Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Will you be humble if and when an RV does occur ?

R Veyron

I have only been invested in the Iraqi dinar for just a few months now. I was clued in on it a few years ago when a buddy returing from a tour there told me about it. He said that if it just goes up 10 cents, he would make a decent profit. I agreed but did not purchase any at the time. It wasn't untill I saw the turmoil happening in Egypt that I started taking another look at buying some dinar. I made this decision without doing any research or checking it out online. I went with my gut. At the time I did this I also told some friends about it and that it could be a very wise move to buy into it . I sent e mails out just to a few close friends with a link where to purchase some that seemed fairly easily. I recieved my dinar and put it away. I then followed up with a couple of friends that I told about investing in it. One of my close friends couldn't get past the "scam" aspect of it and I told her that after Id purchased it , I then began researhing it more (buying the cart before the horse scenario) and it just reinforced my original decision. She really didn't seem to have much faith in it.. I followed up with a couple of other friends and they said they looked over the e mail I sent but really didn't seem too interested. I left it alone and didn't try to convince them that it COULD pan out. Im not completely sold myself and do realize it is a risk but I do feel that it has great potential and the numbers do add up. My question is, If and when there is an RV, will you be humble and not try to rub it in anyones face ? To those close friends or family with whom you told, Will you do the "I told you so" speach or will you just be humble ? I will say that if and when what ever happens , happens, Im sure I will have a very good moment of satisfaction and I will say that I would rather make money off of something like this rather than win the Lottery. Im thinking that I wont have to say I told you so, it will speak for itself. What's your take ?

I'm tempted, one friend was particularly curt with me, not only about the investment, but about Iraq. I always held this person in high regard and not one who would dismiss a possibility based on a emotional judgement. I thought the best way to handle this issue is to gift this person and maintain my integrity. People who know me understand I do not make irrational decisions based on emotion and fear. This investment is an insurance policy for me. I will carry on with plan A...

i am keeping it a secret, i dont want long lost friends and relatives showing up at my door step ..... i will pay my taxes and keep going in the path im headed.... "but with pockets full" :)

Yep....me too. Not going to change what I do now....just be able to help in a larger way. My husband has a friend that he told about the Dinar and the friend decided to purchase and when he did he said "now I can be a millionaire too!", knowing full well the risks and if he doesn't make any big money he is okay with that.

i am keeping it a secret, i dont want long lost friends and relatives showing up at my door step ..... i will pay my taxes and keep going in the path im headed.... "but with pockets full" smile.gif

I will take my Humble self and ride out into the sunset..!..and keep my mouth shut!wink.gif

• Upvote 3

I've told no one outside of my close personal friends and family and the funniest thing is ,we were all afraid to tell each other we invested in Iraq. We all got a good laugh when we realized we are all holding IQD in various amounts. We all plan on taking care of our children and families should this be as good as we all hope , but we'll all be happy if we make a small profit as well. Not one of us plans on retiring as many on here have talked about doing. We may adjust our priorities in life , but we shall move through our lives as if nothing has changed ( though life will hopefully be a great deal less stressful not sweating the bills... :lol: ). I'll be happy to make anything and to never have to check on our investment again !

Uncle Barkie :P

Edited by Uncle Barkie
  • Upvote 3

i am keeping it a secret, i dont want long lost friends and relatives showing up at my door step ..... i will pay my taxes and keep going in the path im headed.... "but with pockets full" smile.gif

Exactlly. I wont tell anyone. Both my sisters think it is a scam, so I dont talk about it anymore when I am around them. But, I did buy them some, they jsut dont know it. When it RV's, I will hand them there "scam" envelope and tell them congrats, your are rich lol.

• Upvote 4

I'll be completely honest. I'm gonna "In Your Face" it to several people. They can come ask, beg, and plead all they want. I have no problem saying "Nope, sorry." (Sorry is optional) You would have to know the people around me to understand my point of view, but the question was about ME right? Yep, that's what I would do and then most of the people I know now would never see me again. I have some charities that I fully plan to donate to and other than that, it's about me. I might get negs for this, but some of you will say otherwise but secretly feel the same way.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Loose lips sink ships. As the cliche' states, in this case, less means more. Give uncle Sam his share and do some good with the rest. Perfect timing for buying arable land now, through financing, that way my neighbours won't suspect anything like a "Cash purchase" on the land, since land purchases are public knowledge, and place it under a trust umbrella. I plan to grow, either exotic fruits or a new variety of consumables in the US. GLTY and all. Go RV.

• Upvote 2

RV=poof I am gone! Only close family and friends will know will know why. And most of them will be very well off as well by this miricle if it happens.To rub it in someones face is to take credit for it and thats just not right. There are always winners and losers in life and more often than not the losers are the people that are to fearful to even show up for the game. So play hard my friends :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

My husband and I have actually just talked about that this week. Not more than a handful of people know that we have invested (actually none of them are even family members) and we have decided to keep it that way. It took us a while to get invested so I cant say too much on that LOL :) We have mentioned the Dinar to a few people who we know could really use a financial step up but they say "ummm no thanks" ... And thats ok I guess. People just have to see the gift in it, or maybe it is just not meant for them I dont know. I know that God has his hand in this and I am grateful for any blessing he decides to send my way. I just pray that it doesn't change who we are. Our children, church, and who ever God puts on our hearts will receive a touch of this blessing! Hmmm, humble? Yes, I would like to be humble :D

• Upvote 3

R Veyron - no need to be arrogant over this - it's been a long ride, full of ups, downs and pitfalls - I've bought for me and separately for my family and one really close friend as a present - they aren't making fun - all of them don't know I bought for them. So I'll be pleased as punch to go to their home with a little savings account pass book and let them decide how they best want to spend this windfall. I'm hoping to help others - to send some kids to college and help some in my life that are really down trodden. :hug:

• Upvote 1

I certainly Hope that I will be personally capable of remaining Humble with this Blessing. I plan on taking care of my entire extended Family along with gifting several close friends that I know need some extra cash! My primary goal will be establishing a Foundation for building Senior Living Facilities. The Foundation's main Focus will be helping the many, many Elderly without any Family of their own.

• Upvote 1

Few bits of wisdom I've picked up on humility....

-Humility is thinking of God more...and yourself less.

-Humility is the opposite of self absorption

-Greed...you can be greedy and prideful in your giving, too.

-Finally, be careful who you give too. Don't bail those out who have gotten themselves into a financial mess due to irresponsibility.

• Upvote 2

RV=poof I am gone! Only close family and friends will know will know why. And most of them will be very well off as well by this miricle if it happens.To rub it in someones face is to take credit for it and thats just not right. There are always winners and losers in life and more often than not the losers are the people that are to fearful to even show up for the game. So play hard my friends rolleyes.gif

You took the words right out of my mouth. First and foremost, the family will be taken care of, regardless of who is more favorable than the others, but in a trust-type fashion as to not interrupt the ebb and flow of their daily lives.. Secondly, tithe, tithe, tithe. I have a few personal avenues i plan on taking with this one, rather it be a charitible organization,(one that actually gives the donations to the benefactors -vs- the ones you can research their tax records and see where the money doesn't go!), or giving directly to our veterans who served our country in any capacity, not just Iraq. And lastly, do some travelling, and simultaneously begin to draft small business plans and investment strategies. Hell, i think the latter might already be spelled out as opportunities are running parallel with our IQD investment. Fingers crossed that we see this unfold very soon, and if it works out the way we all hope it to, we may very well be some of the luckiest, intelligent, stupid, and fortunate people to exist in this world. Count your blessings now, and hopefully we won't be counting our dinar in the near future.

• Upvote 1

Few bits of wisdom I've picked up on humility....

-Humility is thinking of God more...and yourself less.

-Humility is the opposite of self absorption

-Greed...you can be greedy and prideful in your giving, too.

-Finally, be careful who you give too. Don't bail those out who have gotten themselves into a financial mess due to irresponsibility.

I will do my very best to be humble!

God will end up with it all, but while I am a live he will receive about 40% + percent of this directly for his non profit of "teaching men to fish" which teaches a trade to those on government assistance that want to live a productive life. About 10% will go to various charities soon after RV. The rest will be used and grown helping some family members out and giving 40% to the non profit or so when we die. My wife has her own plans to help others. The money will be dedicated upon RV, but it may take a month to set the non profit up on paper and it could take up to a year to get it operational. I believe the good lord will direct me to who I need to help on this project. The holy pact was to pay off all our bills and build the therapy room and pool for my wife, and give to various churches and charities. Split the rest up 50/50.

Edited by Kanga

Fantastic question! Truth be told I used to make a whole lot of money...and when the real estate market crashed I lost every last cent of it. Looking back I'm very grateful it happened because my money became my security and my God. I woke up thinking about it, spent hours worrying about it and in the end as I was selling everything I owned on my driveway I realized that nothing I was selling had the ability to love me. They say you meet God on the way down, and get to know him at the bottom...and that is exactly what happened. Today my worth and value come from my relationship with Christ. I seek Him for fullness and worth. This money (if we see the mighty RV at some point) will bless my church, it will go to adopt 100 children through www.worldvision.org and will allow me and my family to travel and do missions work. Yes, we will have the perks that come with money, but we are pretty blessed already, so it will just be some additional icing on the cake.

GO RV!!!! B)

• Upvote 3