Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sonny1 drive by :) 8/1/11 am

kcw

You are the man sonny1. I got your back 10 fold. Have a great week end, thanks for stopping by.

pp

thanks p.p your awesome.

what i failed to mention in our debate last night, was the fact that iraq has 300 billion in there reserves (50+250 just regained from dfi) they can electronicly convert dollars to dinar, and have plenty to cover the rv. then after the rv re-configure.

• Upvote 6

Sonny1: I read your debate last night (thanks so much!). I tend to keep things very simple and logical in my mind (almost too simple for some people), and the gentleman that you were debating seemed very intelligent and he had all the facts and figures...but sometimes when people take on all kinds of facts and figures, they can't see the forest among the trees. He talked about Iraq having no private sector, their poverty level, and them being illiterate. My question is: what was Iraq like when Saddam (an oppressive dictator and mass murderer) was in power? It had no private sector and the people were oppressed (to say the least) and yet because of their oil (and their oil alone), their Dinar was around $3.00 in value...am I correct? The only reason why the Dinar plummeted is because their ruler was wiped out...leaving the country completely exposed.

Also, it happened almost over night. This is a very unusual circumstance...it's not like it's value gradually decreased (say like the USD). Now, I'm not a "$3.00 RV believer" (eventually, yes). But, it had that value at one point and you simply cannot overlook that fact. So if it plummeted overnight, why couldn't it increase "overnight"? It was this very simple line of thinking that brought me to the Dinar investment

I look forward to your comments. These aren't rhetorical questions...I would like to know if you think my line of thought is correct

Thanks sonny1!

• Upvote 2

thanks p.p your awesome.

what i failed to mention in our debate last night, was the fact that iraq has 300 billion in there reserves (50+250 just regained from dfi) they can electronicly convert dollars to dinar, and have plenty to cover the rv. then after the rv re-configure.

Actually, we are only speculating & assuming that the DFI funds will be added to the foreign reserves.

But, on a side note, what people fail to realize and account for is U.S. bonds that they have...

Some are short-term, some are long-term.

And.... their worth quite a bit :)

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, I so hope you are right but... IMO the $250Billion from the DFI was the total amount deposited in there since 2003! Not how much was transferred back into Iraq's control. I will say there is a lot of disinformation from this in the media so it is very confusing. The DFI usually has between $5Billion and $10Billion in the account after each year. Some of that is residual carry over from T-Bill investments year to year. I will say... that there is conflicting statements and understanding from the articles you be the judge. Here are 3 separate arguments below for you to determine what you think.

I think if they had those huge amounts they would have paid Kuwait the full $20 Billion outstanding immediately instead of just paying $1Billion as recent articles suggest they reduced the debt to $19Billion. Why not release yourself fully from Ch. 7 Kuwait issues if you got it???

Iraq is now in charge of its own finances. Its central bank has taken control of the DFI, which consists of an estimated $50 billion held at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and an Iraqi Committee of Financial Experts (COFE) will play the oversight and auditing role previously performed by IAMB.

So what the heck is going on here... This articles says $50 Billion in the DFI. http://uslaboragains...le.php?id=24409

Iraq's administration received two hundred and fifty billion dollars of oil money that had been under international trusteeship .. This figure, equivalent to more than three times the budget for Iraq this year, according to experts could add great strength of the financial position of Iraq on the international level. In addition, he gives the Iraqi government impetus to significant economic and freedom to choose investments that would like funding.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1RBV1xdDC

This article above says $250 Billion which you can read the article in full with the link provided. It was also dated July 04, 2011.

Then you have this:

http://www.iamb.info...20-%20Final.pdf

It says at the end of 2010 it had $7.5 Billion in the DFI and at the end of 2009 it had $9.9 Billion.

So how much is in there transferring from the DFI and which article is telling the truth??? :huh:

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, I so hope you are right but... IMO the $250Billion from the DFI was the total amount deposited in there since 2003! Not how much was transferred back into Iraq's control. I will say there is a lot of disinformation from this in the media so it is very confusing. The DFI usually has between $5Billion and $10Billion in the account after each year. Some of that is residual carry over from T-Bill investments year to year. I will say... that there is conflicting statements and understanding from the articles you be the judge. Here are 3 separate arguments below for you to determine what you think.

I think if they had those huge amounts they would have paid Kuwait the full $20 Billion outstanding immediately instead of just paying $1Billion as recent articles suggest they reduced the debt to $19Billion. Why not release yourself fully from Ch. 7 Kuwait issues if you got it???

This article above says $250 Billion which you can read the article in full with the link provided. It was also dated July 04, 2011.

Then you have this:

http://www.iamb.info...20-%20Final.pdf

It says at the end of 2010 it had $7.5 Billion in the DFI and at the end of 2009 it had $9.9 Billion.

So how much is in there transferring from the DFI and which article is telling the truth??? :huh:

I was reading a "huge" PDF file the other day showing that each year they were showing a surplus.

But they claim a defecit when they do their budget.

Strange, right? You read one thing somewhere & the opposite from another angle.

Stressful at times.... Which to believe? (Depends, are you optimistic, or pessimistic...)

Their revenues were exceeding their expenditures every year... Where was that money funneled to?

I think they have some T-Bills which could be put into play in the foreign reserves, but even that is questionable at times.. Upon maturity, where is that $ going?

I think the duration of t-bills goes 3 mo., 6 mo., & 1 year.

I would love to find more detailed information on the following:

How many T-bills they own

When each T-bill will mature

& How much each T-bill will be worth upon maturity

I was reading a "huge" PDF file the other day showing that each year they were showing a surplus.

But they claim a defecit when they do their budget.

Strange, right? You read one thing somewhere & the opposite from another angle.

Stressful at times.... Which to believe? (Depends, are you optimistic, or pessimistic...)

Their revenues were exceeding their expenditures every year... Where was that money funneled to?

I think they have some T-Bills which could be put into play in the foreign reserves, but even that is questionable at times.. Upon maturity, where is that $ going?

I think the duration of t-bills goes 3 mo., 6 mo., & 1 year.

I would love to find more detailed information on the following:

How many T-bills they own

When each T-bill will mature

& How much each T-bill will be worth upon maturity

The truth is neither optimistic or pessimistic. It is merely the truth and the starting point for one to become one of the two. I need the truth so I can make realistic guesses and spot trends.

To me... The DFI was a flow through account that paid for most everything in Iraq. The oil industry makes up 90% of the GDP and that revenue was forced to go through the DFI for UN auditing purposes and so that they could subtract out 5% to the Kuwait fund. So if it makes up 90% of GDP and is only a savings account how the heck was Iraq paying for anything else? The answer to me is that it flowed right back through. To me... the money comes in and goes into a T bill account to earn interest, at the same time... other T bills are maturing and being released to Iraq to pay for infrastructure and GOI services. It is a flow through with a interest mechanism. That is my opinion.

I agree that it is totally confusing about the surplus and deficit numbers. A lot of times they are referring to completely different things though and we just jumble them together. It is not uncommon for them to be in a budget deficit. They plan on that deficit because they hope oil prices will be higher than the budget number they base their projections of the budget on. Hoping the difference will be made up. If their revenues were exceeding their expenditures why would they require the IMF assistant stand-by loans for the budget shortfalls year after year? I think a lot of the times the ministries might not have been spending the monies too. Pehaps the surplus was the interest from the DFI? All depends on the context of what you read I suppose. Projects that failed or contractors that walked away stuff at years end could leave them with a surplus too. I dunno! :D

Edited by drox
  • Upvote 1

It would be interesting to see what they do with some T-bills that mature.. I think I recall hearing one is worth roughly 90 billion USD.

I would try and post a PDF file that shows they have a surplus year after year, but... I don't have access to it at the moment.

It also went into great detail about their exports - and it appears they export quite a bit of stuff.

They were slightly in a defecit when you do not account for crude exports, and when you account for crude exports, they enter a surplus.