Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Can one of you Mathematicians lend me a hand?

rick11260

When it says for instance $1 = .0 235 IQD, how do we figure that out. What would the equation look like? Thanks, rick11260

If it said 1 us dollar = .0235 IQD's that would mean the dinar is worth alittle over 2 cents per dollar 2.35 cents to be exact. Just multiply the rate, .0235 x 1.00

You have to multiply NOT divide.

Edited by anothernewbie
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

When it says for instance $1 = .0 235 IQD, how do we figure that out. What would the equation look like? Thanks, rick11260

Divide $1 by the value 1170. That's the actual dinar value to a dollar. Approx .00009 The reverse of that is a dollar buys 1170 dinars.

Let's say that dollar is represented by D and a dinar is represented by Q. Then your equation is:

1D=.0235Q

if you want to know how much 1 dinar is worth, you have to get Q by itself. Divide both sides by .0235 to solve.

Q = 42.55D

Currently we have1D=1170Q, if you want to know how much one dinar is worth, divide both sides by 1170 to solve.

1Q=.0008547D

• Upvote 1

Rick that would mean that there was 42.55 IQD to the dollar or 1 dinar was worth approx. 2 cents american money. 1 divided by .0235 = 42.5532 iqd. or rounded up to 43 iqd . And where pray tell did you see this posted?

NO - the way the equation is presented it says 1 dollar is equal to 0.0235 dinars

Divide both sides by 0.0235 will give the number of dollars per dinar

1/.0235 = .0235/0.0235

42.55319 dollars equals 1 dinar

Edited by BJinMontreal
  • Upvote 1

Let's say that dollar is represented by D and a dinar is represented by Q. Then your equation is:

1D=.0235Q

if you want to know how much 1 dinar is worth, you have to get Q by itself. Divide both sides by .0235 to solve.

Q = 42.55D

Currently we have1D=1170Q, if you want to know how much one dinar is worth, divide both sides by 1170 to solve.

1Q=.0008547D

Why are you adding the 1170 into the equation?

You have already solved for Q - 1Q = $42.55

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think the answer is about 23 cents per dollar. I got this answer by dividing the .235 by the dollar. You have to work it like algebra and do the same thing to both sides of the equation. This mean dividing both sides. So.... .235 divided by 1.00 will give you about 23 cents per American dollar. ;):huh:;) That is my opinion, but I am not sure????????????

Fox and BjinMontreal are correct. Regarding math skills you have to make sure you are using the correct numbers .0235 NOT .235 and you have to keep straight what units you are in as the math doesn't work until you are using the same units. Like for like. So dinars don't equal dollars just like centimeters don't equal feet. You have to be careful in the conversion to know which direction you are going - dinars into dollars or dollars into dinars-as that will determine if you are dividing or multiplying. Fox's equation is right.

I think the answer is about 23 cents per dollar. I got this answer by dividing the .235 by the dollar. You have to work it like algebra and do the same thing to both sides of the equation. This mean dividing both sides. So.... .235 divided by 1.00 will give you about 23 cents per American dollar. ;):huh:;) That is my opinion, but I am not sure????????????

If you are dividing by .235 then divide by .235 - NOT 1

as in 1 divided by .235 = 4.2553191

However the way the equation was presented - it says .0235 NOT .235 so multiply your revised answer by 10

4.2553191 x 10 = 42.553191

• Upvote 1

Is there a link or just math class....lol :blink:

Apparently math class wouldn't hurt. Some are making it more complicated than it is. To find out how much a dinar is worth to a USD you multiply, (using the example he ask about) 0.0235 X 1.00 = 0.0235 which is a little less than 2 1/2 cents per dollar. To find out how many dinars equal a dollar, you divide. 1.00 / 0.0235 = 42.553 dinars. Simple!! dry.gif

• Upvote 1

He didnt say that he had seen a rate he said "for instance"!! Read the question people that is why there is so much confusion! People cannot comprehend what they read!blink.gif

It reminds me of a test I took in High School.

The ONLY instruction on the two pages of legal-sized paper was to write your name in the upper right corner of the top page.

The two pages were filled with easy questions concerning algebra, geography, grammar and science - BUT no where did it actually ask you to write an answer in the space below (which was conveniently provided).

Needless to say we ALL failed that test - BUT ever since I always tried to pay attention to the little details whenever a test was presented.

Apparently math class wouldn't hurt. Some are making it more complicated than it is. To find out how much a dinar is worth to a USD you multiply, (using the example he ask about) 0.0235 X 1.00 = 0.0235 which is a little less than 2 1/2 cents per dollar. To find out how many dinars equal a dollar, you divide. 1.00 / 0.0235 = 42.553 dinars. Simple!! dry.gif

Sorry Jethro - you've got yer guzintas mixed up. lol

The 1 was on the dollar side and the .0235 was on the dinar side. If you divide both by .0235 you end up with 42.55 on the dollar side and 1 on the dinar side.

You have .0235 dinars on the dinar side - to get to 1 dinar you have to divide by the .0235 and do the same on both sides. .0235 guzinta 1 - 42.55 times.

The equation already told you how much 1 dollar was worth - a mere fraction of 1 dinar - .0235 dinars to be exact.

• Upvote 2

It reminds me of a test I took in High School.

The ONLY instruction on the two pages of legal-sized paper was to write your name in the upper right corner of the top page.

The two pages were filled with easy questions concerning algebra, geography, grammar and science - BUT no where did it actually ask you to write an answer in the space below (which was conveniently provided).

Needless to say we ALL failed that test - BUT ever since I always tried to pay attention to the little details whenever a test was presented.

Sorry Jethro - you've got yer guzintas mixed up. lol

The 1 was on the dollar side and the .0235 was on the dinar side. If you divide both by .0235 you end up with 42.55 on the dollar side and 1 on the dinar side.

You have .0235 dinars on the dinar side - to get to 1 dinar you have to divide by the .0235 and do the same on both sides. .0235 guzinta 1 - 42.55 times.

The equation already told you how much 1 dollar was worth - a mere fraction of 1 dinar - .0235 dinars to be exact.

BJ, we came up with exactly the same answers just used different way to do it. You're NOT wrong and I'm NOT wrong. I was just trying to show the guy how to figure the answer to the question he was asking using HIS example. :D

• Upvote 1