Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Members discussion thread for the Debate: Lop vs No Lop, Sonny1 and jmw

Members of DV that would like to discuss the Great Debate between Sonny1 and jmw PLEASE do so in this thread so that we don't have 50 different threads opened all over the forum talking about this debate!!

Thanks

Bump

Good Job: Sonny1 and jmw tip_hat.gif

• Upvote 2

Sonny1 just did not support his position very well, basically restating that because of Iraq's vast natural resources, it can only RV. I'd take 30 cents in a second, but all signs point to an RV NOT coming to pass.

The article at the end that Sonny1 referenced was really just a commercial for a subscription newsletter ... stage one internet marketing for 'list building'.

TS

Sonny1 just did not support his position very well, basically restating that because of Iraq's vast natural resources, it can only RV. I'd take 30 cents in a second, but all signs point to an RV NOT coming to pass.

The article at the end that Sonny1 referenced was really just a commercial for a subscription newsletter ... stage one internet marketing for 'list building'.

TS

your right, it was very hard going against the numbers, jmw is a sharp guy, and i knew he had numbers on his side, but a situation like this has never been, and i think our chances for a rv look real good.

• Upvote 7

If were looking at hard facts then jmw has them in abundance, but sonnys positive thinking really sways me..i think both made good points and both agree with each other to an extent, but we dont know what they will do...its all speculative!

• Upvote 2

TS

I think the difference was that jmw presented WAY more facts, figures, articles, black and white "read it for yourself" articles than sonny did. Sonny's argument was more abstract (but still equally valid). I still believe the rv will happen, but I definately see the LOP possibility now that I've seen all of this information with my own eyes.

your right, it was very hard going against the numbers, jmw is a sharp guy, and i knew he had numbers on his side, but a situation like this has never been, and i think our chances for a rv look real good.

Sonny1,

You know about where I stand on this debate.

I congratulate on your conviction, and your willingness to present your side of the coin.

After all, you said it best; we are all here for the same reason.... Not to be here anymore.

Great Debate.

Kudos

• Upvote 2

If were looking at hard facts then jmw has them in abundance, but sonnys positive thinking really sways me..i think both made good points and both agree with each other to an extent, but we dont know what they will do...its all speculative!

This pretty much sums up why SO much Dinar has been sold during the last 18 months (my initial purchase included). 1) Preference to think positively in the face of (apparent) facts, news reports. 2) I guess it's speculative, but less so inasmuch as they keep telling us that they're going to remove 3 zeros -- after they do it, will we continue to argue that they can't or won't?

TS

• Upvote 1

I think you did fine Sonny1 nice job and thanks! JMW outstanding for sure, thank you!

Truth is we need both of you around here! Sound fundamentals on one side and a unique to the world situation with a country basically starting over. Who knows how it will shake out in the end. Be responsible stewards of your money in this investment and learn what you can on all sides of the argument. Have the patience of a long term investor but the hope of a lotto ticket owner. Whatever happens you already won!

This pretty much sums up why SO much Dinar has been sold during the last 18 months (my initial purchase included). 1) Preference to think positively in the face of (apparent) facts, news reports. 2) I guess it's speculative, but less so inasmuch as they keep telling us that they're going to remove 3 zeros -- after they do it, will we continue to argue that they can't or won't?

TS

Hi Reserve,

Bet what you can afford to loose, the debate will always be 50/50 lop/no lop. Its a flip of a coin. How much are you willing to bet on heads?

• Upvote 1

Thanks to both sonny1 and jmw. Another reason why Dinar Vets is a top drawer site. While I commend jmw for the huge amount of research he brings to the table, like all the folks who are leaning toward an RD, the main thrust of his argument is "here's what's been done in the past." That may have been valid under a situation where we could be sure the world financial system's foundation will remain the same going forward, but every day brings more evidence that it won't remain that way.

In contrast, sonny1 makes a very good case that Iraq's situation is unique, and that we can't rely solely on historical precedent to help us determine what will happen in the future. None of the previous RDs occurred under the circumstances in which Iraq now finds itself.

Again, good job, both of you. Overall, a good debate.

Nice job guys. That went pretty well considering the difficulty of the format. Thanks for the great effort.

Only two points I would address that weren't completely answered:

#1) Sonny said: is that your response, by the way no country in the history of the world had as much oil as iraq and is pumping 2mbpd and had a negative 1170 as there exchange, see your numbers are great, but this is a situation that has never been.

My own answer: Iran is right next door to Iraq, pumps TWICE as much oil per day as Iraq, with about the same quantity of proven Oil Reserves, and their currency is worth about 9 times LESS than that of Iraq. So it would seem that this argument is pretty much out the window, unless I missed the point somehow.

#2) Sonny said: "the coins dont matter? I hope they have a good semi driver on speed dial so when they go to the supermarket he can come and hump all those coins to get milk and bread at 1170"

My own answer: Once again, the RD/RV scenario is being completely ignored, insisting on using the LOP word instead of accepting that the value would change simultaneously. If they remove the three zeros, and SIMULTANEOUSLY RV, then the value of that One Dinar coin is worth at the very least, 86 cents, and possibly as much as $3 or more, depending on the RV amount. It would no longer be worth only 1170, so obviously there would be no need for a semi to hump the coins.

Edited by Legolas
  • Upvote 1