Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UPDATED: Bachmann Rigged Iowa Poll by Buying "At Least" 4000 Votes

Sirius

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann is being called the "Queen of the Straw Poll" after her victory at the Iowa straw poll yesterday for the GOP presidential nomination.

Bachmann, who finished with 4823 votes, narrowly beat second-place finisher Congressman Ron Paul who collected 4671 votes.

The Ames poll, although important because of the early significance of Iowa in the primaries, is nonbinding and unscientific.

AFP reported that "It has been criticized as playing too heavily in favor of candidates that are well financed, since their campaigns can buy the $30 tickets for their supporters to attend and presumably vote in their favor."

The Ames event was considered to be a Republican fundraiser, yet Bachmann's campaign bought and "handed out at least 4,000 free tickets to supporters."

Therefore, Bachmann appears to have rigged the vote at a minimum direct cost of $120,000 to her campaign.

Another anomaly with the vote surfaced this morning when it was discovered that 218 votes went unaccounted for. In other words, these votes were in the overall tally but not registered to any of the candidates.

One would think the media would attempt to uncover the discrepancy given the razor thin 152-vote margin between Bachmann and Paul. However, so far, they've been content to call her the "queen" of the event.

Update by Paul Krugman:

Headlines on FoxNews, CNN, MSNBC, and all over the web should have been “Randy Travis Wins Ames Straw Poll Edging out Ron Paul” instead of headlines which touted Congresswoman Michele Bachmann’s victory.

Bachmann spent upwards of $1 million, paid for over 6000 tickets, paid for Grammy Award winning, country musician Randy Travis to show up, and bussed in Randy Travis fans in order to secure 152 more votes than Congressman Ron Paul. Michele Bachmann’s camp handed out flyers, which stated that in order to see the entertainment, you had to vote for her first. Here is an image of the flyer that was around Ames,

110813_bachmann_rule_465.jpg

While Bachmann gave out over 6000 tickets(worth $180,000 at $30 each), she received ~4800 votes, so 20% of those who she bought tickets for voted for other candidates. A country concert, a ride to that concert, and various other free stuff is a great deal for a simple vote.

Though she may have won the Ames Straw Poll, Bachmann will not be able to bus in country music fans for a free show for a vote scheme at the Iowa Caucus in 2012. As Joe Scarborough put it, “She is a joke. Her candidacy is a joke.”

LINK :

****Posted previously but seems censorship is running rampant here lately..*****

Edited by Sirius
  • Upvote 1

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann is being called the "Queen of the Straw Poll" after her victory at the Iowa straw poll yesterday for the GOP presidential nomination.

Bachmann, who finished with 4823 votes, narrowly beat second-place finisher Congressman Ron Paul who collected 4671 votes.

The Ames poll, although important because of the early significance of Iowa in the primaries, is nonbinding and unscientific.

AFP reported that "It has been criticized as playing too heavily in favor of candidates that are well financed, since their campaigns can buy the $30 tickets for their supporters to attend and presumably vote in their favor."

The Ames event was considered to be a Republican fundraiser, yet Bachmann's campaign bought and "handed out at least 4,000 free tickets to supporters."

Therefore, Bachmann appears to have rigged the vote at a minimum direct cost of $120,000 to her campaign.

Another anomaly with the vote surfaced this morning when it was discovered that 218 votes went unaccounted for. In other words, these votes were in the overall tally but not registered to any of the candidates.

One would think the media would attempt to uncover the discrepancy given the razor thin 152-vote margin between Bachmann and Paul. However, so far, they've been content to call her the "queen" of the event.

Update by Paul Krugman:

Headlines on FoxNews, CNN, MSNBC, and all over the web should have been “Randy Travis Wins Ames Straw Poll Edging out Ron Paul” instead of headlines which touted Congresswoman Michele Bachmann’s victory.

Bachmann spent upwards of $1 million, paid for over 6000 tickets, paid for Grammy Award winning, country musician Randy Travis to show up, and bussed in Randy Travis fans in order to secure 152 more votes than Congressman Ron Paul. Michele Bachmann’s camp handed out flyers, which stated that in order to see the entertainment, you had to vote for her first. Here is an image of the flyer that was around Ames,

While Bachmann gave out over 6000 tickets(worth $180,000 at $30 each), she received ~4800 votes, so 20% of those who she bought tickets for voted for other candidates. A country concert, a ride to that concert, and various other free stuff is a great deal for a simple vote.

Though she may have won the Ames Straw Poll, Bachmann will not be able to bus in country music fans for a free show for a vote scheme at the Iowa Caucus in 2012. As Joe Scarborough put it, “She is a joke. Her candidacy is a joke.”

LINK :

****Posted previously but seems censorship is running rampant here lately..*****

[/quote

I say lets start with the bar set really high this time..... Does she have a valid birth certificate??? :blink: Ok, how about her own unique SS #? :blink: Lol!!!

• Upvote 1

This just makes me laugh----She didnt rig the vote, OMG.... (Ron Paul gave out 4750 tickets) I guess Michelle Bachmann was on the ball and did her due diligence. The other candidates should have followed suit...I havent decided who to vote for but Michelle is from Iowa and has lots of support from there.....I may or may not vote for her.....

Edited by Kimjackie
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Paul Krugman is a liberal LACKY .......no credibility ...nonesleep.gif

Good job, I guess the whole story is bunk then. Who would you recommend then for real truth articles?,

I will pass your answer on to these sites so they can post more credible stories.

Read more:

Must have been the corn dog haters of Dinarvet mods. :lol:

Tells you where their minds are...little childish I'd say.

• Upvote 1

Good job, I guess the whole story is bunk then. Who would you recommend then for real truth articles?,

I will pass your answer on to these sites so they can post more credible stories.

Tells you where their minds are...little childish I'd say.

AH OH.....do I detect a nerve being hit? Paul is what he is(liberal hack) and everyone knows it..........well almost everyoneohmy.gif May I suggest some novacaine

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

AH OH.....do I detect a nerve being hit? Paul is what he is(liberal hack) and everyone knows it..........well almost everyoneohmy.gif May I suggest some novacaine

A nerve being hit? How would that happen? Sorry to disappoint your ego but why would you think that when I'm Canadian.

I just re-posted some article from another site (one of the largest news sites) so all I asked you was who would be better to get a story from. That's about it.

You see people who are not awake jump into rants like your reply and it is expected and seen often, but it is ok, because you can't hit a nerve in any of us.

As for your suggestion of Novacaine, again sorry to disappoint but we also don't get sucked into "big pharma" and their useless drugs.

You say "everyone knows Paul is a Liberal hack", then why does he keep winning the polls? Oh I forgot, you are still watching MSM, so you are forgiven for being

brainwashed against the actual facts. I guess you just love the Federal Reserve then to, oh well there is still a chance for you, maybe. Peace.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I feel sorry for you and the rest of America that

can't get there own research to see what is really

going on in this country. If Ron Paul was a liberal

then you can bet that certain media would be touting

him as the new, Johnny come lately. But no, you will

barely hear one word about him or his constitutionally

correct views at all. If such a man had come in a more

photographic posture he would be well accepted. But that

is how simple this nation has become.

PATHETIC.

(((PAUL KRUGMAN)))

PATHETIC.

(((PAUL KRUGMAN)))

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

PATHETIC.

Excellent comeback..and I agree MSM never mentions Paul. But those who still watch MSM prove that when they speak out on Ron Paul.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A nerve being hit? How would that happen? Sorry to disappoint your ego but why would you think that when I'm Canadian.

I just re-posted some article from another site (one of the largest news sites) so all I asked you was who would be better to get a story from. That's about it.

You see people who are not awake jump into rants like your reply and it is expected and seen often, but it is ok, because you can't hit a nerve in any of us.

As for your suggestion of Novacaine, again sorry to disappoint but we also don't get sucked into "big pharma" and their useless drugs.

You say "everyone knows Paul is a Liberal hack", then why does he keep winning the polls? Oh I forgot, you are still watching MSM, so you are forgiven for being

brainwashed against the actual facts. I guess you just love the Federal Reserve then to, oh well there is still a chance for you, maybe. Peace.

Too funny......... Paul Krugman winning what polls? Rant...........emot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Too funny......... Paul Krugman winning what polls? Rant...........emot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gif

Why do you keep making crap up? I have no idea who you are talking about except it is the name under the original article, are you ok?

Don't feel ashamed if you need help, please seek it. You can go back and read it again if you need to, you might see some guy named Ron Paul in the sentence.

You should get together with ajskj since you both seem to be into the teeny bop chat lingo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Update by Paul Krugman:

UPDATE BY PAUL KRUGMAN ....Do I have to spell out the rest of it for you?.....................I guess I do.... when I refer to PAUL, I'm not talking about RON PAUL. I'm talking about PAUL KRUGMAN that YOU posted. He's a liberal HACK......virius

• Upvote 1

Hahaha looks like Mongo needs to learn how to play with the grownups.

People that still buy into the whole Democrat/Liberal Vs Republican/ Conservative are like whiny little children that holler "My dad could whup your dad" back and forth without ever accomplishing anything.

elected officials from either side isn't gonna matter because the parties are controlled by the higher ups.No mater what party wins,we will always lose

• Upvote 1

I don't know Paul Krugman, and he may be a Liberal hack.

But if he's pissing on Michelle Bachman (aka The Federal Reserve Banks very own henchman, former IRS attorney) I'm all for it. It's nice to see a hard core Liberal come out swinging for a true conservative like Ron Paul.

Even Liberals are fed up with Obama, and that's a hard straw to grasp.

• Upvote 1

Update by Paul Krugman:

UPDATE BY PAUL KRUGMAN ....Do I have to spell out the rest of it for you?.....................I guess I do.... when I refer to PAUL, I'm not talking about RON PAUL. I'm talking about PAUL KRUGMAN that YOU posted. He's a liberal HACK......virius

Well the article was about that Poll in Iowa and the results, so if you just mention the name "Paul" then ect.....so yes, next time you do have to spell it out and clarify who your talking about, never assume people think the way you do. If you say that guy "Krugman" the same way people write Obama instead of Barack then I wouldn't be here wasting time.

Edited by Sirius
  • Upvote 1