Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Choices to make!!!

the next contestant

Let me ask this question to everyone - If you are on a sinking ship (America) and all the captain (obama) wanted to do is blame and demagog the first mate (Republicans or Tea Party) for the sinking of his ship. Would you then still go down with the ship so you could follow him in his blaming and demagoging? Or instead would you follow and listen to the only member of the crew (first mate) who has up untill now been the only one putting out plans and ideas to save us all? Because that is what has happened. Obama (the captain of this ship) never put out a plan of his own, never put any ideas out on the table to save this ship, but instead used what little time we had to berate and demagog the plans of the first mate (Republicans or Tea Party). This is a historical fact! The final plan that was to save us all from this sinking ship was designed and thought out by the the first mate (Republicans & Tea Party) and then the captains lackeys tore it apart and rebuilt it, instead of offering their own plan, and sent it back to the first mate for approval. All the while the ship called America was still taking on water!

I think that you all get the picture now. The point is this, do you want to go down with a ship (America) and her captain (Obama) that instead of finding a way to save as many as he can he is too busy trying to place the blame on someone else and not take responsibility himself? Or do we the passengers (majority of Americans) promote the first officer (republicans & Tea Party) who have been the only ones to come up with a life saving plan for us all? Remember the ship is still sinking lower now!!!!

For me and my family the choice is simple, we live!!! As it has always been the way of this ship called America, the captain is always at the helm to steer us into or away from danger. He controls the rudder, which in turn controls which way the ship goes. The former captain no longer has his hands on the wheel. When the new captain took control of this ship he also took immediate resposibility for it as well, regardless the outcome. It is the way of the captain to do so.

One thing to remember is that we are ALL on this ship! And it is still sinking lower now, no time left!!!

Peace

• Upvote 5

Well, this is the hot topic across the USA right now, and I suspect there are more details that we are not privy to.

I think both sides and all involved made mistakes and will continue to do so. I agree our president hasn't shown much leadership.

I do not agree that he caused the whole debt problem. Our wars and bailing out other countries in their need has

heavily contributed to our deficit. We borrow and then spend it all on wars or give it away.

Pointing fingers and placing blame doesn't make anyone any different from our inept politicians in DC (both sides). What is done is done.

All us "little guys" can do is let our voices be heard to our "representatives" and use the only two tools we have to make a difference.

Our vote and our money.

Regarding the vote, that is each individuals personal and private choice and responsibility. You DO have a responsibility as a citizen of the USA

to learn all you can about the candidates, research what you can, and MAKE YOUR OWN CHOICE.

You can also use your money to make a difference. That is really the only thing that will really get the attention of the powers that be and

the major money in this country. How many items in your home were NOT made in the USA? Every time you buy something not made in the USA

you take jobs away from this country. If the citizens of this country would go for one full year not purchasing anything not made here, these corporations

would bring back their manufacturing facilities and jobs fast. If people would start buying from independently owned stores and restaurants and not the huge

conglomerates that send their money overseas, we could turn this country around in one year.

Governments impose fines and taxes on us. They know that money makes the world go 'round. They know that is how to control people.

We can turn that back on them and gain back control with our money depending on how and where we spend it and what we spend it on.

That is really the only tool we have but it is the BIGGEST tool out there.

There are not enough jobs. People will need to start their own businesses. support these people and deal person- to-person instead of with huge conglomerates!

You'll get better service, better prices, better quality and a better country.

• Upvote 1

Powerfully written!! I agree 100%. I'm on board the USS America, sink or float, but I join the mutiny against this inept captain. The first mate will see us through.

Thank you Francie26. What I wanted people to think about was that we don't have a lot of time left to squabble over who's fault it is, but when I and my family are aboard a sinking ship, the first thing I think of is getting them to safety!! This is what I have seen happen in the news (CNN, MSNBC & Fox). The left wing media is also caught up in the blame game and not interested in fixing the problem, or providing a way to safety. This should be the real issue, but it is not. It also tells us the real character of each individual politician by what they did and what was said.

I feel there are too many people that are lost on board a sinking ship because they are too busy trying to place blame on who's at fault. I say if we must place blame, then we look to where it has always been placed in the past. The top!

Peace.

• Upvote 1

Great post. It's way past time for "we the people" to remind Washington exactly who they work for. Over the years, they have been allowed to get away with too much and they now feel that they're untouchable. In the next few years, we need to send the message by voting EVERY sitting politician out of office. That would be the start of getting this country back on track. I doubt it will happen but it's EXACLTY what I will do and press my friends and family to do the same. The time to clean house is way over due!

Edited by Don & Rocio
  • Upvote 1

^^^^^Very well said Oregonhopeful...I agree 100%...

Sad to say most just want to blame President Obama. +1

As I said earlier, the blame is always been at the top. I say we worry about getting to safety first then if blame must be placed then would be the time. During the whole crisis issue, there has been only one side that has shown interest in saving us. The other side spent all their time and effort demagoging and tearing down the ideas placed by the other side.

So then in my minds eye, I am thinking that the smart thing to do would be to side with the ones who are looking for ways to save us all and not with the ones who keep telling us that each thing they come up with is wrong and old people will die. To try nothing means you have already failed and old people will die for sure. To try something means there is still hope for us all! Only the one side has shown us there is still hope!

The choice is simple really. Sink or swim, because the ship is going down now! :o

I say swim!

Peace

• Upvote 1

As I said earlier, the blame is always been at the top. I say we worry about getting to safety first then if blame must be placed then would be the time. During the whole crisis issue, there has been only one side that has shown interest in saving us. The other side spent all their time and effort demagoging and tearing down the ideas placed by the other side.

So then in my minds eye, I am thinking that the smart thing to do would be to side with the ones who are looking for ways to save us all and not with the ones who keep telling us that each thing they come up with is wrong and old people will die. To try nothing means you have already failed and old people will die for sure. To try something means there is still hope for us all! Only the one side has shown us there is still hope!

The choice is simple really. Sink or swim, because the ship is going down now! :o

I say swim!

Peace

I would say save the ship and everybody else. "As you said above To try something means there is still hope for us all " My support will go out to the one party thats been given us HOPE..

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests .- Patrick Henry -

If you want to save the ship.....get this idea to everyone you know and tell your congressperson to pass this law...

Congressional Reform Act of 2011

1. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12.

The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.

THIS.....IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS and America!!!!! If you agree with the above, pass it on.... B)

• Upvote 1

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests .- Patrick Henry -

If you want to save the ship.....get this idea to everyone you know and tell your congressperson to pass this law...

Congressional Reform Act of 2011

1. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12.

The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.

THIS.....IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS and America!!!!! If you agree with the above, pass it on.... B)

I like it TimS! Passing it on now! :D:D

• Upvote 1