Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

Legolas

It should be noted, that a reverse-stock split process used in the stock market is to prevent being delisted from the market.

The comparisson is a great example, but the reasoning(s) are quite different...

To keep from being delisted is only one reason why a company may do a reverse split, below are a few others:

• Give the appearance that the stock is more valuable.
  • Appeal to Institutional and Mutual Fund Investors that often require a minimum share price before being considered for purchase and inclusion in portfolios.
  • Use in conjunction with other actions such as capital raising actions, which would dilute shareholder value and otherwise possibly cause an even lower per share price.
    http://www.online-stock-trading-guide.com/reverse-stock-split.html

Companies often split their stock when they believe the price of their stock is too low to attract investors to buy their stock.

http://www.sec.gov/answers/reversesplit.htm

It would seem that the differences are not quite as different as you may have thought. Seems one reason that is true of both is that they are value neutral changes made in an attempt to make the item appear more valuable for investors.

• Upvote 1

Compliments of: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parity

Definition of PARITY

1 : the quality or state of being equal or equivalent

2 a : equivalence of a commodity price expressed in one currency to its price expressed in another

b : equality of purchasing power established by law between different kinds of money at a given ratio

I agree that for them to RD and then RV immediately of shortly thereafter would show no real advantage for the country. If Iraq just wanted to reach parity with the U.S. then only doing an RD/LOP would get them there. On the other hand they could also do the very same thing with only doing an RV. Either way the currency we all hold now will be replaced because they are making new notes with the 3 languages on them and everything else. But the notes have not been released and we have not even been told what denom they are. There is a lot of assumption out there as to what they are but I think they will most like be like us 100, 50, 20, 10, 5, and 1 plus the coins. I do not have a link to support my next statement but I think it's just common sense. The new denoms are not being made as the result of the future RD or the future RV of the Iraqi currency. They are being made for final establishment of Iraqi government. Kind of like the last nail in the coffin. It will be for the country's identity and will be saying that they are now "finally" an independent and sovereign nation. They will be able to say "We are an established Democratic nation and here is our proof." In my opinion, that is the purpose of the new denoms being made.

I don't think Iraq will just be looking for parity with the U.S. overall. They will be looking to join their neighboring countries in value. I think initially they will reach close to the U.S. dollar but would not stay there very long, which could be done with an RV or RD. The RD would get the dinar close and then watch it rise over time, which would not be very profitable; or they could RV close to the dollar and as it rises, pay for it out of their pocket and resell it and profit of the spread.....which would be Very profitable to them.

To sum it all up....Iraq can obtain parity with U.S. by either RD or RV. Each fulfill the desired affect. They could go one way or the other, and just my personal opinion, the most profitable way would most likely be the route they take. And that the new denoms are not being made for the RD or for the RV. It's Iraq's way of saying "look at us.....we finally did it!" It will be their Seal and Mark of independence from Dictatorship and establishment of Democracy.

To keep from being delisted is only one reason why a company may do a reverse split, below are a few others:

• Give the appearance that the stock is more valuable.
  • Appeal to Institutional and Mutual Fund Investors that often require a minimum share price before being considered for purchase and inclusion in portfolios.
  • Use in conjunction with other actions such as capital raising actions, which would dilute shareholder value and otherwise possibly cause an even lower per share price.
    http://www.online-stock-trading-guide.com/reverse-stock-split.html

It would seem that the differences are not quite as different as you may have thought. Seems one reason that is true of both is that they are value neutral changes made in an attempt to make the item appear more valuable for investors.

Wow thank you. I thought my reasoning was correct but not a guru on the stock market. Very nice work +1

Compliments of: http://www.merriam-w...ctionary/parity

Definition of PARITY

1 : the quality or state of being equal or equivalent

2 a : equivalence of a commodity price expressed in one currency to its price expressed in another

b : equality of purchasing power established by law between different kinds of money at a given ratio

I agree that for them to RD and then RV immediately of shortly thereafter would show no real advantage for the country. If Iraq just wanted to reach parity with the U.S. then only doing an RD/LOP would get them there. On the other hand they could also do the very same thing with only doing an RV. Either way the currency we all hold now will be replaced because they are making new notes with the 3 languages on them and everything else. But the notes have not been released and we have not even been told what denom they are. There is a lot of assumption out there as to what they are but I think they will most like be like us 100, 50, 20, 10, 5, and 1 plus the coins. I do not have a link to support my next statement but I think it's just common sense. The new denoms are not being made as the result of the future RD or the future RV of the Iraqi currency. They are being made for final establishment of Iraqi government. Kind of like the last nail in the coffin. It will be for the country's identity and will be saying that they are now "finally" an independent and sovereign nation. They will be able to say "We are an established Democratic nation and here is our proof." In my opinion, that is the purpose of the new denoms being made.

I don't think Iraq will just be looking for parity with the U.S. overall. They will be looking to join their neighboring countries in value. I think initially they will reach close to the U.S. dollar but would not stay there very long, which could be done with an RV or RD. The RD would get the dinar close and then watch it rise over time, which would not be very profitable; or they could RV close to the dollar and as it rises, pay for it out of their pocket and resell it and profit of the spread.....which would be Very profitable to them.

To sum it all up....Iraq can obtain parity with U.S. by either RD or RV. Each fulfill the desired affect. They could go one way or the other, and just my personal opinion, the most profitable way would most likely be the route they take. And that the new denoms are not being made for the RD or for the RV. It's Iraq's way of saying "look at us.....we finally did it!" It will be their Seal and Mark of independence from Dictatorship and establishment of Democracy.

Wow thank you. I thought my reasoning was correct but not a guru on the stock market. Very nice work +1

Well, the RD option is in Parliament now. If it fails to pass there with the new currency issue being a part of that bill, it is possible that an RV could be considered ,then. Likely, not otherwise.

I strongly expect the RD measure to pass through Parliament easily.. . . and the new bills to be released in a few months.

My thoughts are that some of the US Dinar dealers may remain in business, hyping the new Dinars. I am thinking, what we will need to do is cash-out, and at a loss, and then turn around and buy the new Dinars, that is, if we still want them. I doubt that there will be any other means in existence for us to be able to make the exchange to the new Dinars. I'm just looking ahead, here.

Edited by estewart

True...that could very well happen and it is always good to know what to expect whether its for the good or for the bad. I appreciate everyone's opinions and thoughts toward one idea or another and being patient with me while I search for answers. The longer I'm in this investment, the more I realize it's more like a soap opera. If there is not any exciting news or news that makes us feel like maybe this wasn't a good idea, then most of us would not stay tuned. No matter what the outcome is just try to remember to stay grounded and if this doesn't go the way we all hoped it would, then that was the risk we all took, but if this turns out to be the opportunity of a lifetime and we come into great wealth, then still remain humble and do not let it go to your head. In a sense we will become powerful people....and with great power comes great responsibility. Give to those in need, help change people's lives for the better without seeking glory for yourself, and remember to always be thankful to God for the gifts that he has bestowed in your life.

I have been reading all of the posts and understand what everyone is saying but, frankly none of us knows absolutely 100% what the outcome will be. My only thought after reading all of this is ... if we are only going to see a few thousand return on our investment, why is it that Adam has a VIP membership offering all sorts of professional assistance and advice after all of this over? blink.gif

I have been reading all of the posts and understand what everyone is saying but, frankly none of us knows absolutely 100% what the outcome will be. My only thought after reading all of this is ... if we are only going to see a few thousand return on our investment, why is it that Adam has a VIP membership offering all sorts of professional assistance and advice after all of this over? blink.gif

That's the thing I keep going back to. I know the numbers don't lie and all of that, but if there weren't at least a fair chance of this thing revaluing like we dream it will (no lop) then why would everyone be working so hard to make plans for what to do with the money once it's here. I don't really need a "plan" for $3,000........ya know?

• Downvote 1

Because there is a chance of a straight RV just like there is a chance of straight LOP/RD, and if the RV happens then we will all be prepared so we don't end up broke in a year or two.

Because there is a chance of a straight RV just like there is a chance of straight LOP/RD, and if the RV happens then we will all be prepared so we don't end up broke in a year or two.

Yes but it appears if you just look at straight facts and figures that the chance of a straight up RV is similar to the chance of winning the lottery. It would seem that if the chances were realy that low then there would be nothing to gain by spending all of this time planning.

Why? Well, that was then, this is now. My understanding is that Adam made a mint on the Kuwait RV and was expecting to see the Iraqi Dinar RV the same way. But it's been a different story.

I have read the theories and they all make perfect sense. My question is where are all these rumors coming from about countries coming out of debt from the taxing of this investment if we only make thousands? Are they coming from dealers and pumpers? Or could there be a straight up rv happen?

I have read the theories and they all make perfect sense. My question is where are all these rumors coming from about countries coming out of debt from the taxing of this investment if we only make thousands? Are they coming from dealers and pumpers? Or could there be a straight up rv happen?

Currently none of those countries are coming out of debt with the taxing of this investment. I believe that is just thinking ahead from other peoples opinions if the RV were to occur. If it doesn't then those other countries will still be stuck with the same old problems as before. If we only make a few thousand off of this, then they won't get that much tax money out of us....but if it does, then they have the tax laws in place to get as much out of us as they can. So IMO they don't know what will happen either so they are planning ahead. They would start coming out of debt with the taxes off this investment only if it straight RV's.

We all "know what we KNOW"....and most of us can recognize "the things we DO NOT KNOW"....what's really apparent...in this case WE DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW...yet every day WE work to make ourselves right...that WE KNOW...and GOD FORBID allowing the inorance of the GURU's to continue to guide the way...TODAY'S THE DAY...right on...

I believe that is just thinking ahead from other peoples opinions if the RV were to occur. If it doesn't then those other countries will still be stuck with the same old problems as before. If we only make a few thousand off of this, then they won't get that much tax money out of us....but if it does, then they have the tax laws in place to get as much out of us as they can. So IMO they don't know what will happen either so they are planning ahead.

Gottcha... Thanks

Still prayin for the rv.....

I really don't know much about what happened in Kuwait but I have heard the people who are positive an RV will happen use Kuwait as an example of what could happen. I'm just not sure why they think it will or won't happen here. How are Iraq and Kuwait similar? (other than the obvious ways)

I really don't know much about what happened in Kuwait but I have heard the people who are positive an RV will happen use Kuwait as an example of what could happen. I'm just not sure why they think it will or won't happen here. How are Iraq and Kuwait similar? (other than the obvious ways)

They have almost nothing in common......other then they were invaded and they both produce oil.....other then that, you cannot compare the two and expect the same outcome

• Downvote 2

We all "know what we KNOW"....and most of us can recognize "the things we DO NOT KNOW"....what's really apparent...in this case WE DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW...yet every day WE work to make ourselves right...that WE KNOW...and GOD FORBID allowing the inorance of the GURU's to continue to guide the way...TODAY'S THE DAY...right on...

Uh hem. . . . I seriously wish everyone would leave off calling the pumpers, "GURUS." They are anything but that. I realize that the term is being applied in a derogatory manner, but the name, "pumper" quite suffices. Calling the pumpers, Gurus just confuses a lot of people as to what an actual Guru is. And it's really quite disrespectful of true Gurus which can be very wise men.

They have almost nothing in common......other then they were invaded and they both produce oil.....other then that, you cannot compare the two and expect the same outcome

Right. Exactly the case. Besides oil, what Iraq and Kuwait have in common is mainly sand. And in both cases, lots of it.

Try these 2 sites and get what you can out of them. Just remember that there are not many records from back then so this is what I could dig up real quick. Hope it helps.

http://articlesofinterest-kelley.blogspot.com/2011/01/kuwaits-revaluation-brief-history-what.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=kuwait+currency+history&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=tl:1&tbo=u&ei=vLORTPrTBYOClAfMqLSkCg&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&resnum=11&ved=0CEkQ5wIwCg

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/25/world/after-the-war-no-electricity-but-kuwait-reopens-its-banks.html

This article is also from the New York Times and was printed just one week BEFORE the Kuwaiti Banks reopened and they clearly say that the Kuwaiti Dinar was worthless.

7 Days AFTER this article stating the Kuwaiti Dinar was worthless the banks reopened and accepted the same "worthless" Kuwaiti Dinar at the exchange rate of $3.47 per 1 Kuwaiti Dinar.

Article:

AFTER THE WAR; Quick Kuwaiti Recovery Is Seen, With the Cost Less Than Thought

By YOUSSEF M. IBRAHIM, Special to The New York Times

Published: March 18, 1991

Snip: "There is no Kuwaiti currency: the Kuwaiti dinar has no fixed value and the Central Bank and other banks have yet to tell people what will happen to their savings or to find records of millions of accounts. Free Food and Gasoline"

Link:

http://www.nytimes.c...%20Dinar&st=cse

These are very good reads....especially the last 2

question?, do we know as fact that quite a few other countries are invested in the dinar as well, and if so, are there any links to news articles that prove it? :huh:

Will

oops i think i just found my answer

Edited by WILLB

From what I could find on the subject, it was the street rate that fell, not the official rate. Many Kuwaiti's were afraid that their KWD would be declared void due to the Iraqi's looting of the CBK. Consequently, if you were there, you could buy KWD on the street for a fraction of it's true worth. As long as those KWD did not have serial numbers that were declared invalid by the CBK (they knew what was stolen, and what was already in circulation), you would have been able to exchange what you bought for pennies, for the new KWD 1 for 1.

The Central Bank is canceling the value of Kuwaiti dinars that were seized from the Central Bank and put into circulation by the Iraqis. The invalid serial numbers were posted today in front of all banks in the city.
  • Upvote 1

It has been said that the DFI now also contains the proceeds of the frozen assets that came under EO13305. The figure of $250 billion has made it's way around.

I don't know if they would be allowed to access that for other than rebuilding, infrastructure, or for feeding the citizens.

It is kept separate from the CBI, as is the 5% Oil Exports account for Kuwait reparations.

There is still much we don't know. All we can try to do is remain hopeful, and try to keep an open mind.

It is depressing for me also.

dalite - this is depressing because you are fearful that this will not RV as we all think or that we will not profit from this at all? i value your posts more than anyone else on this site; you have been confident that the IQD will RV at 0.86 per dinar or better. has something in your research changed? r/yoda69