Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Atheists Sue to Stop Display of Cross at WTC Memorial

krome2ez

Atheists Sue to Stop Display of Cross at World Trade Center Memorial

Posted on July 26, 2011 by Conservative Byte

A group of atheists is up in arms over the display of a cross at the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. The World Trade Center memorial, which is intended to serve as a reminder of the tragic terror attack that occurred nearly 10 years ago, is scheduled to open on the event’s 10th anniversary.

When the Twin Towers collapsed on September 11, 2001, two beams perfectly formed the cross, which many view as both symbolic and iconic. It is this object — a steel cross — that is perfect fodder for atheists and non-believers who do not wish to see any religious items included in the memorial.

http://conservativebyte.com/2011/07/atheists-sue-to-stop-display-of-cross-at-world-trade-center-memorial/

What the heck is this world coming to? We keep cow towing to these losers then all is lost.

They have there own religious holiday and I don't begrudge them that !!

It call the all fool's day ( April Fool's Day )

Geeze these losers are really starting to p**s me off.

pp

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm Mormon. We don't celebrate the cross like some other Christian religions do. However we respect it's symbolism for the man who gave everything for the betterment of all Mankind. It is not a symbol of National Religion, it is a reminder to all of us of the Greatest sacrifice.

Just because you are atheist and don't believe doesn't mean you should sue to stop it. My neighbor is Islamic and I haven't sued him for respecting Ramadan for the last few years. He believes and I don't, but we are still good friends.

Get a life to those who can't get along. This is America formerly known as the Land of the Free!

J.R.

• Upvote 3

lol yeah they are fools because they dont believe in the talking snake...are they foolish if they dont believe in santa clause too?

How about because God says so? smile.gif Jesus Loves You! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Psalm 14:1

New King James Version (NKJV)

1 The fool has said in his heart,

There is no God.”

They are corrupt,

They have done abominable works,

There is none who does good.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

lol yeah they are fools because they dont believe in the talking snake...are they foolish if they dont believe in santa clause too?

If the Atheists are right and I'm wrong, we both die and nothing happens. But if the Christians have it right and the Atheists are wrong there are HUGE differences in our outcome. I've had moments as a Christian where I thought "what if none of this is true"...but the answer is - then nothing. But if it is true (and I believe with all my heart it is) - we are talking an eternity of Heaven vs. Hell. So, if the cross is there and Atheists choose to not accept what it represents, nothings changed for you guys. I'm not trying to be confrontational. God does not need you to believe he's real for Him to be real.

• Upvote 4

A group of atheists is up in arms over the display of a cross at the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. The World Trade Center memorial, which is intended to serve as a reminder of the tragic terror attack that occurred nearly 10 years ago, is scheduled to open on the event’s 10th anniversary.

When the Twin Towers collapsed on September 11, 2001, two beams perfectly formed the cross, which many view as both symbolic and iconic. It is this object — a steel cross — that is perfect fodder for atheists and non-believers who do not wish to see any religious items included in the memorial.

http://conservativebyte.com/2011/07/atheists-sue-to-stop-display-of-cross-at-world-trade-center-memorial/

Can you blame them for not wanting it there to remind them they are Godless and going to HELL ! That is why the work so hard to get rid of Christianity ... the ten commandments remind them how lawless they are, how they are not the promised, and reminds them they are living in sin and deprivation. Again, If they really didn't believe it wouldn't bother them at all !

• Upvote 1

http://conservativeb...enter-memorial/

Stupid is as stupid does.

What do you expect from the illiterate? Logic? Reason? You will not get it from the atheists.

Stupid is as stupid does.

What do you expect from the illiterate? Logic? Reason? You will not get it from the atheists.

We all fall short of the glory of God, atheist or christian. I've met illiterate Christians who don't logic or reason very well....loving Christ doesn't make us smarter, it makes us saved. We are still called to love thy neighbor (and it doesn't have a notation that says "if they believe what you believe").

• Upvote 1

If the Atheists are right and I'm wrong, we both die and nothing happens. But if the Christians have it right and the Atheists are wrong there are HUGE differences in our outcome. I've had moments as a Christian where I thought "what if none of this is true"...but the answer is - then nothing. But if it is true (and I believe with all my heart it is) - we are talking an eternity of Heaven vs. Hell. So, if the cross is there and Atheists choose to not accept what it represents, nothings changed for you guys. I'm not trying to be confrontational. God does not need you to believe he's real for Him to be real.

[/quote/]

I honestly dont care if the cross is there or not that wasnt my point. My point was how ridiculous it is to call someone a fool for not believing in the fairy tales from the bible. I dont care what someone believes, but i think your logic of basically playing it safe and believing just in case it is all real probably wouldnt get you very far even if it all were true. Again im not trying to be confrontational either but coming on here and speaking out as a christian then calling someone names for not being one seems hypocrytical to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

I honestly dont care if the cross is there or not that wasnt my point. My point was how ridiculous it is to call someone a fool for not believing in the fairy tales from the bible. I dont care what someone believes, but i think your logic of basically playing it safe and believing just in case it is all real probably wouldnt get you very far even if it all were true. Again im not trying to be confrontational either but coming on here and speaking out as a christian then calling someone names for not being one seems hypocrytical to me.

Of course you're right, if you say you believe and you don't believe, it doesn't do you any good. You have to have Faith. If you aren't interested in saving yourself, there is nothing anyone can do, and no one you can blame; you have been told about The One that gave His life for you that you might be saved. He has given us this gift, all we have to do is believe and accept it. It is as simple as that, God kept it simple, to confound the wise. th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

-

Hey pokerplayer-I think we found another fool?!! :blink:

• Upvote 1

......................The Hebrew word translated serpent in Genesis 3:1 is used 31 times in the Old Testament and is never translated any other way. But it comes from a root meaning “to practice divination.” As a noun this root is translated “enchantment” and in its verb form, “enchanter.”

Whatever confronted Eve probably came to be called a serpent because of the judgment God pronounced upon it, that it would crawl on its belly and eat dust all the days of its life.(Gen. 3:14)

But what it looked like before its judgment is anybody’s guess, except that it almost certainly didn’t look like a snake. Satan himself is called “that ancient serpent” in Rev. 12:9 but nobody thinks of him as looking like a snake.

Paul said that he masquerades as an angel of light. (2 Cor. 11:14)

We don’t know what form the devil took on to have his chat with Eve, but whatever it was didn’t frighten her. Nor did she appear surprised to find herself conversing with it, but was persuaded by it’s logic, though flawed, and the authority with which it spoke.

Some have speculated that before the fall man and animals could talk with one another, but other than this event and the incident with Balaam’s donkey there’s no indication of that being generally so. It’s more likely that Satan came to Eve as a familiar figure, someone she recognized and perhaps even admired. Remember, the angels had been created sometime earlier. (Job 38:4-7)

http://www.soldier4jesus.com/

I appreciate that you don't care if the cross is there...my point is, we do! My relationship with Chris isn't a ploy to "play it safe", the explanation I gave was to express that that "Cross" may be insignificant to an athiest...but it's VERY significant to me.

I understand how somebody claiming Christianity, then calling someone an idiot can look. Being Christian doesn't make us sinless, it makes us forgiven. I do appreciate your point and appreciate that we can be 2 people with different beliefs who can have dialogue without getting defensive.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved."He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil."For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed."But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."

We all fall short of the glory of God, atheist or christian. I've met illiterate Christians who don't logic or reason very well....loving Christ doesn't make us smarter, it makes us saved. We are still called to love thy neighbor (and it doesn't have a notation that says "if they believe what you believe").

I certainly want them to be saved through Christ. I do love them. I just get sick and tired of their actions and Christians standing back and saying we just need to love them. Enough is enough. When Christ confronted the Pharisaical attitude of the Jewish leaders he never minced with words. He called them hypocrites, pretentious, blind guides, blind men, robbers, self-indulgent, whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside full of dead bones, serpents, brood of vipers, and hell-bound!

Love does not preclude the Christian from speaking out against injustice and wrong moral behavior. I want the lost to be saved, but we are not going to do it by standing silent and letting the forces of evil get by with stupidity. We need to stand up and let individuals know in whom we believe. We need to stand up and say, "here shall you come and no farther." They only thing you do when you passive let injustice and evil have sway is to give the perpetrators reason to run you over. And, NO, it is not being Christian by becoming a doormat. Christ didn't and neither will I.

I appreciate that you don't care if the cross is there...my point is, we do! My relationship with Chris isn't a ploy to "play it safe", the explanation I gave was to express that that "Cross" may be insignificant to an athiest...but it's VERY significant to me.

I understand how somebody claiming Christianity, then calling someone an idiot can look. Being Christian doesn't make us sinless, it makes us forgiven. I do appreciate your point and appreciate that we can be 2 people with different beliefs who can have dialogue without getting defensive.

I agree, you didnt offend me at all, and my intention was not to offend either. I do think its lame that they are suing over the cross seems petty to me. In my opinion that decision should be left up to the survivors and families of those who died. Whatever helps them heal best is what should be done imho.

• Upvote 2

I certainly want them to be saved through Christ. I do love them. I just get sick and tired of their actions and Christians standing back and saying we just need to love them. Enough is enough. When Christ confronted the Pharisaical attitude of the Jewish leaders he never minced with words. He called them hypocrites, pretentious, blind guides, blind men, robbers, self-indulgent, whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside full of dead bones, serpents, brood of vipers, and hell-bound!

Love does not preclude the Christian from speaking out against injustice and wrong moral behavior. I want the lost to be saved, but we are not going to do it by standing silent and letting the forces of evil get by with stupidity. We need to stand up and let individuals know in whom we believe. We need to stand up and say, "here shall you come and no farther." They only thing you do when you passive let injustice and evil have sway is to give the perpetrators reason to run you over. And, NO, it is not being Christian by becoming a doormat. Christ didn't and neither will I.

I appreciate your righteous anger. But please don't mistake me for a doormat simply because I wasn't calling people "stupid or illiterate"!!!! Do my posts seem passive because I wasn't lashing out at Sonhischest or Atheists in general???? Remember, "the 1st of these is love"....unless you just want to cherry pick scripture that gives you a license to beat people up.

I agree, you didnt offend me at all, and my intention was not to offend either. I do think its lame that they are suing over the cross seems petty to me. In my opinion that decision should be left up to the survivors and families of those who died. Whatever helps them heal best is what should be done imho.

Thank you for the reply. :)

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands, one nation under GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Why dont they complain bout all those PROMISARY notes in their pockets first??? blink.gif

How bout the fact we are a fascist state,not a republic! angry.gif

Its OK to be P****, IF you have priorities dry.gif If not your a whiner and part of the problem

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

On,go R/V

Edited by Markinsa
Language
  • Upvote 1

What ever happend to Majority Rules ? I think all this political correctness and worring about what other's think and feel over how we truely feel has done more to bring this country down than any other issue. I grew up in a time where I had the freedom to say what I think and you had the freedom to kick my a** if you were offended. Like it or not our country was founded and guided by christian ethics and morals. We need to stop letting minorities dictate policy and doctrine. It is way past time to bring God back into not only our lives but into the class room and courts and goverment. Seperation of Church and State has nothing to do with God it was to protect the churches from goverment interference and control. Maybe if we started voteing for candidates based on their beliefs rather than their empty promises we would have a better goverment. God Bless you all .

• Upvote 1

[/quote/]

sonhischest

Call the Bible "Fairy Tales" and then in the same breath claim "not trying to be Confrontational."

BULL CRAP !!!!