Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"The U.S. Government to Remove Iraq From Chapter VII"

Called Iraqi MP white high Nassif on the government to commit American forces to the implementation of their obligations under the security agreement signed with Iraq in the event of a consensus to extend the survival of these forces. And said in a statement today that Americans are bound according to the security agreement the liberation of Iraq from Chapter VII

And enable him to regain full sovereignty and rehabilitation of its armed forces and make them able to maintain its external borders from any attacks or outside interference. She added that the Iraqi scene today is full implications of which about an enormous, there is a bombing of Iran on the border villages and bypass Iran is to cut the waters of the Lalonde for the province Diyala and exceeded quotas on Turkish Iraq's water, in addition to the issue of port Mubarak as the most serious international crisis, Iraqi

The head of the Iraqi Parliament Osama Najafi that the Iraqi government claim before the international community to make the country an active and stable, progressive and Nujaifi added during the clans of Bani Khalid said that Iraq must be fought after exceeding the first hurdle of sedition and sectarian extinguished strongly, especially since the second hurdle of rejection injustice and corruption continue to pose a challenge, calling on everyone to Altnasser in the fight against injustice and corruption. Najafi explained that Iraq had cut himself on the Covenant before the international community to protect freedoms and human rights and building a modern state .. Stressing that the government and the people are called upon the international community with all that makes this country an active and assistant to the factors of stability, peace and progress in the region and the world.

The MP from the Iraqi bloc white high Nassif Uploaded on her earlier statement to the UN and the U.S. administration the moral and historical responsibility for damage to Iraq because of the injustice of the decision eight hundred and thirty-three, which put Iraq under international trusteeship under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations.

Said Nassif, in a statement that the Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon instead of the equity of Iraq, which tasted the calamity because of the sanctions imposed on it during those lean years we see appeals to Iraq in the quarterly report the implementation of its remaining obligations to Kuwait, which leads to the question whether committed by the Iraqi people to restrict these obligations and bear the brunt of previous policies. She added that the UN resolution in question is a precedent in the history of the United Nations concerning the demarcation of the border between two countries is the decision to surrender to the Iraqi people to impose by force without the advice of representatives of the Iraqi side. And Nassif said that the Kuwaiti side hopes to be the demarcation of the border in this exceptional circumstance as to obtain benefits at the expense of our country in the presence of their friends the Americans as she put it.

http://translate.goo...2Firaq-polotics

I believe after rereading the post that what the Iraqis are doing is making there case for removing the sanctions. It is not being ungrateful, but using their logic and eastern manner of argumentation to justify there position. I they are just stating that they have the ability to protect their borders. Certainly it is overstated and they probably do not have that ability, but they want the UN to see that they are willing to die trying. IMO.

Saddam had a long track record of committing genocide against the Northern Kurds.

Including using gas on them to kill them en masse and draining the marshlands they were using to survive.

If gas is not considered a WMD then I don't know what the hell is.

Hey, dinarslave, I look forward to your future posts because I like to laugh at other people's idiocy.

What's the term young folks use nowadays?

FAIL.

• Upvote 3

Every human life has value, even if actions taken seem violent or ones that you don't agree with. Grief is grief. There are grieving family members on both sides. The problem is there ARE sides. We need unity as a planet. I know that sounds Pollyanna-ish. But it's a fact. Comments aimed at further separation, isolation, singling out people and their "inappropriate" attitudes or actions aren't going to help. There's blame to be had on both sides. Both sides need healing now, not further negativite assignations. There understandably seems to be a lot of frustration over the lack of an RV being expressed through comments such as the negative based comments on this thread/site. Iraq needs to get the formation of their country done properly, so their people can be helped (not just lining our pockets). They'll need every countries help, now and in the future...and our job is to help when needed with grace, dignity and humility, regardless of their perceived attitude(s). To badmouth Iraq and its citizens, including their government, does not support our troops. It belittles the lives given, their role and mission there, and does little to help heal families on both sides of this issue. It's too bad there ARE sides.

• Upvote 2

i have to agree with everyone who opposes dinarslave. sounds like he is a person who does not support our troops. i hope i am wrong. i cannot believe some americans could think like that and i think that if, by some terrible chance that our enemies would penetrate into the U.S.on a long term battle, the non supporters would be the first s.o.b.'s to cry for military help. on a better note, goooo rvvvv. B) semper fi

• Upvote 2

Dinarslave,

interesting viewpoint you have expressed in your FIRST post. I'm sure you didn't throw that opinion out there just to get everyone here all worked up. WINK. WINK. To back up your heartfelt concerns for the people of war torn Iraq, you should pledge all your future profits of this investment to them. Just sayin.

Lets not forget that we physically destroyed that country in the first place on bad intel. Why do you think they owe us gratitude????

That country and the people in it were already destroyed long before we went in there. Because we went in there, they have a chance now to have freedom for themselves and their children, something they hadn't had in 30 years, so it is pretty crappy of them not to feel some sort of gratitude. If we get out of there and leave them to it (which I think is a great idea), then just before we go, we need to drop a bomb with a short fuse on Sadr, that worthless little piece of rat liver!!!!

• Upvote 1

Probably shouldn't respond to this but ......got to. <_<

Our President (then and now) has to make his decisions based on "intel". He has no crystal ball telling him it is bad or good intel. Our President (at the time) made such a call. If he had received different intel his decision would have been different. Second guessing him after the fact is unfair. Have you always made the correct decision or have you discovered that "if you knew then, what you know now, you would have probably done things different".

Irregardless of the above, Iraq's citizens were ruled for years by a demon (there is no question about this, it is proven fact). He murdered his own people in the 100's of thousands, and had 2 grown sons that raped and murdered women on a regular basis. Not only that, Saddam had no qualms about killing his own family members if they disagreed with him.

All of that said, "war is hell" and liberating Iraq from Saddam caused much loss of life (both US and Iraq) but the US has and will continue to do everything possible to restore Iraq and its people to a vibrant democratic country.

Just my :twocents:

God Bless You

Lets not forget that we physically destroyed that country in the first place on bad intel. Why do you think they owe us gratitude????

Are you that much of a moron. Its people like you that got us in this current economic crises by voting for nObama.. its scary to think you can vote. Where we went wrong was rebuilding that pathetic country in the first place. We should have bombed then and left them.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

That is why we need a leader who recognizes the need to bring our troops home and focus on fixing our own problems. Unemployment and homelessness are big issues I want to help eliminate in my lifetime. We need more people to speak up at the polls. If you don't vote, you get what you get. Let other countries do without US involvement for a while.

"The U.S. Government to Remove Iraq From Chapter VII"

And said in a statement today that Americans are bound according to the security agreement the liberation of Iraq from Chapter VII

Not sure I agree with the thread title and the info presented. The US can't remove the sanction by themselves. It will come from the UN and there is a meeting 07/28 to announce whether to extend thru December, or to lift the sanction. Don't know if they could announce lifting prior to the scheduled meeting, but i would think they could.

Dinarslave, we did not destroy Iraq. It was already a cesspool when our troops got there. Take it from someone who lost 2 cousins who volunteered to go to Iraq. I hate war. We have never been nor will we ever be appreciated for our efforts to help other countries gain democracy. Nope, Nope, Nope. However, I have to give it to GW. He took us to war based on "evidence" of wmd and we believed him. So, how will we know when war is really necessary? Is war ever necessary?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There is a little too much hostility towards dinarslave.

Really people?

War is war and it is never pretty. Whatever the shape Iraq was in, was not helped by continued bombing.

No one should have said a thing when Sadam went into Kuwait, it was not a real country anyway. Kuwait is a puppet government that was set up by the British.

It was like you having someone in your home and when you asked them to leave, they called the police and you got arrested.

Have any of you been to Kuwait since Sadam was kicked out? The Kuwaitis do not run it any more, in the caste society, they are right above Phillipinoes and Indians. They 'real' Kuwaitis live in some of the worst neighborhoods in that country.

Back to Iraq. They do not owe us anything!!! Thinking they do is a welfare mentality, just like all the people in America who think that because you have a job, you owe them.

Our country was not built on a 'you owe me' mentality. Stop it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

There is a little too much hostility towards dinarslave.

Really people?

War is war and it is never pretty. Whatever the shape Iraq was in, was not helped by continued bombing.

No one should have said a thing when Sadam went into Kuwait, it was not a real country anyway. Kuwait is a puppet government that was set up by the British.

It was like you having someone in your home and when you asked them to leave, they called the police and you got arrested.

Have any of you been to Kuwait since Sadam was kicked out? The Kuwaitis do not run it any more, in the caste society, they are right above Phillipinoes and Indians. They 'real' Kuwaitis live in some of the worst neighborhoods in that country.

Back to Iraq. They do not owe us anything!!! Thinking they do is a welfare mentality, just like all the people in America who think that because you have a job, you owe them.

Our country was not built on a 'you owe me' mentality. Stop it.

4,474 US Dead, 32,227 American wounded, in Iraq since Mar 2003. Weapons of mass destruction used on folks in Kurdistan, to the tune of over 5000 killed. Women unable to hold any elected offices, vote, have rights, or be treated as a human being. Said Nassif, the person making statements in this article is a woman. In all the countries surrounding Iraq that have islamic style government, can a woman hold elected office? There is no welfare mentality here. It would be welfare if we DID NOTHING and wanted everything from them. What part of gratitude constitutes welfare. I am all for pulling troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan; their politicians are ungrateful, corrupt, and do not care about human life in any way. THEY are the welfare recipients, to the tune of $788,220,151,793, that is our taxpayer dollars. How much is the freedom of speech worth? In Iraq, the 8800 Iraqi's that have died since 2005 fighting for their country in the ISF are not the politicians making the statements. They work with us, and most I have met enjoy us there helping them. The ISF troops understand what is at risk. They have bled right next to our troops in some instances for their country. Your idea on Kuwait is crazy. How many homeowners come into their own house and rape, pillage, and sneak off with their relatives and bury a couple thousand of them in the desert. What do you think Iraq's Chapter 7 is about, it aint just borders my friend. No matter who runs things, no human being deserves an ending like that. So no it is not a "you owe me" anything mentality I am displaying. It is a "hey alot of folks died so you can say what you are saying, how about a thanks and let things run their course" mentality I am displaying. This MP clearly does not know what she is talking about. When we leave those corrupt politicians in Iraq to run things, "who will guard the guards" Kevin. I can guarantee you the Iranians want to. Our country was founded by a minority of folks who stood up and fought for their rights, not by a bunch of hand wringers who would not refresh the tree of liberty because they might destroy something. And definitely not by a bunch of corrupt, greedy, ingratiating, self righteous, pompous bureacrats who dont know the meaning of sacrifice, which as of late seems to describe politicians world wide.

• Upvote 1

This is why we will continue to fall into the same sh*t hole of history because people FAIL TO LEARN FROM IT.

I guess none of you who promote leaving the Iraqi people out to dry Fail to acknowledge/remember or even know that Sadam was placed into power. BY THE UNITED STATES! Just like Kadaffi.

So if anything, our government does owe them a proper rebuild. We are going to stick it out because the US will occupy Iraq.... just like we have Everywhere Else!!!

• Upvote 1

Dinarslave, we did not destroy Iraq. It was already a cesspool when our troops got there. Take it from someone who lost 2 cousins who volunteered to go to Iraq. I hate war. We have never been nor will we ever be appreciated for our efforts to help other countries gain democracy. Nope, Nope, Nope. However, I have to give it to GW. He took us to war based on "evidence" of wmd and we believed him. So, how will we know when war is really necessary? Is war ever necessary?

Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)

Sadly true... rvbjan1, it is for your cousins and the many more like them who lost their lives that the Iraqi people owe their gratitude. Just feel comforted that they have found their final reward for the sacrifices they have made.

God bless.

WMD's were discovered on the outskirts of Baghdad !!! So GWB was correct !! <_<

I believe I read where massive amounts of "Yellow Cake" uranium was found and quickly moved out of Iraq under the radar scope and sold to Canada...

http://www.talkshowamerica.com/2008/07/yellowcake-uranium-wmds-from-iraq-moved.html

"D"

Edited by Zildjian67

They definetly try to bite the hand that feeds them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

definitely

This type of liberal thinking is EXACTLY whats sitting in the WH. IMO< , Saddam had well over 1 month to re-locate WMD's to Siria because we waited, and waited and waited some more for the UN to get into the country and perform inspections. Saddam denied them access. Perhaps GW had his own personal agenda,,,,,, but either way, we needed a presence in the ME, a military strong hold after 9/11.

Iraq is much better off now than they were during that dictators presence.....Dont be so nieve! many lifes were sacrificed to get them where they are today.

GEEEZ!!!,,,,wake up pinky, the world isnt pasted with candy, popcorn and pastels!

naive and not nieve

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

NatMannDU,

Call me crazy if you like. If some one invaded my house, I would do the most abominable things I could think of to them.

The Kuwaitis in charge of Kuwait are not Kuwaiti, they are from Saudi. So how did the Kuwaitis benefit. Short answer, they still have not.

I believe in violence for the sake of its own, the people that are insane are the ones that have to justify why the dropped bombs, why they decimated populations.

If we want to go on the premise that our government acted on bad intel fine. But it is not the fault of the Iraqis. Our government (not our country) is who caused the 4,000+ deaths of military personnel.

I do note that you did not mention the cost of civilians that support our troops directly. Shame.

As to any attrocities that Sadam and Co. committed, the people have to rise up if they want it to stop.

Apartheid did not end in South Africa because of external forces, the people had enough and they rose up.

Same thing in America, our fore fathers would not tolerate the treatment of a tyranical government.

We could go round and round, but here is the truth, America is not the world, it is our home.

Not all of the rest of the world wants to be us and because of our government and typically arrogant attitudes, not all the wold is in love with us.

The only way for anything to work is to understand it...then destroy it. <_<

• Upvote 2

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

you can't truly believe that

We were told it was wmd and that may have been a lie,

but that lie seems to have been told so that Babylon could be

set up. That is what this rv is all about.

The greatest transfer of wealth in the history of the world,

and that can't be for nothing.

But Wait...Playing devils advocate Turn that around for a second and consider this:

You and I are living our lives, going to work everyday, playing with our children or grandchildren, and trying to do the best we can with what we have. Suddenly, bombs start falling from the sky. (Iraq, china, Iran pick which ever) is bombing us because they don't like Obama. But hold up! We don't like Obama, so why did you destroy our houses, our lives, or children, and or grandchildren? Our friends are dead, We have no home, no job, and now we must start from the beginning and try to rebuild our lives. But hey Obama is no longer president so shouldn't we be grateful?

A lot of people will say that we destroyed a lot of their country and there is no denying that. But what they forget is that Sadam was slowly destroying all of the people that occupied the buildings and land. The temporary loss of some of the physical part of the country was a good trade off to get rid of the mass murdering SOB. You can always rebuild but you can't bring the dead back. We saved their whole way of life and their REAL culture by going in like we did. Sadam was changing their culture to suit himself and some of their olds ways would have died with the people that Sadam was trying to eliminate such as the Kurdish. Bottom line.... YES they owe us. Lets get them out of Chapter 7. Lets help them get revalued. Lets cash out. And then lets see if they can actually do something with what they have. This is their chance to start over and remember that it is Iraq, they may blow it in the near future. I spent three years in the Mid East over all this crap. I did my time like a lot of others. I'd like to reap a little reward for my actions and give THEM a chance to do something right for a change. Lets get this thing done so we can watch them make it or break it on their own. Hope I don't sound too sour. Wino Out.