Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Please HELP decipher emails from our congressman !!!!!

OtisDaWhino

My father has been corresponding back and forth with our congressman JO BONNER in Alabama. He has been asking direct questions and asked them to correspond with the US Treasury with questions concerning our investment in the Dinar. Well, we have gotten a few responses back but nothing of any direct substance. WELL....Today we received a DETAILED response from his office. I am going to upload the exact document they sent and post the email conversations. To us it looks as if we will now have a 1.17 Dinar to the Dollar BUT the document explains that the value of the dinar will be the same as it is now. We are not accountants so we have no idea what this ACTUALLY means. Can you please give us a clear and concise explanation of what this document states and what will happen once this RD occurs. Thank you and we look forward to your response.

......................................................................................................

Fwd: FW: US Holding Iraqi Dinars (Your thoughts?)

Available] ***key ***ill to me, Robert, LINDA, Stephanie, te***llong, can***ejane0813, mikel***.kendr., Laura, jackgins, je****ersmc**ll

show details 11:12 AM (1 hour ago)

Please see information that I just received from my congressman's office, we had them contact the treasury for exact information. The attachment came directly from our congressman's office and the treasury, the congressman in question is Jo Bonner from Alabama. I am also waiting on additional information relative to the dinar from the congressman.

***ey Mc***l

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Subject: RE: FW: US Holding Iraqi Dinars (Your thoughts?)

To: ***key **Gill <***k**gill@gmail.com>

Mr. **Gill,

Please see the attached fact sheet I received from Treasury earlier.

As you can imagine, we’ve been a bit wrapped around the axle on the debt limit here.

I will again follow-up with them directly.

Regards,

mike

Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 7:04 PM

To: Sharp, Mike

Cc: J**f **Gill; Ro**rt We**e; L**DA ***WINE; D***rah Sa**ers; L***a Sw****man; te***llong; can***ejane0813; mi****ng.kend****arine; ja***ins@bellsouth.net; jen*****smc**ll; Ste***nie Sho****ker

Subject: Re: FW: US Holding Iraqi Dinars (Your thoughts?)

Mr Sharp:

It has now been 10 days since you responded and forwarded this information to the Treasury department. I have a concern that they are doing you the same way they have been doing all of us who have tried repeatedly to get a response from them.

We are still relying on you to continue your quest for information, our group is also going to file under the freedom of information act a request for the same information.

I would also like to find out if there is any way that we can speak directly with Congressman Jo Bonner about this situation, maybe he can shed some light on all the rumors floating around about our Government and its involvement with not only Iraq but the Iraqi Dinars.

Please let me hear back from you relative to my requests.

Thanking you

***key **Gill

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Sharp, Mike <Mike.Sharp@mail.house.gov> wrote:

Mr. **Gill,

Mike Lewis forwarded me your email below.

Is this related to the revaluation of the Iraqi Dinar against the Great British Pound?

I have forwarded your correspondence and that question, which I received from another constituent, directly to Treasury for their response. I will let you know as soon as they get back to us.

Best regards,

mike

Michael J. Sharp| Legislative Director | Congressman Jo Bonner

2236 Rayburn House Office Building | Washington, DC 20515 | 202.225.4931 phone | 202.225.0562 fax |www.bonner.house.gov

Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:47 AM

To: Sharp, Mike

Subject: US Holding Iraqi Dinars (Your thoughts?)

I got this email in response to the column Friday night. Any idea who on staff should get this query? This is the first time he’s emailed me and apparently he reached out to us before.

Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 6:41 PM

To: Lewis, Mike

Cc: R***rt W**se; L**DA AL***NE; J**f **Gill; T**ry Pri***rd; can****ane0813; jen****rs**gill; mik****g.ken****marine; La***a S*****man

Subject: Re: This Week in Washington - Congressman Jo Bonner

Mr. Lewis:

Several weeks back I sent an email to Mr. Bonner requesting information, I received a response back stating that they had received the email and would respond shortly. As of this writing we have not received a response.

I am the spokesman for an investment group that buys nothing but Iraqi Dinars, Over the past year there has been so much propaganda relating to the Dinars and we find it very difficult to actually get honest information.

The reason I was sending Mr. Bonner an email was to clarify things that are being posted on the Dinar websites. There is on going language that states "THE UNITED STATES HAS IN ITS POSSESSION 2-3 TRILLION IN DINARS". Our group as well as many other groups would like to know, is this fact or fiction.

I will go one step further and tell you that I have sent no less than 10 emails to Mr. Geitner with the US Treasury, and as of today have had no response to the same question.

I would also like to point out that there are teleconferences/chat rooms/blogs/ rumor boards devoted to nothing but the Iraqi Dinars. If this is a hoax or scam the general public needs to know, there are daily posts relating to the IRS and Treasury Dept opening up cash in centers so they can retrieve taxes owed immediately, also it states that it will be done for a flat 15% by both the IRS and Treasury Dept.

Is there any truth to that situation as well as the Government owning Dinars? I am asking that you please respond to this request for information.

Thanking you

***key **Gill

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Lewis, Mike <Mike.Lewis@mail.house.gov> wrote:

This Week in Washington – Congressman Jo Bonner

“Time to do the Right Thing for America’s Future”, “Gulf Coast Claims Facility Audit Advances in House”

--

***key **Gill

In God We Trust

May your troubles be less,

May your blessing be more,

and May nothing but happiness

come through your door

--

***key **Gill

In God We Trust

come through your door

--

***key **Gill

In God We Trust

come through your door

Dinar Fact Sheet_UST_0711.pdf Dinar Fact Sheet_UST_0711.pdf

69K View Download

Reply to all

Forward

[Available] Reply by chat to ***key

Your message has been sent.

ReplyReply

More

show details 12:00 PM (14 minutes ago)

This is the email correspondence that my dad has been having back and forth with Jo Bonners office concerning the Dinar. Please read the attachment and you will see a detailed explanation of what Jo Bonners stance is on the Dinar. Its looking good !!!!

JM

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Subject: Fwd: FW: US Holding Iraqi Dinars (Your thoughts?)

To: **ff **Gill <**ff**gill@gmail.com>

- Show quoted text -

Dinar Fact Sheet_UST_0711.pdf Dinar Fact Sheet_UST_0711.pdf

69K View Download

Dinar Fact Sheet_UST_0711.pdf

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Correct me if i am wrong but this document pertty much says the us government does not have dinar and the executive order does not protect us citezens with dinar and that they are going to redemoninate their new currency??? aka the smaller demons? just out of curiosity how is this document telling us things are looking good?becaue i am really confused now. unless the good part of this was that the rate has been provided at 1.17?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the update. Very interesting indeed. I do have the following question, and want to state clearly it is only a question and not a Bash or attempt to discredit, but why is there no letterhead bearing US Government or Treasury? I don't want to come across as out of line.

• Upvote 8

I knew that someone was going to ask that. I swear to you it came from their office. I will take screen shots of the attachment. Please feel free to email them yourself.....I dont see why they wouldnt give you the same thing.

See the packet seems simple but when you really try to wrap your brain around what it says then I get totally confused. The 1.17 thing makes me excited but then the part that says the currency will be the exact same value as it is now then I get all confused. Thats why Im asking someone with accounting experience or someone that can actually interpret what it means because I DONT GET IT !!!

Correct me if i am wrong but this document pertty much says the us government does not have dinar and the executive order does not protect us citezens with dinar and that they are going to redemoninate their new currency??? aka the smaller demons? just out of curiosity how is this document telling us things are looking good?becaue i am really confused now. unless the good part of this was that the rate has been provided at 1.17?

That's pretty much what I got out of it. Govt. has no dinars, doesn't care about Dinars, and has no influence over dinars.

• Upvote 2

HOW CAN YOU SAY "IT LOOKS GOOD!"

THIS DOCUMENT CLEARLY STATES A REDEMONINATION.... NOT GOOD NEWS TO ME!!!!

HERE IS THE QUOTE.... A redenomination of the Iraqi currency would not lead to a revaluation by the same amount, and may have no effect on the currency’s value. Under a redenomination, a new currency replaces an old currency, but the value of the currency remains the same. On June 21, 2011, the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) announced that it would be implementing a redenomination of the Iraqi dinar. Under the proposed redenomination, the Iraqi government would issue a new dinar note that will be equivalent to 1000 current dinars. The exchange rate would be 1.17 new dinars to the dollar, equivalent to 1,170 current dinars to the dollar.

IF TRUE, THIS IS NOT GOOD...

• Upvote 2

THC DOCUMENT CLEARLY STATES A REDEMONINATION.... NOT GOOD NEWS TO ME!!!!

HERE IS THE QUOTE.... A redenomination of the Iraqi currency would not lead to a revaluation by the same amount, and may have no effect on the currency’s value. Under a redenomination, a new currency replaces an old currency, but the value of the currency remains the same. On June 21, 2011, the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) announced that it would be implementing a redenomination of the Iraqi dinar. Under the proposed redenomination, the Iraqi government would issue a new dinar note that will be equivalent to 1000 current dinars. The exchange rate would be 1.17 new dinars to the dollar, equivalent to 1,170 current dinars to the dollar.

So my next question is how many of these new notes can we buy with our currency we already have?? or trade for if that's the case because then we would come out ahead if they value them 1.17 -1 right?

The document is titled "talking points..."

The information directly supports Shabibi's claims, correctly interprets EO 13303, and accurately states the position of what is assumed to be the treasury.

I would like to see the document on treasury letterhead, or with an OMB number assigned to it.

It is a very concise assessment of the overall situation, and offers answers to the most often asked questions; most of which have been previously determined from available documents.

When I get to a real computer, I will look at the PDF properties, and find what kind of path they reveal.

Can anyone actually decipher it and tell me exactly what it means. You all are thinking and asking the same questions I did but noone seems to actually know what it means. I totally figured they would say that they dont hold any Dinars....I also dont believe that for a minute but the RD thing has me stumped. He references 1.17 IQD to 1 Dollar but says that the currency will be the same value as it is now....sooooo what the hell does all that mean ????? Its just totally confusing to me.

If you will inbox me your emails.....I will gladly forward the actual emails to you with the document attached.

Trust our government and you will lose everything you have worked hard for. Listen if we lose who cares, some will lose thousands others will lose hundreds. Image knowing our government is 100% for us? They are smoke and mirrors and truly only care about themselves. Each bastard in office only gives a sh*t about themselves regardless of party. We are in a new world friends. Stop listening to our government about this dinar and watch the iraqi news. The only ones that had anything together were the ones who created this government. Our soldiers are dying for their political gains, our communities are dying for their political gain. Who ever can line their pockets wins. I'm moving to Canada. I am a completely fed up american citizen and small business owner. Hope it goes through and if not I still have my soul.

• Upvote 8

Under the proposed redenomination, the Iraqi government would issue a new dinar note that will be equivalent to 1000 current dinars. The exchange rate would be 1.17 new dinars to the dollar, equivalent to 1,170 current dinars to the dollar.

According to this document I beleive it basically says it will be a wash. The words 'new' and 'current' are the key. Just my interpretation.

I can't still for the life of me understand how people really think they are going to wake up instant millionaires becuase of what some guru's have put into your head. Isn't RD the most practical, logical course of action for Iraq.

Isn't it like a reverse split for Citi ©. Isn't it exactly what Iraq have been saying there going to do. Isn't it exactly what every rich bank president and all financial personnel have been saying is going to happen.

I don't understand how people haven't given this any consideration. I have always expected a RD. I bought only a few million and don't need the money so I'm riding it out. However, I think this along w/ every other email that has come out has pretty much threw me over the fence on selling.

The ride is over. RD than an RV. We will make a small amount of profit on it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

according to the fact sheet... a 1000 dinar note = 1.17 usd :huh: or 1170 dinars = 1 usd (or a 1 dinar note =.00086 usd) :angry: ...thats what the article means when it states the value remains unchanged...this is how i read it...not good news :( if you want the dinar to revalue :D....but wth...this is supposedly from our government...who believes what they tell us? :o :o :o GO RV!

• Upvote 2

Under the proposed redenomination, the Iraqi government would issue a new dinar note that will be equivalent to 1000 current dinars. The exchange rate would be 1.17 new dinars to the dollar, equivalent to 1,170 current dinars to the dollar.

According to this document I beleive it basically says it will be a wash. The words 'new' and 'current' are the key. Just my interpretation.

So my next question is how many of these new notes can we buy with our currency we already have?? or trade for if that's the case because then we would come out ahead if they value them 1.17 -1 right?

READ THIS CLOSELY AGAIN WITH NEW EMPHASIS ADDED...

A redenomination of the Iraqi currency would not lead to a revaluation by the same amount, and may have no effect on the currency’s value. Under a redenomination, a new currency replaces an old currency, but the value of the currency remains the same. On June 21, 2011, the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) announced that it would be implementing a redenomination of the Iraqi dinar. Under the proposed redenomination, the Iraqi government would issue a new dinar note that will be equivalent to 1000 current dinars. The exchange rate would be 1.17 new dinars to the dollar, equivalent to 1,170 current dinars to the dollar.

AS I READ THIS, IT MEANS THAT IRAQ WILL ISSUE A 1 DINAR NOTE THAT IS EQUAL TO 1000 DINARS... SO THEN, THE NEW 1 DINAR NOTE WILL EQUAL THE OLD 1000 DINAR NOTE... BUT THAT HAS NO EFFECT ON THE CURRENT CURRENCY'S VALUE...WE WOULD NEED TO HOLD 1000 OF THE NEW NOTES TO EQUAL 1000 USD....

SO THIS IS HOW IT GOES...

1 NEW IQD NOTE = 1000 OLD IQD NOTES

1000 OLD NOTES = APPROX 1 USD

HENCE, NO CHANGE... BECAUSE WE HOLD OLD NOTES

THIS = WE ARE SCREWED IF THIS HAPPENS... :angry:

aliens_hudson_game_over.jpg

(Who wrote this damn thing?)

Iraqi Dinar Fact Sheet

July 2011

• The U.S. Treasury does not hold Iraqi dinars. Official U.S. foreign exchange reserve assets are comprised of euro, yen, gold, and Special Drawing Rights (or SDRs), an international reserve asset created by the IMF in 1969 to supplement its member countries’ official reserves.

• A redenomination of the Iraqi currency would not lead to a revaluation by the same amount, and may have no effect on the currency’s value. Under a redenomination, a new currency replaces an old currency, but the value of the currency remains the same. On June 21, 2011, the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) announced that it would be implementing a redenomination of the Iraqi dinar. Under the proposed redenomination, the Iraqi government would issue a new dinar note that will be equivalent to 1000 current dinars. The exchange rate would be 1.17 new dinars to the dollar, equivalent to 1,170 current dinars to the dollar.

• As a sovereign nation, Iraq has the sole responsibility for the management of its currency. The U.S. government is not in a position to revalue, or prevent the revaluation of, another country’s currency.

• The Iraqi dinar has been pegged at 1,170 dinars to the U.S. dollar since early January 2009. From 2006 to 2008, the CBI allowed the currency to appreciate by about 20 percent, primarily as a way to combat inflation (see chart at right). Inflation peaked at more than 70 percent in 2006 and has remained below 10 percent since early 2008.

• The Treasury Department does not prohibit U.S. citizens from exchanging dinar for dollars. Treasury is not aware of any U.S. financial institution engaged in the exchange of Iraqi dinars though there are some online money services businesses (MSBs) that advertise this service. Treasury requires certain MSBs to register with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), but does not recommend or endorse any such business.

• Executive Order 13303 does not pertain to U.S. citizens’ investments in the Iraqi dinar. The Order protects assets of the Development Fund for Iraq (DFI) and other Iraqi assets from legal attachments or liens. The Coalition Provisional Authority created the DFI in 2003 in order to promote the transparent use of Iraqi funds for purposes benefiting the people of Iraq.

Edited by horns

THIS DOCUMENT CLEARLY STATES A REDEMONINATION.... NOT GOOD NEWS TO ME!!!!

My take on the rate is that the $1000 dinar note will be equivalent to $1.17 USD. Which is about what it is now.

1170 (rate) divided by 1000 current dinars = 1.170 to the USD.

New currency could be considered the lower denoms and for ease of explanation they used the example of a $1000 note. (even though the "3 zeros" aren't going to be around much longer.. or are they?)

Hmmm.. I don't know that I hold too much belief in that document..

Just sayin'..

:D