Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

In memory of dinar dog

2 dead in motorcycle accident after fleeing from police

July 29th, 2011 @ 2:53pm

By ksl.com

PRICE — Two people riding a bullet bike that law enforcers clocked at 134 mph were killed early Friday after apparently failing to negotiate a turn.

The names of the man and woman, both from the Carbon County area, were not immediately released pending notification of family members.

The incident began about 2 a.m. when a Price police officer saw a motorcycle speeding down Main Street, said Carbon County Sheriff's Capt. Guy Adams. Another Price officer spotted the bike a short time later near 100 North and attempted to pull it over, he said.

Price officers lost sight of the bullet bike near 800 North. It was last seen traveling an estimated 95 mph, Adams said.

Police terminated their chase at that point. A Carbon County sheriff's deputy spotted the motorcycle a short time later on Cedar Hills Drive and picked up the pursuit, he said. The motorcycle went through a grocery store parking lot onto state Route 55 and U.S. 6, Adams said.

Once the motorcycle hit the long, straight pavement of U.S. 6 heading toward Wellington, the driver accelerated to a speed of 134 mph. Law enforcers terminated their pursuit at that point for safety reasons, Adams said.

The chase lasted six minutes.

More than an hour later, about 3:20 a.m., employees of Union Pacific notified the sheriff's office of a possible body near the railroad tracks. Deputies found the bodies of a man and a woman and a motorcycle that appeared to have crashed, he said.

Investigators believe the bullet bike was traveling at a high rate of speed and failed to make the turn leading into Wellington, went off the road and hit a delineator pole, Adams said. Neither the driver nor the occupant was wearing a helmet.

"It appeared they were killed on impact," Adams said.

Email:preavy@ksl.com

View Larger Map

He was a member on here and a personal friend of mine he hasnt been on for awhile because of all the ups and downs we have been reading he used to be on the chat room alot and i am sure a lot of the older members will remember him

So sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to family and friends. :(

• Upvote 2

He was a member on here and a personal friend of mine he hasnt been on for awhile because of all the ups and downs we have been reading he used to be on the chat room alot and i am sure a lot of the older members will remember him

'cravenslc',

The Dinar Vet's Family and I are very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. May you find comfort in the wonderful memories of your friend and our thoughts and prayers will be with you, as well with his family!

God Bless you and your friend, "Dinar Dog"!

Respectfully,

GG

I remember. R.I.P.

you can see his obituary in the salt lake tribune i hope this isnt too much information for the internet .he has four young daughters and if anyone would like to contribute to a trust fro them the information is in the obit under simmons

I am so sorry to hear about your friend and his passenger. Will be praying for his family and friends as they try to find peace and understanding through this time. So tragic. :(

Thank you What is really strange is he was ex law enforcement and just told me a week ago he was thinking about rejoining the sheriffs department

Damn.

This is why I've always chewed some butt when I worked at a mototrcycle dealership.

There is no reason to run that outweighs death. It sucks and lost a few friends the same way.

I feel for you and his family and am sorry to hear this.

I feel sorry for your loss.

I feel sorry for his friends and family who will miss him.

I feel sorry for the friends and family of his passenger who will forever be asking that quesiton "Why?"

But truthfully, I find it difficult to feel sorry for your friend, who knew exactly the risk he was taking, not only with his own life, but that of an innocent passenger. As an ex-police officer he knew better than most what smashed person looks like and just how quickly that one little misjudgment in balance or speed can make. Oh, I will put him in my prayers too because they all are going to need all the help they can get, but ... it is such a stupid waste of a good person, don't you think?

Hope you find peace over this ... even though it isn't our doing we always try to think of ways we might have made some difference, kept them off the road that night.

:(

smee2

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4