float", which means whatever it RV's at, it can only fluctuate by 2.5%, up or down, every 90 days for 2 years. It will not RV low, then rise quickly because of this fact!!! The Kuwaiti Dinar stands at $3.65 USD. The ONLY conclusion you can come to, and as Shabibi has said, it will RV at around what it was worth before the war. It will RV around the mid 3 dollar range. If you have alot, hold onto some because if it consistently rises by 2.5% every 90 days after the RV, then it will gain a little in a matter of months, but if the mid 3 dollar range is good for you, as it is for me, cash out and become debt free!!! Take the rest and invest in lots of gold & silver!!! GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS!!! SLASH~

That all sounds good, But is that after a lop,? cuz that is a huge payout, even more so they have not come up with a projected net worth yet................ Still fun........

Please show us the research. Thanks

I do like the way you think........ PS, he was the best catcher ever........ Munson that is .. Tragic, just a question did he do his whole career with yankee's?

Good evening!

Thank you,

GG

Did it go up or the Dollar go down ???

THANKS AND I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT THE "TROLLS", I WAS JUST STATING A FACT :)

NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING A "PUMPER". JUST STATING A FACT....... TOO MANY PEOPLE ON HERE ARE VERY ILL INFORMED.

LOL nothing you stated was fact except that a managed float is restricted by how much it can move.....

The rest of what u stated is just wishful thinking....

• Upvote 2

and in support of GG I will add a bit more to ponder,

The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference, commonly known as the Bretton Woods conference, was a gathering of 730 delegates from all 44 allied nataion gathered at the Mount Washington Hotel, situated in Brent Woods, New Hamshire, to regulate the international monetary and financial order after the conclusion of World War II

From this conference came signed agreements outlining the the Monetary recovery of war torn Coutries, to include access to free trade and and fiscal parity.

Bretton Woods Conference, the name commonly given to the United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference held in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, in 1944. Representatives from 44 countries met to establish measures to help stabilize and strengthen the world monetary and financial system. As part of the Bretton Woods Agreement drawn up at the conference, a new international monetary system was set up based on the gold-exchange standard. Gold was valued at 35 United States dollars per ounce (28.35 g), and other currencies were valued in terms of the dollar. This system collapsed in the early 1970's, when the United States and other countries abandoned the gold standard.

The Bretton Woods Agreement established two organizations—the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (World Bank) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF)—to strengthen the global economy and encourage international trade.

http://history.howstuffworks.com/world-war-ii/bretton-woods-conference.htm

The signed agreements outlined that a war torn Country shall be given consideration to include but not limited to O interest recovery loans from the World Bank and its approriate enities and that appropriate revaulation of ones monetary value to find parity with surrounding economies is a given provided the country can show fiscal support. ( LInk above and follow to actual signed documentation)

In my opinion the seminal idea behind the Bretton Woods confrencce was the notion of open markets. Even in Henery Morgenthay's farewell remarks at the conference, he stated that the establishment of the IMF and the World Bank marked the end of economic nationalism. To me this clearly meant countries would maintain their national interest, but trade blocks and economic spheres of influence would no longer be their means. The second idea behind the Bretton Woods Conference was joint management of the Western political-economic order, meaning that the foremost industrial democratic nations must lower barriers to trade and the necessary revalue and movement of currency , in addition to their responsibility to govern the system.

Three plus dollars for a rate? Why not. In considering the fact that PM. Malike approx 3 weeks ago signed into law the Iraq dinars pinning in gold at 2.4 grams per dinar, 3.00 US may be very, very low? Link seeker pleae reveiw Iraq Related News here on our site for links to the gold articles, Ive already done it once so please feel free to try it on your own.

Golden Goose and Slash nice post folks. Ill be watching in case one of the bruisers with no evident factual agrument wants to come push their ilk again. I will happily engage.

QuietLearner

• Upvote 3

WHO KNOWS WHAT THE MID RANGE WAS?? THE 3 PLUS RANGE WAS SADDAM RATE WHICH WASN'T WORTH ANY MORE THEN IT IS NOW NOTHING... laugh.gif

Can you please explain that statement? See I realized that in truth the Kuwait dinar was actually " a frozen asset " during Iraqs occupation and after Saddam was crushed, the Kuwait Dinar was re-instituted. It lost nor gained any value but rather returned to the currency of Kuwait once Kuwait was liberated? Is this not so?

Quietlearner

• Upvote 1

It seems as though people want links and research, but this was posted in "Opinions, Perspectives, and Your Two Cents on the Iraqi Dinar"; not "Dinar RV Facts". If this is the opinion of the person posting, then not sure why they would be required to supply anything additional. Now the person may have misused words in this because "fact" and "dinar" do not belong in the same paragraph or post. That would be like using "justified" and "taxes" in the same paragraph.

Edited by Jack Dinauer
  • Upvote 3

It seems as though people want links and research, but this was posted in "Opinions, Perspectives, and Your Two Cents on the Iraqi Dinar"; not "Dinar RV Facts". If this is the opinion of the person posting, then not sure why they would be required to supply anything additional.

Jack, I agree. I also felt that way when I first posted and was eaten alive. The problem with that Idea is that we would assume that reader would believe that the person would be truthful that is posting. Meaning if I post a statement like " in an earlier article shabbi said........" it would be truth. Unfortunately that is not the case. So in closing I have found personally that for your opinion to be stated is not a problem, but when you use statements of fact to back your personal opinion, you really need to provide links so folks can validate for themselves, where you are getting your information.

Respectfully,

Quietlearner

• Upvote 1

That is exactly what my husband says :) Thanks for the post... I love encouragement LOL :D

Jack, I agree. I also felt that way when I first posted and was eaten alive. The problem with that Idea is that we would assume that reader would believe that the person would be truthful that is posting. Meaning if I post a statement like " in an earlier article shabbi said........" it would be truth. Unfortunately that is not the case. So in closing I have found personally that for your opinion to be stated is not a problem, but when you use statements of fact to back your personal opinion, you really need to provide links so folks can validate for themselves, where you are getting your information.

Respectfully,

Quietlearner

I agree 100%......keep up the great work, QL!!!!

Thank you,

GG

I do hope you are right. I keep thinking of Kuwait's dinar at 3 whatever it is and reason that Iraq has much more oil than they do not to mention agricultural and mineral resources. What's Kuwait got that Iraq ain't got? Nothin' other than the freedom of an unrestricted currency. And once this is resolved.....look out!

Why do you think that the natural resources of a country have some direct relation to the value of their currency? The value of a country's currency depends on the value of their economy (not what is in the ground or what the economy could one day become), and the money supply, how many notes are out there. Kuwait's GDP is something like $180B USD and their M2 is 27B Kuwait dinars. Iraq's GDP is about 1/3 of that at maybe $65B USD and they have 60T (2000 times as much) dinars in their M2. So it is any mystery that Kuwait's eachnage is a few thousdand times what Iraq's is? I think not, it makes perfect sense.
  • Upvote 2

Why do you think that the natural resources of a country have some direct relation to the value of their currency? The value of a country's currency depends on the value of their economy (not what is in the ground or what the economy could one day become), and the money supply, how many notes are out there. Kuwait's GDP is something like $180B USD and their M2 is 27B Kuwait dinars. Iraq's GDP is about 1/3 of that at maybe $65B USD and they have 60T (2000 times as much) dinars in their M2. So it is any mystery that Kuwait's eachnage is a few thousdand times what Iraq's is? I think not, it makes perfect sense.

And so we shall see. I did not say Iwas an expert. This was just my thoughts. I apologize if I insulted your obviously superior intelligence in any way, shape, or form. <_<

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

That all sounds good, But is that after a lop,? cuz that is a huge payout, even more so they have not come up with a projected net worth yet................ Still fun........

I do like the way you think........ PS, he was the best catcher ever........ Munson that is .. Tragic, just a question did he do his whole career with yankee's?

yep....http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=1009334&position=C

And so we shall see. I did not say Iwas an expert. This was just my thoughts. I apologize if I insulted your obviously superior intelligence in any way, shape, or form. <_<

No need to get personal. I mean no insult, but your thoughts as you expressed them make no sense.
  • Upvote 2