Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

just in from Okie

kmseeker

hursday, July 21, 2011 12:37 PM

Subject: OKIE - This just in

12:30 PM [toucan] July 21, 2011 Breaking News Alert: Obama and Republican leaders in talks over plan to cut debt by $3 trillion President Obama and House Republican leaders are deep in negotiations over a far-reaching plan to save $3 trillion over the next decade, congressional leaders have been told. Aides said the savings would come through sharp cuts in agency spending and changes to popular health and retirement programs -- but without any immediate increase in taxes. 1:03 PM [OKIE OIL MAN] JUST HAD A TEXT FROM CONGRESSIONAL AIDE THAT EVIDENTALY BOHNER AND OBAMA HAS REACHED A TENATIVE AGREEMENT ON THE DEBT CRISIS AND THE DETAILS WILL BE ANNOUNCED TO THE PUBLIC LATER TODAY

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

hursday, July 21, 2011 12:37 PM

Subject: OKIE - This just in

12:30 PM [toucan] July 21, 2011 Breaking News Alert: Obama and Republican leaders in talks over plan to cut debt by $3 trillion President Obama and House Republican leaders are deep in negotiations over a far-reaching plan to save $3 trillion over the next decade, congressional leaders have been told. Aides said the savings would come through sharp cuts in agency spending and changes to popular health and retirement programs -- but without any immediate increase in taxes. 1:03 PM [OKIE OIL MAN] JUST HAD A TEXT FROM CONGRESSIONAL AIDE THAT EVIDENTALY BOHNER AND OBAMA HAS REACHED A TENATIVE AGREEMENT ON THE DEBT CRISIS AND THE DETAILS WILL BE ANNOUNCED TO THE PUBLIC LATER TODAY

Just heard on the news 30mins ago on Fox News, Boehner tweeted this rumor was false. Boehner states there is no agreement, not even tenative.

Just heard on the news 30mins ago on Fox News, Boehner tweeted this rumor was false. Boehner states there is no agreement, not even tenative.

Boehner, White House Deny Budget Deal

By Steve Goldstein

Published July 21, 2011

| MarketWatch Pulse

Print Email Share Comments

inShare.0 Text Size

WASHINGTON -- House Speaker John Boehner and White House press secretary Jay Carney both quickly shot down a report on The New York Times that a deal has nearly been struck to lift the debt ceiling and cut spending. In a Twitter message, Boehner called it "false" and he said the Senate should pass the Republican "cut, cap and balance" bill, while Carney said the report was "incorrect" and the situation is "fluid."

Copyright © 2011 MarketWatch, Inc.

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/2011/07/21/boehner-white-house-deny-budget-deal/#ixzz1Sm4GN06j

AND ONCE AGAIN .... Okie is proven rrrr ... ahem ... wrrrrr ....er ... wrrrrrrrrrr .... damn it - NOT RIGHT !!!!

Edited by BJinMontreal
  • Upvote 1

Just so you know-

Not raising the debt ceiling is like deciding not to pay your credit cards this month because you want to adhere to a new budget, even though you have the money in your savings.

You already owe the money and in the end...you are going to pay more because of late fees.

That's the nice way to put it.

The thing to do would be to pay your bills this month and THEN figure out how to make next month go how it's supposed to.

Hi kmseeker :)

I will not comment on okie, other than he is a liar.

Regarding the debt ceiling, and the joke of the supposed

stalled talks, is a circus and a side show. It WILL be raised

and raised soon. Pay no attention to the appearance of a struggle,

these politicians only know how to spend, while making it appear

like they actually understand what a budget is.

The following is a quote from Jim Sinclair and is all that needs to be said

regarding this insanity...

"The idea that an increase in the debt ceiling is a solution to anything is nonsense.

The event would be simply a can kick forward for a very short period of time. Increasing

debt is not a solution to a debt problem. It actually makes the problem worse It

is an act of extending your Federal credit card borrowing line so you can use it

to pay your mortgage.

Calling increasing the debt ceiling a solution to a debt problem is too stupid to

be stupid. The unwind is deeply entrenched since the failure of OTC derivatives

in 2008. There has been no meaningful intervention in this economic downward spiral

at the level of the cause. The downward spiral therefore continues unabated.

All downward spirals go to zero unless an intervention takes place at the level

of the cause of the problem in the first place. OTC derivatives are what turned

a four year correction into the greatest economic accident in human history.

OTC derivatives only go one way in size and that is up. Changing the way nominal

value is determined does not solve the problem. All that does is add camouflage

to the problem. It does not solve it."

---

We have a serious problem and please understand, it is not going to go away,

and no Iraqi RV could ever settle the sheer amount of debt we have stacked up

for the last 30 years, and now we finally are seeing the final stages of the fruit of such

selfish and self centered nonsense. Our country has been sold out, and this started many

years ago unfortunately.

All my best! :D

Jim

---

I find it interesting that at the same time Okie claims a congressional staffer contacted him, this was the exact thing reported by the New York Times on their website and then by tweet. So the question is, does he have a staffer he talks to or did he get the report from the NYT and recycle it quickly as his own? My money goes on the latter, haha.

• Upvote 1

Just so you know-

Not raising the debt ceiling is like deciding not to pay your credit cards this month because you want to adhere to a new budget, even though you have the money in your savings.

You already owe the money and in the end...you are going to pay more because of late fees.

That's the nice way to put it.

The thing to do would be to pay your bills this month and THEN figure out how to make next month go how it's supposed to.

Actually that is not quite right in my opinion. I heard a great analogy the other day that explains this well. I'll try to reproduce it below:

This is like myself and my wife negotiating a debt limit amongst ourselves for the next 10 years. Regardless of income, we settle on a limit of 1.3 million dollars. Having decided this, we go to the nearest bank and demand 1.3 million in loans, lines of credit, whatever. The bank balks at this, but we point to the fact that we have come to a debt limit. Unfoirtunately this is a backwards approach to spending. The bank should decide how much they are comfortable lending us based on several factors. We really do not have alot of say in this.

Expanding this, WE, the US, are trying to tell the world, th bank, how much debt we want to carry, as if they have no say so in the matter. Actually that is not quite right. Unfortunately WE don't have alot of say so in it. Someone , Congress and the President, is spending on our behalf with little concern of what we think. So really the above analogy should be that your CPA or Broker decided your debt limit for you and attempted to get you in debt to a large sum without even telling you the details. Regardless, so far the world has gone along with it because it has made them money. Now they are starting to get concerned in their investment and have serious doubts on whether the liquidity is there to continue investing. Regardless of what the debt limit is set to, there will come a point where the worlkd investors say "NO MORE". At that point, we had better have a balanced budget and had better be working on a viable way to pay off the debt, or we are in deep trouble as a nation.

The last time this attempt to form a balanced budget amendment was 1995 and it failed by 1 vote. I feel like this is our last chance to get this before we hit a point of no return, if we are not there already. This is not Boehner vs the president, this is us, the US, against the president! Any deal struck with the president is bad for us, period. There is a way this is supposed to work, congress forms the bill, senate affirms or introduces their own changes that must be reconciled, then the president signs or vetoes. So why is Harry Reid and the President so afraid of the process that they wont let it go forward? Do they think they do not have the votes in the senate, so they are road blocking as much as possible? Is the president afraid that is it actually does pass the senate that this whole thing will be pinned on him if he vetoes, which it should be? Just food for thought!

• Upvote 1

I find it interesting that at the same time Okie claims a congressional staffer contacted him, this was the exact thing reported by the New York Times on their website and then by tweet. So the question is, does he have a staffer he talks to or did he get the report from the NYT and recycle it quickly as his own? My money goes on the latter, haha.

Gonna give you a +1 for creative thinking!!! Now, I know where all the Guru's get their high level intel! I am going to find some congressmen, and senators, and follow their tweets! Now, I am cooking!

Just another thought, if this works on our congressmen & women, I wonder if Shabibbi tweets!

Wow....this Guru stuff is going to be easy! Ooppps....not to offend Easy Rider!! lol

Go RV!!!

:P:P:P

• Upvote 1