Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinarvets has Spyware Watching your every move

streakinblue2

I have had 2 pop up adds recently appear after doing a google search.

One was while in North Carolina looking for an enclosed car hauler trailer.

Shortly after, an add appeared that listed trailers for sale in the upper left corner

of DV website.

Today, I was looking for a vehicle tracking system to install in my company vehicles.

I currently use a company now, but am unhappy with them. Anyway, after my search,

in the upper left hand corner of the DV website, a add popped advertising....guess what???

GPS.......what gives. Does DV have spyware?

Has this happened to anyone else?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Oh boy ... here we go again. PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT VIP AND SEE THE ADS .... Complain to Google for using your cookies not DV or Adam. Google Ad words pull from your search habits and check it against Google's database which then displays ads that are similar.

• Upvote 4

No...no problems at all. It's probably your "GOOGLE" search engine? Did you put an "S" after the "http" in the search bar?

I use Firefox and Internet Explorer.....can be a different page from the page that I have DV up on.

I have had it happen to me twice.....very strange that pop up ads on DV are advertising

the same topic (GPS and trailers) just after I have done a search.....just sayin

Oh boy ... here we go again. PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT VIP AND SEE THE ADS .... Complain to Google for using your cookies not DV or Adam. Google Ad words pull from your search habits and check it against Google's database which then displays ads that are similar.

This IS your answer.

Welcome to the World Wide Web of Google.

I use Firefox and Internet Explorer.....can be a different page from the page that I have DV up on.

I have had it happen to me twice.....very strange that pop up ads on DV are advertising

the same topic (GPS and trailers) just after I have done a search.....just sayin

PLEASE read what Munsch posted above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and you will find your answer!!!!!

• Upvote 2

No it's not spyware... Companies use tracking(not as harmful as it sounds) cookies to display ads on similar networks of advertisers. If you block cookies you also disable nearly every single site you have to login to.

Shortly after, an add appeared that listed trailers for sale in the upper left corner

of DV website.

Today, I was looking for a vehicle tracking system to install in my company vehicles.

I currently use a company now, but am unhappy with them. Anyway, after my search,

in the upper left hand corner of the DV website, a add popped advertising....guess what???

• Upvote 1

of DV website.

Use that "startpage" search engine. No cookies. I guess that's Google's early response to a congressional bill to stop tracking cookies. All ISP's are going to have to offer that service with no tracking cookies at all.

By the way, if you try "startpage", don't opt for the version that always looks for a secure website, IT REALLY TAKES A LOT LONGER. Had to delete it and reload to get rid of it.

I have always seen the ads on the upper page of DV on the right and left of DV website.

How can Google or Firefox put Ads on DV Website? I am not upset with Adam or DV, just wondering.

The two ads, one from a GPS company, and another from a trailer manufacture on the east coast

appeared IN THE UPPER LEFT AND RIGHT corners of the DV website. Usually, the ads that are there

are usually either for the sale of Dinar or Dating sights...........

Go RV

of DV website.

Maybe it's Google, the BILLION dollar company trying to target your needs. Not DV the website that might make in the thousands of dollars. But I just have common sense and a couple BS degrees so what do I know.

:lol:

DV does not have spyware, calm down. :lol:

Google is magical and mysterious, I have no idea how they know what you are looking for... but they do.

Adam, There is an ad from FleetMatics on the top of your website (on my screen anyway). Are they paying you? They sure

should be.

I did a search for another company an hour or so ago (20 minutes before posting on this site) and FleetMatics is advertising

on your site?? I wish I could copy and paste it so you could see it

I have always seen the ads on the upper page of DV on the right and left of DV website.

How can Google or Firefox put Ads on DV Website? I am not upset with Adam or DV, just wondering.

The two ads, one from a GPS company, and another from a trailer manufacture on the east coast

appeared IN THE UPPER LEFT AND RIGHT corners of the DV website. Usually, the ads that are there

are usually either for the sale of Dinar or Dating sights...........

Go RV

If you are not VIP then the website is setup by the admin to allow you to see ads as you see, but the ads displayed are determined by Google through your internet habits or search criteria based on Google's database criteria against your cookies. The admin takes these ad pages off if you upgrade to VIP. Besides the other benefits of VIP I mainly like it where I don't have to scroll down to see what I want to read.

• Upvote 2

Use a Mac. It'll diminish your chances of spyware exponentially. I've used one for five years and have never once had spyware. My wife's work PC has to run a spyware/virus scan weekly and it always finds something that needs quarantined or deleted.

And yes, Adam is very correct- Google is mysterious and they know what you like.

of DV website.

Google Ad words pull from your search habits and check it against Google's database which then displays ads that are similar.

that may be true but i don't go to dating sites so why do i get the ads for asian dating? the ads don't bother me but just curious why dating site ads appear.

that may be true but i don't go to dating sites so why do i get the ads for asian dating? the ads don't bother me but just curious why dating site ads appear.

I dont go to dating sites either.....or other Dinar Sites. I figured Adam was being paid for ADS on his website.

But I have a strong feeling that the two ads i am referring to do not pay Adam.

One thought.....I am not a geek........was someone trying to tell me that google can add advertising

to this website (meaning DV) ???

Anyway.....not that important

of DV website.

You were probably not noticing, but this is a normal thing for any site, not just DV or dinar sites in general. i search for numerous items and this always happens with me. Just ignore it, it's just spyware that captures your spending happens. Clear out your cookies once in awhile and your golden.

Thxs for the heads up though. it's nice to know members are watching out for each other. That alone is good for a +1 from me.

pp

• Upvote 1

They are not pop up ads, they are paid ad spaces. Every webmaster can have these ads on their site if they desire to. Google is 80% of the search market online and by putting recently searched for relevant ads in front of a customers eyeballs enough times translates into sales. I agree that the consumers search habits should not be tracked then in an attempt to monetize that consumer google puts our eyes on the ads, not a big fan of it but companies pay big money for targeted lead generation.

Maybe the spyware is so sophisticated now it reads your mind as to what you really want !!!! er, ah...wait a minute, then that would mean all I ever think about is....... scratch that idea, I hope THAT is not true... :D

pp