Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

who would like to see a lop-non-lop debate?

sonny1

Wont matter... No one here knows a thing.

Aside from that it seems to me an RD would be counter productive for IRAQ but interested in seeing the result.

Lets hope the end is near but at the way things have been for so long I am more prone to sit back and pray.

Personally I would prefer to be able to post links and allow people to look up the information that is provided on their own....Chat doesn't allow for this...so my preference would actually be to post responses and be able to back them up...but I will take what I can get.

Also, we need to be able to incorporate rebuttals...otherwise someone could make an outlandish statement without fear of being called on it....but it should be limited maybe one or two....otherwise I'm good with it.

I do wish is was a little more inclusive of other members as there are some very smart ones on both sides.

I could get you information on how to fix your java. The version you likely use is restricted for security reasons. But, you could simply fix it following a simple process that would take no more than 2-3 minutes.

My recommendation also included rebuttals to certain points after all questions have been asked. Further clarification could be talked about in the Chat after it was posted in the forums. So, if you were to make a rather out-landish remark, it would likely be called out after the questionaire or in the forum.

I do wish is was a little more inclusive of other members as there are some very smart ones on both sides.

jmw you bring your best 3 guys and Sonny1 brings his best 3 guys and we all meet behind the building and watch you all go at it!! laugh.giflaugh.gif No kicking between the legs, scratching eyes or biting ears allowed!! All you can use is your minds and your fingers for typing!smile.gif

All joking aside, this will be fun to watch!!laugh.gif

• Upvote 2

jmw you bring your best 3 guys and Sonny1 brings his best 3 guys and we all meet behind the building and watch you all go at it!! laugh.giflaugh.gif No kicking between the legs, scratching eyes or biting ears allowed!! All you can use is your minds and your fingers for typing!smile.gif

All joking aside, this will be fun to watch!!laugh.gif

Ha,ud have standing room only for that one for sure. Adam could make a killing in ticket sales!

• Upvote 1

Yes please! There's three relevant questions in all of this:

Rate, Date and LOP/RV.

My question: would it be lawful / legal for Iraq to bring new currency and simply treat the notes we bought as "waste-paper"?

could they do this if they wanted to?

IMO this won't happen,each side is firmly entrenched in they're belief and thats ok. But I would'nt bet the farm on either side, conceding to the other. Of course miracles have happened before............................right?

I'm sure Members would benefit from that type of debate...More food for thought.. Always useful....JMHO.

Yup! Both sides would likely stick to the side that they feel is more likely. A lot of it would be opinions.

It would be fun to see a good debate --

Each player prepares in a timely fashion with quick-links to reference.

A moderator to ask questions (One that is not too entirely Pro-R/V or Pro-R/D, but mostly on the fence)

And see who argues their case the best..

Agreed... Sounds good & juicy.

jmw is in, so we are shooting for 6pm central sunday night, if anything changes ill post it. it is going to be clean, and fun. this isnt a his-my side thing, its breaking it down and helping each other, and others understand there point of view. i know were he stands and he knows were i stand, so it should be fun...... any questions you guys want answered, please leave them on this topic, and we will each tackle two-three of them each. please be respectful.

Awesome.

I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen....but it could be interesting...then again it could be a big waste of time.

Jmw....Waste of time compared to what ( in this Forum context)? Reading the latest Gurus "Intel"? I say no way imho...

I believe that if this thing takes off and takes place and it's organized and done properly ( and it will be ) ......It will make the absolute Prime Time in the History of this Forum or at least one of the highest Prime Times ever since Forum's inception.....

if jmw likes that plan, i am in. i would at least like the questions 24 hours before the debate

i know some will find this lame, i dont blame you, but jmw asked me for this and he is very knowledgeable, so i feel it should be done, if you find it lame dont tune in.....

Sonny.... Agreed.

Edited by umbertino

All that really needs to be debated is the two big ones.........Why do some say a RD is impossible......and......How can Iraq back up their entire money supply at a higher rate being that they currently are following the islamic banking practice and it doesnt seem that they will stray from that.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

All that really needs to be debated is the two big ones.........Why do some say a RD is impossible......and......How can Iraq back up their entire money supply at a higher rate being that they currently are following the islamic banking practice and it doesnt seem that they will stray from that.....

For those who may not know...Islamic banking is not the fractional banking system. Its a valid question not sure why that warrants a - negative. +1 keepm for asking a valid question. Keep it real and civil guys.

i think its more rv vs lop, than rate, i guess for argument sake we could use 1 usd.

Hey Sonny

The debate is about whether Straight RV or LOP will take place the rate should not matter as Shabbs will set a rate he can afford the debate is kicking the Lop's butt out of the arena is it not :D :D

Bring it on Baby,

Cheers Chilli B) B)

Edited by Chilliherb
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly, Keep. I still don't understand why the word "LOP" is relentlessly thrown into the discussion. I think nearly everyone agrees that a lop is out of the question, and that the RD/RV scenario is the topic which should be debated. The debate is a great idea, provided the questions are organized into an order which leads to a logical. easy to follow explanation of each position, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, that the debate be PINNED and doesn't disappear from view after a day or two as so many unimportant and irrelevant posts pile on top of it. Otherwise, as has been suggested, it would be a waste of time, as well as a huge amount of work for Sonny and JMW. There are far more members and interested parties than can possibly fit in the chat room, so it has to be visible long term. Not sure if it's possible, but a "conference call" type debate might be more productive and accommodate many times the number of people.

• Upvote 1

Exactly, Keep. I still don't understand why the word "LOP" is relentlessly thrown into the discussion. I think nearly everyone agrees that a lop is out of the question, and that the RD/RV scenario is the topic which should be debated. The debate is a great idea, provided the questions are organized into an order which leads to a logical. easy to follow explanation of each position, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, that the debate be PINNED and doesn't disappear from view after a day or two as so many unimportant and irrelevant posts pile on top of it. Otherwise, as has been suggested, it would be a waste of time, as well as a huge amount of work for Sonny and JMW. There are far more members and interested parties than can possibly fit in the chat room, so it has to be visible long term. Not sure if it's possible, but a "conference call" type debate might be more productive and accommodate many times the number of people.

Totally agreed, my Friend.

If you look at the odds ... you would expect to see one parting post about how they've seen the light and that they've divested ... you should too ... and then they are gone . Yet, that isn't the case.

I understand what you are trying to do Sonny1 ... but still ... I'm going to pass on this one ... I can calculate odds well enough to know that I'M STILL A BUYER ... again ... why aren't they sellers?!

Yep ... I do understand!

Peace

Doc31

Edited by Doc31
  • Upvote 2

I'd rather see a debate as to why lopsters haven't sold all of their holdings and moved on to parcheesi and the NO_MORE_dinarvets.com website ... why they are here STILL battling about to lop or not to lop and RD. Never made sense why they are still here ... still doesn't ... unless you consider that they are attempting to dissuade you from purchasing IQD ... behold ... the anti-pumpers ... lol.

You know ... one parting post about how they've seen the light and that they've divested ... you should too ... and then they are gone .

I understand what you are trying to do Sonny1 ... but still ... I'm going to pass on this one ... I can calculate odds well enough to know that I'M STILL A BUYER ... again ... why aren't they sellers?!

Yep ... I do understand!

Peace

Doc31

That sir is the million dollar question. I know in the past when i vested in a stock,commodity,or a business and later found it to be not what I envisioned I dumped or sold and moved on. IMO some want others to feel they're pain. Here's hoping & praying for the best for all.

• Upvote 1