Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why an RV will be DONE by Sept 15

Sure lets go 1 million dinar. Ive gotta run out the door, but Ill be back around five. Ill look for your response.

Thanks,

Quietlearner,

"an opprotunity not ventured, is an opprotunity missed"

I'm IN for 1 million dinar (with me postulating that it will NOT RV by 11:59pm -- USA PDT -- 9/15/2011).

Mark it down. We can trade contact info later, even plan for an uninterested 3rd party to hold the IQD until Sept 15. Before you respond, please remember that "an opportunity not ventured, is an opportunity missed" ...

I'm in Colorado.

TS

The going and cbi have been putting out all sorts of news and what the Iraqi people know is 'deletion of zeros '0 essentially a lop. Now if all this is misinformation ...boy oh boy are there gonna be some confused Iraqi citizens

The deletion of the 0's is obviously on the new bills. Who is to say that we won't be changing our bills in for the new bills? If the Iraqi people felt that there was going to be a LOP(whatever the heck that really means), don't you think that there would be a lot more protests and rioting going on?

I'm IN for 1 million dinar (with me postulating that it will NOT RV by 11:59pm -- USA PDT -- 9/15/2011).

Mark it down. We can trade contact info later, even plan for an uninterested 3rd party to hold the IQD until Sept 15. Before you respond, please remember that "an opportunity not ventured, is an opportunity missed" ...

I'm in Colorado.

TS

Now what kind of odd's are you going to be giving quietlearner? He has one date and you get the rest. You probably trip little blind kids too, damn. :D That's like saying you get the 9 horse and I get the rest of the field, if you are going to make a bet at least be fair about it. By the way, I will hold the money for you both!

• Upvote 1

The deletion of the 0's is obviously on the new bills. Who is to say that we won't be changing our bills in for the new bills? If the Iraqi people felt that there was going to be a LOP(whatever the heck that really means), don't you think that there would be a lot more protests and rioting going on?

Now what kind of odd's are you going to be giving quietlearner? He has one date and you get the rest. You probably trip little blind kids too, damn. :D That's like saying you get the 9 horse and I get the rest of the field, if you are going to make a bet at least be fair about it. By the way, I will hold the money for you both!

QuietLearner offered the amount (admittedly not to me). I just accepted. His/her terms.

He/she has all the days through 9/15/2011.

As for you, Dog, we'll have to do a thorough background check before allowing you to hold the IQD wagered ;-) ...

I'd probably give 2-1 odds, but I expect that QL will quietly decline.

TS

Edited by On_Reserve

Why would they be rioting when they wouldn't lose anything? If they lop (redenominate) then they would, at worst, have the same purchasing power after the action than they did before.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Do you know how many times there's been some crack poster that has given a drop dead date for the RV? They've done all sorts of "reasearch" and concluded the RV absolutely, positively had to be done by a certain date. Last November we were told it "had" to be done by 12/15/2010 because the smart cards were being loaded with the new, lower amounts. Last December we were told it "had" to be by 01/01/2011 because all sorts of new foreign contracts were priced with the new exchange rate. Last January it had to happen by 01/31/2011 because that was the deadline for Maliki to seat a government. This past May it had to be 06/302011 because that was the date when chapter 7 would be fully lifted. And that's just since I bought dinar last November! I'm sure it's been a non-stop, incessant drop dead festival since the very beginning. It's laughable that anyone would consider this prediction the one that is finally right.

I hope you have your excuses ready when it doesn't occur by 09/15/2011.

SSHHH, Networth, you are hurting my position ... PLEASE!!

Ok, QL, I'll give you 3-1 odds. Since NW has reiterated a bit of history, let's go 3-1 just so you don't get scared off.

TS

Okay QL...can you help me with my the Erbil agreement will allow them or require them to adjust the value of their currency?

also, the one article is regarding a redenomination so I'm not sure how that helps...

Can you clarify any of this for me?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Of course you are correct in what you say. However, have you ever observed all the positive reports coming out of Iraq with all the positive accomplishments they have achieved which brings us closer to an RV? Looks good to me. Think I prefer to be more on the positive side and look for an RV.

My intention was not to be negative. Rather, based on history, I am being practical. Iraq has a history of stating that things will be done, and then nothing happens. While I agree with you that never have so many indications lead us to believe that all is "in-place" and that little is left to do, there's still that pesky little statement by Shabibi that the RV would be "within 2010" (If you have been here long enough to remember that), then, more recently, on June 20th, that the RV would happen "within 7 to 10 days". Now its Ramadan, and in September it will be something else. Yes, I believe they believe they want it done, however their timeframe seems to be based more on intention than commitment, and urgency is an unknown commodity.

I'll bet anyone 1,000,000 dinar - that by the end of the day - I will have bought 1,000,000 dinar. Any takers? <_<

Our local resident pumper is at it again... go Alex, GO ALEX!!!! I am pumped now, yeah buddy! laugh.gif

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

Can I bet a million dinar that you bought a million dinar??? rolleyes.gif

post-33230-131250239493_thumb.jpg

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 1

IMO, when it happens it will happen without fanfare, in the dark of night, and very quietly. And not until.

End Quote

Agreed. It will arrive like a silent thief in the silent night.

Shall we turn on the Bat signal... ur, um, I mean the RV signal on now Commissioner... cause we sure need this RV thingy really bad!wink.gif

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 1

OK, looking back you news hounds will remember a quoute by Maliki in regards to government employee pay? "Your pay rates will be increased, within 72 hours of the Currency Adjustments." Remember this satement?

Allrightly then, yesterday what did PM Maliki say? "Government, your pay increases will be no later than the 15th of Sept." Can you see the window folks?

Read more:

You are basing everything on this being a true translation. Immediately after the statement on pay an article stated it would take 45 days to implement and I think this is where the mid Sept date comes from, not related to the RV.

It took Quiet Learner months and months to start posting. Lots of people think that Quiet Learner is just talk, well I heavily disagree. Quiet Learner would definitely make it in the top ten people I would love to associate with after the RV. The intelligence, compassion, and all around great nature of Quiet Learner can be found in the posts that have been made.

To Quiet Learner .... :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

• Upvote 1

Can others get in on this bet? I'd like to wager as much as possible that there will not be a significant RV by Sept 15th.

How much do you pay per million, and how many million do you have? I'd like to calculate how much money you're going to lose when the dinar either lops or just never RVs and you finally get sick of holding it. smile.gif

To all that have commented, I both appreciate you taking the time to think about this piece and comment and respect each and every one of your opinions.

To all the betting members. I am respectfully requesting that each of you stop and think before you post anything that would somehow be construed as illegal. As each of you know the proposed type of gambling that is being mentioned is illegal. I know each of you are just having a little fun and would never do anything too put this site or its members in harms way, unfortunately do in part to what I am seeing happen with other groups around the Country, We can not, even in fun, make comments of this type.

To those that are attempting to somehow disqualify what I am writting buy distorting it with a penis measuring contest. Please can we have just a little more class than this. I cant understand why some of you are in this investment, If its not gonna work no matter what, what stops you from selling. My guess is that most of the folks that are making the worst of this at every possible turn are simply scared of lossing their respected investment and either dont have the time research it enough to somehow come to cleear understanding of what this investment is. In the past several years I have noticed that these folks much like parisites attach themselves to those that put the work in and constantly attack their host with negative questioning, then while the host pours out more good objective information the parasite feeds some more, rather, than morphing to a level of higher education/understanding, the little bug just feeds and feeds, more often than not jumping from host to host.

To you that ask how much I have? Really are you that rude or worse niave to think that somehow I will disclose what my holding are? Not today. It's true I was born at night but not last night! When the betting talk started I notice that the folks that were posting intelligent replies, stopped. Interestingly enough I also noticed that when said started, the commentary became less to do with the article and more to do with the individuals own insecurties about their holdings. For this, I have no remedy. Those of you that run through this site spreading your ilk, unfounded and unsolicated, simply good day.

In closing I needed to once again thank you all for reminding me why I joined this site. I appreciate the opprotunity to express my opinions and thoughts and recieve yours. I hope that someday we will look back on this and find some joy in it. Please dont allow the Iraq investment to do anything less than bring a smile to your face each and everytime you think about it. I often think about how many folks I have met through this site, many have touched my life in positive ways that cant even know. I am going to share with you a tiny piece of personal information that will help you all understand my constant attempt at posting and living in the positive. I was diagonois with terminal cancer some time ago. Without getting into to much detail, I find that there are two thing in life that are certain, you will die and things always change. The one you can not change is obvious, the other you can direct some by your own personal attitude, determination, and hardwork. How will your next lifes change look?????

I truly hope that each of you receive a blessing that leaves you filled with Joy, and understanding. Please love your friends and families as if you may not see them again, as you may not. Live, laugh and love. Dont waste a second on the day to day B.S. but emerse yourself in the things that make you truly happy. Please do all of this and more, as it can all change in a phone call, a knock on the door, or yes, even a routine visit to the Doctors Office.

Love, Light and let us not forget the Salt!

Quietlearner

"nearing the end of a long, hard journey"

• Upvote 5

It is very interesting that you say Sept 15 here is why

My next door neighbor buddy who is in Iraq right now he is like a super high up in the security he transport any high level person in, Out and around the country you have seen this guy standing next to maliki Shabibi and others, What he siad was that by Sept 15 40,000 front line troops and 80% of all contractors will be removed from the country, Now his comment to my neighbor is that it will RV before the 15 or it will be a very long time before it does RV

thank you for the reality check. It is good we remember not to believe everything we read or hear.. No one knows when it will happen. It may not even happen by Sept 15, they are a different country with different values. We cannot place our values on them or we will be dissappointed. these are my thoughts