Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

FREEDOM OF SPEACH GONE???

I have enjoyed the time I have spent interacting with so many people on this site. I have learned a great deal regarding my investment and have been able to keep up with much new information. My posts and responses have varied from pointed opinion, to humor, and sometimes I have hit a little hard when I believed the occasion called for it, but I don’t believe I have ever stepped over the line.

It seems more than ever there have been newbys coming on with aggressive behavior and all to often a very foul mouth, launching personal attacks against any and all. While I usually ignore such people, there being nothing to be gained from interacting from such idiots, I do from time to time respond with the belief that when they stick their nose out and enough people cut it off, they might actually learn from the experience.

While I’m sure most would agree many of these people who come in the door way over the line should be banned, they seem to be allowed to carry on abusing their ‘freedom of speech’ abuse. Adam has admirably exercised great restraint allowing freedom of speech on his site, and for this I applaud him.

Now suddenly I am receiving personal messages from someone who claims to have just been made a mod telling me when I should and should not post, and TO DO AS I’M TOLD. How dare they, HOW DARE THEY TELL ME WHEN I CAN POST WHILE ALLOWING FOUL MOUTH NEWBYS TO CONTINUE SPEW THEIR GARBAGE (not to mention the over the line pumpers). Frankly, I am VERY disappointed this could be allowed tohappen on this site. Perhaps it is not the site I have grown to believe it is.

I would really like to hear from the rest of you here. Am I overreacting? Is this a form of ‘brain police’? Should this be allowed to happen on DV? I feel it’s very wrong, and would value your input.

• Upvote 14

I have enjoyed the time I have spent interacting with so many people on this site. I have learned a great deal regarding my investment and have been able to keep up with much new information. My posts and responses have varied from pointed opinion, to humor, and sometimes I have hit a little hard when I believed the occasion called for it, but I don’t believe I have ever stepped over the line.

It seems more than ever there have been newbys coming on with aggressive behavior and all to often a very foul mouth, launching personal attacks against any and all. While I usually ignore such people, there being nothing to be gained from interacting from such idiots, I do from time to time respond with the belief that when they stick their nose out and enough people cut it off, they might actually learn from the experience.

While I’m sure most would agree many of these people who come in the door way over the line should be banned, they seem to be allowed to carry on abusing their ‘freedom of speech’ abuse. Adam has admirably exercised great restraint allowing freedom of speech on his site, and for this I applaud him.

Now suddenly I am receiving personal messages from someone who claims to have just been made a mod telling me when I should and should not post, and TO DO AS I’M TOLD. How dare they, HOW DARE THEY TELL ME WHEN I CAN POST WHILE ALLOWING FOUL MOUTH NEWBYS TO CONTINUE SPEW THEIR GARBAGE (not to mention the over the line pumpers). Frankly, I am VERY disappointed this could be allowed tohappen on this site. Perhaps it is not the site I have grown to believe it is.

I would really like to hear from the rest of you here. Am I overreacting? Is this a form of ‘brain police’? Should this be allowed to happen on DV? I feel it’s very wrong, and would value your input.

write down these name of the garbage mouths and if you plan on going to any of the after the RV partys, do some research and find out the real names and match them to the so called names, maybe there might be a chance that some of them will be there then you can take care of business. They can't hide then.

• Upvote 1

I have to agree with you. Although I havent been here that long myself, I was still reading the post for a long time. It does seem lately that some have gotten very aggresive. We are all here to get as much information as possible about an investment with very little intel. Some post a person may not agree with, some a person may find very interesting. Either way the bashing isnt called for. And as long as the topic is about the Dinar (Dinar website) the post should be posted. Bad or good.

wow if a mod or anybody tells you when you should post and when you cant---that tells me its time to go and say see ya--or dont give them the satisfaction and maybe they will go away----think-----everybody has their own op and cane say what the want as long as it does not get out of hand-----post what you want and forget the neg.people----i do

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

wow if a mod or anybody tells you when you should post and when you cant---that tells me its time to go and say see ya--or dont give them the satisfaction and maybe they will go away----think-----everybody has their own op and cane say what the want as long as it does not get out of hand-----post what you want and forget the neg.people----i do

Thank you.

I find that very odd Think...I can't remember ever seeing a post from you that I thought came anywhere near crossing the line...I enjoy your posts and input...I agree with you and have said it before...I also have a lot of respect for Adam and how he runs his site...I hope it continues to be profitable for him and I hope he continues to allow people to debate and speak freely...really I'm just shocked you got a warning before I did.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Think, I would be a little dubious about a supposed new mod telling me how and where to post via personal message. I don't buy it. If I cross any line publicly, or when I see people cross the line, it seems like it gets taken care of in like fashion. I still think this site is the one to go to. Easy enough to take a pm from a new mod to the top and see if this represents a policy change from the site, or if it is just a newbie mod flexing some new found muscle. No worries, imho.

• Upvote 3

REPORT THIS TO ADAM I'M SURE HE IS NOT AWARE OF IT....

• Upvote 4

If it comes to mods establishing their own rules, this place will be no better than PTR or the other lousy sites! DV will be no different in this respect if a few can RULE on their PERSONAL feelings.

This freedom to speak here is why I come here. We used to have a busy body mod here that was a pain in the axx...she is gone. Let's not pick up that spirit again!

I have pretty much been banned from posting at PTR because I DARED TO CRITICIZE OKIE OF ALLTHINGS! I was told to find a new place if I couldn't show more respect! RESPECT FOR A LYING PUMPER? GIVE ME A BREAK. There is no sicker bastidge in the game than Okie! Maybe it is because the PTR "guru's" fit the same mold, but I agree...MODS SHOULD HAVE CLEAR CUT RULES AND LEAVE THEIR PERSONAL FEELINGS AT HOME.

• Upvote 3

On most sites, mods are people that the site gets to do work for them for free. The mods (like hall monitors in school) need the power trip and they feel good about it. The site doesn't have to pay for their efforts. It's win win for both parties.

Think, I would be a little dubious about a supposed new mod telling me how and where to post via personal message. I don't buy it. If I cross any line publicly, or when I see people cross the line, it seems like it gets taken care of in like fashion. I still think this site is the one to go to. Easy enough to take a pm from a new mod to the top and see if this represents a policy change from the site, or if it is just a newbie mod flexing some new found muscle. No worries, imho.

I would agree with Sawmill... new found power can go to some folks heads. If that be the case "smoke em out"... go over their heads and call their bluff. If however "times be a changin"... and this has become or is becoming a police state type site... then I am not sure I want any part of it myself (imo).

Think... I have never seen you cross the line, and I enjoy the exchanges... iron sharpens iron! (though I may have been a pain in your arss a few times!) rolleyes.gif I have seen you do one thing... I have seen you "THINK", there is nothing wrong with asking questions, probing, debating, learning. When that becomes obsolete... then there is only room for the sheeple's and lemmings. I don't want to come across as arrogant, or a know it all at this point... in fact it is just the opposite. I seek after education and truth, the more I learn the more I realize how little I know. If someone can't seek after the answers then what is the point? It isn't easy putting up with hostile newbies, that is one thing. But if being controlled and told what you can and cannot say even though it be within reasonable boundaries... that my friend crosses a line I don't care to cross. Please keep us informed about this situation, for one way or the other... it effects us all. That's my TwoCents.gif, thanks for bringing it up Think. th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Several times you have provided good information and interesting ideas for me to ponder, but I have never read anything especially argumentative or aggressive that you have written. In fact, given your contributions, I consider you to be a true asset to the site. I hope you'll get through this in whatever means works best for you, any means other than leaving. That is not an option. So hang in there!! I am among those who truly want you here.

I have to agree with you. I have been on this site daily for almost two years. During that time the decline in manners and language has been appalling. It seems like we are overrun by 14 year old garbage mouths that think this is a "fun" site. I know that there are many serious adults left on this site that are invested in the dinar and come here to track and monitor the developments of their investment. I say, hang tough, cut through the childishness....our payoff IS coming.

The beauty of the internet is that it is open and accessible to all.....the weakness of the internet is that it is open, accessible, and anonymous to all.

IMO, unless we have been lied to by the CBI, the GOI, and all who post on this site, we must be close to Iraq having an internationally tradable currency, which implies an RD/RV/RI or other such means to get it to that point. In retrospect, after an RV/RI, all this will be forgotten as we rush to our bank of choice to exchange. Meanwhile, suffer the fools and keep your eye on the prize. I will.

Edited by Captjohn

I was the mod in question, here was my PM to him.

Sent 17 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

I just asked everyone not to reply to pennoch3000 who was causing problems, and you turn around and reply trying to provoke this member. Please follow instructions so we can make this site a better place to visit.

Thanks! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Here is the thread:

http://dinarvets.com...post__p__577881

Adam, recently asked me to help moderate the forums, and I guess he didn't realize I am a Moderator:

Read the thread above, you guys decide how this played out.

• Upvote 2

REPORT THIS TO ADAM I'M SURE HE IS NOT AWARE OF IT....

Yes, REPORT THIS TO ADAM!!!

Copy the PM and send it to him, as I don't see ADAM to condone this behavior! Or copy on to the board since, the guy is saying Adam hired him for what he said to u.

Edited by cw2
  • Downvote 1

You put yourself down to their level with the name calling.Relax.ignore the i----s.LOL

I was the mod in question, here was my PM to him.

Here is the thread:

http://dinarvets.com...post__p__577881

Adam, recently asked me to help moderate the forums, and I guess he didn't realize I am a Moderator:

Read the thread above, you guys decide how this played out.

First of all... thank you for being a moderator, I know you must feel like being a referee of sorts with some of these outbursts. I do need to suggest one possibility from a members stand point though. As we scroll down through posts we comment on that one post.... which then "bumps" that post to the end of the line... where your post was just posted. Could it be that Think hadn't got to your post yet to read your warning? If that being the case... and you putting yourself in his place... would it not appear that a mod was jumping on him for no apparent reason especially compared to the harshness of the others post??? Just a thought! Like I said, your job is a lot like being a parent... it can't be easy!!! Take care.

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Markinsa,

I would imagine being a moderator is very time consuming. I just wanted to say thank you for making this site a better place.

I don't believe there was any malice or disregard on your part.

I couldnt agree more with you!! Im sorry maybe im missing something, but it appears we didnt get the "full" or "true" story about what really took place. Thank you Markinsa for giving us the truth and setting the record straight!!

• Upvote 3

THINK,

Markinsa posed a directive to all members, not just you. I agree with him, pennoch3000 is out of line and yes, he has been warned, as well (not sure, but may have been placed under moderator preview, so as not to be able to post without approval). Markinsa just asked that no one respond to this member in order to keep the peace and then your post soon after is enticing this member to come out, again. I understand, completely what Markinsa was trying to do. I never read, what Markinsa wrote to you, as being so authoritative, that he was telling you specifically, what to do and what not to do.

Adam, wishes for the moderators to do less moderating. He wants an open forum for healthy debate and thoughts. Sometimes, the lines of moderating are not so clearly recognizable. Sometimes we fail to act on something that should have been acted upon and sometimes we come down too harshly when maybe we should'nt have. Sometimes it's a timing issue, we didn't get to it soon enough. Either way, we are only human and we are doing our best. Most of us have jobs and can not be here 24/7. If that time ever comes, we would all probably have to resign. Why is it, the minute a mod comes into a thread and asks a simple request of not responding to an obvious beligerant member that he becomes the new target of attack? All of those who are crying foul over this issue are the same ones that cry foul when someone beligerant, obnoxious or just plain stupid goes on a rampage in this forum. If you want us to help, then help us, by not provoking anymore stupidity!

THINK....think a little bit

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

First of all... thank you for being a moderator, I know you must feel like being a referee of sorts with some of these outbursts. I do need to suggest one possibility from a members stand point though. As we scroll down through posts we comment on that one post.... which then "bumps" that post to the end of the line... where your post was just posted. Could it be that Think hadn't got to your post yet to read your warning? If that being the case... and you putting yourself in his place... would it not appear that a mod was jumping on him for no apparent reason especially compared to the harshness of the others post??? Just a thought! Like I said, your job is a lot like being a parent... it can't be easy!!! Take care.

It may be possible if he is slow on the keyboard or was distracted by something else. I posted at 5:19 PM and he posted at 5:32 PM. (12 minutes)

But the more likely senario is that he didn't agree with what I said, and didn't realize I was a moderator and just had to post. Like two kids fighting in the back seat, you tell them to stop, and you always have one trying to get the last word. tongue.gif

It shouldn't matter who I am or who you are, if what we say makes sense and will make this Forum better, why not follow good advice??? Some people just can't handle the fact that they may be wrong. If I'm wrong here, I surely do apologize.

-

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It may be possible if he is slow on the keyboard or was distracted by something else. I posted at 5:19 PM and he posted at 5:32 PM. (12 minutes)

But the more likely senario is that he didn't agree with what I said, and didn't realize I was a moderator and just had to post. Like two kids fighting in the back seat, you tell them to stop, and you always have one trying to get the last word. tongue.gif

It shouldn't matter who I am or who you are, if what we say makes sense and will make this Forum better, why not follow good advice??? Some people just can't handle the fact that they may be wrong. If I'm wrong here, I surely do apologize.

No argument there... but I am not quite following you... did you PM him before he posted? Or did you just write a general post that he could have missed if he didn't read all the posts first before responding? (do you see my point?) I seldom read all the post's before I reply to someone, I usually read until something jumps out and then I reply to that not knowing what others have said. If that be the case it may be possibly much to do about nothing... imo. Thanks again! smile.gif

• Upvote 2

THINK,

Markinsa posed a directive to all members, not just you. I agree with him, pennoch3000 is out of line and yes, he has been warned, as well (not sure, but may have been placed under moderator preview, so as not to be able to post without approval). Markinsa just asked that no one respond to this member in order to keep the peace and then your post soon after is enticing this member to come out, again. I understand, completely what Markinsa was trying to do. I never read, what Markinsa wrote to you, as being so authoritative, that he was telling you specifically, what to do and what not to do.

Adam, wishes for the moderators to do less moderating. He wants an open forum for healthy debate and thoughts. Sometimes, the lines of moderating are not so clearly recognizable. Sometimes we fail to act on something that should have been acted upon and sometimes we come down too harshly when maybe we should'nt have. Sometimes it's a timing issue, we didn't get to it soon enough. Either way, we are only human and we are doing our best. Most of us have jobs and can not be here 24/7. If that time ever comes, we would all probably have to resign. Why is it, the minute a mod comes into a thread and asks a simple request of not responding to an obvious beligerant member that he becomes the new target of attack? All of those who are crying foul over this issue are the same ones that cry foul when someone beligerant, obnoxious or just plain stupid goes on a rampage in this forum. If you want us to help, then help us, by not provoking anymore stupidity!

THINK....think a little bit

Well said Dogmatic1 th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

I don't see anything wrong with what Markinsa posted!!

I do it all the time by stepping into a thread and asking EVERYONE to PLAY NICE!!!!

It's funny to me that everyone complains when we don't moderate enough and then they complain when we do moderate a thread!!wacko.gif

Mods, we must remember that we can't make 1000's of people happy at the same time!!

We just stick to what Adam instructs us to do and how he wants this site run and leave it at that!!

• Upvote 4