Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WOW the credit rating drop is almost a big nothing!!!

racprops

OK We were downgraded by one of the big three rating services…but the one that did downgrades us is the one with its own record of being the poorest judge of the three.

The other two did NOT downgrade the US.

So it may not amount to much after all, other that the too easy scared investors on the stockmarket.

Rich

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

As it stands it all a smoke up the old kazoo tactic to get people all worked up to stir the pot, Us is always up front in the money game and will never change. Just because some idiots made a panel to make claims on country's money dint mean shIIIIT.We are still No. 1 :blink:

• Upvote 1

Pay attention to the markets this week... if they plummet then the rest will probably downgrade us as well. This has been a long time in coming. We can't keep overspending like we have and expect to get away with it forever! Let the following quote really show you where we are at in a way we can relate to:

"If the US Government was a family, they would be making $58,000 a year, they spend $75,000 a year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their spending to $72,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand." - Dave Ramsey

• Upvote 6

As it stands it all a smoke up the old kazoo tactic to get people all worked up to stir the pot, Us is always up front in the money game and will never change. Just because some idiots made a panel to make claims on country's money dint mean shIIIIT.We are still No. 1 blink.gif

Hmmmm.........................I think your reasoning is #2emot-shakehead.gif

• Upvote 1

As it stands it all a smoke up the old kazoo tactic to get people all worked up to stir the pot, Us is always up front in the money game and will never change. Just because some idiots made a panel to make claims on country's money dint mean shIIIIT.We are still No. 1 :blink:

Only ever been a figment of your imagination.

• Downvote 2

OK We were downgraded by one of the big three rating services…but the one that did downgrades us is the one with its own record of being the poorest judge of the three.

So it may not amount to much after all, other that the too easy scared investors on the stockmarket.

Rich

Not sure WHY you get a negetive on your comment so a + for you from ME ! :rolleyes:

I agree, hopefully one company downgrading us will not effect us too terribly. People go into mass hysteria when things happen, taking with them more people who refuse to do homework & check things out for themselves. I am not saying it is all hunky dory but we need to remain calm & ride out storms because storms don't last forever. BUT there is a first time for everything. *yikes*

Not sure WHY you get a negetive on your comment so a + for you from ME ! :rolleyes:

I agree, hopefully one company downgrading us will not effect us too terribly. People go into mass hysteria when things happen, taking with them more people who refuse to do homework & check things out for themselves. I am not saying it is all hunky dory but we need to remain calm & ride out storms because storms don't last forever. BUT there is a first time for everything. *yikes*

unfortunately Kittykins, this storm is designed to last. Anyway, no need to wait for S&P's peers, the market has already downgraded America's debt worthiness to junk status. Otherwise gold wouldn't be 1700 dollars an ounce and rising. Watch your head on QE3.

Pay attention to the markets this week... if they plummet then the rest will probably downgrade us as well. This has been a long time in coming. We can't keep overspending like we have and expect to get away with it forever! Let the following quote really show you where we are at in a way we can relate to:

"If the US Government was a family, they would be making $58,000 a year, they spend $75,000 a year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their spending to $72,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand." - Dave Ramsey

Very good analogy. With all of the totally irresponsible spending, we should be downgraded. It is time to take a solid look at our responsibilities, and to cut a large part of our government. The fewer the government workers, the less trouble they can get us into. We can govern ourselves far better than they are governing us.

• Upvote 1

This is priceless! Just watch...

http://youtu.be/q6vi528gseA

Wow... in 24 seconds I got to hear Alan Greenspan saying "we can never go into default because we can always print more money". laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif "Priceless"!

And the look of the other guy in the panel was priceless... kinda like.... "is this guy nuts"? And that is who was helping lead us into this mess... wow, double WOW! Good find sammyque! Thanks!

The S & P is simply saying the obvious - "The King has no clothes."

We refer to that as "buck naked"! wink.gif

Rich

I has had a big effect in the forex markets. Since trading opened Sunday I have made a 15% profit. The downgrade by S & P and the Chinese agency DID have an effect and we are NOT done yet.