Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Four insurgent attacks thwarted

Four insurgent attacks thwarted

15/08/2011 14:51

Baghdad, August 15 (AKnews) - Security forces thwarted four separate car bomb attacks today, while several other bombs ripped through different cities killing dozens and injuring many more.

The bombings all occurred in the early morning in what seemed to be a coordinated nationwide attack. The cities of Kut, Tikrit, Najaf, and Karbala were each rocked by twin bombings where one bomb goes off and then as the security forces arrive on the scene, there is a second, usually more deadly, blast. Most of this morning’s attacks were suicide bombings.

A spokesman for the interior ministry Adil Dahham told AKnews: “Several attempted bombings in the Iraqi provinces were thwarted this morning by the security forces…Either the suicide bombers were killed before detonating their car bombs or car bombs and IEDs were disarmed before exploding”.

In Salahaddin province, security forces shot dead a suicide bomber who was trying to break into the crime control department in the city of Tikrit following a suicide attack with an explosive belt.

In Diyala, three car bombs were successfully defused by the security forces, Dahham said.

“The attackers tried to cause the greatest number of casualties by using the twin bomb technique”.

Reported by Haidar Ibrahim

RY/KA/AKnews

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/3/257142/

I'm sure the bombings are the work of the terrorist AL-SADR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a huge possibility that it is Al-Sadr. He doesn't care about his country. He is a two-bit controller, and he cares about nothing but trying to gather and maintain control. Controllers are always willing to go to an "extreme" extreme to get more control or to solidify whatever control they already have. I've had to deal with controllers at every stage of my life (except this one) and in every instance, I found them to be extremely unpleasant, difficult people. And by now, I certainly recognize a controller when I see one. Al-Sadr's general behavior is very like that of of the controllers I have known personally. Nothing, and I do mean nothing, is more important to Al-Sadr than being in control.