Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Another Bank Rumor???

3amigos

Ok I'm a noob in this investment but I have spent way too much time recently researching and reading all the posts I can...the good the bad and the ugly;) I have read a number of bank rumors and I don't know what to believe but I tend to trust someone until they give me a reason not to. I am a romantic/optimistic person at heart. I won't fully believe an RV rate until I see it but I have to share with you my personal experience. I bank with 5/3 Bank. Three days ago I called my local bank in a northern city/suburb of Indianapolis, IN. I asked the person on the phone if they had any investment advisors (I was playing dumb as I know they have financial advisors) at the local branch. She immediately responded with, "Is this concerning the Iraqi Dinar?" I said well yes it is. I was a bit surprised that she even mentioned the Dinar. I then asked her if she knew what the rate was and she looked it up and it was the same as it has been for quite some time. She then said, "You know that it is going to increase in value very soon" and I said with confidence, well yes I knew that:) I again was a bit shocked because every bank person I've talked to gives the same pad answer of, "Sorry we aren't dealing with the Iraqi Dinar right now" or they just have no clue to what I'm talking about. I'm sure you will bash me for not telling which bank exactly or for giving names but I really don't want to get anyone in trouble, so bash away:)

But wait my story gets better...I ended up talking to the bank manager, who will remain nameless, no one needs to get fired over this. I asked him to call me if anything changes with the Dinar and he said he would be glad to take care of me. Well guess what...the bank manager called me today at 5:36 PM after hours and not on a work phone, weird I know but true. He said, "I can't say much but come in on Monday and bring your Dinar with you and we can take care of you." He said, "I can't say anymore because I don't want to get fired." I kid you not. I'm a bit freaked out but I'm going in on Monday and we shall see what we shall see:)

To play devil's advocate here, maybe my bank manager is a fan of the Dinar just like me and he just wants to chat/speculate about all the money I will invest with his bank...OR JUST MAYBE Monday all our dreams will come true and we will finally have an RV!!! I don't know if it will happen, I'm not predicting it will happen and I don't have a clue to what the rate might be. I'm just sharing my personal experience. Take it or leave it but I felt like I should at least share it with you all. God bless and Go RV!!!!!!!!:)

• Upvote 19
  • Downvote 5

If the RV doesn't happen by Monday I will at least share my experience at my bank. If it does happen by then, well we will all be busy cashing in:)

look forward to your report if the RV doesnt happen :) and ditto on the busy thing :)

• Upvote 1

hmmm what city? I live in Kokomo

Very cool...in the grand scheme of things we are practically neighbors....but I really don't want to get anyone in trouble. So as I just posted I will share my experience on Monday if it doesn't RV. Plus there are only so many 5/3 banks in in the Northern Indianapolis area. Feel free to call one and let me know what kind of response you get.

• Upvote 1

You gotta love hearing stories like this! It just sucks that they come out every Friday. Not bashing the writer or the post, just wishing one of these bank stories would come true someday. Baby needs a new pair of shoes!!! Oh and a college fund.

You gotta love hearing stories like this! It just sucks that they come out every Friday. Not bashing the writer or the post, just wishing one of these bank stories would come true someday. Baby needs a new pair of shoes!!! Oh and a college fund.

Well all I can say, is that my story is true I just don't know how it will end....I feel your frustration and I probably would have a hard time believing my story if I was in your shoes but I can't deny what just happened.

• Upvote 2

Well all I can say, is that my story is true I just don't know how it will end....I feel your frustration and I probably would have a hard time believing my story if I was in your shoes but I can't deny what just happened.

Let's just hope the bank manager wasn't sitting at the bar after work working on his 10th glass of Scotch when he called you!!! Please GOD make it true!!!!

• Upvote 2

Ok I'm a noob in this investment but I have spent way too much time recently researching and reading all the posts I can...the good the bad and the ugly;) I have read a number of bank rumors and I don't know what to believe but I tend to trust someone until they give me a reason not to. I am a romantic/optimistic person at heart. I won't fully believe an RV rate until I see it but I have to share with you my personal experience. I bank with 5/3 Bank. Three days ago I called my local bank in a northern city/suburb of Indianapolis, IN. I asked the person on the phone if they had any investment advisors (I was playing dumb as I know they have financial advisors) at the local branch. She immediately responded with, "Is this concerning the Iraqi Dinar?" I said well yes it is. I was a bit surprised that she even mentioned the Dinar. I then asked her if she knew what the rate was and she looked it up and it was the same as it has been for quite some time. She then said, "You know that it is going to increase in value very soon" and I said with confidence, well yes I knew that:) I again was a bit shocked because every bank person I've talked to gives the same pad answer of, "Sorry we aren't dealing with the Iraqi Dinar right now" or they just have no clue to what I'm talking about. I'm sure you will bash me for not telling which bank exactly or for giving names but I really don't want to get anyone in trouble, so bash away:)

But wait my story gets better...I ended up talking to the bank manager, who will remain nameless, no one needs to get fired over this. I asked him to call me if anything changes with the Dinar and he said he would be glad to take care of me. Well guess what...the bank manager called me today at 5:36 PM after hours and not on a work phone, weird I know but true. He said, "I can't say much but come in on Monday and bring your Dinar with you and we can take care of you." He said, "I can't say anymore because I don't want to get fired." I kid you not. I'm a bit freaked out but I'm going in on Monday and we shall see what we shall see:)

To play devil's advocate here, maybe my bank manager is a fan of the Dinar just like me and he just wants to chat/speculate about all the money I will invest with his bank...OR JUST MAYBE Monday all our dreams will come true and we will finally have an RV!!! I don't know if it will happen, I'm not predicting it will happen and I don't have a clue to what the rate might be. I'm just sharing my personal experience. Take it or leave it but I felt like I should at least share it with you all. God bless and Go RV!!!!!!!!smile.gif

"Come in on Monday and bring your Dinar with you and we can help you." But he can't say anymore because he's worried about getting fired.

What's wrong with this picture? And why does this bank story sound just like every other bank story?

I got an idea mikejames... How about you be back here on Monday and tell us all about your adventure. Think you can do that? And if we get our RV between now and then I'll be the first one to beg your forgiveness for thinking you are just another storyteller. Deal?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

"Come in on Monday and bring your Dinar with you and we can help you." But he can't say anymore because he's worried about getting fired.

What's wrong with this picture? And why does this bank story sound just like every other bank story?

I got an idea mikejames... How about you be back here on Monday and tell us all about your adventure. Think you can do that? And if we get our RV between now and then I'll be the first one to beg your forgiveness for thinking you are just another storyteller. Deal?

Deal!!!

• Upvote 5

If the RV doesn't happen by Monday I will at least share my experience at my bank. If it does happen by then, well we will all be busy cashing in:)

Not so fast! I won't be cashing in if the rate is much below a dollar. And if it is around a dollar, I'm not cashing it all in. Thanks for the post. I'm going to call my 5/3 bank on Monday and ak them about that and ask if they sell Vietnamese dong.

Before the standard" why are you here" comment........because I'm a gambler...with what I can afford to lose......please stop all of these ridiculous posts that possibly induce the less fortunate to go without necessities....yes you PUMPERS know who you are.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

Mike, the fact that you weren't a "one post wonder" and continued to stay on the board and chat, as well as said you would come back Monday with an update gives you more credibility than most 3 post newbies with a bank "rv Monday" story......my personal take on this, especially with the manager calling you from their cell phone, after hours, is that the manager may be invested personally in the dinar and follows these sites, and feels personally that something may occur over the weekend.....had they received any type of memo about an rv from corporate, I think he would have been too busy trying to order more for himself, family, friends(from a dealer).....thats my take on the situation....

• Upvote 2

Deal!!!

I guess I need to apologize already. Your original post was the only one up

when I started to compose my reply. But I got interrupted and by the time I hit Post

you had already offered to do what I requested of you.

So... well see Ya on Monday, andI sure hope I have to apologize again. smile.gif

Before the standard" why are you here" comment........because I'm a gambler...with what I can afford to lose......please stop all of these ridiculous posts that possibly induce the less fortunate to go without necessities....yes you PUMPERS know who you are.

Sdr..... Are you talking to me???

• Upvote 1

Mike, the fact that you weren't a "one post wonder" and continued to stay on the board and chat, as well as said you would come back Monday with an update gives you more credibility than most 3 post newbies with a bank "rv Monday" story......my personal take on this, especially with the manager calling you from their cell phone, after hours, is that the manager may be invested personally in the dinar and follows these sites, and feels personally that something may occur over the weekend.....had they received any type of memo about an rv from corporate, I think he would have been too busy trying to order more for himself, family, friends(from a dealer).....thats my take on the situation....

My only question back to you is why would he ask me to bring my Dinar if he just wanted to talk?...I'm still up for chatting with him b/c he may or may not have useful information. Maybe he wants to ask me out, or maybe he wants to beat me up and steal my dinar...I don't really know but what I know is that I am meeting with him on Monday. I can only hope like the rest of you that an RV is just around the corner;)

My only question back to you is why would he ask me to bring my Dinar if he just wanted to talk?...I'm still up for chatting with him b/c he may or may not have useful information. Maybe he wants to ask me out, or maybe he wants to beat me up and steal my dinar...I don't really know but what I know is that I am meeting with him on Monday. I can only hope like the rest of you that an RV is just around the corner;)

Don't get frustrated Mikejames. A post like this is going to bring the heat. Nothing you can do about it. Too many bank rumors in just the last 3 months that have not came through. This rumor is not much different than the others. I hope what you say is true and I am not busting your balls. Just know that the ball busting has just begun!!!!!

Don't get frustrated Mikejames. A post like this is going to bring the heat. Nothing you can do about it. Too many bank rumors in just the last 3 months that have not came through. This rumor is not much different than the others. I hope what you say is true and I am not busting your balls. Just know that the ball busting has just begun!!!!!

*puts on a cup* please avoid mine, but i have backup protection just in case ;)