Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WELLS FARGO PRIVATE BANKER APPOINTMENT

stetson145

You should better wonder how many second or third cousins by marriage are holding dinar for the bank employees. I tried to give some to a friend who is head teller at our bank, a good friend, and just a gift thta could go big or not so big and be a surprise for her. She had to give it back. Cannot own dinar ... wven though it isn't trading. Although, I do have fancy sample pack that are condsidered collectors' items and I can giver her one of them. So I did. And told her when it RVs I'll pay her the RV price for it so she can keep the souvenir pack. I know. I am to generous somtimes.

But I do know they cannot just go out and buy dinar when they have heard about it through the banking system. I know there are some exceptions, but don't know what they are.

:)

smee2

So sorry It took this long to get this post out...I promised to let those of you who may be interested, know what information I received at my WF appointment on

Tuesday. I have been waiting for a return call from the Branch Manager I originally spoke with on Saturday, so I could verify some info I shared with you in my first

post. That call came this morning and I will share that information shortly. First, my appointment with the Private Banker put a little different spin on WF and the

Iraqi dinar for me. After he told me what WF could offer me in the way of services after the RV, we discussed the dinar investment. He said that at WF it has been

policy to always caution customers against purchasing Iraqi Dinar as an investment. Then over the last couple of months he has received 3 or 4 memos stating that

they are to begin keeping track of all their customers who have Dinar. At least at his level of Private banking. It wasn't all I had hoped for, but I thought, it was better

than the negative comments we'd been hearing for so many months!! I came home a bit disenchanted, and left a message for the Branch Mgr. to call me. That call

came this morning. I wanted to be certain I had not misunderstood what was said on Saturday in our conversation. I promised you an honest report, be it positive,

negative or somewhere in between. He remembered our talk very well and agreed with everything we had discussed re: the dinar. He did clarify one point. When

he told me, as I reported, (It's going to happen "sooner rather than later"), it was because he is personally looking into the Dinar. This is "not" an official position of

WF bank!!! He's doing his own research and has become a big believer, as are a few other people in the bank such as the other gentleman he introduced me to.

(Because of the enthusiasm I have to wonder if some of them might have dinar??) I also received a call back from a Private Banker at (J.P.Morgan Chase). The

story was much the same. I was impressed with this lady as she was very professional...it was a joy talking with her. Once again, there was no put down of the

Dinar investment. Though the bank is not "yet" (was emphasized), taking a position, she has several already established clients who have dinar, and she has

personally looked into it. So folks, at the very least we are seeing a bit of a twist in this story...We seem to be making believers out of some of our bankers!!!

With all our persistence in asking questions at our banks, I wonder how many bank employees around the country now have dinar???

Stetson,

Thank you for keeping your promises and keeping us informed of your encounters. I find it somewhat interesting that WF would ask them to now keep track of their customers who own dinar. What would be the purpose of that? I also think the number of bankers that own dinar is only going to grow the longer it takes for Iraq to do something with their currency. In fact, the longer it takes, the more people will invest in the dinar, so Iraq better do something soon, IMO.

Thanks again,

Kimberlye B)

P.S. Stetson, I'm curious, as a result of your conversations, are you encouraged or discouraged about the dinar investment now?

Edited by Kimberlye

THESE BANK STORIES ARE KILLING ME THEY GET FUNNY AND JUST PLAIN DOWN RIGHT CRAZY EVERY TIME I READ THEM,, AGAIN THERE IS NOT BANK IN THE USA THAT HAS ANY IMPUT IN THE DINAR, NOT UNTIL THEY RV, HECK CBI DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHEN THIS IS GOING TO BE RELEASED NOT UNTIL MY BOY SHABIBI PULLS THE TRIGGER. :lol:

Edited by mrref
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

If the banks started telling folks to buy dinars...what else could the bank make a profit from, so as to make enough fees to stay afloat....I mean hey, if people went into dinars versus C.D.'s, Stocks, Bonds, Annuities, Hedge Funds, and even ETF's, etc...how would the bank's and/or their (fee-based-paid/from each transaction)... financial advisors that represent the same...survive?.....What I find strange is how some banks employees have told some folks that the dinar is a scam...while some of these banks were even selling it....and like one guy just said above...why are'nt they warning people about other currencies when folks come in to buy those...because, if that be the case...what about folks that have bought Euro's, Yen's, etc...and the next day some of these have took a large depreciating hit/loss at times...The dinar has'nt went down in 8 years...are these folks RETARDED???

You should better wonder how many second or third cousins by marriage are holding dinar for the bank employees. I tried to give some to a friend who is head teller at our bank, a good friend, and just a gift thta could go big or not so big and be a surprise for her. She had to give it back. Cannot own dinar ... wven though it isn't trading. Although, I do have fancy sample pack that are condsidered collectors' items and I can giver her one of them. So I did. And told her when it RVs I'll pay her the RV price for it so she can keep the souvenir pack. I know. I am to generous somtimes.

But I do know they cannot just go out and buy dinar when they have heard about it through the banking system. I know there are some exceptions, but don't know what they are.

:)

smee2

Why can't a bank employee own dinar? Who would even know? They can buy and cash in anywhere.

I mean no disrespect, but I am at a loss as to what this information means to us, as IQD investors. We believe in the investment, and for the most part, we believe that some type of revision of the IQD will take place.

What the tellers and bank managers think about this investment means nothing. According to your own conversation, their interest is just like ours as people, not a bank. if you have read any Iraqi news regarding the country, politics, personalities such as Talabani, Barzani, Maliki, Alawi, UN, Chapter 7, Erbil, HCL, Port of Mubarack, NCSC, etc., you can see this is a very complex issue. Does anyone really think that &10 an hour tellers and $12 an hour bank managers have a hot line to RV?

Keeping a tally of dinar owners? Wow. I would like to see those memos.

This type of information is a continuation of the soap opera mentality that goes on. It is very easy to read this crap and try to plan your life around it. If you really want to know what is going on, study the news. I know, it is a lot of work, and you have to use your noodle, but you will actually know what is going on.

This type of information means nothing.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Seriously, as all intentions to gain info may be good... it is a pure waste of your time, and the bankers'. There is no new information here... and it is simple common sense that there will be none. Read every thread about bank stories and they all carry the same theme of information... they do not know. :)

• Upvote 2

Since when are bank employees not allowed to hold dinar? When I went to the Fifth/Third bank to buy dinar in March I had to first open a savings account in order to purchase. There were only two tellers and two customer service reps and I was the only customer in there. We were all talking openly and joking about the dinar as they were all four somewhat invested. I have not been back since because they were told to stop selling dinar when I had the money to purchase more.

The really interesting thing was I got a call from my customer service person on my cell phone at seven p.pm. last Tues. night and I was super excited.....she said she remembered me buying dinars too! Unfortunately, there was no new news to share she just wanted to check in on me and see how things were going which seemed a little fishy to me.......after hours on my cell phone after 4 months had passed and remembering dinars? We agreed to keep each other informed and by the way they have no amber or green screens at her location............

No bank is telling or anyone else is saying "Iraq's currency is a scam" What they are saying is, the implication that someone will make Billions off a few hundred dollar investment is a Scam way of selling it

If the Banks were telling you that "if you pay $1000 for this dinar now it could one day be worth $3.8million" they would be scamming their customers...

Obviously the Physical currency itself isn't a Scam, its back by a central bank....But anyone implying it will EVER be worth more then it is right now, trying to sell you something, is a scammer

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I can't see how an employee couldn't hold... They could purchase through 3rd party sources and if it were to R/V high enough; 1. Quit their job on the spot 2. Put in a notice 3. Deposit funds with a different bank and continue working. 4. Deposit funds within their own bank and explain what happened as you sit back and wait to see how it is handled.

At best, it must just be a company policy... Which, seems far-fetched and rather extreme in my opinion.

I can't see how an employee couldn't hold... They could purchase through 3rd party sources and if it were to R/V high enough; 1. Quit their job on the spot 2. Put in a notice 3. Deposit funds with a different bank and continue working. 4. Deposit funds within their own bank and explain what happened as you sit back and wait to see how it is handled.

At best, it must just be a company policy... Which, seems far-fetched and rather extreme in my opinion.

As long as the Employee doesn't recieve Private company information that it will be growing, or shrinking in value...then they have no reason they can't own it....If they had, it would be sorta like insider trading....But lets be honest.....No one has recieved inside information about the Dinar...Especially Bank Tellers, it would be like the McDonalds cook selling stock tips from the corporate headquarters....they just don't have that kinda information...even if it did exist

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why can't a banker own dinar? It makes no sense when a Walmart employee can own shares of stock. Or am I not comparing apples to apples. Thanks.

You are right. Telling a bank employee they can't own foreign currency is like telling people working on Wall Street, that they can not own stock.

Since when are bank employees not allowed to hold dinar? When I went to the Fifth/Third bank to buy dinar in March I had to first open a savings account in order to purchase. There were only two tellers and two customer service reps and I was the only customer in there. We were all talking openly and joking about the dinar as they were all four somewhat invested. I have not been back since because they were told to stop selling dinar when I had the money to purchase more.

The really interesting thing was I got a call from my customer service person on my cell phone at seven p.pm. last Tues. night and I was super excited.....she said she remembered me buying dinars too! Unfortunately, there was no new news to share she just wanted to check in on me and see how things were going which seemed a little fishy to me.......after hours on my cell phone after 4 months had passed and remembering dinars? We agreed to keep each other informed and by the way they have no amber or green screens at her location............

I also purchased several times from fifth/third for myself and some friends and one of the tellers told me she had dinars while another said he was thinking of getting some. We were speaking openly as it was slow and no other customers were in there at the time. Nothing about not being able to get some for themselves. I also spoke with a bank employee from another back on unrelated business and somehow we got on the dinar. He knew nothing about it but was telling me he was starting to research it and may purchase some for himself. Don't know if he did as I haven't spoken to him since. All in all, they are just like the rest of us. They have dreams of this bringing them some financial relief but no intel or anything more than the rest of us.

GO RV! :D:D

A bank employee has "privacy" rights like the rest of US citizens...how will "the monitor of dinar" know that an employee has bought any? There are so many ways to purchase dinar without going through a bank. Now cashing in might be another story, but with enough dinar, the bank employee can "quit" his/her job and become another instant dinar "milloinaire". In that case, I am sure the banks would fight to have them as a customer.