Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

raise zeros from dinar and currency exchange

jupitergirl

Iraq could RD and RV tomorrow to match Kuwait and there they are. At par with Kuwait. I still fail to see the negative aspect of that senerio with exception of us as speculators not becoming multimillionares. Again I want a RV to 3.00 to happen overnight as well but doesnt that seem just a little far fetched to you? HOW? How do they make 60 trillion dinar worth 180 trillion USD overnight? As soon as that question is answered I will agree that your opinion is valid. A low start and gradual rise without a RD maybe.

Exactly. Technically you could go from 0.00086 USD/dinar up to $3/dinar in small RVs. Every time you raise it more dinars come in and you take them out of circulation thus lowering M2 to match the newly raised exchange rate. But this has lots of problems.

* Its expensive for one since you are constantly buying your own currency with foreign reserves.

* It invites speculation since the plan becomes clear so investors may tend to hold dinars for future RVs

* Its also very hard on the import/export trade as the value of the dinar changes frequently.

In contrast the RD is inexpensive and easy and gets them most of the way to the goal. It would be nice for us if they have a small RV, and that is possible since the dinar has been at its current value for a few years while GDP has been growing perhaps faster than M2, so maybe they are due for a small RV. And I'm sure they will continue to have small RVs (e.g. like Kuwait does) after they RD and for a long time to come. But a 1000x RV for a functioning economy just can't happen all at once since either the value of the money supply would be so tight prior to the RV that no commerce could occur, or its so over valued afterwards that hyperinflation is unavoidable. We know Iraq's economy is working, deals are being done, contracts signed, loans made etc so its not 1000x too tight now. No way are they going to risk hyperinflation by increasing it 1000x. So sadly an RD is I think pretty clear, its just whether or not they will do a small RV in the near term which would (as a side effect that Iraq doesn't care about) let us get out of this fiasco at near break even or maybe even with a small profit.

• Upvote 1

Exactly. Technically you could go from 0.00086 USD/dinar up to $3/dinar in small RVs. Every time you raise it more dinars come in and you take them out of circulation thus lowering M2 to match the newly raised exchange rate. But this has lots of problems.

* Its expensive for one since you are constantly buying your own currency with foreign reserves.

* It invites speculation since the plan becomes clear so investors may tend to hold dinars for future RVs

* Its also very hard on the import/export trade as the value of the dinar changes frequently.

In contrast the RD is inexpensive and easy and gets them most of the way to the goal. It would be nice for us if they have a small RV, and that is possible since the dinar has been at its current value for a few years while GDP has been growing perhaps faster than M2, so maybe they are due for a small RV. And I'm sure they will continue to have small RVs (e.g. like Kuwait does) after they RD and for a long time to come. But a 1000x RV for a functioning economy just can't happen all at once since either the value of the money supply would be so tight prior to the RV that no commerce could occur, or its so over valued afterwards that hyperinflation is unavoidable. We know Iraq's economy is working, deals are being done, contracts signed, loans made etc so its not 1000x too tight now. No way are they going to risk hyperinflation by increasing it 1000x. So sadly an RD is I think pretty clear, its just whether or not they will do a small RV in the near term which would (as a side effect that Iraq doesn't care about) let us get out of this fiasco at near break even or maybe even with a small profit.

I seem to think a RV to .001 is a good possibility pre RD. As a matter of fact if the vote is approved then that would be a good time to see it. They then could introduce the new currency on par with the USD fighting the dollarization issue at the same time. We will see but all good points jg.

VERY nice explanation. You can't make it any better! Kudos!

:tiphat:

Thanks, Blue. I took my time on that post in an attempt to fully explain the situation as well as I could might but left in typos and left-out words. Tried to edit but was not allowed to. :(

I like your messages, too. All right on. You have a good understanding of the situation. That is clear.

I like this thread, too. The most important one in the forum in my view, not counting the news from Iraq section. I've taken to staying out of the Rumor area as it is filled with pumper pumped pumpies. And most everything I say there gets emphatically slammed. They are mostly beyond all hope.

"GO RV!" :)

Thanks, Blue. I took my time on that post in an attempt to fully explain the situation as well as I could might but left in typos and left-out words. Tried to edit but was not allowed to. :(

I like your messages, too. All right on. You have a good understanding of the situation. That is clear.

I like this thread, too. The most important one in the forum in my view, not counting the news from Iraq section. I've taken to staying out of the Rumor area as it is filled with pumper pumped pumpies. And most everything I say there gets emphatically slammed. They are mostly beyond all hope.

"GO RV!" :)

Thanks for the kind words. :hug:

Just remember....some nuts are hard to crack. Macadamias anyone? :rolleyes:

:lol:

Edited by BlueOrchid919

I seem to think a RV to .001 is a good possibility pre RD. As a matter of fact if the vote is approved then that would be a good time to see it. They then could introduce the new currency on par with the USD fighting the dollarization issue at the same time. We will see but all good points jg.

You don't think we could possibly see .10 RV before RD, (if that occurs)?

My plan. (I suggest considering adopting this consideration as well.)

After the RD and the NEW bills are released (if Parliament allows that to occur) I will try to get my OLD Dinar bills exchanged for new ones. (Though doing that will cost me in consideration of the spread, the dealer's markup profit, and the shipping charges for both ways.)

The value of the Dinar was on a rise, and increased more than 300% from its low point. It appears that the value is being intentionally held back from rising at this time. My thinking is that after the RD and the new currency is released the Dinar will be left then to float. IF inflation is under control then there is only one direction the value of the Dinar can go. And that's continuing on up.

Meanwhile, the USD will be continuing to head South.

SO. . . I do not see holding Dinars to be a serious mistake. I do not regret buying them at all.

This would be nice! But don't forget, what a RD also does is kick most out of country people out of the investment...Of the Billions in spectators hands there will be hundreds of millions never exchanged or accounted for, those are bills that will never again be in circulation in Iraq...that will do ALOT for lowering the M2....and giving them the ability to go to $1

Thats why i think its much much more likely to see a boost of $1-1 dinar After the RD, heck, a .14cent boost on a currency investement is almost unheard of...i'd be estatic...

Edited by Ridewithme38

Thank you for the kind words. Sometimes I don't think I deserve them, as I have been far too critical, far too many times.

I guess that is the nature of frustration; with ourselves as well as others.

I am hanging back on the comments, but will try to help if I think I can without raising the frustration level.

I guess it is the uncertainty that is most unsettling.

Thanks you for taking the time to forget about differences of opinions and concentrate on the communications.

I think we can all learn from your example.

We are truly all in this together..

Dinarck, you and dalite are the best at communicating and making sense of the lop option.

You & Dalite should invite the rest of your crew to have a conference call. You guys could teach your crew some things. First of all, its very annoying to explain something and then say "its obvious and clear". I believe its kind of adding insult to injury, injury being dinar dissappointment.

In my experience most ppl that have invested in the dinar, did so expecting a large return, without exploring the realistic possibilities of losing money. Therefore sympathy and "Im in the same boat" approach is more effective, in yalls campaign. For some reason I like you and Dalite's comments.

Teach the others your methods and yall will be a better team. Thanks for your patience, I know I'm not the smartest, but Im eager to understand different things, a lil hard headed too.

This would be nice! But don't forget, what a RD also does is kick most out of country people out of the investment...Of the Billions in spectators hands there will be hundreds of millions never exchanged or accounted for, those are bills that will never again be in circulation in Iraq...that will do ALOT for lowering the M2....and giving them the ability to go to $1

Thats why i think its much much more likely to see a boost of $1-1 dinar After the RD, heck, a .14cent boost on a currency investement is almost unheard of...i'd be estatic...

Yeah, that's a good point. And after the cancellation date for the OLD Dinars that reduction of currency in circulation Iraq can compute for or estimate and take advantage of. It will be like you say, many hundreds of millions. Maybe even billions.

• Upvote 1

Okay, he won't say what IQD would RV, even if he did know, he would not say. But my understanding of taking the 3 zero's off is to make it simpler for purchasing etc. but what I heard it is also to bring the dinar back to where it was. Well that in itself is an RV isn't it?

I can't believe someone gave you a negative on that. I cancelled it out with a positive. Your statement is positive. stay that way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's the thread posted by highopes that says something like "URGENT..FROM DELTA"

To provide a link, do this:

Click on the URL at the top of the Browser. Then right click on the entirely highlighted link and select COPY from the pop down menu. Then come here, and start a message and enter text about the link. Hit the RETURN/ENTER key a couple of times. Then within the editor right click again and select PASTE from the pop down menu. Save message