Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

parliament to quickly approve oil and gas law

MP Saad calls on parliament to quickly approve oil and gas law "to stop the oil investment contracts illegal"

BAGHDAD - babysit -

MP called on the mass of the Virtue Susan Saad, the House of Representatives to approve oil and gas law as soon as possible to stop what it called oil investment contracts illegal.

She said in a press statement: "We in the Commission on oil and energy are not satisfied with the parliamentary oil contracts concluded by the Ministry of Oil companies with global investment because it is illegal."

And continued, "The Oil Ministry has not fulfilled its promises to the Commission on oil and energy ministry, which has long demanded a copy of the investment contracts signed, but so far not sent any contract for the purpose of his study and see it."

Saad stressed: "The oil licenses in the fourth round and holding company / Shell / illegal and should be stopped," adding that "the past decades can not be changed because it has been working a long time, but now we can change these contracts illegal."

And demanded that the House of Representatives voted to stop the rapid oil contracts and bind the Ministry of Oil to give a copy of these contracts to the oil and gas parliamentary "to be a positive situation and avoid the mistakes and abuses taking place."

Indicated: "The oil and gas law defines the powers of the executive, legislative and regulating the relationship between the oil ministry and the Commission on oil and energy parliamentary" ...

http://alrayy.com/27482.htm

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Falrayy.com%2F27482.htm

• Upvote 6

Isn't it illegal until the HCL is lifted? This will spur them to get that done. However, the lifting of HCL has to come from the international community and not Iraq.

I see a positive development in all this.

• Upvote 1

Isn't it illegal until the HCL is lifted? This will spur them to get that done. However, the lifting of HCL has to come from the international community and not Iraq.

yeah do you really think the international community is going to hold that up? I doubt it so really it's all on Iraq in passing that law.

If I understand things correctly, the HCL is a law or set of laws they have to vote on and enact which is a huge thing we are waiting for. I haven't read the proposed law(s) but it's pointed out in this article that the Oil and Gas Parliament wants a copy of these contracts that have been signed pre-law. Maybe they are just saying they want the law(s) enacted so that the signed contracts are actually legal, since they do not currently have any laws in place to protect their country? No idea, just my interpretation. :unsure:

Nelg,

It seems you may be confusing the HCL with UNSC chapter 7 restrictions. The HCL is the hydrocarbon law that was agreed to in principle by the Kurds and the Iraqi Parliament. It calls for sharing and disbursement of oil revenues among other things. It is one of the final components that need to be completed before Chapter 7 sanctions are finally lifted. What I am hoping is that the HCL is approved today and Chapter 7 is lifted tomorrow at the UNSC meeting. At that point it should be all clear for the RV.