Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

De La Rue Machines..

deuce deuce

So I've been following this whole dinar rv/dv/rd/lop/suv/lmnop thing for a few months.. Please excuse my ignorance, because I'm very new to this and I'm sure everyone is way more 'seasoned' on the subject than i- but an idea popped in my head. By targeting the banks who would be doing the cash-out if a revaluation took place, would it make sense to call and ask if they had a De La Rue machine with the "intention" of bringing our Dinar in to confirm authenticity? Or do some banks have De La Rue machines that authenticate Iraqi Dinar already? Will they 'suddenly' overnight these machines right before a revaluation, or what? Again, excuse my ignorance and this may be a very silly idea but I thought I'd ask the seasoned speculator vets..

Even if you find a bank that has one, whether for the purposes of recently acquiring it for use to verify the legitimacy of foreign currency (specifically Iraqi Dinar) in the case of a major revaluation where a large number of people will be coming in to "cash-in", or for the purposes of regular use, you will likely never get a bank to admit the former, and the latter will do no more than prove the bank is on top of the options for servicing customers who utilize foreign currencies for various purposes...

Basically, even if you target banks that have the machines in an effort to find out if they have them primarily because an RV is around the corner, you're probably not going to get that direct confirmation, like, Mr. Bank manager walks up to you while you're admiring the machine and says "She's a beauty, eh? Gonna look beaten down and ragged after all those dinarholics stampede through here and use her like a 5th avenue hooker on meth." Also, I highly doubt a bank manager would ever say that, but who knows... Ah shucks, just for the F of it...

Just sayin'...

• Upvote 3

Right first off .... there is no point targeting banks ...... It makes no sense there not gonna tell you very much. ........ and if you call enough of them your name is probably gonna pop up on some agency's database !! think before you act !!

secondly the De la Rue mahine is basically a counting machine with a black light ....... any bank teller could do the same job with a hand held black light it just might take a bit longer.

the UV square on the bills is the only thing the machine looks for on Iraqi dinar other than the size of the note........ it's not a complicated piece of equipment ....... they have been around for years, some still in operation are probably older than me.

anyway it makes no difference to me every bank in the UK & Ireland have multiples of these machines, It's common practice for the machine to count and check all notes in any transaction ..... ( pounds , euro , dollars , yen , dong , dinar) ...... it cuts out the human error factor.

anyway chill out ..... when it happens you'll have plenty of time to find somewhere you like weather for a better rate or even just better service, dont base your decision on weather they have a counting machine lol ..... dont go running to the first bank you see when this takes off.

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 2

I'm pretty sorted on the cash out front too ..... my mother is going to do it for me lol ..... she's a bank manager, staff in her bank dont get charged commission on foregin currency transactions and they aslo get a better rate I cant wait to see what it is, and she should be able to get a better rate than the rest of the staff.

• Upvote 2

So I've been following this whole dinar rv/dv/rd/lop/suv/lmnop thing for a few months.. Please excuse my ignorance, because I'm very new to this and I'm sure everyone is way more 'seasoned' on the subject than i- but an idea popped in my head. By targeting the banks who would be doing the cash-out if a revaluation took place, would it make sense to call and ask if they had a De La Rue machine with the "intention" of bringing our Dinar in to confirm authenticity? Or do some banks have De La Rue machines that authenticate Iraqi Dinar already? Will they 'suddenly' overnight these machines right before a revaluation, or what? Again, excuse my ignorance and this may be a very silly idea but I thought I'd ask the seasoned speculator vets..

I talk to two banks where I live Regions Bank & Trustmark Bank. Neither of them said they needed the De La Rue Machine to confirm authenticity... I was told as long and the currency has rv'd and they had the ok to exchange it the bank would provide them a image to compare the security features on the notes they don't need the machine to do that. No proof of purchase need as well but you do have to open a account with them in order to exchange if you don't already have a account.

No sure about other banks, but this is the information I received... hope it helps.

Edited by PositiveThinker
  • Upvote 1

Read this: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18952-stop-relying-on-your-certificate-and-de-la-rue-machines/ and you'll know more than your banker.

Banks have centralized hubs ... South Florida's is in Orlando I believe ... I'm told that you would receive an "unconfirmed" digital deposit until the IQD has been shipped there and confirmed to be authentic.

Ask yourself though ... 1) if not ... do they return them to you 2) how would you know what yours look like from the next guys 3) are you at peace with "unconfirmed" part 4) shouldn't you scan the serial numbers in case "push comes to shove"

Due diligence: 1) authentication 2) preparation

Peace

Doc31

• Upvote 1

Hey Doc --great post , I am not a pumper --buying or selling but it is the best reason to have VIP /Platnium--Adam has already set up with banks who will have if they don't already have the dela rue machines---you might have to take a drive to get to one but when the RV happens what is just a couple of tanks of gas , an overnight stay in a hotel to get instant confirmation that your dinars are real, and they will have never left your posecessionm and deposited right into your account---NO Brainer for me!--just wish I could go offshore , set up the US corp--but if I can't afford more dinars then I can't afford that one more step and it is looking better and better by the day--who knows what our elected officials are going to come up with relieve us the stress of having to make the most of our investment and our patriotism

Time will tell

scary

capt cliff

I'm pretty sorted on the cash out front too ..... my mother is going to do it for me lol ..... she's a bank manager, staff in her bank dont get charged commission on foregin currency transactions and they aslo get a better rate I cant wait to see what it is, and she should be able to get a better rate than the rest of the staff.

Aren't you my long, long, lost brother??? Could "our mother" cash in my dinar too please??? rolleyes.gifwink.gif

Ask yourself though ... 1) if not ... do they return them to you 2) how would you know what yours look like from the next guys 3) are you at peace with "unconfirmed" part 4) shouldn't you scan the serial numbers in case "push comes to shove"

Due diligence: 1) authentication 2) preparation

Peace

Doc31

Every now and then Doc31 pops in and then we know things are ok in dinar world. Thanks Doc... how's it hangin? biggrin.gif