Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What is your Job/Career Title and Do you enjoy it

blonde_minx

Ok I'll start this off, :)

I am what they call in the trade an Antique Silver dealer, this entails going to fine art auctions say 3 times a week and bidding on Silver that can be anything from 10 years old to 300 years old, then off i go to London to sell to the Antique shops, the auctions can be long and boring but sometimes it can be great fun, :) as you get to know the other dealers very well, have coffee together and a chat, but as soon as the auction starts its dog eats dog and it can become a bidding war, :angry: though as soon as the day is over so is the fierce competition and we all end up chatting until the next time, you find TV filming at most auctions so its a scramble to hide behind the off camera area, :) , this though does sound like fun it can be tiring and time comsuming, but the benefits are well worth it,

• Upvote 3

I am a Chef of 31 years(started VERY young!!) & a Massage/ Muscular Therapist of 5 years. Love LOVE fricken love what I do. Will I retire IF Dinars hit big$ ? Not on your life !!! :eyebrows:

Headache or hungary anyone ?? I can help you with that ! :lol:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Well... since your from London I will add my TwoCents.gif. I was a chimney sweep for 15 yrs.... wore the top hat and all... yes, I sure did!tip_hat.gif<---- see, told ya! I thought I was a little taller though, oh well! rolleyes.gif Had a lot of fun with that but it was very challenging, hard, dangerous work, and when it came to fire safety I was dead serious. That chapter in my life is over though, I now do remodeling and repairs. I love improving things, then stepping back and enjoying the accomplishment of my sweat equity. I have also picked up carving... would love to do that full time, though it is now just a hobby (check out my gallery if ya wanna see a couple of them... oh yeah, I love the symbolism of eagles). Thanks for the post. I have a sister in London, so when the RV happens I will have to see if some of the Denarians can gather in London at a pub someplace and talk about "the ride this wait was"!tongue.gif

• Upvote 2

I am a Day Trader. I hate it 49% of the time and love it 51% of the time. Lots of pressure as I bet the farm every day from pre-market till after-market hours 7:30 am to 7pm sometimes.

Minx, I have a lot of sheffield silver antique settings, tea and coffee and food servers,my folks bought back in the 50's. Most of it has a dent/depresion on it, don't understand whay. Is that worthless becuse of the damage? Thanks

Currently retired ... hate it!

Many years I was a graphic designer, with my own studio and taught for two universities. Managed to make the crossover between all work done by hand and integrating the computer, first in construction of forms and then computer generated type and then graphics. The problem there was that every office with a computer thought, and still thinks, they can be their own designer. Major miserable design the world over.

But eventually I sold my type and design studio and purchased a weekly community newspaper. Wow ... did that for several years ... title? Owner, Editor, Designer. It was a real hoot. Considering what each week's editorial was I was either loved or hated by half of my readership. The next week's ediotiral would usually turn those numbers around.

Eventually the pace of doing so much work mostly by myself burned me out. I sold the business, took a few courses, and began my own studio again, only this time a massage and therapy studo. Now that was five or six years of the most fun I have had in years.

But eventually health matters made "retirement" necessary. So, now I do what I wish, within reason, mostly hibernate with my cats since losing my husband over a year ago. I am waiting for the RV which will enable me to undertake some projects I am really anxious to start. They are projects that will never have my name attached to them, will help people who have no idea this kind of help is on the way. It is a great way to live an anticipatory life.

So, I guess besides retired, I could state my present occupation as "philanthropist in waiting" and will I like it when it happens ... you bet your asteroids baby!

: ;););)

smee2

• Upvote 2

I am a Day Trader. I hate it 49% of the time and love it 51% of the time. Lots of pressure as I bet the farm every day from pre-market till after-market hours 7:30 am to 7pm sometimes.

Minx, I have a lot of sheffield silver antique settings, tea and coffee and food servers,my folks bought back in the 50's. Most of it has a dent/depresion on it, don't understand whay. Is that worthless becuse of the damage? Thanks

SORRY I didn't proof my message. I really am not an idiot! Sheesh! I'll do better next time. Larry

Well... since your from London I will add my TwoCents.gif. I was a chimney sweep for 15 yrs.... wore the top hat and all... yes, I sure did!tip_hat.gif<---- see, told ya! I thought I was a little taller though, oh well! rolleyes.gif Had a lot of fun with that but it was very challenging, hard, dangerous work, and when it came to fire safety I was dead serious. That chapter in my life is over though, I now do remodeling and repairs. I love improving things, then stepping back and enjoying the accomplishment of my sweat equity. I have also picked up carving... would love to do that full time, though it is now just a hobby (check out my gallery if ya wanna see a couple of them... oh yeah, I love the symbolism of eagles). Thanks for the post. I have a sister in London, so when the RV happens I will have to see if some of the Denarians can gather in London at a pub someplace and talk about "the ride this wait was"!tongue.gif

Wow, the cat with the remote look very lifelike :D . Seriously, very talented. I'm envious.

Was a carpenter. I've been a financial planner for 26 years. In addition I was recently I was talked into a part-time position in local government. The planning has become stressful. The government position is thankless, so it would be great if this RVed. I would quit both and go back into carpentry/woodworking.

• Upvote 1

Currently retired ... hate it!

Many years I was a graphic designer, with my own studio and taught for two universities. Managed to make the crossover between all work done by hand and integrating the computer, first in construction of forms and then computer generated type and then graphics. The problem there was that every office with a computer thought, and still thinks, they can be their own designer. Major miserable design the world over.

But eventually I sold my type and design studio and purchased a weekly community newspaper. Wow ... did that for several years ... title? Owner, Editor, Designer. It was a real hoot. Considering what each week's editorial was I was either loved or hated by half of my readership. The next week's ediotiral would usually turn those numbers around.

Eventually the pace of doing so much work mostly by myself burned me out. I sold the business, took a few courses, and began my own studio again, only this time a massage and therapy studo. Now that was five or six years of the most fun I have had in years.

But eventually health matters made "retirement" necessary. So, now I do what I wish, within reason, mostly hibernate with my cats since losing my husband over a year ago. I am waiting for the RV which will enable me to undertake some projects I am really anxious to start. They are projects that will never have my name attached to them, will help people who have no idea this kind of help is on the way. It is a great way to live an anticipatory life.

So, I guess besides retired, I could state my present occupation as "philanthropist in waiting" and will I like it when it happens ... you bet your asteroids baby!

: ;););)

smee2

I love the "Philanthropist in waiting" remark !!!! I gonna use that in the future, just try & stop me !! :P

• Upvote 1

Actor. Love it. WHEN I work... :D ... Been in the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) since 1996... and a member of the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA) since 1998....

Good times :)

I teach "underwater fire-prevention" at Prarie Land Community College in Nutsack, Oklahoma.

I smell BS :lol:

• Upvote 1

II am a woman automotive technician gets harder every year older i get. I have my own shop so i can be selective of the jobs I do. A customer told me about dinar. I like what I do and really enjoy my customers. Life is good.

• Upvote 1

I can share too. I work as an aerospace systems engineer with a specialization of electronic communications. I started out in the U.S. Navy as an avionics technician and served eight years there. Afterwards I began work in ground communications systems which supported a national defense satellite program. B) I later was hired to help design integration lab mockups for NASA's Orion spacecraft program. Under the Constellation program, Orion ships were to be part of man's next endeavor to further explore the moon and later, the planet Mars. The mockups I and others worked on were system to system and wire to wire copies of the spacecraft. I am quite proud to have been part of that team! Sadly, the program was terminated due to NASA getting hit with a presidential directive that ended all funding. So it goes in this new age we enter with no manned space vehicles we can call own. :mellow:

After the RV I will do some fun things like golf, travel, and build my own company. I might write some sci-fi novels since I got the 'bug' from working on the NASA project. Can't seem to shake it! :) One other idea I have is to form an on-line publishing company to get fresh new thoughts in the form of stories out to the world from budding authors out there. Nothing big mind you, just something to explore in the next couple of years.

Hope I didn't put too many of y'all to sleep! :D

Good luck to everyone and go go go RV!!!

Edited by Cosmo
  • Upvote 1

Great post, :) we will definately arrange a meet in London when this is over

It is not worthless even with dents as this can be taken to a silversmith for repair, Sheffield silver doesnt command as good a price as what they call solid silver over here (925) but a full tea service if it is made by a collectable silversmith could still be worth a good amount, if i could see the markings i could tell you ;)

I'm a zookeeper, I work in the monkey section. It's pretty entertaining at times. :D

ha ha ha :lol:

Great post, :) we will definately arrange a meet in London when this is over

It is not worthless even with dents as this can be taken to a silversmith for repair, Sheffield silver doesnt command as good a price as what they call solid silver over here (925) but a full tea service if it is made by a collectable silversmith could still be worth a good amount, if i could see the markings i could tell you ;)

ha ha ha :lol:Adam when you do a chat on here it must remind you of work, feeding time at the zoo, we are all like hungry Monkeys :lol:

I'm a 6th degree Master in Taekwondo. I currently own two Martial Arts schools in Dallas and am currently the 2011 World Champion with the sword. I've been changing lives through Martial Arts for about 22 years now.

I absolutely love what I do!! Post RV, I plan to continue running my two schools, but with a lot less stress! And of course more time to travel with my family and also teach Self-Defense & Bully Prevention to groups & communities free of charge.

• Upvote 2

I worked on the Offshore Oil Production Riggs.for years (around about 21),.off the coast of Louisiana, contract welder,and then i spent 3 years working in Arizona,building power plants and working in the mines,where i would love to retire too,i love doing volunteer (police) Law Enforcement,im sorta like an action junkie,front row, lol,

Edited by double_duce_duce
  • Upvote 1

As of July 7th 2011 I was medically Retired from the U.S. Army. I served as the medic for infantry operations groups. I was severely injured in combat in 2009 (not my first injury but the one that ended my carrier) While recovering I wanted to find a way to continue to help Soldiers and others who needed it so I founded a non-profit called Black Sheep Farms Georgia and that is what I do now. www.blacksheepfarmsga.com

Edited by Black.Sheep
  • Upvote 5

As of July 7th 2011 I was medically Retired from the U.S. Army. I served as the medic for infantry operations groups. I was severely injured in combat in 2009 (not my first injury but the one that ended my carrier) While recovering I wanted to find a way to continue to help Soldiers and others who needed it so I founded a non-profit called Black Sheep Farms Georgia and that is what I do now. www.blacksheepfarmsga.com

when this thing RV's i will give a donation, a little from all means a lot to so many

• Upvote 2

when this thing RV's i will give a donation, a little from all means a lot to so many

WOW blondie, Thanks. 100% of whatever the non-profit gets in donations goes back out to the organizations we support because our ranch pays our bills so we keep no money to pay our overhead. Your statement " a little from all means a lot to so many" is VERY true. The Grand Canyon was formed by rain drops adding to a river that was already in place; A lot of LITTLE drops from A LOT of places did SO MUCH.

smile.gifI am an in home childcare provider.. At it for 33 yrs..Very good business and I've been blessed, but oh so tired of taking care of those sweet little angels..:)...so when RV happens I will be able to be found on the beach somewhere.. probably in Gulf Shores Alabama...livin it up!!!!!! wink.gif
  • Upvote 1