Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

G.W Bush

trooper

I guess I wasnt clear enough. I was referring to Canada not sending combat units. As a veteran with 16 months in combat (1st Cav) I trust you're not lumping me in with draft dodgers,etc. Sorry. I get a little testy about Vietnam. But its my fault---I brought it up.

No big deal, and not lumping you in..I had no idea there were that many. They probably remained up here and many who served in the US Army remained in the US.

We do have planes bombing in Libya now, but that just doesn't seem right. Peace..

Edited by Sirius

You forgot Saturday Night Live, Blues Brothers, The Blackberry, Cheech and Chong, Host for Jeopardy, Universal Standard Time, Trivial Pursuit, Sinatra's My Way, The Band, Insulin, Two biggest Movies of all time, Cirque de Soleil, Leonard Cohen, Neil Young, Captain Kirk, Scotty, The Mamas & The Papas, Back to the Future, Java computer language, Bonanza, Troy McClure, IMAX movies, APL computer language, ABC television news host, C computer language, Daniel Lanois, Art Linkletter, Howie Mandel, Will & Grace, Lilith Fair, Greenpeace, Austin Powers, Joni Mitchell, Anne of Green Gables, Steve Nash ( two-time MVP), Airplane movies, Ellen Page, Morley Safer, Rush, band leader on David Letterman, Donald and Kiefer Sutherland, New York Daily News, Ace Ventura, WWE, Mr. Dressup, Ironside,

Sorry, was rambling on.....oh and good BEER.

PS - Left out some like Keanu, Beiber and Celine, didn't want an International incident.

:lol::lol:

Dude, I like Canada and Canadians, but that guy was an arse.

BTW, you all can take back ABC news host (?), take all of ABC News for that matter, Howie Mandel, Greenpeace, Morley Safer, definately David Letterman, NY Daily News, and a few of the others I have never heard of.

Please please take back Letterman. :lol:

And really, your beer tastes, .......well, green. Yech! :blink:

Give me a good German beer or an American micro brew any day of the week. More on the weekend!! B)

Have a good one.

...and thank God Bush did it. Think where Israel would be today with our current President's attitude and actions toward them. With Iraq heading toward being another ally in the region, we're safer clearly than we would otherwise be. For as smart an individual as he is, Obama is really ignorant (or perhaps callous), regarding Israel and its importance to regional and by extension, world peace.

you tell me what I as an American owes Israel! I don't remember getting a food box from them or anything when I didn't have much growing up poor! I could care less what happens to Israel.....I don't remember Israel coming out of pocket when my family lost everything during Hurricane Katrina or ever any other natural disaster in this country......not even during 9/11. :angry:

please stop believing that Israel is our friend and has our country's back....thay don't!....... how many Israelies have died helping us fight in Afganistan or Iraq? :angry:

If I am wrong please give a list of what Israel has done for Americans! :angry:

peace-out!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sorry - BUT I will take Canada over the USA any day !!!

We have a certain humility about us that endears us to the rest of the world

Does that "certain humiliy" include bragging about it? Seems to me that an humble person or nation wouldn't need to toot their own horn. Bragging simply isn't on the top one hundred list of endearing qualities...

I suppose you aren't included in the number of very humbled (and ill) persons crossing the border for medical care either, are you? Yep. I can see how you may feel as you do. Good. I won't have to worry about you being one of those no driving Canadian snow birds coming to South Texas for the winter. B)

you tell me what I as an American owes Israel! I don't remember getting a food box from them or anything when I didn't have much growing up poor! I could care less what happens to Israel.....I don't remember Israel coming out of pocket when my family lost everything during Hurricane Katrina or ever any other natural disaster in this country......not even during 9/11. :angry:

please stop believing that Israel is our friend and has our country's back....thay don't!....... how many Israelies have died helping us fight in Afganistan or Iraq? :angry:

peace-out!

Let's see... If you don't know and fully understand our ties to Israel, I'd sooner herd cats into a bucket of water.

You don't really want a list. What you want is a ridiculous argument about Israel, and I for one will not give it to you because your post regarding Israel says it all.

Nope. Not me. Someone else can debate this one. I don't think your opinion would change one iota even if I provided you with a book. OH YEAH! That's it! The Book... The Book of all books. B)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

peace-out!

to the person who gave me a negative and took away my plus.................please take the time to answer my question show me I'm wrong in everything I said!

so easy to hit the negative button without an answer to what I said- you simpleton! :D

Does that "certain humiliy" include bragging about it? Seems to me that an humble person or nation wouldn't need to toot their own horn. Bragging simply isn't on the top one hundred list of endearing qualities...

I suppose you aren't included in the number of very humbled (and ill) persons crossing the border for medical care either, are you? Yep. I can see how you may feel as you do. Good. I won't have to worry about you being one of those no driving Canadian snow birds coming to South Texas for the winter. B)

Let's see... If you don't know and fully understand our ties to Israel, I'd sooner herd cats into a bucket of water.

You don't really want a list. What you want is a ridiculous argument about Israel, and I for one will not give it to you because your post regarding Israel says it all.

Nope. Not me. Someone else can debate this one. I don't think your opinion would change one iota even if I provided you with a book. OH YEAH! That's it! The Book... The Book of all books. B)

I gave you a plus- enlighten my uneducated behind on all of the wonderful gifts that Israel has brought to all races in America!

please don't mention the bible as your only reference......and I might add if you can show me a passage in the bible that refers to America and Israel holding hands in unity <_<

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Don't ya just love your country, arnt ya so proud of it, They just take what they want when they want at the expense of out sons and daughters. Dam I'm proud to be an American arnt you , :(

Biker.. I think I know where your coming from. Now if you asked me.. do I 100% support everything America has ever done.... I would have to say ... "No". And we could discuss our problems at length. Yet there are a few hopeful things. It used to be said we are the only country that helps other nations without the purpose of conquest... Iraq may actually be a change in that policy, unless in fact we do fully pull out one day. We still have some freedoms of speech... try Russia, China, North Korea, Iran... anybody wanna live in one of these countries? Any takers? I don't see everybody rushing to pack their bags. Yes, there are a lot of things we could improve if we are honest with ourselves. But it will never happen unless we hang in there, maintain hope, and do what we can to help make this a better country for our kids to grow up in. Not bashing you, just trying to encourage you a bit if possible. Take care man!

Biker.. I think I know where your coming from. Now if you asked me.. do I 100% support everything America has ever done.... I would have to say ... "No". And we could discuss our problems at length. Yet there are a few hopeful things. It used to be said we are the only country that helps other nations without the purpose of conquest... Iraq may actually be a change in that policy, unless in fact we do fully pull out one day. We still have some freedoms of speech... try Russia, China, North Korea, Iran... anybody wanna live in one of these countries? Any takers? I don't see everybody rushing to pack their bags. Yes, there are a lot of things we could improve if we are honest with ourselves. But it will never happen unless we hang in there, maintain hope, and do what we can to help make this a better country for our kids to grow up in. Not bashing you, just trying to encourage you a bit if possible. Take care man!

or you could say it sucks, but it's the best game in town.....

• Upvote 1

I believe a mans record speaks for it's self. In 232 years prior to 2008, all presidents from inception of this Great Country had basically incurred 8 trillion dollars of debt. Yes George W Bush, included. Our current President in less than 4 years has brought our national debt to the incredible amount of 14 trillion. Oh let me see, that comes out to 6 trillion dollars of debt attributed to his presidency alone. Obamas doing a great job! Unemployment is at it's highest rate sine the great depression. 51 percent of the American people are getting a government check. Today I heard one out of five men are unemployed. Obama's doing an incredible job. His stats are unsurpassed! I can't wait to pay the new taxes he has in place, especially on my new found wealth. I can't wait for all you future Republicans to write that huge income tax check! Well after all it's your patriotic duty right? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

to the person who gave me a negative and took away my plus.................please take the time to answer my question show me I'm wrong in everything I said!

so easy to hit the negative button without an answer to what I said- you simpleton! :D

I gave you a plus- enlighten my uneducated behind on all of the wonderful gifts that Israel has brought to all races in America!

please don't mention the bible as your only reference......and I might add if you can show me a passage in the bible that refers to America and Israel holding hands in unity <_<

I generally reserve the power of plus and minus for the exceptional and exceptionally ridiculous respectively. I will, however, return the kindness and give you a +1. I will not engage you in a civil (or otherwise) debate over the merits of Israel as our very close (if not closest) ally. I told you, you seem to be looking for an argument and my knoweledge of our relationship with Israel transcends T1t for tat types of dialogue. I will not quote scripture either in chapter or verse and the bible is not my only point of reference. I know that I know and that is the basis of my original premise. If you do not know, a debate will not change your mind. B)

Well Mr Banjolatusak, the name don't sound like you belong here anyway, We have a great country no doubt, but the way its being run now is rather sick. And if you study your forgoing history from the past 6 yrs and the way the staff of the white house is destroying this great nation you mite feel differently , so take that and bite your own pillow. :D

Stupid people have been running america for years that is why it is in the shape that it is.

I beg to differ with you on this one point... The people running the country are not stupid. They know exactly what they have been up to. It, unfortunately, falls squarely upon the shoulders of the voters and the non-voters.

Now for a diatribe not directed at you (but if the shoe fits, wear it):

Most Americans are extremely lazy when it comes to the fulfillment of their civic responsibilities. Most Americans have been content to accept whatever the benevolent, all powerful and wise government officials bless them with. It sickens me to hear one say "my vote doesn't count anyway." Bah! That is stupid, lazy and even cowardly. My Congressional representatives at the state and federal level may not know my face when they see it, but they damn sure know my name. I take the time to try and compensate for the lazy and narcissistic Americans who are so busy keeping up with the Jones' that they won't take time to educate themselves about the issues. It p1$$e$ me off to the inth degree to hear someone say "I vote a straight party line ticket." Those Republicans just want to take away my government assistance check. Those "RICH" people don't need all that money to reinvest in the economy and create businesses that provide us with jobs. Why should I do the best job I can do? The owner of this company doesn't give a damn about me. Otherwise he would have recognized that I can run this company better than the managers. Bull crap! That's why this country is in the shape it's in.

Have you seen the so-called "reality" shows that people are watching (following closely) and keeping up with the trash that's on them?

B)

• Upvote 2

Don't ya just love your country, arnt ya so proud of it, They just take what they want when they want at the expense of out sons and daughters. Dam I'm proud to be an American arnt you , :(

If your not, take a trip to Afghanistan, Turkey, China, Russia, Africa....etc. You'll come screaming back! I'm sure a few of my boys could give u a grand tour of Kandahar? Get you broke in real nice!!

I'm damn proud to be an American! I'm sitting out on my back deck watching my kid's swim in our pool while a Whitetail doe and her 2 fawns feed in a soybean field behind our house! Hell yes I love my country!!

try Russia, China, North Korea, Iran... anybody wanna live in one of these countries? Any takers? I don't see everybody rushing to pack their bags. Yes, there are a lot of things we could improve if we are honest with ourselves. But it will never happen unless we hang in there, maintain hope, and do what we can to help make this a better country for our kids to grow up in. Not bashing you, just trying to encourage you a bit if possible. Take care man!

Absolutely! Well said!

• Upvote 1

I guess some people are just wound a little too tightly that their comprehension of humour has gone right out the window. I wasn't bragging Pureau - just being me.

BtW - I haven't been to a doctor since I was 6 and fractured my collarbone - almost 50 years ago - so NO I do not have any use for American medical care. Isn't there just as many border-crossers heading north for cheaper prescription drugs? Life is a two-way street donnnnnnnnnnnnt you know?

And I happen to love the snow and cold, so don't worry about me visiting South Texas any time soon, especially if YOU are part of the welcoming committee.

Edited by BJinMontreal

I guess some people are just wound a little too tightly that their comprehension of humour has gone right out the window. I wasn't bragging Pureau - just being me.

BtW - I haven't been to a doctor since I was 6 and fractured my collarbone - almost 50 years ago - so NO I do not have any use for American medical care. And I happen to love the snow and cold, so don't worry about me visiting South Texas any time soon, especially if YOU are part of the welcoming committee.

Well if that was an effort at humor, I'll have to take your word for it and apologize for being wrapped a bit to tightly. It's just that I'm sick of hearing people put America down. With all of our inherent problems, we Americans are almost singlehandedly responsible for the world enjoying fantastic prosperity. Yes. Other nations have made fabulous contributions, but America used to be EXCEPTIONAL and I'm damned proud to be an American. So to you and your humor, I offer my apologies. To those who want to criticize America... BITE ME. B)

• Upvote 3

Last I checked we still have an all VOLUNTEER army! Nobody is forced to be there. At least Bush had the guts to do what Clinton didn't have the stomach for. Btw, I am VERY proud of this great country and all who defend her! -1

• Upvote 1

Just curious, why you are even here? I mean surely you didn't invest in any of this dinar because if you did then that is pretty hypicritical to try and profit from something you appear to be so strongly against?

or you could say it sucks, but it's the best game in town.....

Yup... you have a way with words THINK (and that is a gift to say a lot with few words), me, I guess I am just too dog gone long winded! rolleyes.gif I do hope Biker got the point though.

Just curious, why you are even here? I mean surely you didn't invest in any of this dinar because if you did then that is pretty hypicritical to try and profit from something you appear to be so strongly against?

Not trying to bash here... but have you considered expanding your "partying" crowd? You might want to try and meet some old vets (Vietnam era) and see what they think of their country. Many of them still love their countries, but don't trust their govt. I have heard story after story of senseless deaths, with little or no logical reason... and wonder why? So do the soldiers. Unless you have been through what they have been through you may wanna hold back on the judgement of anyone that doesn't seem to fit into your paradigm... just a suggestion. Have a great day... and remember, thank a vet, without them you wouldn't be able to say what you want. Take care.

Sorry - BUT I will take Canada over the USA any day !!!

We have a certain humility about us that endears us to the rest of the world

Ill give you a +.

You being from Canada I find it refreshing that you stand up for your country... Just as I do for the USA!!!

I dont think all those -'s realized you are from Canada.

BtW - I haven't been to a doctor since I was 6 and fractured my collarbone - almost 50 years ago - so NO I do not have any use for American medical care. Isn't there just as many border-crossers heading north for cheaper prescription drugs? Life is a two-way street donnnnnnnnnnnnt you know?

And I happen to love the snow and cold, so don't worry about me visiting South Texas any time soon, especially if YOU are part of the welcoming committee.

Ya sure yur not frum Minni-soeta??? Donnnnnnnnnt ya know? laugh.gif FYI... my dad was born in O Cananda but he crawled across the border as a little tyke into the land of "wild blue yonder", otherwise known as Minni-soeta! Don't be offended by a Texan... they are their own country, and they too have their own brand of humor!wink.gif ("brand" get it???).

Like Russia or China wouldn't given the chance? And the last I checked, we have a all volunteer military. Your children made a decision they will have to live or die with. So... Why don't you take your anti-American sarcasm and find a country where you can bite your pillow in peace.

I'm saddened that my dad lost his life for your *******freedom!!!

GW bankrupt this country, and I don't believe anyone could have gotten us out of this mess.

Anti-American sarcasm....I'm sure you don't know the meaning! :angry: