Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki's announcment this evening - Alsumaria News

Ghost Rider

Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, on Thursday, is not convinced the Council of strategic policies at a time when the state of the feminine, considering that the Council is the issue of Ardaúah and does not have any role in solutions that hinder the political process. Maliki said in an interview on satellite Sumerian through a program will be broadcast this evening, said that "an institution (Council policy strategy) will not be more than an advisory status is heading to the feminine state, I do not think it should be," asserting that "the lack of conviction of this board and especially with the atmosphere of a solution slack in the institutions of the state." Maliki said "As long as we had agreed on the Council there was no resolution between compatible to cancel, we will go in, but it meets the constitutional," adding that "this Council is the issue of Ardaúah and does not have any role in solutions that hinder the political process." Maliki said that "if there the seriousness of the sponsors of the Council away from other goals, also subject to contribute to and provide visions of economic and political that go to the constitutional institutions to be discussed in light of the realities found, "noting that" the benefit of this Council will not be the size of the problem raised him. " The MP for the coalition of state law Hossein Asadi threatened, earlier in the day (08/11/2011), by resorting to the Federal Court if the vote on the Council of strategic policies, and among some Iraqi MPs and the national and Kurdish coalitions argue that contrary to the Constitution of the Council, considered that the vote marks the end of democracy. also announced that the Kurdistan Alliance bloc, the House of Representatives voted in principle to the law of the Council policy strategy, while confirming that the political blocs, a condition not to oppose the provisions of the Iraqi Constitution. revealed a presidential source early in the interview for "Alsumaria News", on Wednesday (10 Aug.) , that the presidency of the Republic delivered a bill the Board of strategic policies to the Presidency of the parliament without the item on the mechanism of selection of the President of the Council and voting on it, saying that lifting the item came to give the flexibility of the political blocs to discuss it in Parliament, as pointed out that paragraph President of the Council may be added to the law after the termination of the first reading and agreed upon in Parliament. and got "Alsumaria News", a copy of the Law of the National Council of the Supreme policies submitted to the House of Representatives to approve legislation on the basis of the provisions of item (I) of Article (61) of the Constitution. Article III of the Act provides that the aim of establishing the Council is to contribute actively in solving the decade that hinder the political process in Iraq and the guidelines of the Supreme policies of the state, and to make recommendations and proposals on legislation and laws and on the reform of the judicial system in accordance with the constitutional contexts. It also includes terms of reference for the Council to provide proposals for legislation important laws in accordance with the constitutional contexts, and discuss the conventions and treaties strategy related to security, defense and the country's sovereignty and opinion, and make proposals to amend the laws in force and in particular of the dissolved Revolutionary Command Council. The membership of the Council of the President of the Republic and his deputies, the Prime Minister and his deputies, the President of the Council of Representatives and his deputies, the President of the Kurdistan region, and the President Supreme Judicial Council, and two members of all the blocks to the four. It was a coalition of state law called the sixth of August, the current members of the House of Representatives to agree on the possibility of choosing the head of the Policy Board by a vote in parliament, while stressing that this paragraph in the law of the Council open the door to add another and holding a new policy, he noted that a large number of consensus on other items in the Council because it is formulated according to the agreements of Erbil, while confirming the Iraqi List, can block the establishment of the strategic policies the Supreme through the sink in the details of complex loss and destruction of the democratic system in Iraq and being alone with a power similar to a speech the former dictatorial regime, while noting that the game complexity through the details become exposed intentions, pointed out that the bet to play to ensure the phantom power but plays for a loss only. It was agreed that leaders of political blocs, the second of August now, during the meeting held at the home of President Jalal Talabani, to be the passage of the National Council for the policies of the Supreme, which is expected to be headed by the Iraqi leader Ayad Allawi, in parliament after the submission by the President of the Republic.

• Upvote 2

And now in English:

Ardaúah

Editor: AA | SZThursday, 11 August 2011 16:29 GMT<h5 style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"></h5>Alsumaria News / Baghdad, Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, on Thursday, is not convinced the Council of strategic policies at a time when the state of the feminine, considering that the Council is the issue of Ardaúah and does not have any role in solutions that hinder the political process. Maliki said in an interview on satellite Sumerian through a program will be broadcast this evening, said that "an institution (Council policy strategy) will not be more than an advisory status is heading to the feminine state, I do not think it should be," asserting that "the lack of conviction of this board and especially with the atmosphere of a solution slack in the institutions of the state." Maliki said "As long as we had agreed on the Council there was no resolution between compatible to cancel, we will go in, but it meets the constitutional," adding that "this Council is the issue of Ardaúah and does not have any role in solutions that hinder the political process." Maliki said that "if there the seriousness of the sponsors of the Council away from other goals, also subject to contribute to and provide visions of economic and political that go to the constitutional institutions to be discussed in light of the realities found, "noting that" the benefit of this Council will not be the size of the problem raised him. " The MP for the coalition of state law Hossein Asadi threatened, earlier in the day (08/11/2011), by resorting to the Federal Court if the vote on the Council of strategic policies, and among some Iraqi MPs and the national and Kurdish coalitions argue that contrary to the Constitution of the Council, considered that the vote marks the end of democracy.also announced that the Kurdistan Alliance bloc, the House of Representatives voted in principle to the law of the Council policy strategy, while confirming that the political blocs, a condition not to oppose the provisions of the Iraqi Constitution. revealed a presidential source early in the interview for "Alsumaria News", on Wednesday (10 Aug.) , that the presidency of the Republic delivered a bill the Board of strategic policies to the Presidency of the parliament without the item on the mechanism of selection of the President of the Council and voting on it, saying that lifting the item came to give the flexibility of the political blocs to discuss it in Parliament, as pointed out that paragraph President of the Council may be added to the law after the termination of the first reading and agreed upon in Parliament. and got "Alsumaria News", a copy of the Law of the National Council of the Supreme policies submitted to the House of Representatives to approve legislation on the basis of the provisions of item (I) of Article (61) of the Constitution. Article III of the Act provides that the aim of establishing the Council is to contribute actively in solving the decade that hinder the political process in Iraq and the guidelines of the Supreme policies of the state, and to make recommendations and proposals on legislation and laws and on the reform of the judicial system in accordance with the constitutional contexts. It also includes terms of reference for the Council to provide proposals for legislation important laws in accordance with the constitutional contexts, and discuss the conventions and treaties strategy related to security, defense and the country's sovereignty and opinion, and make proposals to amend the laws in force and in particular of the dissolved Revolutionary Command Council. The membership of the Council of the President of the Republic and his deputies, the Prime Minister and his deputies, the President of the Council of Representatives and his deputies, the President of the Kurdistan region, and the President Supreme Judicial Council, and two members of all the blocks to the four. It was a coalition of state law called the sixth of August, the current members of the House of Representatives to agree on the possibility of choosing the head of the Policy Board by a vote in parliament, while stressing that this paragraph in the law of the Council open the door to add another and holding a new policy, he noted that a large number of consensus on other items in the Council because it is formulated according to the agreements of Erbil, while confirming the Iraqi List, can block the establishment of the strategic policies the Supreme through the sink in the details of complex loss and destruction of the democratic system in Iraq and being alone with a power similar to a speech the former dictatorial regime, while noting that the game complexity through the details become exposed intentions, pointed out that the bet to play to ensure the phantom power but plays for a loss only. It was agreed that leaders of political blocs, the second of August now, during the meeting held at the home of President Jalal Talabani, to be the passage of the National Council for the policies of the Supreme, which is expected to be headed by the Iraqi leader Ayad Allawi, in parliament after the submission by the President of the Republic.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think this says that Allawi may head the Strategic Council, as long as that position is powerless to challenge Maliki.

Malaki is good at interpreting things to his benefit, and blocking what threatens his absolute power.

What's a Dictator to do?

The more he can keep power away from the other blocks, the longer he can postpone things like the Arbil Agreement, which holds up the HCL.

I don't think the three remaining seats in the GOI are going to be filled, as long as their job description, or the person filling the position presents a challenge to Maliki's power either.

He doesn't seem to be giving Shabibi much cooperation either.

It's good to be king...

• Upvote 5

My understanding of what he said..................

Until you all grow a set of kahunas I roll the big ball around here like it or not. So don't go whining to the news about it.

nuf' said...............

Hey Dalite I think we caught it about the same don't ya think???

I think this says that Allawi may head the Strategic Council, as long as that position is powerless to challenge Maliki.

Malaki is good at interpreting things to his benefit, and blocking what threatens his absolute power.

What's a Dictator to do?

The more he can keep power away from the other blocks, the longer he can postpone things like the Arbil Agreement, which holds up the HCL.

I don't think the three remaining seats in the GOI are going to be filled, as long as their job description, or the person filling the position presents a challenge to Maliki's power either.

It's good to be king...

Your comments have a certain....familiarity to them.....don't like being able to make this comparison to our own country! Next on the bucket list will be to rename the White House, I'm surprised that hasn't been done already sad.gif

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

What's a Dictator to do?

It's good to be king...

I believe you have captured the essence of the article, but would like to clear the air about what the Erbil Agreement is about.

The Erbil Agreement was put together by the Kurdish leader Barzani in an effort to solve what was a deadlock in the political process. The national partnership government was formed under the agreement. Allawi is supposed to head the strategic council AND wield considerable power, putting in place a sort of system of checks and balances.

Needless to say, I'm sure Maliki doesn't like this at all, but did agree to it to get Allawi and his al Iraqia party to step aside and let him have the PM position.

Edited by MrFnHappy
  • Upvote 2

I don't get it! How can he agree to something a week ago...knowing what the NCSP is all about and knowing that Allawi is to head this council and now all the sudden disagrees with it and will attempt to block it!!!! I can understand things taking time to hash out and to negotiate. But, to say and agree with something and then literally do the opposite is infuriating!!!!!!

I believe you have captured the essence of the article, but would like to clear the air about what the Erbil Agreement is about.

The Erbil Agreement was put together by the Kurdish leader Barzani in an effort to solve what was a deadlock in the political process. The national partnership government was formed under the agreement. Allawi is supposed to head the strategic council AND wield considerable power, putting in place a sort of system of checks and balances.

Needless to say, I'm sure Maliki doesn't like this at all, but did agree to it to get Allawi and his al Iraqia party to step aside and let him have the PM position.

I don't think I have the best grasp of Erbil and article 140 of the constitution, and constantly mix them up.

I think it was BlueOrchid that best described the Article 140 and HCL relationship.

I believe this is a subject that once fully understood, will outline the power struggle that has prevented the GOI from fully forming.

Here is the post I referenced:

Article 140 must be settled before the HCL can be settled. Cannot have the HCL done unless Article 140 is done.

Article 140 pertains to the demarcation of the disputed areas of the Kurdish region, repatriation of and compensation to their displaced persons/refugees, then a full census of the people and whether they choose to be a part of Kurdistan or Baghdad.

The HCL pertains to how the oil production/revenues are distributed amongst the provinces and the people (revenue sharing). This cannot be done until they've counted the people, which can't be done until the refugees are returned to Iraq and paid.

Article 140 has not been done, therefore the majority parts of the HCL are not done either.

Article 140 has EVERYTHING to do with the HCL. 

This post has been edited by BlueOrchid919: Today, 12:45 PM

The above comment was in response to this article, earlier today:

Posted Today, 09:26 AM

Erbil, Aug. 11 (AKnews) – Parliament voted by a majority today to form a committee to oversee the application of article 140 of the Iraqi constitution to resolve territorial disputes in a number of multi-ethnic areas. 

The article aims at ending the long dispute between Baghdad and the northern semi-autonomous enclave of Kurdistan over the tenure of oil-rich Kirkuk, and parts of Nineveh, Salahaddin and Diyala provinces.

KBC deputy Shuwan Mohammed told AKnews the new committee will initially include 38 lawmakers; seven of them Kurds and the rest from the other Iraqi political blocs, but this number may increased at a later date. 

According to Mohammed, the new council will monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the article – originally scheduled to be implemented in 2007 - and will operate under the auspices of the Council of Ministers. 

The article sets three stages for the settling of the tenure debate. 

Firstly, the original inhabitants of the disputed areas - forced to leave under the former regime’s demography-altering ‘Arabization’ policies – must be returned and compensated. 

The second stage is the conducting of a population census, followed by the final stage, a referendum in which the residents can decide whether they would like to join Kurdistan or remain with Baghdad.

Four years after the constitutional deadline for the article, the government has not yet completed the first phase.

By Fryad Mohammed 

http://www.aknews.co...knews/4/256459/ 

Kudos to BlueOrchid919 for this clarification, and apologies for shameless quoting that response.

I don't get it! How can he agree to something a week ago...knowing what the NCSP is all about and knowing that Allawi is to head this council and now all the sudden disagrees with it and will attempt to block it!!!! I can understand things taking time to hash out and to negotiate. But, to say and agree with something and then literally do the opposite is infuriating!!!!!!

Allawi gathered a few more members to vote with him, and can now challenge Maliki.

Maliki will say or do anything to avoid meeting a deadline, or fulfilling a promise.

If I remember correctly, one article had him saying that he would allow Allawi to exercise control of anything that didn't challenge the constitution; or words to that effect.

Maliki and Sadr are very adept at breaking the rules when it benefits them, but parading their interpretation of the same rules to enhance their position.

I hope to someday find I was wrong in my assessment of Maliki. Currently that hope is in no fear of being reached..

BlueOrchid nailed it.

My apologies if I came across as "calling you out", but that wasn't my intent at all. I just wanted to say something about the Erbil Agreement because quite a few posters reference it, mostly with the wrong understanding of it.

Peace

• Upvote 1

BlueOrchid nailed it.

My apologies if I came across as "calling you out", but that wasn't my intent at all. I just wanted to say something about the Erbil Agreement because quite a few posters reference it, mostly with the wrong understanding of it.

Peace

Not a problem....

I rely too much on an aging memory, and I would rather be corrected and not lead others astray.

Never feel reluctance to nudge me back on the path.

I really need to read up more on the Erbil issue, and didn't have a concept of the interaction between Article 140 and the HCL until BlueOrchid laid made that post.

These kind of post only serve to confuse, with only a few understanding what's being said. I wish that post like this would start out with the first sentence stating whether the post was directly related to the dinar or the RV, or whether if it was not. It would sure help those of us who are not into the political aspect of Iraq. Please and thank you. Go RV :):) .

Edited by countryroads

I don't think I have the best grasp of Erbil and article 140 of the constitution, and constantly mix them up.

I think it was BlueOrchid that best described the Article 140 and HCL relationship.

I believe this is a subject that once fully understood, will outline the power struggle that has prevented the GOI from fully forming.

<snip>

Kudos to BlueOrchid919 for this clarification, and apologies for shameless quoting that response.

Thanks for the kind words. No apologies ever needed. I am happy to contribute what little I can to help clarify the connections between the various parts of this dinar puzzle. I thoroughly enjoy your posts. Keep on keepin' on! Kudos back at ya. :D

@countryroads: we don't know what if anything is directly related to the RV/RD/new currency. Parts may be, others not. It ALL may be.... We just don't know at this time what is or is not important to the IQD. By trying to connect the dots on the major issues we follow in the news, we can form some sort of an overall picture to hopefully give some guidance. We also work at debunking some of the nonsense being spewed by those in guruville. When they claim Article 140 is done, now you will know it is not. When they claim the census is done, you will now know it is not. When they claim Ch7 is done, you will know it is not. You'll know the remaining 3 ministers are not seated and likely won't be. More importantly, you will know WHY they are not done.

Obviously Maliki is not playing nice, has completely reneged on his agreed on and SIGNED Erbil Agreement and is now using any number of delay tactics to avoid the issue entirely. The Erbil Agreement also requires that a Kurd and a List member (Allawi's party) must fill 2 of those 3 positions. THAT is THE biggest reason Maliki keeps saying yes he's agreeing, yet continuously rejects EVERY candidate. Obviously, when he proposes candidates himself, the Kurds and the List reject those. Can you say 'stalemate'?

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the kind words. No apologies ever needed. I am happy to contribute what little I can to help clarify the connections between the various parts of this dinar puzzle. I thoroughly enjoy your posts. Keep on keepin' on! Kudos back at ya. :D

@countryroads: we don't know what if anything is directly related to the RV/RD/new currency. Parts may be, others not. It ALL may be.... We just don't know at this time what is or is not important to the IQD. By trying to connect the dots on the major issues we follow in the news, we can form some sort of an overall picture to hopefully give some guidance. We also work at debunking some of the nonsense being spewed by those in guruville. When they claim Article 140 is done, now you will know it is not. When they claim the census is done, you will now know it is not. When they claim Ch7 is done, you will know it is not. You'll know the remaining 3 ministers are not seated and likely won't be. More importantly, you will know WHY they are not done.

Obviously Maliki is not playing nice, has completely reneged on his agreed on and SIGNED Erbil Agreement and is now using any number of delay tactics to avoid the issue entirely. The Erbil Agreement also requires that a Kurd and a List member (Allawi's party) must fill 2 of those 3 positions. THAT is THE biggest reason Maliki keeps saying yes he's agreeing, yet continuously rejects EVERY candidate. Obviously, when he proposes candidates himself, the Kurds and the List reject those. Can you say 'stalemate'?

Yes, but the deeper question may be, why is the stalemate being allowed? I know other countries are exerting a lot pressure on the UN, supposedly on behalf of Iraq, in order to lift them out of Ch 7. Does this not elude to the fact that Iraq has asked for help? Is this more or less reason for evidence that Maliki is trying to thwart or push things to get done, but just his way?

Edited by Alexyn1006
  • Upvote 1