Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

*** Should i buy Silver or Gold after RV?**

easyrider

just curious because i havent ever invested in precious metals. I would like to maximize my profit ive done some research on Silver and gold but not quite sure how much to buy and what to invest in.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I would buy gold and silver coins and invest in some mutual funds... when it's rv'd.....ahhh...when it comes and I will have my monopoly money to play around with...and this time I will make my monopoly money to work for me instead of me working for money.

Ahhhh...life will be a beach... LOL

Both should be good investments for many years to come. Global demand is actually higher for both than what is being pulled out of the ground on an annual basis. Some considerations for each:

Silver is normally more volatile, so if you buy it, don't panic every time it goes up and down. Just hang on and long term you'll be fine.

Silver also has industrial demand, so it has a more consistent base of demand.

China just last week made it legal for their citizens to own gold, so demand will definitely increase. Many emerging market central banks have very little gold in their reserves (as a % of their paper currency in circulation). Demand there will also increase for many years.

Another issue for some to consider is that gold purchases are reported to the federal government and you are taxed on the increase in it's value each year. Silver is not reported.

Also if, God forbid, the whole system crashes one day, and our paper currency becomes worthless, silver coins would be a lot easier to barter with for inexpensive items than gold, simply because of the difference in value. (Kind of like the Iraqi's and the 25,000 dinar note situation).

Fun stuff to think about!!! :)

• Upvote 2

just curious because i havent ever invested in precious metals. I would like to maximize my profit ive done some research on Silver and gold but not quite sure how much to buy and what to invest in.

Hi easy :)

On a percentage basis, silver will outperform gold as it has the past year.

It has corrected as expected and is consolidating at this time. next major advance

likely to 54 per oz. Things to consider for silver:

historical ratio is generally 16:1...at current gold prices, silver *should* be trading at

the 100$ per oz. range but it has a history of being held down...this is changing and silver

will get back to near 50 then 54, but the ride up may be bumpy as it gets more volatile.

So we see the potential for silver based upon its historical ratio. it will see 100$ and above LONG

term. Also, do the small things now...go through your change and set aside PRE 1965 quarters,

dimes and nickels as they were still mostly silver at that time. Gold coins are also good but costly

at this time.

Gold itself, likely near 2000 per oz. within the next 6 months, but again, bumpy ride but going higher

based upon insane monetary policy and debasing of the USD$. if you buy physical, then you will not be

so exposed to the market volatility as if you invested in Comex or ETF funds such as GLD for gold, or SLV for silver.

Physical is good to own...a valuable thing to store in order to protect asset values from the affects of inflation

and loss of asset values.

Hope that helps my friend for a quick summary, although I could go on about it for pages LOL :D

All my best!

Jim

---

• Upvote 2

Somethilng to thilnk about wether you buy

Gold or silver, if you spend $10,000 or more

it will be reported to the government.

Gold will move quicker because the big boys own more of this.

Silver is very manipulated, by the big boys shorting it so it will take longer to increase

to where it should be , but it will get there eventually - patients usually pays out

Just my 2 cents

Bob