Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

NASCAR.....Watkins Glen Road Race

goldengoose

.......................Junior Johnson!!! blush.gif jk.... but how many of you know who that is? Just testing your NASCAR savvy! I moved from Wilkes Co., NC where they claim to be the birth place of NASCAR.. that's right... Junior got his start running moonshine! Though retired he makes a "legal brew of white lightening" now a days!

I'm a Gordon fan.... why?... "cause he enunciates his words"! wink.gif

• Upvote 1

.......................Junior Johnson!!! blush.gif jk.... but how many of you know who that is? Just testing your NASCAR savvy! I moved from Wilkes Co., NC where they claim to be the birth place of NASCAR.. that's right... Junior got his start running moonshine! Though retired he makes a "legal brew of white lightening" now a days!

I'm a Gordon fan.... why?... "cause he enunciates his words"! wink.gif

I'm a junior fan, but of the young hot variety - as in Dale Jr. ;)

Thanks Golden Goose for the post.

I'm curious, besides everyone's favorite drivers, what are your favorite tracks to watch races at?

I've been to alot of different tracks and the best so far, IMO, is the Bristol night race. I've often wondered what watching a road course would be like in person. Someday I'd like to watch F1 in either Monte Carlo or Bahrain. :)

Deisgn Interrupted

Always Mark Martin! But the other Hendrick's team mates too... looks like they're running tomorrow... rained out today!

I'm a junior fan, but of the young hot variety - as in Dale Jr. ;)

Thanks Golden Goose for the post.

I'm curious, besides everyone's favorite drivers, what are your favorite tracks to watch races at?

I've been to alot of different tracks and the best so far, IMO, is the Bristol night race. I've often wondered what watching a road course would be like in person. Someday I'd like to watch F1 in either Monte Carlo or Bahrain. :)

Deisgn Interrupted

I always enjoy Dover and Darlington! I've been to Monte Carlo, just coincidentally, and "attempted" to watch the race... but it is impossible unless you have seriously assigned viewing ahead of time... as the street circuit is totally obscured from view! I'm not sure of what the cost would be... so make your plans ahead of time!

Always Mark Martin! But the other Hendrick's team mates too... looks like they're running tomorrow... rained out today!

I always enjoy Dover and Darlington! I've been to Monte Carlo, just coincidentally, and "attempted" to watch the race... but it is impossible unless you have seriously assigned viewing ahead of time... as the street circuit is totally obscured from view! I'm not sure of what the cost would be... so make your plans ahead of time!

Jax,

Did you happen to be at the Dover race to see that close finish between Ricky Craven and Kurt Busch? That was exciting!

I've been to Monte Carlo but never for the race. I'm sure you're right about getting a decent view. I bet it wouldn't be too shabby from a yacht :)

Design Interrupted

Jax,

Did you happen to be at the Dover race to see that close finish between Ricky Craven and Kurt Busch? That was exciting!

I've been to Monte Carlo but never for the race. I'm sure you're right about getting a decent view. I bet it wouldn't be too shabby from a yacht :)

Design Interrupted

Hi DI... I wasn't at that race, but have seen many exciting ones at Dover! I had the privilege of "Press Passes" to many races, which gave unrestricted access to everywhere, before, during and after the race! Incredible to be able to be in the pits and garages during races... and the winner's circle after!!!

Yes.... the yachts and cruise ships in that scenic Mediterranean port are awesome! Monaco was one of the most pristine and cleanest places I have ever been... glad I had the opportunity to visit... twice!

Today will definitely be for Keselowski with that busted up ankle and foot !!!! Watkins Glen is gonna kill 'em, all that shifting.. he won last week !!

Any other day would be 'Smoke' eyebrows.gif or Jr. cool.gif

Hat's off, you only missed it by one position!tip_hat.gif

Keselowski finishes 2nd and Wonderboy (#24) comes in 13th.... emot-shakehead.gif

Didn't get to watch it, had to work. But did see the highlights, man what a race! The wreck with David Ruetimann and David Ragan was horrific!! Cannot believe these guys are walking away- or at least limping away. I've attached a link, you can see the last laps. Denny Hamlin had a bad crash as well.

These guys must truly have some angles watching over them........

http://www.nascar.com/video/post-race/final-laps/110815/cup-wat-high-final/index.html

Hats off to Marcus Ambrose! It's nice to see someone different win, even though I didn't get to see the race :(

Jax,

The first year Tony Stewart won I watched from the pits in Homestead. Hearing the cars, smelling the tires, feeling the power and I was hooked. :)

Design... yes, great for Marcos... he's a good guy and wonderful for his first Cup win! I was really rooting for him, especially against Kyle Busch! Great finish!

I've always said, that you have to experience a race in person to really "get it"! Yup... all the sounds and colors and excitement, especially over the course of several days if you get the chance to stay, or camp, etc.

Maybe see you in Monte Carlo!!! :D

Didn't get to watch it, had to work. But did see the highlights, man what a race! The wreck with David Ruetimann and David Ragan was horrific!! Cannot believe these guys are walking away- or at least limping away. I've attached a link, you can see the last laps. Denny Hamlin had a bad crash as well.

These guys must truly have some angles watching over them........

http://www.nascar.com/video/post-race/final-laps/110815/cup-wat-high-final/index.html

Thanks for the highlights, Rope. That was awesome!! Glad everyone walked away.