Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A conspiracy perhaps?

Scaramouche

I agree with you JKSA, but WHERE would you make those cuts? Wouldn't it seem logical that if it were feasible, it would have been accomplished by now? The largest expenditures are inarguably in Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security? How do you make those cuts, and how many people are going to stand for it? HUGE mistakes have been made by allowing the deficit to increase both gradually and in large increments. Those mistakes aren't going to be repaired in a period of 4 years. Unfortunately it's much easier for you and I to balance our checkbooks than it is for the U.S. Government - especially now, but there was in fact a budget surplus in 2000.

Cut numerous government programs

Cut the people working in these programs

Eliminate the DOE's (Eduation and Energy) and send block grants to states for education (if money is available)

Cut back regulatory agencies and red tape

Let the economy grow so more taxes are collected

Have the bottom 50% pay their taxes - best way is an excise tax if the income tax is eliminated

Defund/repeal Obamacare...we cannot afford it

Shut down Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac

Federal money coming in must never exceed that which is going out

And that IMHO is the short list...

• Upvote 6

Wow i just cant believe it , we all know Bush bankrupted this country, probably Obama isnt much better , but he inherited this mess , we didnt have to be in two wars , we started two wars for no reason at all .

Junior1, please make a comment after you graduate from grammar school, get informed and educated to give your opinion; learn and comment!, go back to your crib and go to sleep!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Legolas, please ilustrate yourself before you come with this ridiculous analysis, you deserve to be in the same party as "O". I will second Inbedded HorseHead motion of the most ignorant post (person).

Eliminate the labels of Democrat, Republican and Tea Party and watch how much progress can be made when INDIVIDUALS are forced to come up with ideas. ;) .

• Upvote 1

Wow i just cant believe it , we all know Bush bankrupted this country, probably Obama isnt much better , but he inherited this mess , we didnt have to be in two wars , we started two wars for no reason at all .

I wish people would get off the old it's Bush's fault, that is old news, Obama had his opportunity to reverse what mean ole President Bush did, but only made it worse.

Legolas, I agree and thank God for Newt and the Contract with America that got us into the surplus. Why did we have a surplus? Because we balanced our budget. PERIOD.

Medicare and SS were designed to be pre-paid programs. You contribute to the program all your working life, then you draw from the program after retirement. As we all know,

it is not that way. The money that I contribute now is paying for those that are being paid today. Tough decisions must be made. Have you ever owned your own business? The

hardest thing to do is cut back or let someone go, but if you don't, you will not survive. We are in the exact same position as a country right now. IT IS NOT HARD FOR OUR

GOVERNMENT TO BALANCE OUR BUDGET. It just takes hard decisions that may not be popular. The only thing that BOTH parties are concerned about is re-election. You

can't get re-elected by cutting programs. You are going to make a bunch of dependent people very upset. That is why the TEA PARTY people are so important. They don't

care about re-election. They only care about getting our country back on solid financial ground.

• Upvote 3

Legolas, I agree and thank God for Newt and the Contract with America that got us into the surplus. Why did we have a surplus? Because we balanced our budget. PERIOD.

Medicare and SS were designed to be pre-paid programs. You contribute to the program all your working life, then you draw from the program after retirement. As we all know,

it is not that way. The money that I contribute now is paying for those that are being paid today. Tough decisions must be made. Have you ever owned your own business? The

hardest thing to do is cut back or let someone go, but if you don't, you will not survive. We are in the exact same position as a country right now. IT IS NOT HARD FOR OUR

GOVERNMENT TO BALANCE OUR BUDGET. It just takes hard decisions that may not be popular. The only thing that BOTH parties are concerned about is re-election. You

can't get re-elected by cutting programs. You are going to make a bunch of dependent people very upset. That is why the TEA PARTY people are so important. They don't

care about re-election. They only care about getting our country back on solid financial ground.

I agree with much of what you've said, but at this point, fixing the mess is anything but EASY. I also like much of what Ron Paul has to say. Unfortunately, it's unrealistic in this political environment to believe that someone with those ideals would have any chance of being elected. Until the "party" system is eliminated and candidates are forced to run on their individual ideas and demonstrating their accomplishments, we're likely to see little change. Because of the blind Republican vs. Democrat vs. Tea Party images, few can see past the RED and BLUE. It's all about control, ego, and in most cases, what they can get for themselves. Winning a political argument is nearly impossible. However, one argument I'm fairly certain to win is that the RV is not involved in the debt ceiling debate, and Obama is not holding it up. As always, time will tell. :unsure:

• Upvote 2

Junior1, please make a comment after you graduate from grammar school, get informed and educated to give your opinion; learn and comment!, go back to your crib and go to sleep!

Maybe thats the problem , we believe we are so smart that we become pupets of the system . Maybe u should wakeup to reality , it isnt that hard , just pull your head out of your a-s and you will be able to see . Insults from the educated what a joke, we live in a free country where everyone can express themselves, is that educated enough.

• Upvote 1

Rather than calling it ignorant, why don't you CONTRIBUTE to the discussion by providing some evidence which refutes it. I just LOVE when the Kool Aid drinkers come out swinging when anyone says anything they don't want to hear, yet provide no proof to support their attack. Why not say something intelligent, or at least wait 10 days to see if we're all instant millionaires before bashing?

Well said I agree bring facts to the table ... but isn't this also the rumor section, so if its fact am i in the wrong place ... so confused right now

ALL of the interesting conspiracies would be worth considering if there was any evidence that Obama is the one holding up the agreement on the budget deficit and debt ceiling, but if you follow the news, and listen to the debate, it's pretty clear that HE is actually furthest from being the holdup. It's not even a majority of the Republicans, but rather the new freshmen "Tea Party" members of Congress whom are steadfastly refusing to give ground. Obama seems open for nearly ANY resolution, with the exception of the slight increase in taxes on individuals making more than $250,000/year. This amounts to "at the most," $7,500 on those people, and mere "pennies" on multi-millionaires. He also reportedly refuses to cut funding for education, which would seem to be a no-brainer given the fact that our students have now fallen behind virtually every industrialized country in the world.

The Tea Party candidates "talk" a good game, but I've yet to hear them offer SOLUTIONS to the $15 TRILLION Dollar deficit. Money to operate a country has to come from SOMEWHERE, and it would seem that MOST of our leaders understand this. It's only a relatively small group which is obstructionist. Is the Tea Party trying to bring down the U.S. Economy? I kinda doubt it. It would seem more likely that they're trying to make a name for themselves, and they've found a great way to get attention. I'm not a big fan of EITHER party right now, but it seems pretty clear that neither of the big two are as unwilling to negotiate as is the Tea Party.

It's time that some of the very wealthy speak up and state that they'd be willing to pay a little more in taxes to help bring the country out of debt and to raise the educational standards of the U.S. In 8 short years, GWB managed to increased the deficit by 33% - almost 3 times more than any President in U.S. History. George senior was next at 13%. Very few seem to realize theses facts. Google THAT. ;)

Finally, there is ZERO proof that the debt ceiling debate is holding up the RV, or for that matter that our RV even EXISTS for that matter, except in the minds of the gurus and pumpers, and more importantly, in those who have been brainwashed to believe them. I fear that in 10 days or so, the debt issue will finally be resolved, and we'll discover that this was yet ANOTHER in the hundreds of excuses we've heard over the past 5 years for why the RV has not occurred. It would seem likely that the reason all of these Senators and Congressmen have "HEARD" about the Dinar RV is due to the fact that they've received tens of thousands of calls and e-mails regarding it from crazed Dinar investors. Unfortunately, the fact that they're "aware" of it doesn't mean that it's holding up negotiations, or even that it's REAL for that matter. We'll just have to wait and see......as always.

A few interesting articles for the debate:

WASHINGTON POST (need for the stimulus to avert depression) 2009:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/07/AR2009020702159.html

Baker, Krugman, Roubini, 375 Economists Agree: We Need a Massive Economic Stimulus

http://my.firedoglake.com/scarecrow/2008/11/20/375-economists-say-we-need-a-massive-economic-stimulus/

CNN/MONEY: (No conclusive proof , but economy is improving)

http://money.cnn.com/2010/04/26/news/economy/NABE_survey/

USA TODAY: (Results of the stimulus spending)

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2010-08-30-stimulus30_CV_N.htm

• Upvote 1

Great post Legolas!

I agree. It seems most people here don't realize how our country got to where we find ourselves today or that Junior Bush doubled the national debt that Reagan had doubled before him. After President Clinton left Bush with a record budget surplus over 70% of the debt President Obama inherited was run up by Reagan and the Bush boys.

• Upvote 2

What caused our problems is simply politics and greed. The intentional influx of immigrants to hang on the *** of the taxpayers by way of welfare programs and the greed of the global corporations filling the pockets of the politicians. Our problems started almost 100 years ago wtih the establishment of the federal reserve. What is happening is intentional and there are a few things so in your face proof that it blows my mind the people cant see it. For instance diesel fuel which is a by product bieng 50 cents higher than premium fuel. This trickles down to every product that is hauled by a truck to market. You guys can figure out the rest?

Fixing the problem is simple if we can get the career life long politicians out of office. Which is impossible now due to the electronic voting booths which can be hacked and was during the 2004 presidential elections which I bet no one here actually watched the congressional hearings on this matter where the makers of the machine admitted to the offense and POOOF! the stinking government let this offense stand as well as the illigal president at the time.

Research is your friend and if you didnt actually witness it for yourself it must be considered rumor.

May the RV happen!

• Upvote 1

Hey Guys

What is the rumor now surfacing the the dollar will not be here for much longer and that the top zone that umbrellas USA,Canada, Mexico, South america, & those under the umbrella will go to a new currency much like the Euro zone only the currency will be called the "Americo" we have heard this down under seriously.

Cheers Chilli

• Upvote 1

Great post Legolas!

I agree. It seems most people here don't realize how our country got to where we find ourselves today or that Junior Bush doubled the national debt that Reagan had doubled before him. After President Clinton left Bush with a record budget surplus over 70% of the debt President Obama inherited was run up by Reagan and the Bush boys.

Clinton + Republican controlled congress = Balanced Budget

Booming economy balanced budget, not Clinton economic policy - Economy inherited from Reagan & Bush I ...

What caused our problems is simply politics and greed. The intentional influx of immigrants to hang on the *** of the taxpayers by way of welfare programs and the greed of the global corporations filling the pockets of the politicians. Our problems started almost 100 years ago wtih the establishment of the federal reserve. What is happening is intentional and there are a few things so in your face proof that it blows my mind the people cant see it. For instance diesel fuel which is a by product bieng 50 cents higher than premium fuel. This trickles down to every product that is hauled by a truck to market. You guys can figure out the rest?

Fixing the problem is simple if we can get the career life long politicians out of office. Which is impossible now due to the electronic voting booths which can be hacked and was during the 2004 presidential elections which I bet no one here actually watched the congressional hearings on this matter where the makers of the machine admitted to the offense and POOOF! the stinking government let this offense stand as well as the illigal president at the time.

Research is your friend and if you didnt actually witness it for yourself it must be considered rumor.

May the RV happen!

CORRECT Sir/Madam :tiphat:

Rather than calling it ignorant, why don't you CONTRIBUTE to the discussion by providing some evidence which refutes it. I just LOVE when the Kool Aid drinkers come out swinging when anyone says anything they don't want to hear, yet provide no proof to support their attack. Why not say something intelligent, or at least wait 10 days to see if we're all instant millionaires before bashing? Obama is fighting for his political future in this debate. If he were out to destroy the country, wouldn't he be wiser to let the others fight it out, and then come back later and say "I told you so?" His own party is angry with him for making TOO MANY concessions to the opposition, but somehow HE is the bad guy here. People need to wake up and listen to what's actually happening instead of what they WANT to hear. If the RV was truly tied to this debt ceiling battle, would we really be seeing this tense battle over every single issue by both parties when the RV itself would clearly solve the entire problem with money left over. If the U.S. actually holds 4 TRILLION Dinars, a $3 RV and the resulting tax revenues would literally wipe out the national debt overnight, would it not? Even a $1 RV would eliminate all of the problems for the near term. Do we really believe that the rest of the world, equally desperate for an influx of this type of money would stand by quietly while a few U.S. Politicians argue over the U.S. budget. I doubt it.

The debt ceiling will likely prove to be just another in the never-ending stream of excuses for the RV not occurring. Ramadan will be next, just as it's been every year that I've been waiting for the RV.

nice, i agree with you legolas, but screw politics, lets concentrate on this rv!!!!!!! not sure how close we are. i think this will be just another reason to hope its going to happen. we could be into next year before we see this become a reality. i am invested as much as anyone and hoping like hell for it, but i am realistic. there are things that still need to happen imo. they are still working the new currency, you think this sh happens that fast people. and chapter 7, who the f'n hell knows where this is at. get my point????

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If the GCC is able to roll out their currency before the dinar raises in value,. then we shall know!

Legolas,.. What percentage of a population should be permitted to live off from the labor of others? 15%? 25%? currently it is around 41%! You do realize there is a breaking point where it all implodes right? When it does come apart, I suspect that you will still persist in your delusions of utopia while the masses are looting your home.

We have left the Left vs. Right, we are now in an Up vs. Down battle. I would like to know what your thoughts are on how we will look as a Nation with Russian and Chineese "Peace Keepers" come to help us stabilize? Do you think that the UN will protect us? Or, will they be a bankruptcy administrator?

The fuse has been lit and great damage will occur and many will die, the American experiment will not survive the test.

Do you think, really think that we are somehow deserving of this fate?

• Upvote 1

Political arguments are taking us off the track of the original question. IS Obama holding up the RV? IF the U.S. actually holds 4 TRILLION IQD as many claim, wouldn't that and the resultant tax revenue solve the debt crisis, at least for the near term? Only one other person has responded to the important question. Everyone else merely wants to bash Obama (or Bush) and ignore the issue at hand. Anyone who has watched my posts of the past 3 years knows that unlike the copier/pasters of all the cheerleading and "RV tomorrow" posts from the other sites, I don't care much about "+'s" and "-'s" but I AM interested in the RV. So far, I've seen nothing but BS from pumpers and gurus to put forth this argument. Why would EITHER side have reason to delay this RV? There is obviously no new tax legislation in the works which would explain this position, and it would have no hope of passing anyway. To me, it's just another in a long string of distractions/excuses for why the RV hasn't occurred while we wait for the next one.

nice, i agree with you legolas, but screw politics, lets concentrate on this rv!!!!!!! not sure how close we are. i think this will be just another reason to hope its going to happen. we could be into next year before we see this become a reality. i am invested as much as anyone and hoping like hell for it, but i am realistic. there are things that still need to happen imo. they are still working the new currency, you think this sh happens that fast people. and chapter 7, who the f'n hell knows where this is at. get my point????

Thanks Jonald. FINALLY, someone paying attention to the purpose of the thread. Agree, or disagree, but contribute relevance to the discussion.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the very interesting and stimulating debate ... Especially for a non-American like myself who loves the US and its People and wants to keep learning, possibly in an objective way ( Almost impossible... I know... But I try)....

Best to all of you and Good Luck to us......

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If the GCC is able to roll out their currency before the dinar raises in value,. then we shall know!

Legolas,.. What percentage of a population should be permitted to live off from the labor of others? 15%? 25%? currently it is around 41%! You do realize there is a breaking point where it all implodes right? When it does come apart, I suspect that you will still persist in your delusions of utopia while the masses are looting your home.

We have left the Left vs. Right, we are now in an Up vs. Down battle. I would like to know what your thoughts are on how we will look as a Nation with Russian and Chineese "Peace Keepers" come to help us stabilize? Do you think that the UN will protect us? Or, will they be a bankruptcy administrator?

The fuse has been lit and great damage will occur and many will die, the American experiment will not survive the test.

Do you think, really think that we are somehow deserving of this fate?

I think we're still a long way from the "masses looting our homes" scenario, but much closer to seeing our citizens becoming less and less qualified to contribute to an expanding GDP and overall debt reduction." As quality of education continues to decline, THAT risk is far greater. If this continues, our ability to compete will decline even further, and costs to produce domestically will continue to rise. Ultimately, only the elite will have jobs, and THEN you may see your looting of our homes. When the "masses" can no longer afford basic services like housing, food and healthcare, chaos may eventually ensue. The middle class is quickly disappearing.

• Upvote 1

This current Administration is counting on Capitalism & Democracy to fail at the earliest possible time. Their long term goal is a Socialist America. The Socialists are almost the majority or soon will be the majority Both Houses, the Supreme Court appointees, curcuit courts & public schools are now all liberal Socialist contolled.

No shock to anyone, they are all Democrats, every single last one of these jerks.

http://www.nhteapartycoalition.org/tea/2010/08/24/congressman-is-member-of-socialist-party-says-constitution-is-silly-stuff/

• Upvote 2

This current Administration is counting on Capitalism & Democracy to fail at the earliest possible time. Their long term goal is a Socialist America. The Socialists are almost the majority or soon will be the majority Both Houses, the Supreme Court appointees, curcuit courts & public schools are now all liberal Socialist contolled.

No shock to anyone, they are all Democrats, every single last one of these jerks.

http://www.nhteapartycoalition.org/tea/2010/08/24/congressman-is-member-of-socialist-party-says-constitution-is-silly-stuff/

U'd better take a MUCH closer look at the makeup of the current Supreme Court and Congress. :P

• Upvote 1