Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Breaking News

BillQ

It speaks to the total lack of respect Obama has from both republicans and and democrats.

Beohner (sp) thinks he has one and is holding on for more.

He knows he has the dems scared IMO

Let's look at it this was......if in fact the republicans are only worried about the rich, then this will affect them the least in the short term.

Once you have a gazillion million what's loosing a few?

The dems are going to suffer the most if nothing happens, it's the "check" people that vote mostly dem right?

I could have this all wrong as I am not burdened with all the facts

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Can somebody tell me how this is debt reduction? 1 trillion in debt reduction plus 650 billion on cuts to medicare and ss and in return of doing this he gets the dedt raised to 1.2 trillion. Whats that ? We are at 14.5 trillion in debt. A savings of 450 billion is a joke. If i were Moody I would still default.

Edited by pep007

It speaks to the total lack of respect Obama has from both republicans and and democrats.

Let's look at it this was......if in fact the republicans are only worried about the rich, then this will affect them the least in the short term.

The dems are going to suffer the most if nothing happens, it's the "check" people that vote mostly dem right?

It's losing, not loosing.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

US: Barclays points out US will exhaust its borrowing authority ...

23. July 2011 2:13:58

US: Barclays points out US will exhaust its borrowing authority

under the debt limit on Aug 2 but the Treasury's cash flows are a

little better recently and the date the Treasury will run out of cash to

pay its obligations might be "around August 10 instead." Aug 3 ($32b

incl $22b SocialSec) and Aug 10 (also SS) are big outlay days, Barclays

ests,and it's the latter date that is more important. Thus "if

policymakers are truly falling short by just a few days on a big agreement, they

now seem to have an extra week or so."

It isn't that republicans are worried about the rich. That is just political hype from the other side to make the people think it is about the rich and the democrats try to make the people think the rich aren't paying their fair share and can afford to pay more and should have to pay more.

The truth is, you cannot tax just the rich and not affect the middle class. The republicans know this as well as the democrats know this. The truth is any tax increase on the rich never affects the rich at all and all that tax increase flows right back onto the middle class.

For example, let's say I have a business and one of my products right now is sold retail in the stores for $10. The government raises taxes on me where lets say that tax increase on me works out to be an average increase on my cost to make that $10 product to be 25 cents. So right now I can produce that product to you for a retail cost of $10, but as soon as that tax increase hits me, I will not only raise the price of that $10 product by 25 cents, but I will raise it by 50 cents where that not only covers my tax increase, but it also increases my profit as well. So government gets more in taxes and I get more in profits and all the cost to cover that tax and extra profit gets passed straight to the average American that buys the product. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer and that is how the game is played. The rich don't pay any taxes. Never have and never will. Any taxes that are paid from their tax returns is all money that is collected from the consumers built into the prices of the products and services they buy. The tax is actually an increase tax on the general population which is really a hidden tax because of increasing the taxes on the average American directly, it is increased on them as a hidden tax that is hidden in the added increase of prices for everything they buy. So don't let anyone fool you when they try to tell you they are going to make the rich pay more taxes and not increase any tax on the average American. That is all smoke and mirrors to make you believe your fine fellow politicians are really looking out for you the little guy, when in fact they are actually taxing the little guy more because they all know it will all get passed right back down to the little guy in higher prices.

Now you know the rest of the story they never dare tell you.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why don't all government workers and other contractors feeding off of us take a %5 pay cut across the board? Instead of robbing the old and sick? Those causing the deficit take the same hit.

If they want to do something about those big programs they created, why not clean up the corruption?

And why not get rid of Obama's unfunded health care scam?

I guarantee they will raise the dept ceiling. No other choice for now.

Unless they default on the dept and cause a world wide crash.