Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Alternative to the Electoral/Primary Process

marineonwatch

I want to pose a hypothetical question to the population on this web site regarding the upcoming presidential election.

"How do you think we can best elect the right person as our leader?"

I have a suggestion. In the interest of saving billions of dollars in election handouts, political favors and listening to endless drivel about squabbling in primary debates, I propose we enact a 21st century solution that will allow us to accurately and definitively know who to choose to be the leader of our country based on our morals and beliefs. I propose we make it manditory for every presidential candidate to participate in the electoral version of "Big Brother".

At first, you may think this is a hair-brained, silly idea. But think about it... do you really want another person in the White House that says one thing and does another? Do you want to know if they are really that deceiving or coniving? Wouldn't you want to know how they really will react to get what they want to to succeed at a challenge? I think this might be the best way to really learn about the person behind the political position and see what is truly there.

For some folks, they will be drooling over watching Palin and Bachmann go at it. Others will want to see if Gingrich is as tough as he appears and be the bully to Obama. I, for one, want to see what America wants them to eat each week if they fail to achieve a concensus on a challenge.

Its not as if we would be radically changing the process as it exists. Ultimately, it is the one who impresses us the most that we vote for after staged debates, kissing babies and barnstorming an area for a brief period of time to earn electoral votes to be nominated as a party choice. My idea is to let each state call/text their vote to an 866 number each week and obtain their poling info this way, thus eliminating a candidate each week until election week. Candidates may have unlimited time to blog from their one way computer (outgoing) as well as express their views during the nightly telecast while competing in creative, entertaining stunts/competitions for the viewing audience. We will see who can compromise, who will stab the other in the back, who will sleep with another and who can succeed without having to lie, cheat or corrupt someone. Either way... we know what we are getting. It will be the most watched thing on the boob tube and has to beat the fall line up from the major networks.

Any comments or new suggestions are always welcome.

• Upvote 1