Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Forbes Guy Changes Story

Mod edit: This is not RODs comment, ROD is sharing someone else's comment.

Postscript. After reading several good comments on my Forbes blog exposing the buy Iraqi Dinar get rich quick scheme as a scam' date=' I want to make it very clear that I also believe it’s a scam. My intent for the original blog was to answer tax questions about holding physical currency as an investment, not to drill down into the Iraqi Dinar scheme. I may do just that in a follow-up post soon. -R.G.[/quote']

http://iqd.me/l/ll

Postscript on original article: http://iqd.me/l/l6

• Upvote 20
  • Downvote 9

Well, looks like you should sell your dinar. This guy obviously knows nothing about it or he wouldn't change his attitude based on the opinions (and that's all they are) of others so easily. There are people here who have researched this for years, and this guy determines it's a scam in a few days? I'd love to know what blogs he's read. Guess he didn't care to share that information. You know what they say opinions are like.

As for me, I'll just hang on to mine and wait this out thank you.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Wow! I got neg'd hard over this one.. Just thought I'd share how people can change their opinions based on others comments.. He's the coward.. Before you neg me, go there and say something nasty to Mr. Green!! :angry:

I gave you a +1 R.O.D thank you for bringing this over...I love how he says he believes its a scam to but gives no info to back it up....and your right he is the coward!! Thanks again for the post!! :D

Hi R.O.D. :)

Thanks for the follow up. Let's not be too hard

on this fellow, he has every reason to believe

the "scam" part due to HOW this has all been supported

and how so many have made millions off the weekly lies

and fabrications (i.e., dealers and fraud included). So he has

every right to come to that conclusion. Right now there is enough

evidence coming to the surface that should silence many of those

who for years were looked up to as being trustworthy. The ugly truth

is that they preyed upon gullible but decent folks, and it is time to

see them exposed and they are. Before it is all over, we will be surprised

at just who the main players have been. Remember too, generally, anything

that must be supported by great story telling and outright lies is usually

suspect of being a "scam".

Having said that, the IQD itself is NOT a "scam". it is pure speculation

and nothing more. Iraq is never going to be the worlds financial savior as

the gurus and others have convinced so many. it is simply an opportunity

to hopefully see something of value become reality due to currency appreciation.

We all hope to benefit, but it is becoming very clear we all at some point were

lied to and sold a bill of goods that is now being proven to stink, but that does not mean

we will NOT see SOME kind of profit in the future with this IQD speculation. Just

ignore the rumors, stick with the facts that are available and listen to what the CBI

is stating. When there is a change in value, look for it at CBI, otherwise nothing has changed.

Thanks for the post!

All my best!

Jim

---

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Postscript. After reading several good comments on my Forbes blog exposing the buy Iraqi Dinar get rich quick scheme as a scam, I want to make it very clear that I also believe it’s a scam. My intent for the original blog was to answer tax questions about holding physical currency as an investment, not to drill down into the Iraqi Dinar scheme. I may do just that in a follow-up post soon. -R.G.

Question for you R.O.D, If you think the dinar is a scam why would you join a site about the dinar?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Wow! I got neg'd hard over this one.. Just thought I'd share how people can change their opinions based on others comments.. He's the coward.. Before you neg me, go there and say something nasty to Mr. Green!! :angry:

I agree 100%...Well, maybe I don't

I disagree 100%...well............

It's a posting of some one elses story.

A follow-up to a story that was touted as backing up the Dinar investment.

Are we that thin skinned that we are going to bash with no indication

that the poster him/her-self feels the same way?

• Upvote 1

Question for you R.O.D, If you think the dinar is a scam why would you join a site about the dinar?

I cleared your neg up. I agree, its like if you dislike it why go to a site that is PRO dinar and preach about how it's a scam, create a blog site of your own and protest. Reminds me of religion fighters!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

When the word scam is used for the dinar, to me it show's immediate ignorance. How can a counties currency be a scam? We are not talking investing with Bernie Madoff here. The only thing that has been shady about this investment is the lies from these so called guru's. This currency will have to increase some day. The only ? is when and how much! It amazes me how many people judge something without doing the due dilligence and research before they open their pie holes. B)

• Upvote 3

The guy writing for Forbes probably got a thousand e-mails and text messages from the industry's "best" saying he was a fool to hint that the Iraqi dinar was actually real currency that may produce extra income for someone. Yet they all hop on the bandwagon for trading stocks and other things that are nose-diving faster than a New York minute. The writer is covering his butt. Pay him no mind.

"Scam" implies that someone took your money and you ended up with nothing. I got scammed a few times by investments on the internet and swore that I would never go down that road anymore. And I won't. The dinars I hold can still be found as official currency on Iraq's Central Bank website. As long as that is the case, they still hold value.

• Upvote 4

When I was selling new homes and condos (Great gig!) I quickly found out how emotionally charged the new construction of one's future home can be. I'm convinced that I have no doubt found something (the RV of the IQD) that makes the former look mild by comparison, my own occasional fits of impatience included. None-the-less, sorry dealers, I ain't sellin'.

• Upvote 1

Postscript. After reading several good comments on my Forbes blog exposing the buy Iraqi Dinar get rich quick scheme as a scam, I want to make it very clear that I also believe it’s a scam. My intent for the original blog was to answer tax questions about holding physical currency as an investment, not to drill down into the Iraqi Dinar scheme. I may do just that in a follow-up post soon. -R.G.

ROD you can save your follow up. Dinar is not a scam .And its people like you that said that it was a get rich quick plan in the first place . I have had my dinar for 8 years.There is nothing quick about it .I held my Kuwaiti dinar till 92' that was not quick either .....................

When the word scam is used for the dinar, to me it show's immediate ignorance. How can a counties currency be a scam? We are not talking investing with Bernie Madoff here. The only thing that has been shady about this investment is the lies from these so called guru's. This currency will have to increase some day. The only ? is when and how much! It amazes me how many people judge something without doing the due dilligence and research before they open their pie holes. B)

Thank You for saying that this is the most reasonable way to look at it.+1 :D

• Upvote 1

You think possibly this reporter got his hand slapped by the powers that be?

TY Gasketman. I can't believe it took 17 comments to get to this. FORBES is a very well respect organization read by Millions. I am quite sure that "The Powers That Be" did not want this out there. No different than the main stream media.

I'm going with slap on the hand.

Oh man, no one reads THE ENTIRE MESSAGE. R.O.D. did not say this, he was displaying a quote by SOMEONE ELSE. ROD, I also cleared up some of your negatives since you didn't deserve them. Thank you for the post.

++++ from me to ROD as well. Isn't it sad that so many people cannot read the english language?