Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Cop Threatens to Kill Concealed Carry Gun Owner

krome2ez

Transcript and video can be found with link at bottom.

Warning; Foul language

Cop Threatens to Kill Concealed Carry Gun Owner During Traffic Stop

Posted on July 21, 2011 at 1:05pm by Jonathon M. Seidl

A police officer’s dash cam in Canton, OH caught a disturbing exchange last month between a cop and a driver during a traffic stop. In it, the cop can be heard (and seen) berating a man for not telling the officer immediately that he had a concealed carry permit and thus a concealed weapon, even saying at one point he should have killed the gun owner. But there’s just one problem: the man tried several times but the officer cut him off.

That is a problem. In Ohio (as in many states), the law requires concealed carry gun owners to immediately inform law enforcement if they have a weapon when they are pulled over. So when the man, named William, was not allowed to do so immediately, and the cop eventually found out, that created an issue.

Ohioans For Concealed Carry (OFCC) obtained the video and explains what happened on June 8, 2011:

You can watch the events unfold below, and OFCC gives a play-by-play with some included text. WARNING, though, it does contain some graphic language:

OFCC says the local police are investigating the issue and the officer’s conduct.

Police officers do have the right to take their own security seriously. But as Ed Morrissey over at Hot Air explains, this seems different:

In this case, though, a fair viewing of the videotape shows that the driver did attempt to notify the officers on more than one occasion before stepping out of the car, and tried to do so when the officer approached his window several minutes into the stop. He may not have done it very well, but it certainly doesn’t appear that the driver intended to keep the information from the police. The officer told him repeatedly to keep his mouth shut while they checked out the other two people involved in the stop. Threatening death and/or a beating to a man who tried repeatedly and finally succeeded in fulfilling his legal obligation to inform them is irrational and should be illegal.

OFCC is now trying to raise funds for Williams defense.

UPDATE:

On the blog Wednesday, Meredith posted a video of an officer calmly and respectively checking and interacting with a gentleman who was legally and openly carrying an unloaded firearm in California. It’s worth noting how that officer handled his situation:

Although they are different — one man was carrying concealed and the other carrying openly — the juxtaposition of the officers’ reactions are interesting.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you-fu-with-me-cop-threatens-concealed-carry-gun-owner-during-traffic-stop/

• Upvote 2

this is from a story today

It all boils down to "narcissistic pathology," Dr. Reiss explained. Most cops have a need for power and a sense of entitlement, he said. Some of them--particularly the young and inexperienced--can't keep these traits under control in times of stress.

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2011/07/22/bad-cops-in-bad-economy/#ixzz1SsA17t6M

I used to think the cops were just decent people with a greater sense of morality.

Now it seems they are a bunch of power hungry freaks.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

[

I used to think the cops were just decent people with a greater sense of morality.

Now it seems they are a bunch of power hungry freaks.

Amen! And to think that you have to see a shrink and be evaluated before you can go to the academy and before you can be hired to a dept. Whos to blame there? (shrinks?)

Beware of any one who wants to be or is a cop or a lawer, or pollititian !!!!!!1 They are all scared little controll freaks or power hungry freaks trying to elevate themselves over's.Why else do you think they try to circumvent the second Ammendment! It's hard to lord over slaves in society if they have weapons to defend themselves. :(B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This was sickening to threaten this guys life and say i should of executed YOU. Honestly this is the way Cops have always been there are some good cops but mostly power hungry egotistical getting back at society cops now. Cops now adays just treat you like crap doent matter what you did or how innocent you are. The thing is now thiss has been going on for years but now its started to surface and expsoe these uniform thugs for the real characters they are. Sadly this will not stop, this cop will get not get fired but get relieved for a while and get a job as a cop in another town unfortunately same ol same ol.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There were so many "rights" violations in that video! Pathetic! The bad thing is that these "goofballs" make Police men/women look bad. Working with our local city police dept, I know that there are many great officers still out there. How embarrassing for them! Ego freaks!!

• Upvote 1

Right i'm from Ireland a country of approximatly 6 million people, where at any given time there are up to 15 terrorist cells in active operation..... our police dont carry guns, only special branch officers...... how much gun crime is there.... very little, but then again everyone and there granma seem to be packing in the US

I'd love to see how hard your cops are if you took their guns away lol ..... they always seemed to me to be a little trigger happy...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I can easyly see how this could happen. It kind of happened to me.

About a year a go, I got off work and was driving home in my hot little convertable sports car and had the music playing loud. I admit I was speeding...they clocked me going 54 in a 45 zone. As soon as I saw the lights I pulled over. Three police cars surround me...they can clearly see I'm a woman with no one else in the car. The first guy jumped out of his car and put his hand on his revolver...and said, turn off the car and put your hands out the side of the car where I can see them. Which I did...two others stood behind me and off to the side. He then asked if I had any concealed firearms and I said no. I started to ask what this was all about and he told me to shut up and only answer questions that I was asked. He then said, your lucky I don't haul you off to jail right now. So, I went into receive mode...but could tell the guy was shaking. After he looked at my license and insurance, he finally told me that I was going 9 miles over the speed limit. It was then that I blew up and said WTF? You treated me like a known criminal...I've never even got a ticket before (which isn't quiet true...never got one in America, but trying to make a point).

Anyway, it was a $200 fine and half a day in drivers school. But, like this video, it shows that these guys have their adrenaline pumping when they pull you over. :o

About a year a go, I got off work and was driving home in my hot little convertable sports car and had the music playing loud. I admit I was speeding...they clocked me going 54 in a 45 zone. As soon as I saw the lights I pulled over. Three police cars surround me...they can clearly see I'm a woman with no one else in the car. The first guy jumped out of his car and put his hand on his revolver...and said, turn off the car and put your hands out the side of the car where I can see them. Which I did...two others stood behind me and off to the side. He then asked if I had any concealed firearms and I said no. I started to ask what this was all about and he told me to shut up and only answer questions that I was asked. He then said, your lucky I don't haul you off to jail right now. So, I went into receive mode...but could tell the guy was shaking. After he looked at my license and insurance, he finally told me that I was going 9 miles over the speed limit. It was then that I blew up and said WTF? You treated me like a known criminal...I've never even got a ticket before (which isn't quiet true...never got one in America, but trying to make a point).

Anyway, it was a $200 fine and half a day in drivers school. But, like this video, it shows that these guys have their adrenaline pumping when they pull you over. :o

Well if that is a pic of you in your avatar and I was a cop I would have simply said, just slow it down a little, ma'am and have a nice day! ;)

As for these cops, I love it how they think they can just bully people and threaten them into having to shut up and answer their questions. No one has to answer anything. They must get you to answer their questions in order for them to have something to use against you. I don't answer any questions. I always reply back with a question to them. Their screaming and threats don't phase me any, but I also don't get cocky or anything. I don't need to. I just remain calm and be polite but never answer any questions.

Good point...but, how long were they behind you before you noticed? Only asking because my ex husband had the same experience (except his was a big ol' pickup truck). He had the music up loud and didn't hear the sirens and didn't notice the lights until they had followed him for awhile. So they did treat him like a criminal....they probably got a little rush when he didn't pull over right away.

And YES the cop in the video was waayyy overboard and should be fired.

My son....who has a very high IQ...just graduated from HS..is joining the Army and then plans on being a police officer.

Good point...but, how long were they behind you before you noticed? Only asking because my ex husband had the same experience (except his was a big ol' pickup truck). He had the music up loud and didn't hear the sirens and didn't notice the lights until they had followed him for awhile. So they did treat him like a criminal....they probably got a little rush when he didn't pull over right away.

My son....who has a very high IQ...just graduated from HS..is joining the Army and then plans on being a police officer.

If he has a very high IQ they may not hire him. From I have been hearing from other officers that have been around for awhile is that they now have only been hiring people with low IQ's as cops. A lot of the cops that have been around have been starting to wake up to what is really going on and are questioning things now. A lot of them are losing their jobs over that and a lot are just leaving the force because of it. This is allegedly why they started only hiring people with low IQ's now. I can't verify this but is coming from cops that have been telling us this.

Right i'm from Ireland a country of approximatly 6 million people, where at any given time there are up to 15 terrorist cells in active operation..... our police dont carry guns, only special branch officers...... how much gun crime is there.... very little, but then again everyone and there granma seem to be packing in the US

I'd love to see how hard your cops are if you took their guns away lol ..... they always seemed to me to be a little trigger happy...

I don't mean to be rude to you, but your commentary was rather unfocused. The one thing that is clear is that the first four words invalidated your input. As a "natural born" American descendent of PRE-revolutionary colonial pilgrims: the Second Amendment is relevant. If you think the disarming of Ireland was correct, terrific. I don't care what you do in Ireland, but I'm a gun-totin', religion clinger and plan on it remaining that way.

So, I assume, it is safe to say that it is your opinion that when several of those "15 terrorist cells" go active your unarmed police will naturally engage them with wit and charm... Good for you. Maybe you should also emphasize that we armed Americans need to mind our own business and definitely do NOT need to send a military contingent in to interfere by helping you to sweep the trash. You and the world court of opinion can take your ideas about disarmament to the lake and jump in. It should be up to you to sink or swim, but don't hinder my powder fueled boat. B)

• Upvote 1

This was sickening to threaten this guys life and say i should of executed YOU. Honestly this is the way Cops have always been there are some good cops but mostly power hungry egotistical getting back at society cops now. Cops now adays just treat you like crap doent matter what you did or how innocent you are. The thing is now thiss has been going on for years but now its started to surface and expsoe these uniform thugs for the real characters they are. Sadly this will not stop, this cop will get not get fired but get relieved for a while and get a job as a cop in another town unfortunately same ol same ol.

YOU HAVE NO BASIS FOR YOUR CLAIMS. How do you know this to be a true statement that all cops that are fired just shuffle over to another community and get another police officer job? Did it ever occur to you that when they are fired for cause this information is placed in their file? Did you know that if they went to apply at another agency the background investigation would also find this information? Before you start stating information as facts please back up your opinions or stat that it is your opinion that these bad psycho cops that get fired get hired on at other agencies. The truth is that doesnt happen. The state holds the officers certificate and if they are discharged for excessive force they get their standards yanked by the state. How do i know that? im a retired cop and im presently in law school.
  • Upvote 1

YOU HAVE NO BASIS FOR YOUR CLAIMS. How do you know this to be a true statement that all cops that are fired just shuffle over to another community and get another police officer job? Did it ever occur to you that when they are fired for cause this information is placed in their file? Did you know that if they went to apply at another agency the background investigation would also find this information? Before you start stating information as facts please back up your opinions or stat that it is your opinion that these bad psycho cops that get fired get hired on at other agencies. The truth is that doesnt happen. The state holds the officers certificate and if they are discharged for excessive force they get their standards yanked by the state. How do i know that? im a retired cop and im presently in law school.

I forget the case but it was just recently and the cop involved was hired and he was from another State were he was a cop and they did say he had a history of issues from his prevoius employment as a cop. So there are cops that get fired and get hired by other police departments. Maybe it is easier when moving to another State or maybe it was just a rare incedent in this case where this particular police department made a bad choice, I couldn't say. But it did happen and if it happened in this case I'm sure it does happen in others although maybe it is more rare that these things happen.

Heard Ted Nugent once say that the Second Amendment was his right to carry permit. I would like to see him get by a guy like in this video... that would be interesting. I am afraid we have crossed over into a police state long ago. Unmerited road blocks checking for what ever they feel like violating our right to travel. Well... it's not like we weren't warned. Seems it is all leading up to a One World Govt. right before our very eyes and the sad reality is we are seeing our freedoms and liberties evaporate before our very eyes.

I don't mean to be rude to you, but your commentary was rather unfocused. The one thing that is clear is that the first four words invalidated your input. As a "natural born" American descendent of PRE-revolutionary colonial pilgrims: the Second Amendment is relevant. If you think the disarming of Ireland was correct, terrific. I don't care what you do in Ireland, but I'm a gun-totin', religion clinger and plan on it remaining that way.

So, I assume, it is safe to say that it is your opinion that when several of those "15 terrorist cells" go active your unarmed police will naturally engage them with wit and charm... Good for you. Maybe you should also emphasize that we armed Americans need to mind our own business and definitely do NOT need to send a military contingent in to interfere by helping you to sweep the trash. You and the world court of opinion can take your ideas about disarmament to the lake and jump in. It should be up to you to sink or swim, but don't hinder my powder fueled boat. B)

And thank goodness our forefathers were armed so we don t bow to the same crown that the Irish people do.

If people choose not to arm themselves in defense of their own lives and the lives of their loved ones, then that should be their choice, just like it is my choice to carry a weapon, where I am legally allowed to do so, on a daily basis.

Remember, that when you are being attacked by a thief or a rapist, being beaten by a swarm mob, and seconds really count, the cops are just minutes away, assuming you get to complete that 911 call.

Heard Ted Nugent once say that the Second Amendment was his right to carry permit. I would like to see him get by a guy like in this video... that would be interesting. I am afraid we have crossed over into a police state long ago. Unmerited road blocks checking for what ever they feel like violating our right to travel. Well... it's not like we weren't warned. Seems it is all leading up to a One World Govt. right before our very eyes and the sad reality is we are seeing our freedoms and liberties evaporate before our very eyes.

Unfortunately, you are so right.

Flint, you asked a valid question, my place of work and where I was pulled over is less than 2 mins apart. I saw the police lights, almost immediately....or so I thought...but your point is well taken. Don't get me wrong, I was speeding..no if's and or buts...all I'm saying is that when these guys pull you over, they mean business. From now on, if pulled over, I'll go into receive mode...and try, to keep within the posted speed limit in the first place. ^_^