Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

raise zeros from dinar and currency exchange

jupitergirl

You're so very welcome. Thanks for the kind words. I have most of the articles and reports, it's just a bit time consuming to find them and then post them over and over again everywhere. I'll see what I can dig up again.

We should start to see/hear more by early September. Keep your eyes peeled. The educating process HAS begun and we'll be seeing a lot more clarification from the CBI over the coming weeks.

Have a great weekend!

:D

Ditto....

No, we have a report that Shabbs presented a plan to M. I haven't seen any specifics.

Shabbs is smart. He speaks in generalities, not specifics. Control inflation. Simplify transactions. Restore the dinar.

Find me one article attributed to Shabbs that no kidding says RD.

Zab,

I have searched the database, and can't find what I believe I read.

So, I will concede and admit I can't produce an article where he comes right out with the specifics.

We will have to see where this flurry of press releases lead...

Well whatever drops from the sky I hope is something other than this because this is what we dont want. I hope you are right but we wait and see.

Listen, friend, I have read a very significant number of your posts and I know you obviously are of above average intelligence. This article speaks volumes to me with regard to the intent to raise the zeroes and it goes back to a discourse here on DV about potential value. It would do absolutely no good for the CBI/GOI to "raise the zeroes" without raising the value and the exchange rate of the IQD. I must, must, must look at this from a glass half full perspective. GOI can do anything they want regarding the way they position themselves among trade partners and potential trade partners, but it makes no sense to me to think they would just screw the eyes out of every company and nation that has invested time and resources to bring Iraq out of the dark age of Sadaam. I cannot see it that way.

Here's what I think (JUST MY OPINION to all reading this), it seems most logical that there will be a managed float. By and large, we who hold millions of IQD are the exception and not the rule. Many people bought a few hundred thousand to a couple of million. Many of those bought out of desparation and they will cash in at the first sign of a profit. Say for instance, a penny... IQD RV's to $.01USD: An initial outlay of about $1,000.00 USD becomes $10,000.00 (pre-tax) USD. There is an awful lot of people out there that could use an extra couple of thousand dollars so badly that they would set speed records getting to the cash-in location. Not everyone would, but a significant portion certainly would. The individual would net a decent ROI on a paltry amount (less time and aggravation), the bank would make a nice profit on spreads and fees, and CBI bolstered their position in the world markets. Soon thereafter they increase again and another percentage of the masses will duplicate the cycle. GOI/CBI cash reserve/inflation/economy is looking better all the time. Over the course of time, perhaps two to three years, as the value increases there is a point where each level of investors determines the time to cash in. Only those of us who did not purchase IQD out of desparation will hold out for the greatest potential gains and I suspect that this will be the least percentage of persons. Iraq saves face and everyone makes a little something while strengthening Iraq's position in the world market-place. Like I said, it's just my opinion, but it IS a glass half full scenario and it makes sense to me. Your mind is yours to make up for yourself and someone is going to be fairly close to correct. I'm happy with my thoughts about the whole fiasco and think there is some money to be made on the ISX as well. Peace. B)

• Upvote 1

Listen, friend, I have read a very significant number of your posts and I know you obviously are of above average intelligence. This article speaks volumes to me with regard to the intent to raise the zeroes and it goes back to a discourse here on DV about potential value. It would do absolutely no good for the CBI/GOI to "raise the zeroes" without raising the value and the exchange rate of the IQD. I must, must, must look at this from a glass half full perspective. GOI can do anything they want regarding the way they position themselves among trade partners and potential trade partners, but it makes no sense to me to think they would just screw the eyes out of every company and nation that has invested time and resources to bring Iraq out of the dark age of Sadaam. I cannot see it that way.

Here's what I think (JUST MY OPINION to all reading this), it seems most logical that there will be a managed float. By and large, we who hold millions of IQD are the exception and not the rule. Many people bought a few hundred thousand to a couple of million. Many of those bought out of desparation and they will cash in at the first sign of a profit. Say for instance, a penny... IQD RV's to $.01USD: An initial outlay of about $1,000.00 USD becomes $10,000.00 (pre-tax) USD. There is an awful lot of people out there that could use an extra couple of thousand dollars so badly that they would set speed records getting to the cash-in location. Not everyone would, but a significant portion certainly would. The individual would net a decent ROI on a paltry amount (less time and aggravation), the bank would make a nice profit on spreads and fees, and CBI bolstered their position in the world markets. Soon thereafter they increase again and another percentage of the masses will duplicate the cycle. GOI/CBI cash reserve/inflation/economy is looking better all the time. Over the course of time, perhaps two to three years, as the value increases there is a point where each level of investors determines the time to cash in. Only those of us who did not purchase IQD out of desparation will hold out for the greatest potential gains and I suspect that this will be the least percentage of persons. Iraq saves face and everyone makes a little something while strengthening Iraq's position in the world market-place. Like I said, it's just my opinion, but it IS a glass half full scenario and it makes sense to me. Your mind is yours to make up for yourself and someone is going to be fairly close to correct. I'm happy with my thoughts about the whole fiasco and think there is some money to be made on the ISX as well. Peace. B)

I think you are absolutely correct in your opinion. An RV to .01 would be fine with me and I agree it would probably benifit Iraq more than a RD. All I was pointing out was that they continue to threaten a RD and this article proves it. I do disagree that Iraq would be screwing the eyes out of anyone by a RD. It is a nuetral exchange and no one would lose money. I personally dont believe that companies and nations are expecting Iraq to RV their currency by 1000 times. That has never happened in history. I wish it would happen but I have still yet to see how it would be possible. I stand with you as far as .01 or even .10 goes and hope that is the outcome but articles like these dont build confidence.

• Upvote 1

An RD does not screw anyone, the value of everything remains the same.

I'd question the amounts, but the managed float plan is basically what any country that pegs its currency is likely to do now and then (kuwait has made several small adjustments over the years). The value of the dinar will grow if GDP grows faster then the money supply and for a rapidly developing country that could certainly be the case. This is true whether or not they RD. The problem with changing the value of the dinar from 1200 IQD/ dollar to say 1:1 over 5 years is that such constant change makes import/export difficult, foreign contracts and prices of foreign goods constantly are changing and they can not possibly jump to $1 to 1IQD overnight. An RD gets them the same exchange level right away and keeps prices stable. So they might drop the current dinar to say an even 1000 IQD/dollar, and RD so new dinars are = 1$ or 1,000 old dinars. That is alas how I think it will go. Over the years the new dinar may rise from $1 to $2 or $3, but a 3x growth over the years is a lot easier for business then a 3000x over the same time.

I am in agreement with you except I think that they will come out at around .85,

Zab,

I have searched the database, and can't find what I believe I read.

So, I will concede and admit I can't produce an article where he comes right out with the specifics.

We will have to see where this flurry of press releases lead...

Hello Dalite' i love reading your posts on here just looked through all i have saved and came across this one i think i posted it in its entirity a couple of months ago on here this is from dec 2010 the meeting min,s with shabbi in attendence speaking at the meeting donnt know if this is the one your looking for but here is the only one i have . :)

Mr. Sinan Shibib (Central Bank) -

questions really very important and some of them directly related to the work of the Central Bank and the Department could clarify. On the issue of the deletion of zeros that have been raised, we are of course at the Central Bank there is a decision in this case, but the timing of this resolution, something did not specify because it is not an issue of deleting zeros only and is not an issue for the Central Bank in particular because it requires conditions dolly by the state in general and the kind of stability in the the truth, so we are waiting for that time that we identify, on the occasion of coming, God willing. The other cases there are things within Alsilh concerning the relationship with banks and the relationship between banks and also the Central Bank's relationship variables Kalaanaati college or cover and the like, I can not go into the details of all the questions but, God willing, if not Tenbhnni answer some questions in this area. The main issue in fact on the issue of the reserve, the reserve or the so-called cover currency is it enough? These issues I should be clear that we as a result of the direct relationship with the government and especially the Ministry of Finance because it is in fact mainly comes this reserve request of the Ministry of Finance or the government's request for the Iraqi dinar which is produced by the Central Bank, the central bank product of the Iraqi currency, so the demand comes mainly from the Ministry of Finance. The question really about the size of the reserve is also asking the government and also the Central Bank not only because this issue is essential. This reserve is important in supporting the currency in circulation, some people say that the Central Bank reserves should be calculated in relation to how much you absorb this reserve? In fact this concept is largely wrong, because central bank money is not used in the import. Reserve to what degree covers the Iraqi currency in circulation and trading means trading with our own hands and at banks within the so-called balance sheet of the Central Bank, so you must be a level of reserves covered this issue if the affected Reserve because of the reasons or influenced by the cover for some reason you must go back to currency trading, see What we have to return the balance to this issue? The issue of balance and this has resulted mainly due to the reserve request of the Ministry of Finance of the Iraqi dinar against this and give us the dollar and the dollar becomes a reserve and the government put the dinar, which took us to the market. Many questions concerning the problems of banks and there is no doubt that we are followers of these issues, the problems of the banks section of which hinder a large part of them as a result of our policies and entered into many commitments did not have the kind of study for these obligations and their effects, I want to point out though that we must support these banks, but I would like to clarify something in this area that the central bank responsible for monetary policy, monetary policy is the policy of total and college, this policy launched by the central bank signals to the banking sector and in the light moving banks. Central Bank is not responsible about the way the great interest rate Takhdhuh in the market for what? Because the central bank determines the price of monetary policy is the interest rate or discount rate at the central bank, determine the price and give it to banks and banks are determined by the prices at which deals with the public, again I say that the central bank does not deal with the public, with due respect for the public certainly, but banks are dealing with the public, which sets policies or the level of interest rates, but we are at the same time give the border, and there occurs a lot of seminars and a lot of contacts with banks and show them that this is true and this is wrong, so we put the policies they carry out these policies and not implement these policies? Of course, we record it points in the evaluation, the overall atmosphere in the so-called liberalization of the interest rate on the level of banks, we are for us the interest rate and one, we are market policy, so this issue should be clear. There are some questions raised about the old currency and category (25,000), I hope to be clear to the brothers that the process of replacing the currency that took place had a certain time and this time was to achieve his study and announced that in fact a breach of these appointments make the kind of imbalance in the money supply and when disrupted the supply of money becomes a direct price effect of central bank official to make this issue with due respect to the requests in this matter is that this issue because it is essential that the replacement has already happened and happened in a certain period and part of the discipline in monetary policy is to preserve this period. On other issues, such as auction of supply and demand of foreign currency, in fact, is an essential means to maintain balance and to maintain exchange rate stability.

- MP Mohammed's successor Darraji (point system): -

Article (37) First, the rules of procedure of the House of Representatives says (is the Presidential Commission of the agenda of the House of Representatives Weekly coordination with the heads of relevant committees and the distribution or communication to members before the first meeting weekly at least two days ) and this did not happen today.

- MP Osama Abdel Aziz Mohammad Najafi (House Speaker): -

this has happened and Usera table in the last session with the addition of the presence of the governor and distributed to MPs on Wednesday.

- MP Mohammed's successor Darraji (point system): -

I think the brothers did not receive. Article (41) also says (speaking member of the meeting with permission from the President and the President determine the duration of time to talk member may not speak more than the time allowed and may not speak more than twice in the same subject unless authorized Chair, etc.), did not give the article (41) the right of Mr. President of the House of Representatives not to receive questions, cut, sufficiency questions because any deputy must give his opinion and if the time does not permit it is possible to postpone it to another time and we have heard now of the following decisions that the President stopped short of receipt of the questions with the knowledge that we Given the role of our questions and gave the papers written.

- MP Osama Abdel-Aziz al-Najafi, Mohammad (House Speaker): -

have I received the names of those who seek modern and we have time for each speaker and gave a full hour was not running afoul of the system. A point of order is incorrect.

- Mr. Sinan Shibib (Governor of the Central Bank): -

There is also a question regarding an auction in foreign currency and the issue of the independence of the Central Bank. What I want to Ibanh also we, the auction of foreign currency which is the demand that comes from banks or commercial banks and the supply comes from the Central Bank and the main point that we have succeeded by largely because of this demand is reflected in the consumer goods that the central bank meets this request by a full (100% ) because it did not allow the central bank to create another market and therefore when we talk about the fight against inflation and the success of the Central Bank in the fight against inflation is, in fact, because the central bank managed the existence of large reserves that corresponds to this request a day in order to maintain the price level and maintaining the flow of goods. I'm sorry I can not go to the questions in sequence.

Ladies and Gentlemen of Representatives and asked questions, names known I hope that traffic to all of them and if not enough time is possible that there will be another opportunity to complete the answers, but not neglect any questions.

- Mr. Sinan Shibib (Central Bank): -

with respect to the question on the global crisis, there is no doubt that this issue is very important, but in fact impact the primary we have become in Iraq, which is reflected is when I got the crisis in 2007, there issues related to a decrease oil and the effect was a commercial-class infrastructure and its impact on Iraq was part of the price of oil even essential, but there is a positive impact with respect, because the Iraqi market is now better than the other later in the evolution of oil prices, the Iraqi market is a promising market for investment and the Iraqi market more developed than others Investment in the reception, so there is a positive impact of this crisis and there is a negative impact initially on oil prices. There is another question, the results of the investigation of the events that took place on the central bank, I want to clarify that for our work in the Central Bank was not affected at all in fact re-direct all the work and orderly, and to data or loss of I reassured many of the brothers here that the data did not lose if the partition that burned part of them we have the relations intensively with the world and internally with the banks and we have relations intensively with the International Monetary Fund and we have relationships with the bank facilities International and the World Bank and all of them in fact indicated the willingness if we lost some data, it is possible the fact that being treated this subject so in fact, work is not delayed and the data has been counted and continued in addition to that we had a lot of means of storage of such data and assured the brothers that what we read in the newspapers is always not the truth always, and not accurate, I can call my colleagues also really help in this matter.

- MP Osama Abdel-Aziz al-Najafi, Mohammad (House Speaker): -

Sudanese MP Nada says he did not distribute the paper work schedule and where to host the Governor of the Bank. I asked the Director of Information Department Burmese and confirmed that it had distributed inside the hall during the session and Wednesday during the hearing others, and distributed it and there it was.

the issue of opening of bank branches, for example question was one of the brothers is to open a branch of City NBA in Dahuk, this case involved the bank itself if the leave is considering such leave and the central bank always has the written recommendations to the banks about spreading the banking and there is no doubt about it, the issue raised in the fact of the matter is a case involving banks themselves because the are supposed to provide leave in this the region and studying the issue of Dohuk or Duhok, we in fact give them indicators in general and that it is possible to be deployed in the economic sector and in all areas as a whole. There were questions about the dollar peg and the interest of the Islamic Dr. Haidar, we in fact there was about the attribution of the Iraqi economy in general, I believe that the central bank assigns the Iraqi economy significantly, we have provided in fact, this stability for investors, the central bank has provided price stability and predictability price stability and the stability of the exchange rate and the payment system between banks and between the state and foreign banks, this case stability, an important and essential, and should the real sector, whether government or private sector of agriculture or industry or trade, the proper environment provided by the Central Bank and others to exploit of the owners of the real sector, I I do not want to be much discussion on this subject but this is the monetary and financial stability and price because of the power reserve is located in the central bank and this is something essential and open and save the way of development and reconstruction. Iraqi or foreign investor does not think the fact the subject of the exchange rate.

- MP Osama al-Najafi, Mohammad Abdul Aziz (head of the House of Representatives): -

There are fundamental questions about the requests of the Government to borrow from the central bank, does this law allows the bank? What are the alternatives to meet the budget deficit? This question is important because it will present the budget after days and will be the House's decision in this regard.

Central Bank is aware that the government needs the funds for development and the budget but at the same time, this case involves the issue of budget formulation and expenditure also requests the ministries . The main issue here to go back to the budget itself and says that it is the revenue and expenditure were estimated well. The issue of lending, of course to the central bank this is prohibited by its law, because the central bank according to its law does not lend to the government and offers environmentally appropriate, when it provides the Central Bank of stability in prices and the stability of the exchange rate this is something very important for the government to take its decisions, so the central bank has no right to lending, but can provide this very important way for the government in making decisions. The fundamental issue here that you must get in this area that when there is a deficit and this of course expected, and we do not hope that there are many ways to finance this deficit, for example issues of borrowing from the market and issues related to the issuance of transfers treasury, which could be the central bank is supervised and managed in order to provide the resources budget and the central bank in this case it could cooperate to the fullest with the government to resolve the issue whether domestic borrowing or borrowing from abroad, this case was important and could be the central bank to integrate with and cooperate with the government, which is always a collaborator in this case, the direct debit from the funds of the Central Bank or the cover of the Central Bank is in fact cut off from the cover, then should we meet deductibility of money in circulation because it is the reserve money in circulation.

- MP Osama Abdul-Aziz Mohammed Najafi (House Speaker): -

the rule of the conservative idea did not reach the MPs, please clarify the issue precisely because there is a kind of mystery.

with respect to this particular point in the reserves or the truth of what we call the cover of the currency.

- MP Osama al-Najafi, Mohammad Abdul Aziz (head of the House of Representatives) -

the rule of the governor to be more simplified language because a section of the MPs is competent in the subject monetary and financial system.

in fact when I mentioned how this reserve is made ​​up? Consists of a result from the sale of the Central Bank of his product key is the money to the government and the government give dollars and the dollar becomes the central bank in its balance sheet, in fact, this fundamental issue with regard to the existing reserve duty is primarily to protect the exchange rate volatility and the rapid intervention of the world if was the exchange rate to shocks and thus to influence the exchange rate, the parameters of stability is in fact essential in this area Lnh We use this and this reserve in order to maintain this stability and this happens every day, words, the auction process be funded from the reserve we have in the banking world, so This is used daily in order to maintain stability on the actual day. We are a Central Bank May I ask the brothers to know as an institution that short-term deal in the short term, so we are dealing stabilizing daily, we meet the demand for foreign currency or demand for the dollar and we encounter (100%) and this basis to achieve this stability. This is indeed a key issue and this is achieved, as reported each day and bring stability to a large degree in the economy and thus help in the development process.

possible to complete after the break because this issue is important and must be answered all the questions I summarize and collect and similar questions as possible to finish in a short time after the break.

The meeting rose at the break time (12:25) noon

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& islands follows the second

Maybe, maybe not. I've seen nothing to indicate the Kuwait/Iraq 'issues' would prevent the creation of their new currency and its roll out. I've read pretty much everything pertaining to the IQD and Kuwait and have seen nothing to tie it to the remaining Ch7 resolutions. If it IS related, I've yet to see anything to support that.

For those of you who have for the last 6 weeks beat yourself up over Iraq not being out of Chapter 7 watch the UN security briefing on Iraq in this post it clearly states all sanctions were lifted, the census of the people is done which means HCL was done and Erbil was agreed on as of June 30th which was their deadline and tells you that Iraq is a Sovereign Nation, wow, you people talk about all the redundant recycled articles which are easy to pick off and the Rumor mill as well as the Gurus crap but you ignore the important things like who put the sanctions on them to begin with the UN, IMF, and USA with the help of the other countries of the world!!

UN Webcast July 19th, 2011

• Upvote 3

For those of you who have for the last 6 weeks beat yourself up over Iraq not being out of Chapter 7 watch the UN security briefing on Iraq in this post it clearly states all sanctions were lifted, the census of the people is done which means HCL was done and Erbil was agreed on as of June 30th which was their deadline and tells you that Iraq is a Sovereign Nation, wow, you people talk about all the redundant recycled articles which are easy to pick off and the Rumor mill as well as the Gurus crap but you ignore the important things like who put the sanctions on them to begin with the UN, IMF, and USA with the help of the other countries of the world!!

UN Webcast July 19th, 2011

I am not beating myself up at all. I know EXACTLY which Resolutions are still open (the actual number) and EXACTLY which articles within each of those Resolutions are still pending.

As to the rest, you might want to listen to Envoy Melkert's report to the UNSC on July 19, read the quarterly reports to the UN, and the most recent news re Kuwait issues, Kurdistan issues, UNAMI reports....

FYI, I have transcribed the entire report Iraq Envoy Melkert gave to the UNSC on July 19 - word for word. No where does he state ALL the sanctions were lifted.... He also CLEARLY states the census is not done and UNAMI is needed to assist.

Not all Ch7 sanctions are lifted

Census is not done, which requires Article 140 to be complete

Article 140 is not done

Several portions of the HCL are not done

The Erbil Agreement WAS agreed on AND signed Dec 2010. Maliki has reneged on several parts of the 19 items.

Iraq IS a sovereign nation as of Dec 2010 when the majority of Ch7 sanctions were lifted. Those pertaining to trade, commerce and development.

I am rarely rude, but your attack causes me to wallow in the gutter with you....

Before you open your mouth and insert BOTH feet, you might want to actually READ documents and news articles, instead of listening to others speculate and analyze what they think they know. I read in 4 languages and retranslate most articles into languages OTHER than English. The articles translated into English are skewed - even comical at times. When translated into other languages, they are very clear.

Rather than attack those of us who bring info to the table that is NOT analyzed, or speculated on, how about supporting your bold statements with something factual...such as a document or an article or two?

If you care to be civil and discuss your thoughts and/or feelings in a courteous manner, I will be more than happy to respond. Further attacks will result in your being ignored. My reputation on these boards sets a precedence. I try to help. I do not attack ANYONE.

Ball is in your court my friend....

Edited by BlueOrchid919
  • Upvote 7

An RD does not screw anyone, the value of everything remains the same.

I'd question the amounts,.. An RD gets them the same exchange level right away and keeps prices stable. So they might drop the current dinar to say an even 1000 IQD/dollar, and RD so new dinars are = 1$ or 1,000 old dinars. That is alas how I think it will go. Over the years the new dinar may rise from $1 to $2 or $3, but a 3x growth over the years is a lot easier for business then a 3000x over the same time.

Surely my synopsis was lacking. We don't have a disagreement. the numbers I threw out were generalizations to illustrate my thoughts on the matter. My general feeling is that net neutral change is largely an accounting mechanism and does nothing for the people who desparately need their currency to rise in value. It makes sense to me that either scenario has it's pitfalls. An outright RV puts GOI on the hook for huge sums of money, which I do not think would be practical from their standpoint. Maybe you are correct, but it sure rubs me the wrong way to think we would be required to wait 2 - 5 more years before we realize a profit, with heavy emphasis on the possibility that there could be a point where the larger denominations would be deemed superceded and defunct; to be a mere collectors item. That is the basis of my "screw" comment. As long as they do not declare the large denominations valueless at some point I'll be content to wait them out. It's the unknown part of this that makes me crazy. B)

there WON'T be any waiting period as mentioned , simply because the Iraqi People as well as investors would not stand for it. The currency needs and will move up in value as to protect their economy and if nothing else to get their country re-built and make life for the people as it should be, or they face a total up rising as seen in Egypt. Jmopt {. Just my own personal thoughts. }

there WON'T be any waiting period as mentioned , simply because the Iraqi People as well as investors would not stand for it. The currency needs and will move up in value as to protect their economy and if nothing else to get their country re-built and make life for the people as it should be, or they face a total up rising as seen in Egypt. Jmopt {. Just my own personal thoughts. }

I don't know that this isn't an oversimplification of the circumstances. It is true that the people need to experience an increase of financial status, but we have to remember that not one of us who has never lived under the oppression of a dictatorial regime can understand the prevailing mentality of the Iraqi people. I'm not so sure that they don't awaken every day with gut level suspicion of their government and let us not forget that Nouri Al Maliki rules with a dictatorial flair...

Rebuilding their country? Many Iraqi's have lived under abject poverty for so long they may be likened to the circus elephant that we all know could easily break the chain which restricts his movements. It is not his lack of ability to break out. It is his lack of confidence in the ability to do so. After all, he was chained when he could NOT break the chain. Now he simply does not know that he is able... Total uprising? That is a speculative and subjective opinion. They may, perhaps. Perhaps not. Only an uprising would prove it. B)

• Upvote 1

I am not beating myself up at all. I know EXACTLY which Resolutions are still open (the actual number) and EXACTLY which articles within each of those Resolutions are still pending.

As to the rest, you might want to listen to Envoy Melkert's report to the UNSC on July 19, read the quarterly reports to the UN, and the most recent news re Kuwait issues, Kurdistan issues, UNAMI reports....

FYI, I have transcribed the entire report Iraq Envoy Melkert gave to the UNSC on July 19 - word for word. No where does he state ALL the sanctions were lifted.... He also CLEARLY states the census is not done and UNAMI is needed to assist.

Not all Ch7 sanctions are lifted

Census is not done, which requires Article 140 to be complete

Article 140 is not done

Several portions of the HCL are not done

The Erbil Agreement WAS agreed on AND signed Dec 2010. Maliki has reneged on several parts of the 19 items.

Iraq IS a sovereign nation as of Dec 2010 when the majority of Ch7 sanctions were lifted. Those pertaining to trade, commerce and development.

I am rarely rude, but your attack causes me to wallow in the gutter with you....

Before you open your mouth and insert BOTH feet, you might want to actually READ documents and news articles, instead of listening to others speculate and analyze what they think they know. I read in 4 languages and retranslate most articles into languages OTHER than English. The articles translated into English are skewed - even comical at times. When translated into other languages, they are very clear.

Rather than attack those of us who bring info to the table that is NOT analyzed, or speculated on, how about supporting your bold statements with something factual...such as a document or an article or two?

If you care to be civil and discuss your thoughts and/or feelings in a courteous manner, I will be more than happy to respond. Further attacks will result in your being ignored. My reputation on these boards sets a precedence. I try to help. I do not attack ANYONE.

Ball is in your court my friend....

With regards to you saying I attacked you, you actually weren't the one who said they were in ch. 7 I was responding to a multi-quote and I obviously did it wrong. I apologize for that.

Now I did provide a link to a 42 minute United Nations Briefing which I believe somewhere at the 12 minute mark of the video it states the remaining sanctions are lifted as Iraq met all requirements which previously remained.

On the other hand you who did call me out told of your research but failed to provide links to any proof.

here's a link of a CC that puts it on blast that your wrong and the census of the population is done.

you can't deny the proof of truth!

and oh one more link of another conference call that proves the HCL is done, Erbil is done, and even the concerns of the Port of Mubarek are all done. I do my homework and research too unfortunately I don't log the things I read myself when someone else already has or I would have them all out there rather than you having to listen to the articles being read.

Proof, and more Proof

Oh and one more thing Maliki can reneg all he wants his signature is on the document already, and they have been implementing the Erbil agreement already and ratifying it. HCL has been done otherwise they wouldn't be making amendments to it. You can't amend or ratify something that doesn't exist and has not been completed already once!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thank you STDW.

I do not rely on conference calls. They are often, if not always, inaccurate.

We've been lopped. At least we're not as dumb as those poor fools who follow Okie Oil man (on another site) whe think this is still a "golden ticket". If you get a minor RV after the lop, perhaps you can still make a few bucks.

That's what I'm hoping. :D

Maybe even more than a few bucks....

:twothumbs:

Edited by BlueOrchid919

Surely my synopsis was lacking. We don't have a disagreement. the numbers I threw out were generalizations to illustrate my thoughts on the matter. My general feeling is that net neutral change is largely an accounting mechanism and does nothing for the people who desparately need their currency to rise in value. It makes sense to me that either scenario has it's pitfalls. An outright RV puts GOI on the hook for huge sums of money, which I do not think would be practical from their standpoint. Maybe you are correct, but it sure rubs me the wrong way to think we would be required to wait 2 - 5 more years before we realize a profit, with heavy emphasis on the possibility that there could be a point where the larger denominations would be deemed superceded and defunct; to be a mere collectors item. That is the basis of my "screw" comment. As long as they do not declare the large denominations valueless at some point I'll be content to wait them out. It's the unknown part of this that makes me crazy. B)

I don't see how the 000s current currency can be superseded without a method to trade in for the new currency, so I don't think that is a concern. When this happens the dealers will be happy to take yet another cut to exchange your currency! I'd be very happy if they RV to .01, but I think that is unlikely and I see no way that can it be higher out of the gate. Wait 5 years, then maybe.

I don't see how the 000s current currency can be superseded without a method to trade in for the new currency, so I don't think that is a concern. When this happens the dealers will be happy to take yet another cut to exchange your currency! I'd be very happy if they RV to .01, but I think that is unlikely and I see no way that can it be higher out of the gate. Wait 5 years, then maybe.

Interesting enough, Shabibi said he is going to introduce a 100,000 dinar note for the banks to use internally just like the other 000's notes would be used for large transactions. As far as .01 this is my conjecture and speculation, it would be impossible to agree with this number or any number less than 1 to 1 due to the sure factor alone their budget and contracts wouldn't support a number that low it would be considered fraud, and Shabibi is not dumb he's going to come out somewhere in the neighborhood of Kuwait to be fair to them when it comes to a port for trade where would you stop to sell your goods and be taxed if you had a country with a currency worth .10 or less or one worth 3.664 which import tax would you pay? Definitely not Kuwait's at 3.664 I'd go a few miles to the other side and hit up Iraq where I would pay close to nothing to import my goods and make a hefty profit, it's just common sense at that point to realize the speculating a rate is not worth it cause there are many more factors than we know about. it's safe to say within 20% up or down from what Kuwait's rate is at the time is what it has to be as to not violate them and make their import and trade industry suffer tremendously.

The US is not involved in the redenomination.

As for documents and/or statements from the CBI, they've been posted all over this board and several other boards.

I'll try to find the time to post them again, but a simple search in the various forums will bring you results.

Here's the current Strategic Plan: http://www.iauiraq.org/documents/1159/ndp24th.pdf

Here's a source of CBI statements: http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/tag/revaluation/

Let your fingers do the walking. Google is a great resource for you to start doing your own digging. There are literally dozens and dozens of RD news articles on all of the main dinar forums. Take some notes, then you can add to them as more news comes out. I've done my homework reading hundreds of hours of news, reports, and viewing videos. It is time consuming, but very enlightening.

;)

Blueorchid, do you have your transcription of that July 19 meeting written down in a format you can copy and paste? I would LOVE to have a copy of it because I need something concrete to send to a contact of mine and this would be a PERFECT document to debate. It is just difficult to debate an audio file because I can't stop and interject comments in the middle of the audio.

Edited by acceb75