Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

XE.com showing £1 GBP = 1 IQD

The Machine

Well I was almost not going to work this morning lol

I have a phone app for XE.com ...... decided to check this morning at 6am (3 hours ago) and it showed GBP £1 = 1 IQD for 15 mins and this app is updated every min ......... anyway by the time my coffee was ready it went back to normal .... just thought I'd share. that would be a $1.62 rate for most of you guys

Stay strong people .... were nearly there.

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 9

Are you for real? I wished I would have seen that.

Forex don't make mistakes. B)

Yes I am 100% for real .... it may just have been a glitch but it did happen and I thought I'd let you guys know ...... honestly after 597 posts this is the first time I have posted something remotely like this, that could be seen as BS.

But anyway take it for what it is, it has really put me in a good mood today.

charticon.png Read important information about the IQD.Mid-market rates: 2011-08-05 08:58 UTC 5,000,000.00 IQD =2,632.06 GBP Iraqi Dinar British Pound1 IQD = 0.000526412 GBP 1 GBP = 1,899.65 IQD

I did say that it changed back to normal after 15 mins ...... that was nearly 4 1/2 hours ago !!

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 4

I have a phone app for XE.com ...... decided to check this morning at 6am (3 hours ago) and it showed GBP £1 = 1 IQD for 15 mins and this app is updated every min ......... anyway by the time my coffee was ready it went back to normal .... just thought I'd share. that would be a $1.62 rate for most of you guys

Thanks for your post Machine, thats really interesting as this site has never faultered before, maybe it was a test or could even be putting it in ready for Sunday night,

• Upvote 1

And this is what the site XE.com shows when you do the conversion:

"Notice: IQD may be redenominated:

In 2010, the Central Bank of Iraq announced their plans to redenominate the Iraqi Dinar to ease cash transactions. The intention would be to drop three zeros from the nominal value of bank notes; but the actual value of the dinar would remain unchanged. That would mean that 1,000 IQD (pre-redenomination) and 1 dinar (post-redenomination) would both be worth the same amount in US Dollars. Although the announcement stated that the change would take place by the end of 2010, there has been no redenomination as of January 2011 and no further announcements have been made. As stated by the Central Bank of Iraq, their mandate is to "ensure domestic price stability and foster a stable competitive market based financial system." For more information about the redenomination, read "Iraq Planning Currency Redenomination."

I have yet to click on the link to the Iraq Planning Currency Redenomination.

Sounds like a LOP to me :lol: ( the LOL is because I'm totally not a LOPPER, but I realise no one will ask me for my opinion)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And this is what the site XE.com shows when you do the conversion:

"Notice: IQD may be redenominated:

In 2010, the Central Bank of Iraq announced their plans to redenominate the Iraqi Dinar to ease cash transactions. The intention would be to drop three zeros from the nominal value of bank notes; but the actual value of the dinar would remain unchanged. That would mean that 1,000 IQD (pre-redenomination) and 1 dinar (post-redenomination) would both be worth the same amount in US Dollars. Although the announcement stated that the change would take place by the end of 2010, there has been no redenomination as of January 2011 and no further announcements have been made. As stated by the Central Bank of Iraq, their mandate is to "ensure domestic price stability and foster a stable competitive market based financial system." For more information about the redenomination, read "Iraq Planning Currency Redenomination."

I have yet to click on the link to the Iraq Planning Currency Redenomination.

Sounds like a LOP to me laugh.gif ( the LOL is because I'm totally not a LOPPER, but I realise no one will ask me for my opinion)

umm.. i dunno how long you have held IQd but that has been there for a while now. Do you really think they will put on the XE site it will RV i don't think so therefore this is where speculation comes to play, this doesnt mean it will R/D its a possibly but not a for sure thing.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1

NO, NO, wasn't dising you, just excited that you

saw it like that. I truly think we are there. So

please understand it gets me excited.

ohmy.gif Dang... I think I gotta go change my diaper!rolleyes.gif

Good find Machine... lets hope this ride is over soon... I'm bout outa diapers!wink.gif

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

that is what i thought the taxes would be, i found this on the hrmc website,

Exempt assets - when you don't pay Capital Gains Tax

Some assets aren't liable to Capital Gains Tax at all because they’re exempt. These include:

•your car

•personal possessions worth up to £6,000 each, such as jewellery, paintings or antiques

•stocks and shares you hold in tax-free investment savings accounts, such as ISAs and PEPs

•UK government or ‘gilt-edged’ securities eg National Savings Certificates, Premium Bonds and loan stock issued by the Treasury

•betting, lottery or pools winnings

•personal injury compensation

•any foreign currency held for your own or your family’s personal use outside the UK (eg if you've made a gain because of a change to the exchange rate)

its just so confusing, when i asked about it in the VIP room, adam replied and he seemed to think uk taxes would be worse than the usa

i got mine through lloyds bank

thanks for the help.

i have been naughty today, had a day off work, but i am the boss, just need it to rv this weekend so i dont have to go back on monday

slum that could be some wedding

that is what i thought the taxes would be, i found this on the hrmc website,

Exempt assets - when you don't pay Capital Gains Tax

Some assets aren't liable to Capital Gains Tax at all because they’re exempt. These include:

•your car

•personal possessions worth up to £6,000 each, such as jewellery, paintings or antiques

•stocks and shares you hold in tax-free investment savings accounts, such as ISAs and PEPs

•UK government or ‘gilt-edged’ securities eg National Savings Certificates, Premium Bonds and loan stock issued by the Treasury

•betting, lottery or pools winnings

•personal injury compensation

•any foreign currency held for your own or your family’s personal use outside the UK (eg if you've made a gain because of a change to the exchange rate)

its just so confusing, when i asked about it in the VIP room, adam replied and he seemed to think uk taxes would be worse than the usa

i got mine through lloyds bank

thanks for the help.

i have been naughty today, had a day off work, but i am the boss, just need it to rv this weekend so i dont have to go back on monday

slum that could be some wedding

You said it all there ..... we'll basically get everything tax free,

Adam might not fully understand our tax system its alot different to there one, anyway I'll be cashing out in Ireland. My mother gets preferential rates because of her position in one of the banks (please dont ask i'm not gonna say which bank, lets just say in Dublin) so I should get a better rate than the banks are offering to the general public.

• Upvote 1

We dont pay taxes on stuff like this .... most you should have to pay is 1% bank exchange charge

Be careful saying that. It is treated as capital gains unless you can prove you bought to go to Iraq.

I saw that come up on another site about a week ago. Did not get a screen print so did not say anything. Get torn to shred here.

Be careful saying that. It is treated as capital gains unless you can prove you bought to go to Iraq.

Thats exactly why I bought it .... but then I remembered there was a war on and I forgot to pack my spare rifle so I cancelled the trip and kept the money just incase I changed my mind ....... trust me I will not be paying capital gains

• Upvote 2

Thats exactly why I bought it .... but then I remembered there was a war on and I forgot to pack my spare rifle so I cancelled the trip and kept the money just incase I changed my mind ....... trust me I will not be paying capital gains

That is your choice but your original statement could be construed as misleading information.

We are fortunate inthe UK that there is not enough tax inspectors to go around so it is a bit of a lottery. Good luck.