Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

POP POLL (no lopsters please)

For the most part I'm thinking the $ 1.25 to $ 1.45 exchange rate. Start out conservative and over next six to twelve months climb to $ 3.00 range. Nevertheless my wish rate changes in direct proportion to the Luxury Autos, Boats and Mansions that I'm checking out. Anything North of a USD Buck would be GREAT!

And that would make the most sense because of the need to de-dollarize Iraq.....the dinar needs to have the same purchasing power in order for this to work....

Now they just need to get the funds in the bank to be able to back it up......

they have oil-natural gas, they will also have years and years and years to pay this back.........as i like to say they will pay this back in oil and broken promises. everything is adding up to a rv, why else would every country besides kuwait forgive there debt? answer is iraq didnt want to double pay them debt plus rv, so they worked out the rv plan only. you are super smart why dont you turn positive for a minute and write a piece on how they will rv, and put the l o p aside for a minute. if iraqs economy was already stable in my mind a l o p would work, but they need a major jumpstart. iraq needs locals to open businesses, they need a major boost, and the rv is really the only way to get them there quickly. i respect your opinion on all this, but jmw, dalite, and yourself seem to forget that iraq has the most potential of any country ever, and they could easily support a rv.

• Upvote 8

To: Sonny 1

I feel they will start out between .10 to .30 cents for 3 to 6 mos. I think with all the trillions out in dinars they would not be

able to support this coming out the gate. You know a lot of people will cash in with what ever they come out with just

feeling it wil go back down. This way they save themseves millions they don't have to payout, then they to start increasing the rate

slowly as they start pumping more oil. They are starting up a lot of projects all over the country.

I agree they will be one of the Riches counties in the world worth more than any of the other oil countries and the rates will continue to climb

I think with any kind of RV .10 or 1.00 this will stimulate the growth of ecomony and business will start.

Just my opinion. Believe me, I sure would like to see 1:1 but I am trying to look at the dinar in a way that makes sense

they have oil-natural gas, they will also have years and years and years to pay this back.........as i like to say they will pay this back in oil and broken promises. everything is adding up to a rv, why else would every country besides kuwait forgive there debt? answer is iraq didnt want to double pay them debt plus rv, so they worked out the rv plan only. you are super smart why dont you turn positive for a minute and write a piece on how they will rv, and put the l o p aside for a minute. if iraqs economy was already stable in my mind a l o p would work, but they need a major jumpstart. iraq needs locals to open businesses, they need a major boost, and the rv is really the only way to get them there quickly. i respect your opinion on all this, but jmw, dalite, and yourself seem to forget that iraq has the most potential of any country ever, and they could easily support a rv.

And as we keep pointing out is that if they monetize the oil, it would put the value in jeopardy because the oil prices are too volitile to be stablized enough to keep a solid rate....not only that, if they monetize the oil to back the value of the oil, its basically like using it as collateral and as your pumping more and more oil to be sold, your collateral is lost and lowered and so would the rate....it would be silly to do so.....

I wasent even being negative in my comment or talking about a lop....I was actually being positive and saying that it should come out at the dollar to dedollarize iraq...which makes sense....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There are parts of both sonny1's and keepm's posts that I agree with. Shabibi has consistently stated that he wants the IQD to be comparable in value to the USD. Additionally, there is the national pride issue, which you will never see reflected on a balance sheet, that will help drive the value beyond that of the USD.

I think it's possible that a straight RV could be part of a larger international strategy to monetize EVERYONE'S assets, which would reduce the risk that Iraq would assume if it were the only nation to do so. No less than Alan Greenspan, considered by many as the steward of the fiat currency system when he was Fed chairman, went on Fox Business Network not long ago and said the international financial system needed to be asset based. That's a tacit admission that the fiat monetary system isn't working well and needs to be replaced.

A key indicator of Iraq's intentions will be what they do when they finally exit chapter 7. If they move right away to embrace chapter 8, and monetize their natural resources, I think a straight RV wouldn't be that far behind.

In that case, I think the opening value would be 1 IQD = 1.17 USD.

I agree they will be one of the Riches counties in the world worth more than any of the other oil countries and the rates will continue to climb

End Quote

Right now the richest Country ( with the biggest oli reserves in the area at least until they check all of Iraqi reserves for good...) in the area is and has been for a long time... Saudi Arabia... As of today, the SA Riyal is worth $ 0.26

If you are going to make a claim...at least make one you can substantiate.

The US GDP is 14.1 TRILLION

http://www.google.com/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&met_y=ny_gdp_mktp_cd&idim=country:USA&dl=en&hl=en&q=us+gdp

Iraq's GDP is 65 BILLION

http://www.google.com/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&met_y=ny_gdp_mktp_cd&idim=country:IRQ&dl=en&hl=en&q=iraq+gdp

US Money supply - 9 Trillion

Iraq Money supply - 59 Trillion

Our GDP is 11 times higher and our money supply is 1/5 the size of Iraq...yet you and your "economist" from dubia think that Iraq should be on par with the US dollar.....

And you do this based on them paying us out on future profits from oil and gas production...95% of their revenue comes from oil production...but your threory is they will give up all of the revenue needed to run their country for the next couple of hundered years so they can RV now....does that really make sense?

Exactly right. Tiny clarification: all the GDP and M2 numbers shown are in USD, except for Iraq's M2 at 59T dinar = $50B USD. So going from a GDP / M2 of $65B / $50B to one of $65 / $50T is not possible. The economy would overheat to the point of instant hyper-inflationand chaos. When the federal reserve injects money into the US supply (typically by buying T-bills from private investors and creating money to pay for it) its usually in small percentages. A move of 10% is a huge change (see here http://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/review/98/11/9811wd.pdf), 100,000% (a factor of 1000 from 1170 to 1.17) would just explode Iraq's economy (and I don't mean fast growth, I mean destruction).

Original question: What say YOU, learned ones? No long diatribes please, just your best guess.

Your response jmw.....

If you are going to make a claim...at least make one you can substantiate.

The US GDP is 14.1 TRILLION

http://www.google.co...&hl=en&q=us+gdp

Iraq's GDP is 65 BILLION

http://www.google.co...l=en&q=iraq+gdp

US Money supply - 9 Trillion

Iraq Money supply - 59 Trillion

Our GDP is 11 times higher and our money supply is 1/5 the size of Iraq...yet you and your "economist" from dubia think that Iraq should be on par with the US dollar.....

And you do this based on them paying us out on future profits from oil and gas production...95% of their revenue comes from oil production...but your threory is they will give up all of the revenue needed to run their country for the next couple of hundered years so they can RV now....does that really make sense?

It isn't negative...it is fact....is that what you want is everyone to just agree with you...even though you can never back up anything you say with facts.

Stop lying to and manipulating people...if you did I would have to seem negative.

I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion... but hey, really, can ya'll give up your soap box for one minute "please" and stick to the point! Geez... I know some of you think you have all the marbles but the rest of us grow tired of the bickering and fussing. If you wanna open a post and discuss your ideology fine... lets see how many folks you attract. Otherwise stick to the point.. plain and simple. Thanks... and have a great day!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Original question: What say YOU, learned ones? No long diatribes please, just your best guess.

I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion... but hey, really, can ya'll give up your soap box for one minute "please" and stick to the point! Geez... I know some of you think you have all the marbles but the rest of us grow tired of the bickering and fussing. If you wanna open a post and discuss your ideology fine... lets see how many folks you attract. Otherwise stick to the point.. plain and simple. Thanks... and have a great day!

Yea I'll have to admit to having forgotten about the OP's admonition in my reply to jmw as well. oops.

Yea I'll have to admit to having forgotten about the OP's admonition in my reply to jmw as well. oops.

No foul... and not trying to bash anybody, sorry if it came across that way... if ya'll wanna play... that's cool, just trying to keep the "lectures" (sorry if that sounds harsh but that is how it seems to come across to me anyway... imho) in their proper place. I love a good debate, and I know I can't keep up with most of you sharp, well researched ones, but still believe we all have a voice that needs to be heard. Take care!wink.gif

• Upvote 1