Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

FACING THE RUMOR REALITY

Legolas

Great question cabinetman, but honestly, I don't think we can get an answer in the near term. I've said for a long time that there are three entities currently profiting from the sale of Dinars to investors. #1: IRAQ - they are the recipient of very long term, interest-free "loans" from we the investors of valuable U.S. Dollars - millions per month for the past several years. We can be sure that Shabibi is well aware of all of the Dinar websites. Are he and the GOI laughing at us? Perhaps. I've always wondered why Iraq would allow BILLIONS of Dinars to be shipped to the U.S. every month to be sold by dealers if they had any intention of significantly increasing the value. There are many more issues, but that suffices for this discussion. #2: Dinar Dealers- They are obviously making anywhere from $200-$400 or more over face value per million Dinars sold. #3: The Pumpers - We can be relatively certain that they don't do what they do every day without some type of compensation. It's not likely to be all about ego as some suggest. Some may be innocent dupes, anxious to bring the exciting message to fellow investors. But not the big ones who have made hundreds, and in some case thousands of false RV claims. :rolleyes:

Legolas -

Have you made note of the "NEW" Dinar Dealers? Most have witnessed the HUNDREDS per sale made by the ORIGINAL dealers. Remember Ali? He quoted that he sold about ONE BILLION DINARS each month! I think that's about $400,000 Gross per MONTH at a sales price of $1,200 per million dinar when his own cost was less than $900! 2-3 years taking-in THAT kind of profit isn't BAD for ANY business! Not on the same level as Exxon. . .but not bad, nevertheless!

NOW, as the excuses, deadlines, so-called "prophecies" and "made-up" dates all fail, and people are FINALLY startying to ger suspicious, even the BLOG GURU's are starting to get-in on the DINAR-mania and partner with others to SELL on their BLOG SITES!

There is NOTHING an RV would gain for the Iraqi's. . .and LOTS such a thing would gain for all the US Dinar holders.

UNFORTUNATELY, but equally. . .the is LOTS to gain for the Iraqi's with an RD (and LOTS MORE for the Dinar Dealers when they take BACK the Dinars AFTER an RD at ANOTHER 20% loss to the many who have ALREADY paid the Dinar Dealers $400 over their toilet paper value when they BOUGHT them from the Dinar Dealers).

Iraq gets essentially a FREE LOAN of hindreds of millions, and it make a FABULOUS living for the Dinar Dealers here!

EVERYBODY MAKES OUT GREAT (except for the million-PLUS Americans who purchased dinars).

Now if we could add a 3% Federal Sales Tax onto any Iraqi toilet paper sold BACK to the Dinar Dealers. . .even Obama could crow!

Legolas -

Have you made note of the "NEW" Dinar Dealers? Most have witnessed the HUNDREDS per sale made by the ORIGINAL dealers. Remember Ali? He quoted that he sold about ONE BILLION DINARS each month! I think that's about $400,000 Gross per MONTH at a sales price of $1,200 per million dinar when his own cost was less than $900! 2-3 years taking-in THAT kind of profit isn't BAD for ANY business! Not on the same level as Exxon. . .but not bad, nevertheless!

NOW, as the excuses, deadlines, so-called "prophecies" and "made-up" dates all fail, and people are FINALLY startying to ger suspicious, even the BLOG GURU's are starting to get-in on the DINAR-mania and partner with others to SELL on their BLOG SITES!

There is NOTHING an RV would gain for the Iraqi's. . .and LOTS such a thing would gain for all the US Dinar holders.

UNFORTUNATELY, but equally. . .the is LOTS to gain for the Iraqi's with an RD (and LOTS MORE for the Dinar Dealers when they take BACK the Dinars AFTER an RD at ANOTHER 20% loss to the many who have ALREADY paid the Dinar Dealers $400 over their toilet paper value when they BOUGHT them from the Dinar Dealers).

Iraq gets essentially a FREE LOAN of hindreds of millions, and it make a FABULOUS living for the Dinar Dealers here!

EVERYBODY MAKES OUT GREAT (except for the million-PLUS Americans who purchased dinars).

Now if we could add a 3% Federal Sales Tax onto any Iraqi toilet paper sold BACK to the Dinar Dealers. . .even Obama could crow!

Have to agree with you Skybear. The dealers have made a killing, and as if they weren't making enough selling the three zero notes at a $400/million profit, several have managed to hype up the sale of the smaller denomination notes at even greater profit. It's sad, but people are going to continue to believe what they desperately WANT to believe, and there are plenty out there willing to take advantage of them. The truly frightening thing is that there are many who STILL defend the pumpers. :(

Never said I was an expert, Duped again. Far from it. It's just a very carefully considered "opinion" based on more than 3 years of reading and watching events unfold. I "DO" have a great deal of expertise in fraud investigation, and I can tell you with absolute certainty that the thousands of pages of internet forum posts by the pumpers have been pure BS and lies. It might be somewhat difficult to establish the "origin" of those lies, but that doesn't change the fact that they are readily proven lies. The facts speak for themselves. Not a single one of them has been even remotely close to factual. That much is indisputable. The eventual outcome is as yet undetermined, but the evidence is building. :unsure:

Never said you claimed to be an expert. Just said it's funny how everyone thinks someone is after a post. Just like Frank and Okie and the others you claim to be pumpers. I just hope you are wrong. :)

The post is far more than opinion. If you read it carefully line by line, it is supported by more than 5 years of readily available, clearly proven facts. In addition, it is supported by many articles already posted here and thoroughly discussed. I have yet to see a single guru respond to this argument at all, let alone with an explanation which can be supported with evidence. It was placed in the rumors section due to the fact that it's primary purpose was directed toward the indisputable fact that virtually every one of the tens of thousands of RUMORS we've seen since 2004 has been a total fabrication. I find it absolutely mind boggling that people continue to believe that eventually these "liars" are going to be right. I've yet to see a single post where someone explains the logic in this belief. If a person has lied to you twice, let alone hundreds or thousands of times, why on earth would you think that "eventually" he or she is going to be telling the truth? Desperately wanting to believe that something is possible doesn't make it any more likely that it is. For more than 3 years now, I too desperately wanted to believe that there was at least a "chance" that we might see a straight RV. But I don't have to be hit in the head with a hammer a hundred times to realize that I've been hit in the head with a hammer. I think the information which has come to light in recent months makes Iraq's ultimate intention abundantly clear. It's now merely a matter of when and at what rate, and it's painfully obvious they are in no hurry to do ANYTHING, despite the never-ending claims by the pumpers that this is imminent.. I would suggest that people seeking logical explanations read the recent posts of Dalite, GT5Junkie and JG167 for new posts which might help to clarify my own considered opinion. You can find them by going to their member profiles and searching their recent posts rather than digging thru the forums. They've done a great job and put in a lot of effort. I'm certainly open to hearing another opinion which can be supported by reason and logic.

Thanks Keepm. All we can do is "keep" trying to get the point across. I still hope we're somehow wrong, but no matter what angle I look at it from, I just can't see a more logical perspective. :blink:

Guess I was wrong. You do think you are an expert. I won't be coming back to this negative site. I will just wait and see what happens. I can see how it is frustrating hearing these guys claiming it is going to be announced and the rate will be announced tommorrow and then nothing. Then it will be monday and then nothing. I have seen it for a couple of months and am going to stop listening to them too. Good luck everyone!

So funny to see all the sheep who refuse to entertain anything other than the childlike 'I'm going to be a multi millionaire overnight' scenario'.

Wanting something to happen doesn't make it happen.

We all hope for the best but only a fool would refuse to believe anything other than straight up RV.

Then why did you invest? Or do you just have nothing better to do.

• Downvote 3

I would like state to all the believers and nonbelievers out there that you will never see another investment in your lifetime or your children's lifetime. You are about to be partakers of types of returns that have been taking place on the the other side of the fence for a long period of time but with all the hype of the rv you have forgotten that really you were not to know about this investment.(I wonder why)The hands cannot turn back the time but they can make an effort to collect as much as possible from the average citizen that is involved with this investment. Think about it for a second 1% of the world knows about certain info that's why there are the wealthiest until now for( I will work a work in your day that if it were told to you you wouldn't believe it). Look the World Global Settlement/U.S Dollar Refunding Project is the real deal and the Iraqi Dinar Revaluation is part of it and in the near future we will see a new financial system in place and the international playing field will be leveraged. The United States didn't put 10 trillion into this business deal with Iraq for the dinar to LOP, it was put there to create wealth untold and it was suppose to happen on bush's clock. Listen it cannot be changed just delayed(tax provisions) tax the wealthy how about the new found iraqi Investor that's what you would like to say I know? PROTOCOL respect that. The reality of this we as investors are in a great place during The Great Depression there were more millionaires created in the history of the United States and with Iraq in it's beginning stages of Government and what it has to offer will produce the same results. Stay focused!!!

[/quote

DMONEY, I pray your right, but the dinar becomes more popular everyday...I can't imagine they could be so many new millionaires in America overnight…time will tell and I remain hopefully that in the end, we’re not just holding worthless paper.

Legolas, kudos man.....every post of yours in this thread has been outstanding.

Allow me to make one correction though. If memory serves me, the first mentions of a RD were somewhere back in 2005. Baqir "Jabr" al-Zubeidi, the MoF at that time, was the first to mention it.

Edited by MrFnHappy

Legoals Iraq currency was devauled overnight so what u think they can't revaule over night.

Take a look at the document posted on another site.com it's called future of Iraq it's a 5 year plan for Iraq.

Legials this will happen in a blink of an eye these people can not suffer any longer this country was never a poor country.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Legolas, kudos man.....every post of yours in this thread has been outstanding.

Allow me to make one correction though. If memory serves me, the first mentions of a RD were somewhere back in 2005. Baqir "Jabr" al-Zubeidi, the MoF at that time, was the first to mention it.

Thanks MrF, I appreciate it. Make all the corrections you want.....my memory sux. :lol: Honestly, my first recall of the RD info was a couple of years ago on Medic's private DV site, but I'm not surprised to hear that it was mentioned earlier. For the record, I'm pretty sure that Med still believes in a straight RV at somewhere close to $1.00, as does Sonny1, from what I remember. That should be "some" comfort to readers. I respect both of their opinions. Med has a knowledge and memory for all things Iraq like none I have witnessed on the internet. He possesses an uncanny recall for details which I've long forgotten. I don't follow him much anymore, but I probably still see most of his chats which have been posted. Until about a year ago, he bought into trusting many of the "intel" people, but has since then all but given up on any rumors, and I have to give him credit for that as well. I haven't seen him address this specific RD/RV scenario, but I'd definitely be interested in hearing his take on it, as well as Sonny's. Like I've said repeatedly, I'm far from being an Iraq/IQD expert. This is simply the scenario that makes the most sense to me personally based on my own research. Like everyone else, I'd love to see them do a straight RV at even a dime, let alone $1.....$3 would be mind blowing. I'd be really pleasantly surprised by ANY straight RV option. We can only hope and wait for a final outcome. I just hate to see people taken in and hurt by the never-ending insane, obviously fabricated rumors, whatever their source. Thanks again everyone for the awesome replies and opinions. :)

Legoals Iraq currency was devauled overnight so what u think they can't revaule over night.

Take a look at the document posted on another site.com it's called future of Iraq it's a 5 year plan for Iraq.

Legials this will happen in a blink of an eye these people can not suffer any longer this country was never a poor country.

Sorry solbiatodinar, didn't mean to ignore your question. I think it's been answered many times on this site, and probably in this thread as well. The IQD didn't really devalue overnight. You'd have to do some research to see exactly what did occur. Basically, the reason I don't see it revaluing the way we'd like to see it is due to the numbers......the M2; the Dinars currently in circulation; and their GDP and its near-term potential.... all of which have been explained really well by other people on this particular thread and several others. I would suggest that anyone interested in this topic read posts by Keepm, Drox, Jim1cor13, Dalite, GT5Junkie, and several others I've mentioned in replies within this thread. They, and others have done a great job in explaining those issues. This site has a wealth of information contained in its archives. It'd be nice if it could be better organized and more easily accessed, but I'm sure Adam has already thought of that, and the methodology for accomplishing the task is undoubtedly no simple feat. If we'd spend more time reading all of that stuff instead of the rumors, we'd ALL be experts by now. :P

• Upvote 1

Then why did you invest? Or do you just have nothing better to do.

Hi

Yes I have plenty of other things to do running a company I own that employs 86 people and this is just one of my many investments but its the most 'out there' one of them all.

End Quote

Don't limit this to just Americans.... People have purchased and are purchasing Dinars daily all over the World... This business is global....

The truly frightening thing is that there are many who STILL defend the pumpers.

End Quote

True... I would believe that this Dinar context is the only one ( or one of the very very very few ones) where this happens ( defending someone and keeping listening to them after they've been proved wrong or lying zillions of times).... Speaks volumes about the emotional nature of this Investment.

Edited by umbertino

Hey Legolas

One, if Gov't are not holding reserves then your argument goes out the window re the 27 Trillion in circulation, because there is proof that the Global investment by mum and dad investor only hold 3-7%

Two, the US took as security at least the equivalent Dinar to 400 Billion USD when they gave Iraq USD to begin the rebuild Not sure how much that comes to but I think it might be a bit.

Three Kuwait chose to take Dinar as Compensation payment NOT USD and conditioned the lifting of the Chapter seven which I understand they have to sign off on knowing what the revalued Iraqi currency will be when Iraq does enter the global trading arena.

Four if the war debt is not paid back and I refer to the coalitions loses in men Americans, Australians, British , Germans, Dutch, Japanese ect ect do you really think we are going to go back and do it all again when some tin pot dictator decided to screw the pooch again. I do not think so.

Like I said there is a alternate to your argument it just depends on if Iraq has the balls to defy the parents of democracy, I personally think they will get a spanking.

Cheers Chilli B) B)

Hey Chiiliherb. You mentioned in a separate topic post that I failed to respond to this comment, so I returned to look at it again. It's hard to respond to all of the replies, and this one referenced no proof of the assertions you've made here. I've seen them made by people on the forums, but never in official documents or even news articles. At any rate, I don't see where they really have any significance relative to this discussion. Perhaps you can explain. Why does a government holding Dinars affect the potential of a revaluation? What difference does it make what the percentage of holdings of investors is, and where did you get the 3-7% figure? I've seen nothing indicating that the U.S. took the equivalent of $400 Billion in Dinars when they gave Iraq $ to rebuild infrastructure, but if they did, $400 Billion worth of Dinars is still $400 Billion DOLLARS, without a reval. That value would have been determined at the current rate, right? Still irrelevant to this discussion. The same thing applies to your Kuwait assertion. I've seen nothing official stating that payment was made in IQD, but assuming it was, the number of IQD paid would have to have been in an amount equivalent to the "Dollar" or KWD amount owed, right? Since the IQD is not internationally tradable, a conversion to KWD or Dollars would have had to have been made for the payment. In any case, none of the above would seem to be pertinent to a discussion of a RD/RV vs. RV unless I've missed something. Finally, how would Iraq be defying the "parents of democracy? Where is the proof that the U.S. is demanding a revaluation of the IQD? I haven't seen anything even remotely implying that we have....except of course in the forums. :unsure:

Edited by Legolas

Great, great post. I have been in since 2007 so I know what you mean. I hope your wrong but your probably correct.

I have backed away from getting excited at all on this investment. The peeps that follwo Okie, a person that obviously has no intel must be bored...lol

Stay positive.

• Upvote 2

Legolas, great post. As I said on your message board, I joined DV today because of it, and the positive and open minded reponse I see you have recieved on it.

I was not given such a warm welcome on my former site last week when I posted the following realitly check on the wild "intell" on expected rates....plese forgive my self-serving piggy back on your post....but you and your fellow realists over here may find it of some interest

..........Keep it real! Bogie (sorry again, I realized after the fact I could have included this as an attachment over here on the DV site)

EYES WIDE OPEN....

Ok, many of us have been on an emotional roller coaster ride together, as the highs and lows keep getting more severe over the past couple of months. I cannot take putting my head in the sand anymore and just trust the conjecture / rumor / and "Intel" being thrown around like a Frisbee at a picnic. So, yesterday I decided to do a little home work for myself (not really wanting to know the answer) so I could stop second guessing my investment and start hoping (or healing) from a position of reality...

I do not intend to offend anyone here and was not going to post this but a friend asked me to, so here it goes....I truly hope that if anyone can offer corrections / additions / or advice to my analysis that this thread may offer a source of "grounding" to us all

I have no special contacts, skills, insight or "Intel" but I will try to explain my logic and clearly state any assumptions or estimates used to prepare this GUESS of what my IQD may realistically be worth at some point in the future (a whole other can of worms).

Why do we all believe that Iraq's currency will be more valuable than that of Afghanistan when this mess is all said and done-- one word OIL.

ASSUMPTION: The total value of any countries currency must be LIMITED by the sum of its resources, assets, liabilities (tangible or intangible), and if traded on the world market, cannot be arbitrarily in excess of this limit without valid justification

How many times have we heard- “look what happened to the Kuwait dinar after the Gulf war, it has to happen in Iraq!”…..so let’s run with that……

ASSUMPTION: Two countries with similar cultures, histories, and assets can be used to model each other and predict outcomes (within reason) within the flux of a global market

Since I was sold on this investment on these two assumptions, I feel justified in proceeding with my analysis using them to quantify my expectations.

I will welcome any inputs on some of the numbers I found in my search for an answer:

(the logic will not change, just the numbers)

Kuwait’s proven oil reserves are reported at just under 100,000,000,000 bbls – and their economy is dominated by a single asset- OIL

Kuwait has approximately 41,000,000,000 dinar (Kd) in circulation (this number was not well documented but the logic will hold if we update later with a firm value)

ASSUMPTION: Government revenue for a bbl of oil is $100/bbl fixed - (a liberal assumption for Iraq if intel is correct)

So let's do the math on the relative value of our model (the Kd) to Kuwait's known assets

100,000,000,000 (bbl of oil) divided by 41,000,000,000 Kd = 2.439 bbl of oil resvs / Kd in circulation

…now let's put this into $ of assets per Kd...........2.439bbl x $100/bbl = $244 of assets/ Kd in circulation (note: THIS IS NOT THE EXCHANGE RATE FOR THE KD!)

At last check today (7/13/11) the Kd rate vs. the US $ was $3.64/Kd..... so now we use our model assumption......

How does the fair market value of a globally traded petroleum based currency compare to the value of the underlying assets that support it..........or more simply, what is the asset to exchange rate multiplier for a real life oil based currency in today's market

$244 of assets / $3.64/Kd exchange rate = 67.03 ... meaning, Kuwait holds 67 times more value in oil than the world markets value it's Kd!!

Ok now for the climax.....let's apply the math to Iraq (I could shoot myself for not doing this 2 years ago)

The very highest estimate for oil reserves I could find for Iraq were 230,000,000,000 bbl (less than 150 B reported by OPEC- but let’s shoot as high as we dare)

NOW THE KICKER how much IQD in circulation.......27,000,000,000,000......yes folks that's trillions

So what is Iraq's bbl oil assets to IQD ratio

230,000,000,000 bbl / 27,000,000,000,000 IQD = 0.00851852 bbl resvs/ IQD in circulation (WOW! This seems diluted compared to our model)

now let's convert this to ($ of known assets in Iraq) per IQD.......

0.00851852 bbl / IQD x $100/bbl = $0.85 assets /IQ (looks familiar) This is the absolute top value one dinar could be with today’s known oil reserves!

Unless you are willing to believe Iraq can sell dinar to the world for more than their entire net worth--- $.85 is the limit!!!

But wait ...... we forgot to apply the multiplier we developed from our Kuwait petro dollar model.........

If we want to be fair, Iraq will need to hold 67 times the value of its IQD in circulation in oil reserves .......so.........

$0.85 assets / IQD divided by 67 = $0.0126866 / IQD (about 1.25 cents per IQD) or about 79 IQD/$ on cash in

Assuming recent IQD purchase prices, we buy today at 860 IQD/$ and sell later at 79/$

Please prove me wrong.....but I think we are looking at a very realistic 11x return on our investments........ still not bad, but I’m not risking a reserve on it again!

This is still a real opportunity........., but I feel much better about it now that I have opened my eyes and closed my ears.

This is why congress is still struggling with the debt ceiling issue, it will help, but it will not be the life changing event it's been hyped up to be................please just think about it

Edited by Bogie

I have to admit this talk of guru pumper con men does concern me. I know it seems outlandish to make such profits from a minimal investment but what an elaborate hoax to come up with. I obviously don't doubt there are some bad apples involved in this investment but to involve an entire government doesn't add up to me. It makes me question the heat that was put on Ali. It also makes me wonder that this thing might have happened sooner if the CBI didn't sell off so much dinar. The rule of supply and demand didn't necessarily warrant a revaluation. I think the pumper scam artists have indeed caused this delay. The very people we seek guidance and information from have stalled this thing IMO. But hey it's not like I am counting on a windfall return but I would like to see a 10 to 1 return. Still staying optimistic. I just want something different than that damn 1170!!!

But remember, the over night drop in value was from an artifically valued currency under UN sanctions and not legally accepted outside Iraq. Also compare how much was in circulation at that time to the 27 trillion in circulation today.... apples to apples.... as they say

I will welcome any inputs on some of the numbers I found in my search for an answer:

(the logic will not change, just the numbers)

Kuwait’s proven oil reserves are reported at just under 100,000,000,000 bbls – and their economy is dominated by a single asset- OIL

Kuwait has approximately 41,000,000,000 dinar (Kd) in circulation (this number was not well documented but the logic will hold if we update later with a firm value)

ASSUMPTION: Government revenue for a bbl of oil is $100/bbl fixed - (a liberal assumption for Iraq if intel is correct)

So let's do the math on the relative value of our model (the Kd) to Kuwait's known assets

100,000,000,000 (bbl of oil) divided by 41,000,000,000 Kd = 2.439 bbl of oil resvs / Kd in circulation

…now let's put this into $ of assets per Kd...........2.439bbl x $100/bbl = $244 of assets/ Kd in circulation (note: THIS IS NOT THE EXCHANGE RATE FOR THE KD!)

At last check today (7/13/11) the Kd rate vs. the US $ was $3.64/Kd..... so now we use our model assumption......

How does the fair market value of a globally traded petroleum based currency compare to the value of the underlying assets that support it..........or more simply, what is the asset to exchange rate multiplier for a real life oil based currency in today's market

$244 of assets / $3.64/Kd exchange rate = 67.03 ... meaning, Kuwait holds 67 times more value in oil than the world markets value it's Kd!!

Ok now for the climax.....let's apply the math to Iraq (I could shoot myself for not doing this 2 years ago)

The very highest estimate for oil reserves I could find for Iraq were 230,000,000,000 bbl (less than 150 B reported by OPEC- but let’s shoot as high as we dare)

NOW THE KICKER how much IQD in circulation.......27,000,000,000,000......yes folks that's trillions

So what is Iraq's bbl oil assets to IQD ratio

230,000,000,000 bbl / 27,000,000,000,000 IQD = 0.00851852 bbl resvs/ IQD in circulation (WOW! This seems diluted compared to our model)

now let's convert this to ($ of known assets in Iraq) per IQD.......

0.00851852 bbl / IQD x $100/bbl = $0.85 assets /IQ (looks familiar) This is the absolute top value one dinar could be with today’s known oil reserves!

Unless you are willing to believe Iraq can sell dinar to the world for more than their entire net worth--- $.85 is the limit!!!

But wait ...... we forgot to apply the multiplier we developed from our Kuwait petro dollar model.........

If we want to be fair, Iraq will need to hold 67 times the value of its IQD in circulation in oil reserves .......so.........

$0.85 assets / IQD divided by 67 = $0.0126866 / IQD (about 1.25 cents per IQD) or about 79 IQD/$ on cash in

Assuming recent IQD purchase prices, we buy today at 860 IQD/$ and sell later at 79/$

Please prove me wrong.....but I think we are looking at a very realistic 11x return on our investments........ still not bad, but I’m not risking a reserve on it again!

This is still a real opportunity........., but I feel much better about it now that I have opened my eyes and closed my ears.

This is why congress is still struggling with the debt ceiling issue, it will help, but it will not be the life changing event it's been hyped up to be................please just think about it

I like the comparison....but your numbers are off a little...the money supply of Iraq is 59 Trillion...not 29 trillion....which would make the value of the IQD in your scenario about 1/2 of what you surmised....but nice job

Great post. I have tried to say as munch before bjt was largely ignored. One poster had posed a question to you to the effect of if you thought it was not going to R/V why stay in this investment if you can call it that. The answer is simple do you keep the money on the remote chance you might break even or sell them and lose an additional 20 or 30 percent. Well you might as well take the remote chance

I like the comparison....but your numbers are off a little...the money supply of Iraq is 59 Trillion...not 29 trillion....which would make the value of the IQD in your scenario about 1/2 of what you surmised....but nice job

Thanks, I have not seen that number but at the rate IQD are being thown around I would believe it!

I think Legolas is right, an RD followed by an RV... and if I were wispering in Shaby's ea,r I'd do a two stage RV, one buck after the RD then a second to 3+ a year later after all the 25K notes were pulled in from the US and abroad to get the" weak of heart" out of the investment before the real value is realized.... just MHO

Edited by Bogie

Thanks, I have not seen that number but at the rate IQD are being thown around I would believe it!

I think Legolas is right, an RD followed by an RV... and if I were wispering in Shaby's ea,r I'd do a two stage RV, one buck after the RD then a second to 3+ a year later after all the 25K notes were pulled in from the US and abroad to get the" weak of heart" out of the investment before the real value is realized.... just MHO

jmw is correct, Iraq's M2 is 59T according to the published data from the CBI.

I've posted this before, IF I was Shabibi, I would do a straight RD....3 zeros off both sides of the equation. RV after the exchange period ends so that all current dinar would either be back in the hands of the CBI, or, no longer be legal tender. This would be the least expensive way to go.

Other countries that RD'ed and then RV'ed did so after their respective exchange periods ended.

From a business point of view, this only makes sense, since Iraq incurs the smallest hit to their reserves this way.

Nice job Bogie. Several thought provoking posts, well researched, and they make sense. Welcome to DV. :)

Legolas -

Thanks Skybear. Yeah, I have noticed. You brought up some of the same points I've mentioned in previous posts on DV. If we keep pointing them out, eventually more people may figure it out. I keep hoping I'm wrong, but the longer I watch and research, the more obvious it seems to become. :blink:

• Upvote 2

Great arguments all around, really!

I have to put this in my own perspective. If my personal IQD investment tanks to 0 USD and I lose it all, then I sell my motorcycle( a recreational vehicle) and recoup all of my losses. If after taking this chance I lose my bike so be it. Chances are a better/newer one will be in my future.

Worst case senario as I see it is a mostly break even situation. The down side looks pretty small to me. Take a chance, sometimes we win, but most of the time we lose a little. Such is life.

Before I go, what is the opposite of a pumper? Could it be a dumper?

Still holding on to an RV with a positve cash flow...

Legolas, I happened upon this post last night. My home is OOM. I seen earlier that you let someone share this, so I shared it with them as well. I am hoping that someone can prove you wrong. But it seems to me a very valid point. So I asked members of that forum to see what they could do in debunking your theory. I'm sure most questions/theories you've already answered, so I may refer them back here to you for that. I certainly do hope that you are wrong, or this is truly the scam of the century :angry: Well, here's to hoping that people at OOM know something I don't. I still say go RV!!! And definitely want it to happen first!!! Thanks for your post!