Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rebublicans Should Be Embarrassed By Debt Increase Vote

rtrusty

by Floyd and Mary Beth Brown

Washington is obsessed by picking winners and losers. But the Establishment media has the story all wrong again. The Republicans, they say, won this skirmish over debt. But actually Republicans displayed a total lack of commitment to their principles.

The only winner in the “Budget Control Act of 2011″ is massive government and the Washington bureaucracy it feeds with your money.

We are embarrassed for Republican members of Congress who go out with a straight face and talk about how they controlled spending, when they voted to increase the debt limit by between $2.1 and $2.4 trillion, the biggest explosion of debt in American history.

In reality, the bill as Rep. Tom McClintock, R-CA, points out, “allows the government to avoid spending reductions for the next two years while squandering our last best hope of averting a sovereign debt crisis.” This bill literally guarantees the economy will get worse, and the budget deficit will explode higher.

As a Republican state senator in California, McClintock predicted and fought against the policies that have bankrupted Sacramento and has now taken his crusade to Washington, D.C. He exhorted his colleagues to see reality, giving excellent reasons he voted against the Boehner/Obama bill: “The purported cuts, even if realized, are far below the $4 trillion deficit reduction that credit rating agencies have warned is necessary to preserve the Triple-A credit rating of the United States government; it blows the lid off the House budget passed in April by more than a half-trillion dollars over ten years; it makes no significant spending reductions for at least the next two years, essentially freezing spending at an unsustainable level.”

McClintock further explained, saying, “While the debt increase occurs this year, significant spending cuts aren’t to be made for many years and can be ignored or reversed by future acts of Congress; the spending caps are easily circumvented by declaring appropriations to be an emergency, a response to a ‘major disaster,’ or necessary for the ‘global War on Terror’; and the balanced budget amendment provisions are illusory because the amendment is completely undefined.”

But even more damaging to Republicans is the way they handed their citizen mandated legislative power to Barack Obama, damaging the U.S. Constitution in the process. Constitutional scholars Herb Titus and William Olson explained it this way: “Title III of the Act reads the ‘Debt Ceiling Disapproval Process.’ Under this title Congress has transferred to the president the power to ‘determine’ that the debt ceiling is too low, and that further borrowing is required to meet existing commitments, subject only to congressional ‘disapproval.’ For the first time in American history the power to borrow money on the credit of the United States has been disconnected from the power to raise revenue.”

The U.S. Constitution’s Article I, Section 8, Clause 2 vests in Congress the power “to borrow Money on the credit of the United States.” Now these Republicans have handed their authority carte blanche to a president they say is unqualified to oversee the economy.

Ironically, “the markets” which Republican after Republican cited as their reason for supporting this unconstitutional bill reacted badly. The Dow has rocketed lower, gold has moved higher, and clearly the markets aren’t following the script handed them by D.C.

Readers of this column have been prepared. We predicted that Washington would be unsuccessful in their drive to “fix” the economy. What the economy needs is less, not more intervention from D.C. Free markets work when they are “free.” Keynesian attempts to stimulate and regulate are killing progress and prolonging the economic woes.

Voters will take note that Republicans, when the chips were down, voted with Nancy Pelosi and John Boehner to keep the Washington merry-go-round humming.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The U.S. Constitution’s Article I, Section 8, Clause 2 vests in Congress the power “to borrow Money on the credit of the United States.”

This is a joke in itself. One, while this is in the original constitution that has been suspended, it is also in the new constitution they replaced the organic constitution with, and which this constitution is the District of Columbia constitution of the United States, Inc., and the United States, Inc., is in chapter 11 bankruptcy and has been since 1933.

So how does a bankrupt corporation have any credit to borrow on?

The original organic constitution this clause pertained to the People of the United State of America, This current constitution has nothing to do with the people at all because it is a foreign State constitution pertaining to a foreign corporation AKA United States, Inc., located in the foreign State of the District of Columbia.

BTW...there is NO MONEY! They turned all OUR money (gold) over to the privately foreign owned federal reserve in 1933 which the federal reserve shipped that $60 Billion in gold back to their bank in London. There has only been credit and debt since and the only source of credit in this Nation is the people, which the private for profit foreign United States, Inc., does not have any authority to borrow from the people. Only the original organic republican form of government had that authority and they were disolved under Lincoln's term in office when Lincoln placed this country under the control of the military where it still remains today.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for posting this! I totally agree. I am so pissed at the Republicans in congress right now. So the only way this could be settled was to increase spending in order to decrease it?! That's the most asinine things I've ever heard! The last time I check my basic math a 2 trillion dollar increase minus a POSSIBLE 900 billion dollar decrease is still a friggin' increase in spending!!!!

and if they didnt increase the debt limit ????what rating would s&p gave then??? wake up people!

Mike you need to wake up how long have they had to get this passed?

Then they wait till the last 24 hours to get this done.

And they didn't even follow their new rules that it has to be posted 72

hours for all to read before they vote on it.

It was all plan by both parties business as usual as they say.

• Upvote 3

What does this post have to do with the dinar? I'm interested in reading post about the dinar not your political opinions about the debt ceiling.

If you are so "interested in reading post about the dinar not your political opinions" THEN DON'T CLICK THE DAMN LINK THAT IS CLEARLY POLITICAL!!!!!!! I for one, am SO sick of you whiners coming into an OFF TOPIC thread that clearly says what it is and crying about you only want to read about the Dinar. THEN STAY OUT OF OFF TOPIC SUBJECTS!!!!! It really is that simple.

Edited by DinarMillionaire
  • Upvote 2

Raising the debt ceiling was part of the negotiation with the Democrats. Its the democrats that want to spend, spend,spend and instead of focusing on creating jobs, they wanted to pay the unions off to buy lots of votes for the coming election. They are not in this alone, but the Democrats should be the party that should be embarrassed along with our president. The plan is not working Mr. President, stop trying to put the fire out with gasoline.

What does this post have to do with the dinar? I'm interested in reading post about the dinar not your political opinions about the debt ceiling.

Okee dokey BillQ..

If you just place your fingers on the mouse keys, and point & click on Forums...Right there at the top ot the page... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You should be able to find what you want..

Now, click to go out of OFF TOPICS forum and if you dont want to see what is in here, try not to come back. ;) ;)

And look up the favorite topics of dinar that you wish to visit.

That should be in a window at the right side of your screen..

Be sure you dont get lost now hear! :D

Best Regards.

• Upvote 2

Hey BillQ... I don't get it. I read your profile "about me" text.

You seem like an intelligent guy. And thanks for your service to our country.

So why do you have so much trouble understanding how this site works?

There are a lot of different forums, all clearly labeled. Would you like the owner

to remove all the ones you don't have an interest in and deprive the rest of us

who enjoy those of their use? Is that what you would like?

• Upvote 1

Reports have come forth detailing the First Couple dancing barefoot on the White House lawn during the birthday celebration (media were banned from the event) as Hip-Hop music blared from inside

the White House.

DANCING BAREFOOT ARE CUSTOMARY FOR MUSLIMS...ESPECIALLY DURING RAMADAM!!!! OBAMA'S ARE ACTUALLY CELEBRATING RAMADAM MORE SO THAN THAT IDIOTS B/D. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THIS... OBAMA OPENLY DO THINGS THAT ARE TRADITIONAL MUSLIM CUSTOM, AND SO SINCE "MOST" AMERICANS ARE "NOT" ACCUSTOMED TO WHAT MUSLIMS DO WITHIN THEIR NORMAL LIVES...THEY ARE BEING FOOLED BY THIS IDIOT OPENLY!! SO ALL YOU IGNORANT AMERICANS OUT THERE... SCHOOL YOURSELVES AND RESEARCH THE INTERNET REGARDING TRADITIONAL MUSLIM CUSTOM, AND SEE FOR YOURSELVES WHAT THIS IDIOT IS ALL ABOUT AND WHAT HE REALLY BELEIVES IN.... ISLAM!!!!!

VIVA LATINOS

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Reports have come forth detailing the First Couple dancing barefoot on the White House lawn during the birthday celebration (media were banned from the event) as Hip-Hop music blared from inside

the White House.

DANCING BAREFOOT ARE CUSTOMARY FOR MUSLIMS...ESPECIALLY DURING RAMADAM!!!! OBAMA'S ARE ACTUALLY CELEBRATING RAMADAM MORE SO THAN THAT IDIOTS B/D. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THIS... OBAMA OPENLY DO THINGS THAT ARE TRADITIONAL MUSLIM CUSTOM, AND SO SINCE "MOST" AMERICANS ARE "NOT" ACCUSTOMED TO WHAT MUSLIMS DO WITHIN THEIR NORMAL LIVES...THEY ARE BEING FOOLED BY THIS IDIOT OPENLY!! SO ALL YOU IGNORANT AMERICANS OUT THERE... SCHOOL YOURSELVES AND RESEARCH THE INTERNET REGARDING TRADITIONAL MUSLIM CUSTOM, AND SEE FOR YOURSELVES WHAT THIS IDIOT IS ALL ABOUT AND WHAT HE REALLY BELEIVES IN.... ISLAM!!!!!

VIVA LATINOS

What! Dancing barefoot is not customary for Muslims, ever, not even during Ramadam. Dancing barefoot is practiced by all peoples who come from hot countries or do not wear shoes indoors. I can't stand Obama and his never ending lies, but your post is patently untrue.

• Upvote 1

THE SITE SAYS "DINARVETS" !!!!

TAKE YOUR POLITICS SOMEWHERE ELSE!

And this entire section of the site you are in says...OFF TOPIC....meaning topics OTHER THAN dinar.

Simple solution. Don't go into the OFF TOPIC section and you won't have to be bothered with anything that has nothing to do with dinar. How hard is it?

• Upvote 1

THE SITE SAYS "DINARVETS" !!!!

TAKE YOUR POLITICS SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Strangely enough I know where you are coming from. You are so completely immersed in your dinar investment and its potential to make you a millionaire and then there are all these other people that want to talk about all these other topics that have nothing to do with Go RV. But just consider for a moment that some of these people have been on these forums for like years and years. Poor things ,surely you won't begrudge them a small window of distraction now and then, will you? Go RV!!

The only ones that should be embarrassed are the ones that voted for O... Other than that the Republicans are doing a fine job blocking O care, o sh%#, & o i want to be your master o Dumba%#... The REPUBLICANS wouldn't give one vote to make o any more powerful than he already is... If anyone would like o to be your King then may I suggest that you take o back to his country and get your grass dance on there :)

Thank you for posting this! I totally agree. I am so pissed at the Republicans in congress right now. So the only way this could be settled was to increase spending in order to decrease it?! That's the most asinine things I've ever heard! The last time I check my basic math a 2 trillion dollar increase minus a POSSIBLE 900 billion dollar decrease is still a friggin' increase in spending!!!!

The Republicans are an Embarrassment .

Another newbie finds out the hard way that you need to look around the site and reread your posts before just firing them out on the board. I did the exact same thing when I was a newbie in this category.

NewBillQ tucks his tail between his legs and fades out of the OffTopic board.

Yep, the Republicans screwed the Pooch on that one.

The 2012 vote will provide some new replacements.

Spot on!

If they voted for increasing the debt ceiling vote them out! (either side of the isle) But first can we eliminate their pensions and healthcare - give them what they dictate to us!

• Upvote 1

I think that both parties did what they needed to do to get this DC (debt ceiling) raised. Both sides were bullheaded, straight forward, and held (mostly) to what their constituents wanted. Neither party was satisfied, but the will of the bankers was fulfilled. After all, they control the government, not us. If we only knew what was happening behind closed doors, we would see that none of them returned to office. But we can't do that. It would destroy any continuity in your government. Therefore, we will elect the same people back into office. They will make sure that the newbies in the congress and senate understand "how things are done" in Washington. The newly elected officials will submit and we will be back to government as usual. We will continue to spend above our income, so the taxes will be raised, debt ceilings will be raised, the dollar will be inflated, and our credibility as a nation will be questioned.

The radical changes promised by the president are taking place! But these are not the changes we thought were needed. It is not the changes that ARE needed. But changes are taking place. We are becoming more and more slaves to our appetite for entitlements, more accustomed to the government taking away our freedoms and less and less concerned about it. We have now a Czar system that was never intended with our form of government, and these Czars are paid for by our taxes. Another super group is being formed which will handle the budget and the debt ceiling. You throw in a couple of hard to pass bills into the mix and you have essentially taken the right and authority of the Senate and Congress and placed it into the hands of a few. The idea behind this separation is to divide and conquer. Control the few leaders and the rest will follow along like sheep.

We the people, need to awake out of our entitlement induced binge and start realize what's going on. Embarrassed? Yes! Embarrassed at the political parties? Yes. But more embarrassed at "We the people" for allowing this to happen to our great country.

Nelg

There are rumblings about the Constitution and the need for it to change, but that is a road we should not trod. If anything, the Constitution needs to be strengthened.

• Upvote 2