Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sonny1 afternoon drive by 7/19/11

kcw

what does this 2 year old chat have to do with today?

i have been wrong as much as anyone, ive never denied that. i know you idiots at the new site (not all idiots, ban-g, scooter, riley, Scooby Doo are cool) are trying to make me look bad, and bane i will respond. (if you think i am full of shittt then stop looking at my profile every 3 hours to see if i am on,,,,kinda stalkerish) so you can take 2 messages back to your new site.....first of all i have 2 mods there that tell me everything..moles of sorts..........and secondly........kiss my a$$ if your going to hate, i try to help people.......dumba$$es........pathetic

• Upvote 16
  • Downvote 1

jmw, i would love to debate you, but dealing with all the negative people all the time is real stale, why do you guys waste all your time on here if you think it wont happen, thats okie'ish dont you think? and yes iraq will make trillions off of this rv. all you guys ever say is turkey,turkey,turkey.......turkey was a disaster.......

You are correct, we do keep using Turkey as an example when explaining what these "delete the zeros" articles are saying simply because thats exactly what they keep saying they are using as a template for what they are planning.....we arent just pulling it out of thin air and you know that.....

Where is this Turkey was a disaster coming from? You arent the only one stating this but as I asked before what did you read that gave you this idea? They got inflation under control after the years of hyperinflation, they "removed the zeros", they placed the new value very close to being on par with the USD, and they have held inflation stable since.....its been around 10% since they RD....that seems like a successful RD....unless you have found some info that is talking about another aspect that they ran into trouble with but as far as a RD goes, it seems it did them well.....

Even if there were a couple mistakes along the way, the end result has been positive, and Im sure anything that coulda been handled better Shabs is on it, which is why they state using Turkey to learn from with the process they have been planning....

I hope none of it gets through parliment and is passed of course, Id much rather this drag on for longer if they can slowly and gradually raise the value of the dinar without RD....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Probably as much, or as little as a chat claiming similar does today.

It is not my postion to make policy, sway decisions, or even try to tell someone what to do.

All I can do, as one person to another, is to beg you to understand that there are many folks that hang on your every word, and really depend on you for information.

There are folks here that may make decisions, based on the info you bring; decisions that may not be best for their particular financial situation.

I hope it hits big, and they never have to want for anything, ever, again.

I guess this will be my swan song. I have let it get emotional. It is not for me to tell anyone what to do, or say. So, I will ask, I will implore, I will beg..... Please be aware of your surroundings and the weight your word carries.

Everyone depends on you. Keep it real, and maybe throw a caution flag out on what you are unsure of.

I won't be bothering you, questioning you or making suggestions to you again.

I wish you, the DV community and all Dinarians well.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

You are correct, we do keep using Turkey as an example when explaining what these "delete the zeros" articles are saying simply because thats exactly what they keep saying they are using as a template for what they are planning.....we arent just pulling it out of thin air and you know that.....

Where is this Turkey was a disaster coming from? You arent the only one stating this but as I asked before what did you read that gave you this idea? They got inflation under control after the years of hyperinflation, they "removed the zeros", they placed the new value very close to being on par with the USD, and they have held inflation stable since.....its been around 10% since they RD....that seems like a successful RD....unless you have found some info that is talking about another aspect that they ran into trouble with but as far as a RD goes, it seems it did them well.....

Even if there were a couple mistakes along the way, the end result has been positive, and Im sure anything that coulda been handled better Shabs is on it, which is why they state using Turkey to learn from with the process they have been planning....

I hope none of it gets through parliment and is passed of course, Id much rather this drag on for longer if they can slowly and gradually raise the value of the dinar without RD....

Turkey messed up the initial rd the imf had to save there tail

I never understood why Iraq would use them as an example.they should of used old Germany or Brazil

Your one of the smartest people I have seen during this you should know iraq cant escape without rv'ing if even at a dime

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

sonny1 thanks for the post

Dallite thanks for being so detailed in your info

Both of you do such an amazing job with bring pertinate information to Dinar Vets

so we the people can think for ourselves, it takes more than one person to get all of the info that we need.

I for one thank both of you for your efforts,and all that you do!!

Thank You

GLTA

Bob

• Upvote 1

Keep, did you not respond in another post that you thought there would be an RD quickly followed by an RV or are you saying that Iraq will RD only?

Sonny1,

Just ignore these guys. They are just a bunch of bummers. They take shots at me when I criticize them, but who cares. Most everybody has a firm belief now on where this thing is going. Their ideas are mute now. They mean nothing!

People, if you believe in a lop, that's your prerogative. Go ahead and believe it. I don't, and I really don't care what the lopsters think! You'd have done a lot better investing your money in mutual funds.

I know you lopsters are in a way trying to protect people from themselves. It won't work. Throughout history it never has and it never will (gold-rush, pyramid scams, penny stocks, lotteries, gambling, etc, etc. etc.) I really don't care if financially shaky people squander their hard earned money on dinar anymore.

Just look at them line up at the mall to buy the next big lottery ticket. They'll spend every cent they have and loose. But next week they're right back at it spending every nickel they own. Yes it's sad but it's their money. They can do what ever the hell they want with it. They don't need all you negative trolls to be their big brother! It's sort of creepy!

sonny1 thanks for the post

Dallite thanks for being so detailed in your info

Both of you do such an amazing job with bring pertinate information to Dinar Vets

so we the people can think for ourselves, it takes more than one person to get all of the info that we need.

I for one thank both of you for your efforts,and all that you do!!

Thank You

GLTA

Bob

Spoken like a true fence sitting liberal. Their two thoughts have absolutely nothing in common!

One believes we will have wealth, the other thinks this investment is a waste of time. What gives? :blink:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sonny1 is just one of a very few that I listen to in formulating an opinion as to where we stand. He makes intelligent observations, and surprisingly has been steadfast in all of the bashing that has come his way. He may not always be right, as nobody can claim that status, but he brings good discussion and intellectual stimulation to me personally, and I have always appreciated his no-nonsense approach to this investment. UR

• Upvote 8

Tfk sorry you can't see the talent in both individuals

Both have vested interested in the Dinar, i have read many of both of their posts

I for one am able to see both sided of the coin, and make my own mind up

I don't drink the koolaid just a realist.

GO RV

GLTA

Bob

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Keep, did you not respond in another post that you thought there would be an RD quickly followed by an RV or are you saying that Iraq will RD only?

IF and thats IF they decide to RD, it WILL be followed by a RV.....Im not saying that they will for sure do one or the other because anything is still possible.....but normally when countries RD, they raise the value of their currency afterwards.....at least thats usually one of the goals is to strengthen the currency.....but just a straight RD would do nothing for them but put them in a worse position....

Spoken like a true fence sitting liberal. Their two thoughts have absolutely nothing in common!

One believes we will have wealth, the other thinks this investment is a waste of time. What gives? :blink:

There you go again assuming what you think is true......if anyone thought this really was a waste of time, they wouldnt be here....please please please use some common sense....it will do you some good and wont make your comments look silly.......

If you actually took the time to have a conversation with Dalite, you would have a better understanding.......

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The 'new site' started in January. The guy you responded to has little to do with it. It was started by people who were banned from PD. When the mods were banned here at DV they found a new home there. It's that simple.

The mods were banned here? The mods posted a resignation letter and then systematically tried to get members to leave DV and join them at their new address. It was obviously a well thought out mutiny. No matter the reason for their departure, the way they did it was wrong. Posting the new site on every thread they could, as well as on members walls, was dirty. It's ok to leave a site, if that is what you decide to do, but to try to sabotage Adam and DV on the way out just proved how little class they had.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

The mods were banned here? The mods posted a resignation letter and then systematically tried to get members to leave DV and join them at their new address. It was obviously a well thought out mutiny. No matter the reason for their departure, the way they did it was wrong. Posting the new site on every thread they could, as well as on members walls, was dirty. It's ok to leave a site, if that is what you decide to do, but to try to sabotage Adam and DV on the way out just proved how little class they had.

LOL Im not really gonna go deep into it but it was NOT some orchestrated mutiny to try and turn everyone against Adam and DV.....or to steal members away LOL

i have been wrong as much as anyone, ive never denied that. i know you idiots at the new site (not all idiots, ban-g, scooter, riley, Scooby Doo are cool) are trying to make me look bad, and bane i will respond. (if you think i am full of shittt then stop looking at my profile every 3 hours to see if i am on,,,,kinda stalkerish) so you can take 2 messages back to your new site.....first of all i have 2 mods there that tell me everything..moles of sorts..........and secondly........kiss my a$ if your going to hate, i try to help people.......dumba$es........pathetic

Jesus H. I have to agree. So someone made a prediction in '09 and now you're going to pull that out? That's retarded.

This site is turning in to a toilet bowl...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

first of all, i said financial restrictions not all of chapter 7. dont mis-quote me, and for kuwait, when a currency loses value and then shoots back up to a higher value, thats called revaluing, if you call it a ri so be it. someone made a ton of money off of it.

jmw, i would love to debate you, but dealing with all the negative people all the time is real stale, why do you guys waste all your time on here if you think it wont happen, thats okie'ish dont you think? and yes iraq will make trillions off of this rv. all you guys ever say is turkey,turkey,turkey.......turkey was a disaster.......

I just wanna know why the recent article says turkey was successful in lopping there currency but yourself and bondlady say it was a disaster and the imf bailed them out?........honestly does anybody understand what im getting at? The key word being SUCCESSFUL.

Jesus H. I have to agree. So someone made a prediction in '09 and now you're going to pull that out? That's retarded.

This site is turning in to a toilet bowl...

the site is not turning into a toilet bowl----its just not being flushed enough to get rid of the sh---------

• Upvote 5

I'm not sure why I'm tagged as "negative" if I don't agree with your comments....I have not attacked you or called you out if your "guarantee of a RV" doesn't come true, as others have...I only want to find out your reasoning is....if you say something that isn't accurate and I can prove to you that it isn't why is that a bad thing?...You say Turkey f'ed up their re-denomination....yet Hopefultxn posted great links showing how successful it was...show me how they f'ed it up...I have known you for many years as you have been very involved in this site and others...I'm pretty sure you know what happened in Kuwait and if you don't...wow...just not sure why you wouldn't tell someone that asked you a direct question about it...what actually happened.

You say that Iraq will make trillions off of this RV...okay...how?...who is going to give them these trillions?

Sorry if I don't just take your word for it...I'm not very good at doing that...

As far as wasting my time here...I'm trying to better understand what will happen...thought that was the point of this site...it still amazes me that Adam allows free and open debate here....very few dinar sites will do that...I have a lot of respect for that.

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure why I'm tagged as "negative" if I don't agree with your comments....I have not attacked you or called you out if your "guarantee of a RV" doesn't come true, as others have...I only want to find out your reasoning is....if you say something that isn't accurate and I can prove to you that it isn't why is that a bad thing?...You say Turkey f'ed up their re-denomination....yet Hopefultxn posted great links showing how successful it was...show me how they f'ed it up...I have known you for many years as you have been very involved in this site and others...I'm pretty sure you know what happened in Kuwait and if you don't...wow...just not sure why you wouldn't tell someone that asked you a direct question about it...what actually happened.

You say that Iraq will make trillions off of this RV...okay...how?...who is going to give them these trillions?

Sorry if I don't just take your word for it...I'm not very good at doing that...

As far as wasting my time here...I'm trying to better understand what will happen...thought that was the point of this site...it still amazes me that Adam allows free and open debate here....very few dinar sites will do that...I have a lot of respect for that.

I'm afraid I have to agree with JMW on this one. I've always backed Sonny in the past - mostly his having earned the right to post without being criticized. BUT, in recent times he's made statements without explanation and seems to be avoiding the specific pertinent questions, expecting that everyone will simply accept his claims without question. That's more than a little unfair under the circumstances. The statement that Iraq will make TRILLIONS from a straight RV is intriguing to me, when their own records indicate at least 27 Trillion Dinars in circulation, and an M2 of 59 Trillion. I'd REALLY like to hear a detailed explanation of how they "make" money from a $1 straight RV, because I honestly don't understand how that can happen. Also, the HCL has been given for several years now as one of MANY reasons for RV holdup. It seems that it is finally ready for voting by Parliament, but I'm a bit troubled by the fact that they've argued for 2 years that it won't happen without a new census being completed, and they don't appear to be even CLOSE to doing that. Hopefully they'll pass it anyway, but that seems very "unIraqi-like." I haven't seen the details. :unsure:

Edited by Legolas
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i have been wrong as much as anyone, ive never denied that. i know you idiots at the new site (not all idiots, ban-g, scooter, riley, Scooby Doo are cool) are trying to make me look bad, and bane i will respond. (if you think i am full of shittt then stop looking at my profile every 3 hours to see if i am on,,,,kinda stalkerish) so you can take 2 messages back to your new site.....first of all i have 2 mods there that tell me everything..moles of sorts..........and secondly........kiss my a$$ if your going to hate, i try to help people.......dumba$$es........pathetic

Thanks for ur efforts. I agree no one is made to read or believe others opinions. People can always ignore specific posts,why stir the pot...........................oh thats right they're trying to help others..................cry me a frickin river..............................................GO RV 2011 BABY!!!!!!!

Sir Keep,with all due respect (and u know i mean that) imo I believe that u believe that the final outcome of this will be an RD and thats ok. The reason I say this is the passion u put into your responses when discussing it. I don't see the same passion when discussing a possible RV. If I'm wrong my bad........................................................GO RV 2011 BABY!!!

I'm afraid I have to agree with JMW on this one. I've always backed Sonny in the past - mostly his having earned the right to post without being criticized. BUT, in recent times he's made statements without explanation and seems to be avoiding the specific pertinent questions, expecting that everyone will simply accept his claims without question. That's more than a little unfair under the circumstances. The statement that Iraq will make TRILLIONS from a straight RV is intriguing to me, when their own records indicate at least 27 Trillion Dinars in circulation, and an M2 of 59 Trillion. I'd REALLY like to hear a detailed explanation of how they "make" money from a $1 straight RV, because I honestly don't understand how that can happen. Also, the HCL has been given for several years now as one of MANY reasons for RV holdup. It seems that it is finally ready for voting by Parliament, but I'm a bit troubled by the fact that they've argued for 2 years that it won't happen without a new census being completed, and they don't appear to be even CLOSE to doing that. Hopefully they'll pass it anyway, but that seems very "unIraqi-like." I haven't seen the details. :unsure:

I agree that the HCL without census concerns me, especially in reagrds to the investment moving along, regardless of which camp you reside in (RV or RD/LOP). Another item that may be of future concern or hold-up is the metering of the oil wells. At one point this was to be finished in 2009, then 2010 and now I don't hear anything about it. How can things that used to be addressed as big issues eventually be forgotten. Hopefully these issues will not slow the timetable down, because we all can debate how Iraq will handle it's currency and the currency's value forever but we will not know the outcome until the all important date, rate and procedure are actually released.

• Upvote 2

it sure does seem sonny doesent like people confronting his opinions......i personally think hes a pumper with a ego and i only read his chat for entertainment only..........scooter and doc are the only ones i give credit to and enjoy reading what they have to say.........

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I agree that the HCL without census concerns me, especially in reagrds to the investment moving along, regardless of which camp you reside in (RV or RD/LOP). Another item that may be of future concern or hold-up is the metering of the oil wells. At one point this was to be finished in 2009, then 2010 and now I don't hear anything about it. How can things that used to be addressed as big issues eventually be forgotten. Hopefully these issues will not slow the timetable down, because we all can debate how Iraq will handle it's currency and the currency's value forever but we will not know the outcome until the all important date, rate and procedure are actually released.

"we all can debate how iraq will handle it's currency and the currency's value forever but we will not know the outcome until the all important date,rate and procedure are actually released" - Nicely said. For some here imo it's about ego and has become personal,not good in any business transaction..............................................GO RV 2011 BABY!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Team mates.. please don't get upset with me.. BUT.. why is everybody "pinning" their hopes on an RV as soon as the HCL law is passed and as soon as the GOI is completed? Honestly.. I have not found one article that even insinuates an RV after these two "guru rumors" or "inter net rumors" are complete.

I hope I am wrong...but has anybody else considered this? Is there any proof? Again.. if it's just an opinion...that is fine.

Just for the beauty of free speech.. based on Shabibbi and remarks he has made.. I have fallen into the RD them RV camp.

As stated before... I think the international community will make Iraq earn their status and earn the increase in the value of the dinar.

I am looking for Iraq to prove it by drastically dropping their national unemployment rate..(Kuwait is apprx. 3%!)

Continuing to increase oil and gas production, imports, exports, agriculture, stable and safe environment for foreign nationals, etc. etc.

I like this investment.. I just don't see an overnight revalue to anything near the Kuwait dinar....until Iraq is comparable to Kuwait

I like reading all the opinions and I enjoy being encouraged to think differently and investigate other economic ideas and logic.

Thanks to all who post and offer intelligent discussion.

Tom

• Upvote 2