Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRS OPEN HOUSE SATURDAY !

JCOUTEE

IRS Nationwide “Fresh Start” Open House Set for Saturday July 16

IR-2011-75 July 13, 2011

IRS YouTube Videos:

Taxpayer Assistance Centers: English | ASL

Direct Debit Installment Agreement: English | ASL

WASHINGTON –– The Internal Revenue Service will open the doors to dozens of its Taxpayer Assistance Centers across the country this coming Saturday, July 16, 2011, to answer taxpayer questions and provide help with tax filing issues.

This special event is particularly intended for people who want to make a “fresh start” by taking steps to have liens withdrawn. It also provides an opportunity to those who cannot visit an IRS walk-in office during regular weekday hours to speak with IRS personnel about their tax issues.

A total of 74 Taxpayer Assistance Centers will be open in 34 states, Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. local time. Taxpayers can find participating offices by visiting the Saturday Service Locations page on IRS.gov.

“Sometimes taxpayers need one-on-one assistance with their tax issues,” IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman said. “Our goal at these open houses is to provide that and help taxpayers move their issues toward resolution.”

At the last two open houses, IRS personnel helped more than 16,000 taxpayers.

Services Available

The IRS recently adjusted its policies concerning liens by allowing for the withdrawal of a lien when a taxpayer enters into a direct debit installment agreement.

In addition to helping taxpayers with liens, the Taxpayer Assistance Centers will offer the same range of services at the open house that they do during regular weekday hours. For example, taxpayers will be able to arrange or make account payments, inquire about letters, notices or levies on wages or bank accounts, request copies of tax returns or transcripts and find answers to tax law questions. Multilingual assistance will be available.

No appointments are available for the Saturday open house. Service will be provided on a first come, first served basis.

I don`t think this has anything to do with an R.V. but me and my wife thought we would go Saturday just to see !!

Edited by JCOUTEE

The IRS will host a set of six Money Forums this summer to train and serve the tax practitioner community. The half week Forums are offered in July, August and September.

Attendance at the Forums, now in their 14th year, has grown constantly. Almost 20,000 tax pro attended the Forums in 2009, an increase of about 5,000 from the year before.

The agenda for the 2011 Forums includes seminars on the new Internal Revenue Service e-Services scheme, retirement plans for small businesses, abusive tax eschewance payments, the proposed changes to Internal Revenue Service guidance on moral philosophy and careerist responsibility, privacy, faster bill resolution, tax law changes and maintenance initiatives, among others. The Forums will also continue the popular workshops "Applying for Tax-Exempt Status" and "How to Become an Enrolled Agent." In addition, practitioners will have an possibility at each Forum to bring their own toughest unsolved case or question to Internal Revenue Service agent for on-site resolution. Internal Revenue Service stuff will also be on hand at each Forum to help interested tax professionals in completing an request to contest in the Internal Revenue Service electronic return filing program.

The dates and locations of this year's five Forums are:

July 16-18 : Houston.

July 26-28 : San Antonio.

August 3-5 : Dallas.

August 17-19 : Austin.

September 14-16 : Fort Worth.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The government is hard up for money. If you have a lien, they will take in installments? Go figure. You sign that agreement and they can garnish your wages, take it from your SS, and a lot of other things because you acknowledged you owe them. Don't do it..

The government is hard up for money. If you have a lien, they will take in installments? Go figure. You sign that agreement and they can garnish your wages, take it from your SS, and a lot of other things because you acknowledged you owe them. Don't do it..

If you owe you should pay

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is fishy. Tax help in July?

Well , they have Christmas in July so why not Tax day in July. Now if we could somehow convince them to give us another return (in July) this just might work out.Better yet, If we could convice Iraq to RV in July, that would make for a nice Holiday indeed.

The IRS will host a set of six Money Forums this summer to train and serve the tax practitioner community. The half week Forums are offered in July, August and September.

Attendance at the Forums, now in their 14th year, has grown constantly. Almost 20,000 tax pro attended the Forums in 2009, an increase of about 5,000 from the year before.

The agenda for the 2011 Forums includes seminars on the new Internal Revenue Service e-Services scheme, retirement plans for small businesses, abusive tax eschewance payments, the proposed changes to Internal Revenue Service guidance on moral philosophy and careerist responsibility, privacy, faster bill resolution, tax law changes and maintenance initiatives, among others. The Forums will also continue the popular workshops "Applying for Tax-Exempt Status" and "How to Become an Enrolled Agent." In addition, practitioners will have an possibility at each Forum to bring their own toughest unsolved case or question to Internal Revenue Service agent for on-site resolution. Internal Revenue Service stuff will also be on hand at each Forum to help interested tax professionals in completing an request to contest in the Internal Revenue Service electronic return filing program.

no one is talking about this at all!!!

• Upvote 2

So different states are having different RV days? Why didn't Okie say anything?

MAW33326 - Don't get your panties in a knot. This is interesting, and worth discussing. Why is it that anytime someone does not like something that is posted they call for its removal? Jeez. Jut don't read it if you don't like it. I am so sick of people thinking that they get to decide what is posted on here. I am fine with you debating the content and giving your information, but censorship is silly.

• Upvote 1

hey did you see this?

sent to me from a rumor sender

Date: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 12:10 PM

Consider this as an opinions, get your own tax advice.

[sunny301] TAX POST: Spent almost 3 hours with IRS today and here in a nutshell what they told me, coming from their Law Dept on Currency. Currency is not considered an investment. It is NOT a Capital Gain because it is not the sale of anything. Currency Exchange is treated as an exchange and not the sale of an asset. You would have to pay taxes on currency if purchased through an exchange such as the Forex, but currency is not treated like a bond, stock etc. the only way you could be taxed on currency is if congress passes a NEW LAW to collect taxes on this event. This was told to me by an IRS Law Dept Lawyer. I would like someone out there to show me proof or where in the IRS Tax Code where Currency is considered a capital gain. The IRS sure as hell could not show me or tell me that it was. Where is everyone getting this information that currency is a capital gain? I think this is made up just like a lot of the other information on these blogs.

• Upvote 2

Huh? It's on the IRS website.

Thank you ! lol , I clearly posted at the bottom that I did not think this has anything to do with an R.V. but clearly he didn`t have his reading glasses on ! It was in fact more on proving that they had other reasons , But I was still going to go just to give everyone a peace of mind .

Edited by JCOUTEE

i agree the gov't is hard up for money. and i dont think this irs open house in july has anything to do with the rv. to think that it does is ridiculous and if any of you bought into it then that means the pumpers are doing their jobs and doing it quite well. what i dont understand is if the feds need our money, they will set up shop and staff it on overtime pay just to maybe collect a few extra bucks. that is the typical way of thinking with our gov't. hey we are broke but we can spend 500,000 dollars to pull this off and maybe we can make 100,000 dollars in late taxes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I can see it now, a tour of the IRS. Folks if you like to your right you'll see a bank of phones we use to call our lawyers to take away your stuff if you are delinquent. :lol:

Wish we could all get on the same page in this country and send them back where they came from, the Phillipines by way of Puerto Rico and those Lying Lawyer ESQ's all belong to the Queen of England. They're all FOREIGN to the U.S.A and nothing more than the worlds biggest Debt collectors. Of course we're not the United States of America anymore we're simply the United States (Corp.) but that's a whole other subject! :o

Although we coming up on a solid three months past tax day, with the market down and many out of work, some are having a hard time paying their past due taxes. It makes complete sense that the IRS would open all of these new offices. Remember, democrats love big government and control of it's people (see latest healthcare bill as proof). I think many have their beer... I mean dinar goggles on and see that everything is pertaining to the dinar revaluation. Step back and stop listening to those that have been wrong with their intel over and over again.

GO RV!

Speaking of taxes...I've heard that it would be wise to get a pre-determined tax ruling from the IRS, from your tax attorney, CPA, etc...before paying ANY taxes, therefore your not under the old "ignorance is no excuse" situation, and then possibly later paying out the nose due to someone else's mistake or your own?