Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

2 Remaining Days til beginning of Ramadan

cgbrown

From Dinar speculation: per Adam Montana

The three major elements to a Revaulation of the Iraqi dinar are the HCL, the GOI, and Chapter 7.

GOI (Government of Iraq)This one should be a no-brainer, but I’ll break it down. 8 years ago the value of the Iraqi Dinar plummeted and the country was thrown into darkness almost overnight. Since then, the country of Iraq has worked it’s way back from that devastation and they now have a pretty efficient democratic process in place! There could NEVER have been a revaluation of the now devalued Iraqi Dinar without a reasonably sufficient government to back it up.

In my opinion, we now have a government that is sufficiently capable of handling a more valuable currency.

GOI – CHECK!!!!!Unfortunately… this is only one of three necessary items. Here are the other two items:

Chapter 7 restrictionsChapter 7 lifted – NOT YET.

HCL (Hydro Carbon Law)HCL resolved – NOT YET

Agreements are pending on BOTH of these items! I am hearing rumors that there is a push to get both of these items forced through at almost the same time. If this happens before Ramadan, I believe we could be seeing movement on the Dinar VERY soon!

Ok--- looks like we still have 2 out of the three unresolved. July 30, 31 are the two remaining days before the beginning of Ramadan. Sunday being the first day of their business week ....... could be a target day for some big announcement. I am hopeful at least.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Go RV!

I hope Sunday is the day just as most of you on here. However, I do hope that Iraq is ready for this big event and not just jumping into a sea without a life preserver. I could see Iraq being in worse economic and governmental termoil down the road if they make this jump and aren't ready for it.

Edited by M A Lev

i'am getting the impression that alot of people think that iraq is going to shut down during Ramadan which is furthest from the truth, it is a time of fast and refraining during sunrise to sunset. Nothing else will stop, everything will go on as "normal"

• Upvote 6

I made a list of things to go camping, and as soon as I got the three most important items on my list into my backpack, I left for the weekend. I had my tent, my sleeping bag, and a bag of groceries. I couldn't raise my tent - no stakes, rope or hammer to pound the stakes - no shelter. I had my sleeping bag, but no dropcloth to put it on when it rained - no sleep and a long night. I couldn't get a fire lit without matches- rubbing two sticks together was a skill I didn't have. No food. I gave up and went home because I didn't have all of the little things that I needed to support the most important things.

Folks, just because Iraq MAY finish off the HCL, Chapter 7 and GOI, doesn't mean that they will instantaneously RV (or whatever), no matter what we think that THEY HAVE PUT US THROUGH. Ha. They have so many other little, important items that they must have in order. They have seen what Turkey went through and realize that they only have ONE chance to get this right. Stop believing that it will be done minutes after the top three are done.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Looks like a beautiful summer weekend (unless you're in S. Texas)...go out and enjoy it!

I am up for an RI/RV Sunday when the CBI opens, and if so it will be Tueday before we get our overnight mail from Monday in order to start cashing some in...plenty of time to put your plans into action then! (I added mint leaves, lime, sugar, and a muddler to my drink umbrella kit...I'll start testing it with new varieties of rum once the RI/RV happens) "Some beach, somewhere..." - J. Buffett

• Upvote 1

I made a list of things to go camping, and as soon as I got the three most important items on my list into my backpack, I left for the weekend. I had my tent, my sleeping bag, and a bag of groceries. I couldn't raise my tent - no stakes, rope or hammer to pound the stakes - no shelter. I had my sleeping bag, but no dropcloth to put it on when it rained - no sleep and a long night. I couldn't get a fire lit without matches- rubbing two sticks together was a skill I didn't have. No food. I gave up and went home because I didn't have all of the little things that I needed to support the most important things.

Folks, just because Iraq MAY finish off the HCL, Chapter 7 and GOI, doesn't mean that they will instantaneously RV (or whatever), no matter what we think that THEY HAVE PUT US THROUGH. Ha. They have so many other little, important items that they must have in order. They have seen what Turkey went through and realize that they only have ONE chance to get this right. Stop believing that it will be done minutes after the top three are done.

I just went camping and I brought everything!! The stakes, tarp to put the tent on, the hammer, EVERYTHING! But it rained and rained and rained. The stakes wouldn't stay in the ground so we couldn't get the tent to stay UP! We gave up and went to a hotel and drank!

Just because you have everything, it still might not happen. It could still rain on this parade!! EVEN IF ALL 3 ITEMS ARE FINISHED!

:blink:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just went camping and I brought everything!! The stakes, tarp to put the tent on, the hammer, EVERYTHING! But it rained and rained and rained. The stakes wouldn't stay in the ground so we couldn't get the tent to stay UP! We gave up and went to a hotel and drank!

Just because you have everything, it still might not happen. It could still rain on this parade!! EVEN IF ALL 3 ITEMS ARE FINISHED!

:blink:

BUT.....even if it rains....there could this be a rainbow...a BIG, BEAUTIFUL, RV rainbow!!! A girl can dream! :D

• Upvote 2

Actually, although Ramadan starts on the 1st, the holiday starts the evening before. So we only have 1 business day left.

Note that in the Muslim calander, a holiday begins on the sunset of the previous day, so observing Muslims will celebrate Ramadan on the sunset of Sunday, the 31st of July.

Actually, although Ramadan starts on the 1st, the holiday starts the evening before. So we only have 1 business day left.

Note that in the Muslim calander, a holiday begins on the sunset of the previous day, so observing Muslims will celebrate Ramadan on the sunset of Sunday, the 31st of July.

I'd give 1 of ur ovaries for an RV on Sunday ! :o

Sorry HV, I had to do it. :rolleyes:

If it's any consolation, we will get a Piñata of Okie at the Post RV Party in Vegas and U can have the 1st Wack ! :D

B) B) B)

• Upvote 3

If it's any consolation, we will get a Piñata of Okie at the Post RV Party in Vegas and U can have the 1st Wack ! :D

B) B) B)

Omg! How was my comment funnier coming from you??? I'm laughing so hard right now. I'd give both for an RV and adopt a little African American baby like Madonna.

• Upvote 1

Well... you certainly weren't no boyscout then!rolleyes.gif We boy scouts always came prepared... sometimes we even had two of everything. They might be making a list, and checking it twice. Nice try with the attempted illustration... but I'm afraid it "doesn't hold water"!wink.gif

It is all speculation, no one, not even Adam, knows what goes on behind closed doors. There does appear to be plenty of meetings happening where we are hearing "nada" about! Ramadan, imo, won't even stop them if they are serious about getting this done (it can't be worse than Mardi Gras and we managed an adoption during the two weeks of that celebration - it wasn't easy, but we did make progress). Remember, we have been told to look for "surprises" in this whole thing? Well that would sure be something most people wouldn't look for ... progress during Ramadan! Of course I am only speculating myself... after all, it is the ME.

This sounds good at least....I could use all the good new I can get. It is going to be a LONGGGGG month! :D

* Iraqi List: We have received postive reassurances from Maliki regarding Erbil Agreement

July 30th, 2011 06:05 am · Posted in NEWS (Iraq & World Currency)

Iraq confirms receipt of reassuring messages from al-Maliki to apply the terms of agreement of Arbil in the coming period

Confirmed receiving the letters of the Iraqi List “reassuring” from Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to carry out the terms of the Arbil after meeting leaders of the blocs, which was to be held on Saturday.

A member of the coalition in Iraq Talal Zobaie told news public opinion (and babysit): “Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki sent reassuring messages to the leaders of the Iraqi List, includes two days ago to avoid all the problems between the coalitions to complete the implementation of the Convention at the next meeting of Arbil.”

Adding “that the letters did not reach directly to the leader of the list Iyad Allawi, but by a leadership of the Iraqi List.”

For his part, MP for the Iraqi coalition for the desire of coalition MPs and state law to end the political dispute and link to the solution to the current crisis, despite the absence of formal talks.

The MP said Ahmed al-Jubouri in a press statement that “Iraq had submitted requests to the National Alliance, which is awaiting a response,” noting that there is “substantial convergence between the two blocs and the desire of Congress to resolve outstanding differences.”

The Jubouri that “Council not to adopt policies will lead to a problem that may affect the entire political process,” revealing that “there is a split between the Congress on the approval of state law to vote for the adoption of the Law Council of strategic policies within the Council of Representatives.”

Edited by Lotsofdreams

B) B) B)

DT.....I expected a real Man like yourself ( a thug ) should be able to take his responsabilities and not rely on someone else's ( ovaries)... ...So .....Just man up and say you'll give up on of those nuts of yours...(I know it's difficult since we all do love our nuts and we grow affection for them through the years)

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

I take back every negative I've uttered about the fledgling GOI.....look at our pathetic dysfunctional government.......Obama has no plan & does not lead, the House passes two plans, the Senate kills them (in fact, they don't even vote on the House's plans because they aren't man enough to vote on a balance budget)................. :angry:

• Upvote 1

From Dinar speculation: per Adam Montana

The three major elements to a Revaulation of the Iraqi dinar are the HCL, the GOI, and Chapter 7.

GOI (Government of Iraq)This one should be a no-brainer, but I’ll break it down. 8 years ago the value of the Iraqi Dinar plummeted and the country was thrown into darkness almost overnight. Since then, the country of Iraq has worked it’s way back from that devastation and they now have a pretty efficient democratic process in place! There could NEVER have been a revaluation of the now devalued Iraqi Dinar without a reasonably sufficient government to back it up.

In my opinion, we now have a government that is sufficiently capable of handling a more valuable currency.

GOI – CHECK!!!!!Unfortunately… this is only one of three necessary items. Here are the other two items:

Chapter 7 restrictionsChapter 7 lifted – NOT YET.

HCL (Hydro Carbon Law)HCL resolved – NOT YET

Agreements are pending on BOTH of these items! I am hearing rumors that there is a push to get both of these items forced through at almost the same time. If this happens before Ramadan, I believe we could be seeing movement on the Dinar VERY soon!

Ok--- looks like we still have 2 out of the three unresolved. July 30, 31 are the two remaining days before the beginning of Ramadan. Sunday being the first day of their business week ....... could be a target day for some big announcement. I am hopeful at least.

SORRY BUT THEY DO NOT HAVE A GOVERMENT YET,...MALIKI HAS TO MAKE IT FORMAL BY ANNOUNCING THE GOI IS FORMED AND SO FAR THAT HASN'T HAPPEN YET .. :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I take back every negative I've uttered about the fledgling GOI.....look at our pathetic dysfunctional government.......Obama has no plan & does not lead, the House passes two plans, the Senate kills them (in fact, they don't even vote on the House's plans because they aren't man enough to vote on a balance bget)................. :angry:

I'm going to VOTE EVERYONE OF THOSE BASTARDS OUT.